The morning after the day before...

Dibden Purlieu Saint

Utd managed to protest against the Glaziers whilst winning the Champions League.

Don't confuse support from the terraces for Adkins with not getting behind our players or the new fella.

The Man Utd protest is virtually non-existant today isn't it. Maybe they realised it wasn't going to make any difference?

Stay positive?

Jolly good, trousers! :)

Exactly.

That's why we're all praising Adkins to the hilt - because he would turn a negative into a positive. And yet here we have people saying they can't bring themselves to do that.

If you love Adkins (which we all do) then practice what he preached maybe...?

Wish people would stop telling others to draw a line under it. This isn't something that is just going to go away. People are angry at this decision and want to make their feelings known during the game on Monday and they will do so.

but why at the game. thats counter productive. if you feel somstrongly why dont you go to the ground today or monday at 9am with a banner and shoutnyour abuse outside the offices?

i love NA but i love saints more and will not risk creating a negative atmosphere at a game by protesting/ shouting for cortese out or other such things that may reduce our chances of three points.

I think we need to give this new guy time, we have some talented players and providing he can get the best out of them, and perhaps bring in some quality in January we'll be OK

Although we've done well we should have won games against Norwich, Fulham and Sunderland where we were awful, and the hanging on at the end approach of Stoke and Villa wasn't pretty either

Lets give him 4 or 5 games and see where we are, what his tactics look like and how he has us playing

Utd managed to protest against the Glaziers whilst winning the Champions League.

Don't confuse support from the terraces for Adkins with not getting behind our players or the new fella.

Other than wearing green and gold scarves do United fans protest during matches?

The Man Utd protest is virtually non-existant today isn't it. Maybe they realised it wasn't going to make any difference?

Why do people just believe we should except what is going on? I cannot fathom why so many fans lack backbone.

The Utd fight has been taken to the arena of high finance, hence the "White Knights" or whatever they were called. FC United shows the real manifestation of the fans discontent.

It's certainly not "non-existant". Hard to keep the momentum up year, on year. And so what if it doesn't make a difference, at least they've got enough about them to stand up and try to articulate how they feel about the way their club is run, regardless of how many trophies they may or may not win.

I think we need to give this new guy time, we have some talented players and providing he can get the best out of them, and perhaps bring in some quality in January we'll be OK

Although we've done well we should have won games against Norwich, Fulham and Sunderland where we were awful, and the hanging on at the end approach of Stoke and Villa wasn't pretty either

Lets give him 4 or 5 games and see where we are, what his tactics look like and how he has us playing

TBF I don't think anyone has a beef with the new bloke or what he hopes to achieve and let's not pretend that many of us didn't expect NA to get the chop in November (I did).

This is about the treatment of a good man at a crucial time in the season.

It's certainly not "non-existant". Hard to keep the momentum up year, on year. And so what if it doesn't make a difference, at least they've got enough about them to stand up and try to articulate how they feel about the way their club is run, regardless of how many trophies they may or may not win.

I said 'pretty much'. Watch the video I posted, I don't see the swathes of gold and green that there were early last year.

Some of the people posting "oh but it wont make a difference" crack me up. Such hypocrisy. They'l have a go at Pompey because they didnt question what was going on when they were playing AC Milan and winning the FA Cup and enjoying their moment in the sun. Yet in the next breath wont dare saying anything against their heroes running SFC because it wont make a difference.

Why keep comparing us to Chelsea? Our situations and responses are completely different.

Man Utd fans have done protests against the Glazers for a while now, how has that affected their on the pitch performances?

It's a sad day, when our support appears more plastic and transient than Chelsea.

If supporter's opinions and attitude is so important to the club, maybe Cortese should have considered that before making this decision?

I'm only comparing the possible atmosphere, that's all, and you know that.

All I was asking was whether having slept on it opinions had changed. Some have, some haven't, but some people 'get over' bad news quicker than others. Obviously you don't. That's all. Don't make it personal to fans that aren't sobbing into their cereal by saying they are plastic.

but why at the game. thats counter productive. if you feel somstrongly why dont you go to the ground today or monday at 9am with a banner and shoutnyour abuse outside the offices?

i love NA but i love saints more and will not risk creating a negative atmosphere at a game by protesting/ shouting for cortese out or other such things that may reduce our chances of three points.

