Three Cheers for the Admins In Getting Us Back Up And Running Again!!

1976_Child

Hip Hip!!

(although, can we get this rather nasty skate blue changed back to the Red please...sure your on it already!)

ps: £5 is a bargain

Many thanks and well dones to them for getting the website up and running, however I do not think £5 is a bargain.

I shall not be able to debate this any further as my 3 post quota is now finished....

Many thanks and well dones to them for getting the website up and running, however I do not think £5 is a bargain.

I shall not be able to debate this any further as my 3 post quota is now finished....

£5 is not a bargain. It is a joke.

So does either of you have any bright suggestions as to how this site might be funded then? Presumably your own pockets would have to remain untouched, so what would you do?

£5 is not a bargain. It is a joke.

oh right. So are you one of these people who expects to be given everything for free then? Servers cost money!! And if you think a fiver is dear, just thank God that the Admins haven't charged a professional web-developer fee as well !!

oh right. So are you one of these people who expects to be given everything for free then? Servers cost money!! And if you think a fiver is dear, just thank God that the Admins haven't charged a professional web-developer fee as well !!

For £5 I would like to be seeing something much more enjoyable than reading these posts. My solution would be to delete inactive accounts, use lots of advertsing, and forget about adding in live league tables, fixture lists etc.

Pompey will be laughing at us even more now.

This is the last of my three posts. Unless someone wants to pay for me. See y'all tomorrow.

Google don't charge me....get it?

For £5 I would like to be seeing something much more enjoyable than reading these posts. My solution would be to delete inactive accounts, use lots of advertsing, and forget about adding in live league tables, fixture lists etc.

So, for £5 you want to see more than posts...which is what you'll be getting.. But you want to forget about adding in live league tabels, fixture lists etc., which are the things you wanted to see for your £5...

Good argument

So does either of you have any bright suggestions as to how this site might be funded then? Presumably your own pockets would have to remain untouched, so what would you do?

YES - there it is, well done!

The first great idea.

Now we're needing funding we ALL know what we need

A TAKE OVER!

Now where's that software bloke gone? We could have a gold plated forum

(But seriously Well done lads - I was almost ITK, heard about it Friday in a call back to Blighty and found out you have been burning the phone lines on this. Great effort, Admin for an OBE I say!)

Guest admin
So, for £5 you want to see more than posts...which is what you'll be getting.. But you want to forget about adding in live league tabels, fixture lists etc., which are the things you wanted to see for your £5...

Good argument

Problem is a lot of people have not read the document properly so dont appreciate what is going on.

**** ******** ***** **** melon ********** ****

it does work

err... the above word should read "P O M P E Y".

While I freely admit it is amongst the coarsest words in Shakespeare's tongue, it will make referring to "them down the road" a bit tedious...

err... the above word should read "P O M P E Y".

While I freely admit it is amongst the coarsest words in Shakespeare's tongue, it will make referring to "them down the road" a bit tedious...

Their probably using the default swear filter that comes with the software. I am sure someone can remove it.

Google don't charge me....get it?

Yes because google's advertising model allows them to generate billions of dollars a year through their wealth of traffic.

When we're making that sorta money, we might consider going Free again

Yes because google's advertising model allows them to generate billions of dollars a year through their wealth of traffic.

When we're making that sorta money, we might consider going Free again

And buy the Club itself and become one of the biggest players in world football!

Now there's an idea.... :D

I suspect he hasn't read the general announcement we made on the old forum.

In a nutshell, for this forum to remain viable for the long term, that means reliable and financially sound, we need to rely on something concrete, and that is subscriptions. Donations and advertising simply do not offer the security in terms of balance sheet that we need.

Google have the format and enough users to justify the advertising payments to keep it going for free use.

This is a forum for ONE football club. Somewhat more limited in nature.

Yes but with a more collective and dedicated fanbase? Customers who keep coming back irrespective of the service?

Yes but with a more collective and dedicated fanbase? Customers who keep coming back irrespective of the service?

Estimated number that could use this forum and would be willing to pay. 3-9k or so.

Estimated number that use Google to get a chargeable service. 300million at least.

hmmmmm, let me think.....

Estimated number that could use this forum and would be willing to pay. 3-9k or so.

Estimated number that use Google to get a chargeable service. 300million at least.

hmmmmm, let me think.....

3-9k, ****, I wish!!!!