Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

There is some stuff from Swindon fans saying we've lodged a bid - although this was from a few weeks ago

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=42140.60

''My sauces tell me that Sothampton are pulling out the stops to get him....do you reckon he would go there?''

still can't see it happening though tbh...i don't think we'll be making any ''big name'' signings. I'd happily be proven wrong though!!!

...and i see another ''localish'' team are trying to make a rival out of us. Quite sad really

Edited by S-Clarke

Personality matters because its a team game and there's a squad to fit into, and it looks a united squad atm

He can be the big-time Charlie at Swindon because they rely on him, and have done for a few seasons. He's not the lone special player here and he'll quickly realise that.

He can be the big-time Charlie at Swindon because they rely on him, and have done for a few seasons. He's not the lone special player here and he'll quickly realise that.

When you say a few seasons, i assume you mean 15 months?

Can he naturally instinctively pick the ball up from our keeper, run the length of the pitch and score each time we need a goal? Because my big worry is not scoring goals, but having players who can make them...

Haven't we scored a fuk load of goals this season?

Why are you worried ??

Can he naturally instinctively pick the ball up from our keeper, run the length of the pitch and score each time we need a goal? Because my big worry is not scoring goals, but having players who can make them...

We have creative players all over the pitch. Morgan, Punch, Oxo, Chappers, Lambo, Dickson down the left etc...

we'll always create opportunities without Lalanna if that's what you're getting at (and we did create chances on saturday too, even though it was pretty drab)

I told you about a week ago who has bid what for Austin. The latest information is that he would love to play for Saints as he sees them as the team for the future and this is from the proverbial horses mouth. His family is so sure that he will make it that his Grandfather paid the difference to P.T. to what Swindon valued him at. Let's just wait and see what evolves.

I told you about a week ago who has bid what for Austin. The latest information is that he would love to play for Saints as he sees them as the team for the future and this is from the proverbial horses mouth. His family is so sure that he will make it that his Grandfather paid the difference to P.T. to what Swindon valued him at. Let's just wait and see what evolves.

Has he actually spoken to us, though, as someone else hinted he might have done? Is this something which is likely to happen?

Some chat on Swindon forum that he may have handed a transfer request in, probably rubbish though. Fair to say lots of teams will want him, would think its a small chance he would come here if we want him but you never know.

If so that might be significant. If a player hand in a transfer request then they forego any golden goodbye that they may be entitled to.

I would guess Connolly is on the way out, with him not even being in the squad on saturday.

If we are building for the championship, to have a choice of 4 strikers of Lambert,Guly, Barnard and Austin would be brilliant.

Would be a real sign of intent.

They cast their net out for two strikers and landed MClean & Fryatt instead.

Just trying to think who else could sign him from the Championship? Leicester / QPR / Burnley, maybe?

I'd say those 3 and us would be the main contenders.

Haven't we scored a fuk load of goals this season?

Why are you worried ??

I have no concerns about us scoring goals but the idea that Morgan, Hammond and Chaplow are creative is simply not really true is it?

Noticable that we have no Lallana and we cannot break the first team down without his presence?

Now, my question is is that coincidence or is it because without him we lack creativity??

Put it this way, the fact we score 19 goals in five games kind of proves my point doesn't it? Why do we need Austin??

Taken from the horses mouth, or Twitter if that's the next best thing...

@Charlie32Austin: I'm not joining Southampton. If I was to move it would only be to a club in a bigger league. #saintsfc

Make of that what you will.................

An unverified Twitter account live for

Taken from the horses mouth, or Twitter if that's the next best thing...

@Charlie32Austin: I'm not joining Southampton. If I was to move it would only be to a club in a bigger league. #saintsfc

Make of that what you will.................

A footballer who can spell...? Hmmm, I smell fish....