Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

This could go on forever, but..... How do you know we DONT have funds?!?

We've signed Guly and Chaplow.

Lalana signed new contract.

Maybe just maybe NA and NC didn't rate him at £1.6m

Not rating him at £1.5m + makes sense as Lambert only cost £1m and his record over a longer period was as good, if not better than Charlie Austin. On the Swindon link earlier someone stated that Sam PArkin went to Ipswich before and never reproduced the form he showed at STFC so that is an example of where these things can go quite wrong if the player has not been proven over a significant period of time. I would think £1m tops has to be about right for a L1 striker who has only proved himself over a short period of time as it is a gamble to sign someone like that in my opinion.

Just heard that burnley have won the race. No source as yet though. Will look and come back

Quick search can't find anything other than a post on the Ipswich fans forum so take it with a pinch o salt fo now

Edited by Stepgar

Huh?

Do we know that Saints even bid and if so was it accepted?

No we don't, all speculation, but we were ( allegedly) 3rd or 4th bidders

But you and I know that Players have a lot of "clout"

If he did not want to go to Ipswich, all he had to do was say so, then Swindon would have been in a cleft stick

On the basis that you do not keepa player that wants away, things would have happened, most likely he would have gone to Burnley direct, instead of all the Faffing arouns

For me, Howe + Austin + Done Deal long ago

No we don't, all speculation, but we were ( allegedly) 3rd or 4th bidders

But you and I know that Players have a lot of "clout"

If he did not want to go to Ipswich, all he had to do was say so, then Swindon would have been in a cleft stick

On the basis that you do not keepa player that wants away, things would have happened, most likely he would have gone to Burnley direct, instead of all the Faffing arouns

For me, Howe + Austin + Done Deal long ago

Are you on medication today or something?

If we are 3rd or 4th bidders then that is hardly his choice. We could have put a bid in right at the start but if Swindon accept 2 other bids before ours then we will be 3rd bidders if we like it or not. If 3 clubs have bids accepted then he is free to talk to all 3. We believe he has spoken to Ipswich and now Burnley. If both are true then we know they had bids accepted. That might be it for all we know. Had we had a bid accepted too why would he not have spoken to us? We may have offered him more than Burnley and better terms making us his 1st choice. But if we didnt have a bid accepted then there would be no reason for him to talk to us in the 1st place.

He can only have a 1st choice out of the options available.

I've got a contact with someone fairly high up on the Swindon board and I have been reliably informed we have had a bid accepted for Charlie Austin.

Don't have any further details or how much the fee is etc.

Deal is still very much on. Don't have any other info.

If we pull this off (which will be a massive achievement considering the number of other clubs involved) I look foward to a personal apology from everyone on here doubting my credability ;)

I look forward to an apology from all concerned when this eventually comes to fruition.

is there still hope??

Are you on medication today or something?

If we are 3rd or 4th bidders then that is hardly his choice. We could have put a bid in right at the start but if Swindon accept 2 other bids before ours then we will be 3rd bidders if we like it or not. If 3 clubs have bids accepted then he is free to talk to all 3. We believe he has spoken to Ipswich and now Burnley. If both are true then we know they had bids accepted. That might be it for all we know. Had we had a bid accepted too why would he not have spoken to us? We may have offered him more than Burnley and better terms making us his 1st choice. But if we didnt have a bid accepted then there would be no reason for him to talk to us in the 1st place.

He can only have a 1st choice out of the options available.

You are missing a point I tried to make earlier

What are contracts worth ??? NOTHING these days

IF Austin had WANTED to come to Saints and NOT Ipswich, all he had to do was tell Swindon that. Now, what Swindon would have done I don't know, but I am sure that they would NOT have wanted a want away player still on their books come deadline day

Players HAVE called the shots in the past, and will most likely do so again

Austin was reported to have said he preferred Saints, well I think that was a load of tripe

In my book, being reunited with Eddie Howe (9th in the CCC and rising ?? ) was a nailed on certainty

Remember, Ipswich were reported to be the HIGHEST Bidders, so, Swindon have had to accept a lower bid after all

Apparently although according to some he was already here, he has turned us and Ipswich down and is now talking to Eddie Howe at Burnley - if you believe the papers. I have to say a choice between him and Mackail Smith I prefer Mackail Smith as he is a grafter as well. But you cannot fault Austin's goal tally especially against us.

You are missing a point I tried to make earlier

What are contracts worth ??? NOTHING these days

IF Austin had WANTED to come to Saints and NOT Ipswich, all he had to do was tell Swindon that. Now, what Swindon would have done I don't know, but I am sure that they would NOT have wanted a want away player still on their books come deadline day

Players HAVE called the shots in the past, and will most likely do so again

Austin was reported to have said he preferred Saints, well I think that was a load of tripe

In my book, being reunited with Eddie Howe (9th in the CCC and rising ?? ) was a nailed on certainty

Remember, Ipswich were reported to be the HIGHEST Bidders, so, Swindon have had to accept a lower bid after all

:facepalm: I wish you would stop shouting every other word....

It doesnt matter what his contract is worth. He has told the club he would like to move on so they are listening to offers. They have a value set and they will accept any offers that meet that valuation or above. Maybe Ipswich couldnt offer him 1st team football? Or because they were paying more to get him maybe they couldnt offer as much in wages? Where are Ipswich going to be in the next year or so? Howe at Burnley seems like a good opertunity as Howe did very well at Bompey so chances are he will do at least OK with Burnley. Howe wanted to get Austin at Bompey but couldnt so this would be the 1st time he had worked with him.

If its true he has a kid down this way then im sure he would have liked to have gone to a club close by. But again.... If we didnt have a bid accepted then there was no way of discussing moving to us.

Not sure why everyone's having a pop at Kaiser Soze. It's quite obvious we were interested in Austin, and may well have had a bid accepted at one point only for other clubs to come in on the deal. He was always going to choose a Championship club like Burnley over us though.

Indeed. KS hasn't ever said "He will be joining us" (to my knowledge)

Not sure why everyone's having a pop at Kaiser Soze. It's quite obvious we were interested in Austin, and may well have had a bid accepted at one point only for other clubs to come in on the deal. He was always going to choose a Championship club like Burnley over us though.

At one stage Swindon's manager said that only Blackpool's bid was anywhere near their evaluation, so exactly why they'd accept bids below their price would be difficult to explain. Burnley probably upped their bid after Ipswich were turned down by Austin.It was also said yesterday that Ipswich were the only club having permission to speak to Austin , ie having had their bid accepted.So Kaiser's informant obviously didn't get it quite right but then that's not KS's fault really.

Burnley OS: http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/page/LatestHeadlines/0,,10413~2279046,00.html

Clarets Win Chase For Hot-Shot Austin

Posted on: Fri 28 Jan 2011

Burnley Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of striker Charlie Austin from Swindon Town for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old has agreed a deal at Turf Moor running until June, 2014 and becomes Eddie Howe's first recruit as Burnley manager.

The Clarets beat off competition from a number of other clubs to secure the services of the highly-rated young striker.

After joining Swindon in October 2009 from non-league club Poole Town, Austin scored 37 goals in 65 games for the League One side.

Over. And Out.