Because one is a public way to show Cortese how we feel and the other will perhaps show a few people in the club shop ...

I said 'pretty much'. Watch the video I posted, I don't see the swathes of gold and green that there were early last year.
There is far more to it than just the scarves. Still hear the songs. And FC United is still very much alive and kicking. And as I say, so what if it doesn't make a difference, at least they've got the minerals to stand up for their principles and the way their club is run.

Why do people just believe we should except what is going on? I cannot fathom why so many fans lack backbone.

The Utd fight has been taken to the arena of high finance, hence the "White Knights" or whatever they were called. FC United shows the real manifestation of the fans discontent.

Because some may agree that the decision was the correct one, if not at a misjudged time. Why can't you accept that people have different opinions to yourself?

I'm only comparing the possible atmosphere, that's all, and you know that.

All I was asking was whether having slept on it opinions had changed. Some have, some haven't, but some people 'get over' bad news quicker than others. Obviously you don't. That's all. Don't make it personal to fans that aren't sobbing into their cereal by saying they are plastic.

And I've asked you how the atmosphere would be the same? Are we going to be booing our striker? Or booing our new manager? If you're the sort of person who's opinions change by "sleeping on it" rather than having an actual solid and viable reason, then the words "plastic" and "transient" do seem to fit I'm afraid.

Some of the people posting "oh but it wont make a difference" crack me up. Such hypocrisy. They'l have a go at Pompey because they didnt question what was going on when they were playing AC Milan and winning the FA Cup and enjoying their moment in the sun. Yet in the next breath wont dare saying anything against their heroes running SFC because it wont make a difference.

Don't confuse the gutless whimps Rich, it's a bit to complex for them.

Because the leaders of the campaign, the fanzine movement with some AMF types, said it had served its purpose and so to stop.

The Glaziers aren't the owners anymore then? Seems to have worked then.

I actually think it was a good protest in that it was highly visual but didn't impact on the team during the course of the match, a win-win so-to-speak. The way some folks are talking on here I can see ours changing the whole atmosphere at the ground, especially if we go behind with a massive detriment to the team. That's not going to help.

Still of the same mind. Gutted we've lost NA but realistic enough to know that nothings forever (even Nigel knew this) and the club will move on (as will NA). I'm a Saints supporter - I do that by going to support the team with fellow supporters regardless of who the Chairman, Manager, players or tealady are. Pochetino deserves our total support- as do all the players - let's draw a blue line under it and move on.

While I agree with the sentiment, how can you separate the two in practice?

And United is different: they have the ever-constant of Fergy while in our case, the new manager and NC's actions are fundamentally intertwined, so one will invariably spill onto the other.

Are we going to save protests for outside matches like United have often done? Our fanbase doesn't have the brains or organisational backbone to be so 'surgical'.

They'd bend over and accept anything from Cortese for the merest of sniff of the Champions League :lol: Don't matter about p****g off the match going loyal fans, we'll fill their places with tourists from Gloucester and Japan.

Still of the same mind. Gutted we've lost NA but realistic enough to know that nothings forever (even Nigel knew this) and the club will move on (as will NA). I'm a Saints supporter - I do that by going to support the team with fellow supporters regardless of who the Chairman, Manager, players or tealady are. Pochetino deserves our total support- as do all the players - let's draw a blue line under it and move on.

Exactly, had Saint Nigel been approached by Liverpool last summer, he'd have been off like a shot.

This is turning into our very own Lady Di moment, some need to get a grip.

I don't think I've read anything on here, twitter, elsewhere, where anyone has suggested not.

That doesn't, however, mean that we can't let the world know on Monday night that we don't agree with the decision/timing/way in which it was done.

For me it was a decision that should have been made either months ago or at the end of the season and whenever it was it should have been handled way better than it was.

And I've asked you how the atmosphere would be the same? Are we going to be booing our striker? Or booing our new manager? If you're the sort of person who's opinions change by "sleeping on it" rather than having an actual solid and viable reason, then the words "plastic" and "transient" do seem to fit I'm afraid.

