Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

Wiltshire Radio commentators gave a list of visiting managers and scouts attending the match (honestly! It was during half time waffle).

And they specifically mentioned Nigel Adkins as being there. No wind up; no lies - just reporting what was on the radio this evening.

p.s. Austin missed a penalty

he was probably watching Tranmeres Ian Thomas Moore, he'd make a great "cover" player and ideal fifth choice striker in case everyone else is injured. Just the sort of player we need on our books.

Memo to Nigel Adkins. Always best to do your research on the opposition before you play them not after they've beaten you. Learn this and you'll go far.

He will be going to Blackpool, pretty much confirmed by the Swindon manager tonight

The boss provided supporters with an update on the future of the 17-goal striker, who has been the subject of much transfer speculation over recent days.

"There is one offer which is getting fairly close, which is Blackpool.

"Charlie is still our player and until I am told different he will be in the team."

He will be going to Blackpool, pretty much confirmed by the Swindon manager tonight

The boss provided supporters with an update on the future of the 17-goal striker, who has been the subject of much transfer speculation over recent days.

"Charlie is still our player and until I am told different he will be in the team."

I hope he does go to Blackpool, or Burnley

I still think that Mackail-Smith is the much better All-Round Player

I doubt if Fry will sell though, as the Posh are in the Top Six, and therefore a close challenger to Saints

Wiltshire Radio commentators gave a list of visiting managers and scouts attending the match (honestly! It was during half time waffle).

And they specifically mentioned Nigel Adkins as being there. No wind up; no lies - just reporting what was on the radio this evening.

p.s. Austin missed a penalty

I can back this up as I was listening to second half on saints player due to the fact I had money on STFC in an accer & that was the final piece of the £million(!) win. Bar.stards.

from 606

comment by STFC69 (U14334950)

posted 1 Hour Ago

his last game last night will be signing for you tomorrow. Adkins at the game last night.

not sour grapes at all on my part but i just want him out now he has been a disgrace in the last few weeks because the club didnt tell him about the Hull offer. Was just strolling about last night having said that he is still a greta player but he has caused alot of disruption at our club in the last few weeks and it needs to end.

He will be a great player for saints and you will love him but its a pity he had to go about ending his time with us in the manner he has. leaves a bad taste.

Not confirmed really, just saying that Blackpool are the closest club to meeting their valuation of him.

from 606

comment by STFC69 (U14334950)

posted 1 Hour Ago

his last game last night will be signing for you tomorrow. Adkins at the game last night.

not sour grapes at all on my part but i just want him out now he has been a disgrace in the last few weeks because the club didnt tell him about the Hull offer. Was just strolling about last night having said that he is still a greta player but he has caused alot of disruption at our club in the last few weeks and it needs to end.

He will be a great player for saints and you will love him but its a pity he had to go about ending his time with us in the manner he has. leaves a bad taste.

That sounds exactly like the Charlie Austin I went to school with for five years, big gamble signing him, I can tell you now he won't like sitting on the bench.

Apparently he's gone up to SMS for a medical.

Another one.

Problem is he now has leg injuries from 78 consecutive reflex tests and radiation sickness from the same amount of x-rays.

He could be the best striker at the club,bar none, if he did not spend all his time having medicals.

That sounds exactly like the Charlie Austin I went to school with for five years, big gamble signing him, I can tell you now he won't like sitting on the bench.

Well he won't have to like sitting on our bench, cos we aint signing him ffs......... this thread is nonsense.

Darn you jumped in before me and ruined my hilarious jape....

Apologies, although I think our hilarious japes complimented each other. I'd even go so far as to say the combined japes were greater than the sum of their parts.

I can only hope Charlie Austin himself is reading and laughing along

This is most pointless thread ever. Austin wasn't joining us a month a go and is not going to join now. Close thread.

Why do people seem to think we have no chance of signing him? The only reported bid in is from Blackpool who I agree are a premier league side which woud be a major attraction.

However think about it, they are possibly going to lose thier best player (adam) which will have a major effect on the side. they are only 6 points above the relegation spots. an injury or two and adam leaving could see them freefall.

Austin would also be unlikely to get a starting spot so will play from the bench certainly until next season. They have a fairly well publicised wage structure which we can compete with. Charlie Adam as thier best player is reputedly on 10k per week and they wont pay him any more than that. what would they play young austin? 5k maybe? Austin is a young lad and it is big decision to move so far north away from friends and family.

Would you really move to blackpool if you can get similar money at a club with plenty of ambition and potential? Now looking at Saints we can offer decent money, we have better facilities, we have a story to sell to him and we are close to home making it eaiser to settle. Finally he is going to get more games here whilst developing his talents.

Im not saying we are nailed on to sign him but with a bit of vision its not to hard to see its a possibility. Imo fonte was a more unlikely signing based on his age and ability at the time.

So sure we probably wont get him but all these glib comments asking for the thread to be closed and mocking people for being stupid are a little harsh.

This is a forum designed for people to discuss a common interest and maybe find a little entertainment. FFS

There is no real reasons why Saints shouldnt be able to land Charlie Austin, other players have joined the club based on the chairman & Manager's vision for the club.

He is a local lad and we are abig club who can afford £2 million, and we could offer Wotton and Connolly in exchange

Based on what? Since Fonte we've not made any big money signings...

just netted well over a million with the Man Utd game gate receipts and TV revenue, and dont think the club are exactly skint. Doubt if Chaplow and Guly aint come here cheap and Lallana's new deal wont have been cheap

Not skint no but we are spending significantly less than we were.

just netted well over a million with the Man Utd game gate receipts and TV revenue, and dont think the club are exactly skint. Doubt if Chaplow and Guly aint come here cheap and Lallana's new deal wont have been cheap

by that logic we could have spent all our budget already...

Not skint no but we are spending significantly less than we were.

Are we?

So you know how much Guly and Chaplow cost for both their loans and transfers and how large Lallana's signing on fee and agent fees were?

Summer 2009 until November 2009

Lambert

Hammond

Jaidi

Connolly

Harding

Papa Waigo (on loan)

Antonio (on loan)

January 2010

Fonte

Barnard

Puncheon

Seaborne

Otsemobor

Summer 2010

Richardson cost £450k

Dickson cost £225k

Butterfield (Signing on fees and agents fees for a free transfer)

Winter 2010/2011

- Plans for multi million training ground, probably costing close to £8 million.

- Guly (would have been a significant loan fee and transfer fee)

- Lallana (new contract, signing on fee, agent fee)

- Chaplow

- N'Guessan on loan

Still 5 days of window left...

Edited by Matthew Le God