Scars

SNSUN

I've got a few, all achieved when I was a kid.

Got one on my knee from when I was being chased in the school playground by a girl whilst playing kiss chase, slipped forwards somehow, and dug my teeth in my knee.

Got one on my forehead from when I ran into the partition seperating changing rooms in a clothes shop at full pelt. (Rendered me unconcious that did.)

I got another in my eyebrow (which looks cool) from falling off the climbing frame at school.

I got more careful as i got older. So 'fess up...where are yours and how did you get them?

Got a long scar down the inside of my upper left arm, tore it on a branch falling out of a tree on a bit of waste ground just back from Bitterne Park Triangle some 50 years ago. My Gran said it was a punishment for nicking sweets in the corner shop on the way home from Sunday school. Not much sympathy huh, hurt too. Round hole shaped scar on my left shin, corner of a brick in some juvenile

fight or other.

One ontop of my right knee from when I was about 3 and I fell over onto a glass milk bottle. I was outraged because I had to go round in a pushchair with a plank of wood to support my leg.

One on the side of my right knee, running from halfway down my thigh from a skiing accident when I severed my medial ligament.

Eyebrow - playing football in a classroom, got tripped, faceplanted the corner of a radiator. Squirted blood about 2ft along the wall.

Shin - drunk, stood on a train with my back to the doors. Doors opened, a mate thought it'd be funny to push me, I stepped back and my leg went down between the train and the platform edge. I fell back onto the platform and looked down to see blood p*ssing everywhere. The cut got infected and took about 3 months to heal. Got a very decent scar and dent in my shin.

Forearm. Caught it on a 2 inch wood screw sticking through some plywood.

Various scars all over my hands from work. Scarred knees from being a normal kid.

Blue mark in knee obtained when dad emergency stopped and I managed to stab myself with a sharp pencil .

Cut across each knuckle on right hand. I threw an apple up to try and cut it in half with a sheath knife, unfortunately my mate decided to see if he could cut the apple in half at the same time. I got the apple, he got my hand. And if you are reading this, you are still a colossal pr!ck.

Various pellet wounds when we thought it might be a good idea to go "paint balling" with air rifles. It was around this time our sense of self perservation kicked in.

sat here thinking about this has made me realise i was very accident prone as a nipper!

i have 4 on my left knee from an Alsatian dog bitting me when i was playing cricket in a cutway.

on top of my head i've got a U shaped scar after i scalped myself jumping through a hole in a corrugated iron fence to retrieve a football.

2 on my forehead,1 done by the corner of a cupboard door at school & the other a door handle after tripping over my shoelaces.

a 4/5 inch one on my right shoulder from a branch,when i fell out of a tree.

1 on my right cheek from a stanley blade

1 down the side of my right hand thumb i did while cleaning a meat slicer

1 on my lefthand pinky finger i got by leaving my hand on top the radiator when i was asleep

thats all the major ones i can remember. reckon like most i've got a few on my shins when celebrating goals :)

I have a deep psychological one from watching our team under poortaloo

Yeah that old wound just never heals does it?

My worst scaring experience isn't even on my semi-knackered old body. Some years ago now I took my beloved 3 year old Godson to the park and while I was in loco parentis I took my eyes of him for a moment and he fell over and cut his face ...

It's only a little scar and you can hardly notice it now in all honesty, but I still have nightmares about it.

I have a deep psychological one from watching our team under poortaloo

I'll match that with the scars from 'that' defeat at Fratton Park. Still, WTFILN!!

Got a 3 inch scar just above my junk from a hernia operation, no cool war wounds for me. Yet.

forehead , small one from being bashed on the head playing badminton at school.

Right eye, fell off bike when after a night on the beers, three days in hospital as well with that one.

One in the groin, Stab wound from a crappy Albanian mugger. The IIIanker.

Just below left knee from when I was four and fell over. Right thumb from when the work glove got caught in a drill. Left wrist when a firework got inside my cuff. Both eyebrows and upper lip from separate football injuries. Two small ones on my balls from the vasectomy. One over two foot long on the inside of my left leg where they took the donor vein for my heart bypass - vey impressive. One scary one in the middle of my chest where they sliced open my sternum, still not quite completely healed after six months. One six inches long from the hernia repair in my thirties. Have I missed anything?

Got a nasty scar on right and side of my face. Pushed into a fence, a bolt when through my cheak. 18 stitches. Could have been worse and gives my face character. I could do with a nice back story if anyone can come up with one. Shark bite just doesn't seem believable.

Got a nasty scar on right and side of my face. Pushed into a fence, a bolt when through my cheak. 18 stitches. Could have been worse and gives my face character. I could do with a nice back story if anyone can come up with one. Shark bite just doesn't seem believable.

Shot by an arrow when officiating at the Olympics.

That was you?

Another back story: got run down working in temperatures of 120f in the tropics. Doctor in Lagos, Nigeria, cut out 15 abscesses from my back with a blunt scalpel and no anaesthetic.

Also had a six inch nail through my foot as a kid, crushed end of middle finger right hand in a gate hinge. Right knee busted up at football (thanks, Neil), scar on left knee (ligs), inch scar left palm from being trapped by 300kg piston, broken nose at football (thanks, Steve) which was later reamed out very painfully.

Oh, and a little circular knife scar down below. But there's been no complaints about that. ;)

I've got a couple on my chest, from "keyhole" surgery. They look exactly like bullet holes! Makes for some interesting "tales" around the pool. Due to complications, they eventually had to cut my chest open at the back, so I can even display the scar where they removed the bullets.