Yes, I believe we will hear boos against our new Manager and that's what I worry about. Football fans aren't the most intelligent as you well know. But lets see on Monday. If we hear any fans getting on his back will you come on here and write me any apology? I doubt it.

You realise that 'sleeping on it' is a turn of phrase don't you? It's a combination of calming down, taking stock of where we are and where we want to go, and thinking about the possible reasons that he has been replaced. For me being 6 points above Reading after spending £30m in the Summer, about £24m more than Reading, is a pretty poor return. Obviously you feel that is a good performance though. Different horses for different courses.

Exactly, had Saint Nigel been approached by Liverpool last summer, he'd have been off like a shot.

This is turning into our very own Lady Di moment, some need to get a grip.

And we would have been gutted but appreciated his shot at the big time.

If you can't see the difference between that & the way he was dumped yesterday then you're dumber than I thought

Yes, I believe we will hear boos against our new Manager and that's what I worry about. Football fans aren't the most intelligent as you well know. But lets see on Monday. If we hear any fans getting on his back will you come on here and write me any apology? I doubt it.

You realise that 'sleeping on it' is a turn of phrase don't you? It's a combination of calming down, taking stock of where we are and where we want to go, and thinking about the possible reasons that he has been replaced. For me being 6 points above Reading after spending £30m in the Summer, about £24m more than Reading, is a pretty poor return. Obviously you feel that is a good performance though. Different horses for different courses.

Got to love this forum. Justifying Nigels sacking because 15th place isn't good enough with what we've spent, when only last week people were saying how well we were doing (not you BTW) with our L1 squad worth 1/3 of what Newcastles is!

Got to love this forum. Justifying Nigels sacking because 15th place isn't good enough with what we've spent, when only last week people were saying how well we were doing (not you BTW) with out L1 squad worth 1/3 of what Newcastles is!

even MLG was going on about "should be doing better" with our squad yesterday....unbelievable

Got to love this forum. Justifying Nigels sacking because 15th place isn't good enough with what we've spent, when only last week people were saying how well we were doing (not you BTW) with our L1 squad worth 1/3 of what Newcastles is!

You love this forum because people have opinions? Makes sense I guess.

This is getting out of hand. For anyone throwing their season ticket out of their pram, let me know.

I'm sad that Adkins was sacked, I disagree with the timing and think Cortese is a nob for it, but ultimately I think it was the correct decision as NA was an average manager.

Still disappointed, sad, angry over the sacking of Nigel Adkins.

Yep. Even if this was a success though I feel we will have lost something with our actions yesterday. Maybe I'm overly sentimental but I never wanted success this way. Now we are just like the teams I dislike. The newcastles and Chelseas.

Agreed, I always feared the Premiership would lead to a team of foreign mercenaries - clearly we are now lead by one.

Everton are a good example of what can be achieved by stability and backing a good young manager, something lost on the short-arsed Italian twerp at the club's helm(et).

You love this forum because people have opinions? Makes sense I guess.

This is getting out of hand. For anyone throwing their season ticket out of their pram, let me know.

Cant you read? As i quite clearly said, last week people were prasing Adkins and saying how well we were doing with a squad which was made up of quite a few league one players. This week they are justifying the sacking because we aren't doing well enough with the amount of money we've spent. which one is it? People do seem to have an opinion, but it seems to change depending on what the chairman does.

Cant you read? As i quite clearly said, last week people were prasing Adkins and saying how well we were doing with a squad which was made up of quite a few league one players. This week they are justifying the sacking because we aren't doing well enough with the amount of money we've spent. People do seem to have an opinion, but it seems to change depending on what the chairman does.

And they are the same people?

[quote=View From sention't think I've read anything on here, twitter, elsewhere, where anyone has suggested not.

That doesn't, however, mean that we can't let the world know on Monday night that we don't agree with the decision/timing/way in which it was done.

For me it was a decision that should have been made either months ago or at the end of the season and whenever it was it should have been handled way better than it was.

I understand the sentiment and agree it was strange at best, however these things happen and there are more important things in my life I guess that allow me to react to this situation in a rational, calm and reflective manner. Nothing I say or do will change the decision - the only reason to dwell on it would be to use the situation as a platform to cause trouble. Some people like doing that - it's how they get their kicks.