MarkSFC
Subscribed Users-
Posts
2393 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by MarkSFC
-
Exactly! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Why would he sign a deal if didn't want to be here??! Exactly when where or how did you meet him to understand that he does not want to be here? Why do so many people believe gossip and twitter and unreliable sources as fact? Pathetic. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I am guessing but maybe fewer 3pm Saturday kick offs make a difference? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Where's the confirmation? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Adam Lallana is today's equivalent of MLT and as such we need to hope that the love amongst the players and the club he mentioned in one of hiss peaches the other night is accurate and real enough to keep him believing in where this team can go to. I think he would not miss out on a potential move by staying here for a further two seasons as that is the time that will tell whether this team is on the the verge of something outstanding for our size club. If it does not come off by then, I would have no issue with any of them leaving and the club "going again" with a new crop. The reality is that in English football we have the most exciting and quickly developing group and if AL goes the belief will be sucked out of the club. If he honours his contract then the impossible may just be possible. It's going to be a long summer and KL and RK have a short time to convince players, manager, fans, and the footballing world of their true ambition.
-
He's got you hook line and sinker. Never mind. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
If we sell Osvaldo, Ramirez, Mayuka, Fox, Hoiveld (maybe just get rid!), then surely that covers the 22 odd million talked about and we then keep the nucleus and kids and go again for 3 quality players. There may well be some truth in this story but I suspect it's more spinning the line to suit the obsession of big club little club the press thrive upon. They love a success story but until it comes along they write in the opposite corner to satisfy their customer base. When will people ignore these agenda ridden people do their own research and make their own minds up??!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
So you are either realistic or happy? Interesting theory. Face it, some people have true realistic, well thought out vision, whereas some people are fantasists because they can provide no reasoning. This is true for both optimists and pessimists. I am sure I've met plenty of both who are happy and plenty who are not. Some people on the other hand fit their own opinion to a theory and spout it as fact, Barry. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
Wow! Fitzhugh Fella, you really do like to make a mountain out of a molehill. Take the stirring Echo who have an agenda, add in your agenda and hey presto.....pathetic. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
Great post Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
The reality is that we may well sell one or two assetts over the coming years. What I am hoping the "fight" is, is that for example Celsea want Shaw this summer....we fight to keep him BUT eventually they offer say 40m...I would say we win that fight. As much as you would hope we dont sell it will happen but if that sale means a couple of real quality players in other areas and overall we are STRONGER then thats fine. The difference of this strategy to Lowes is that he would sell and nor re-invest or would just buy mediocre. Very early days but my instincy is that we are actually going to have better times than if NC was still around. KL seems to be entirely committed to her fathers legacy.
-
It wasn't even aimed at you, that's quite sad in itself. Ironic or a tit, which do I choose? Actually neither. I stated my opinion of someone's statement of worry without any factual basis or comment. Those people are what the gutter press rely on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Poor old you. Why worry about something you have absolutely no control over? I feel sorry for people like you, life must be really scary. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
I think we do "need" a decent CB even if Lovren was not out. Other positions are merely wants. What our position does allow for is the signing of one or even two players that are part of the longer term because these last 4 months are as close to a no pressure situation as we are ever likely to get in this league. Its imortant to continue to win and build confdence around that but as pointed out the reality is that almost whatever we do we will not move up more than one place. This is a great chance to embed a player or players into the systmen and club ready for the new season. There is the FA Cup though....
-
The one when he's sold/released Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Transfer deadline day thread (Summer 2013)
MarkSFC replied to Ivan Katalinic's 'tache's topic in The Saints
we are currently 10th -
Transfer deadline day thread (Summer 2013)
MarkSFC replied to Ivan Katalinic's 'tache's topic in The Saints
Very happy indeed with the 3 players we have signed but cant help thinking that we are light in defence, particularly at Left Back. Another wCB of Lovrens quality would convince me that we are serious about top 8 this year...as it is 10th-12th is my guess. Its strange that Punch and Mayuka have gone out but no one (as yet) has come in. Theres still January of course....!!!! -
I wouldn't drink Fosters even if it was free for the rest of my life but generally you're right!!
-
Post Match Reaction & MotM: SAINTS 1-1 Sunderland
MarkSFC replied to Saint-Armstrong's topic in The Saints
unlikley away from home...possibly Osvaldo though -
Post Match Reaction & MotM: SAINTS 1-1 Sunderland
MarkSFC replied to Saint-Armstrong's topic in The Saints
before last week Im sure we'd all have taken 4 points from these games so a good start.....just frustrating given the very good play for most of today! -
Post Match Reaction & MotM: SAINTS 1-1 Sunderland
MarkSFC replied to Saint-Armstrong's topic in The Saints
Im sure he will soon!! 18 annd more exciting than Shaw.....boy we have the basis of an awesome team...I wont go as far as comparing the Utd lot of Giggs,Scholes, Neville and Neville, Beckham etc but Shaw, JWP, Morgan (hes as good as homegrown!!), Chambers, and add in "youngsters" Clyne, Ramirez, and the future is looking damn good!! -
We do but so can I!!! Two scoring 20 would be handy!!
-
You've spoken to him about it have you? Very likely he wants to see if there are better offers..which there are of course many, mainly those in the CL...BUT it does not mean he WILL NOT come here. Whoever ends up signing for us even if they wanted better is fine by me...they only ruin their career if they do not perform especially in WC year.
-
For me the amount I would pay is directly relevant to my perception of value for money...dont get me wrong, I love going to games but at a time when money is not flowing in decisions have to be made. Given the fact that I can watch every game in the pub whilst having a few beers and not neccessarily spend the price of a ticket and thats the choice. Its not the same but its still good in a full pub. The choice to go spend my income at the ground (unfortunately) is down to money but if our team was Barcelona for example I would be very likely to spend upwards of 70/80 a game. If we do end up signing Osvaldo or similar quality and we are winning then financially its obviously better value for money and my likely 6 games this year could turn into 12+ plus a few more away games than usual!! And before I am deemed a plastic thats certanly not the case, I've had ST's for many years in the past but finances prevail.
-
Interesting...I thought Turnbull looked good, definitely not a brilliant performance but he looks far more composed than Stephens..and left footed. Rowe was excellent, Sinclair has something about him but I think his slight lack of ppace may be his undoing ultimately, although I'm sure he play at least Championship level. I particularly liked the look of Reed, have feeling he will have a very good career. If the goal is too get 2 or 3 progres to the first team SQUAD each summer then we are very well placed with Isgrove and Chambers up there this year. Very healthy club we have.
