Merrington

Guan 2.0

Can someone on twitter please get Adam to pass on that the crowd are unlikley to give a round of applause to his personal hero Redknapp next week?

Forget relegation for one second, this is the man who claimed that 'After about a week at Southampton I knew I had made a mistake.' but didn't mention that to anyone, just did a quarter assed job and moaned about everything, and blamed everyone but himself.

If someone could also dig out the 'heart was never in it from day one' quotes that would be even better...

Btw, thought both commentators were otherwise excellent today.

Poor old Dave cant really be that out of touch......can he ?

Which one or combination of the following would he like us to applaud him for -

1 Being manager when we were relegated from the Premiership

2 Always referring to the club as "they" like he was never part of it

3 Later admitting he realised he had made a mistake after one week by joining Saints

4 Not having his heart or head in the job

5 Leaving us to go back to Portsmuff

6 Calum Davenport and Oliver Bernard

7 Taking the **** out of a jury/the country by claimimng he is some sort of retard in order to escape his, ahem, tax evasion charges

As Huffton so rightly says old dave is going to be disappointed next week !

:?

For starters he spouted some utter tripe about him "having manage with on arm tied behind his back from day one".

Apparently he had to manage us with one arm tied behind his back and his legs tied together. Seem to recall he was actually allowed to bring in several players, nearly all of whom were utter gash. I really don't know what Messa is on about.

He did have Rupert Lowe and all his barmy rugby coach ideas in the background to put up with.

That was the season after relegation.

what did he actually say about Redknapp?

Brilliant man and manager, did all he could :rolleyes: had arms and legs tied whilst here, not his fault, then stated that Saints fans were 'too intelligent' to go in for 'silly negativity' and give him anything other than rapturous rounds applause of thanks when he appears, the snide implication being that if saints fans who remember his lack of effort, appalling signings, terrible tactics, and public statements that his heart was never was never in it from day one, were just reactionary morons who couldn't appreciate genius.

You are either being ironic or my personal belief a drooling mouth breathing swivel eyed lunatic.

No you are just a complete muppet of the highest proportion and most people with any knowledge of the club at the time knew this.

No you are just a complete muppet of the highest proportion and most people with any knowledge of the club at the time knew this.

Not true have you read the other comments on this thread ? I could tell you some other stuff about Twitchys tenure here , some quite shocking stuff buy I dont want to be sued. He is a corrupt charlatan and is being found out big time at QPR. The only reason the press dont give him a hard time is because he has a deal with them that he is available for a quote any time of the day.

And you are a drooling mouth breathing swivel eyed lunatic blinded by your anti-Lowe herd liked mentality.

Not true have you read the other comments on this thread ? I could tell you some other stuff about Twitchys tenure here , some quite shocking stuff buy I dont want to be sued. He is a corrupt charlatan and is being found out big time at QPR. The only reason the press dont give him a hard time is because he has a deal with them that he is available for a quote any time of the day.

And you are a drooling mouth breathing swivel eyed lunatic blinded by your anti-Lowe herd liked mentality.

You really need to go and support another team, oh garforth utd

You really need to go and support another team, oh garforth utd

So because I dont like Twitchy (and have countless reasons not to) I should support another team? You are a drooling mouth breathing swivel eyed lunatic but double it.

You mean the 'barmy rugby coach' ideas that were not specific to rugby and have been pretty much adopted by all Premiership football clubs?

Don't recall any other clubs appointing a rugby coach as a director of football. Lowe was bonkers, only a few gullible fools on here think otherwise.

Don't recall any other clubs appointing a rugby coach as a director of football. Lowe was bonkers, only a few gullible fools on here think otherwise.

Yes, but look how quickly Simon Clifford returned to the big time. That if anything totally vindicates His Rupertship and His vision.

Not manji luckily.

I dont always agree with manji but in this instance he is right and you are wromg. Lowe was part of the problem but Lowe to be fair didn't realise he was bringing in a manager who probably only took the job to spite Mandric and openly had admitted he realised after just a week he had made a mistake coming here.

Redcrapp did not give a toss while he was here. The stories of one of his staff coming out of St Mary's drunk after a match are well known as is the fact that before that Man Utd game that saw us go down with a whimper old 'arry didn t have a bloody clue what to do or who to pick - Kevin Phillips on the bench so Ormerod could play !!! Seriously ?

The bloke always has someone else to blame when things dont go his way. Listening to some of the bull he has come out with the last few weeks is identical to the excuses he made whilst at Southampton.....the only difference is he doesn't refer to QPR as "they" like he did us !

Listening to some of the bull he has come out with the last few weeks is identical to the excuses he made whilst at Southampton.....the only difference is he doesn't refer to QPR as "they" like he did us !

That, and not telling everyone what a 'tough job its going to be to keep them up'. Nothing like a shed load of public negativity to motivate a team...

For starters he spouted some utter tripe about him "having manage with on arm tied behind his back from day one".

He did. The balls up that was relegation was a double act. B@llock Chops and Lowe. With Lowe long gone, Redknapp will get dog's abuse on Saturday whether Uncle Dave like it or not.

Redknapp's regret at taking the job was almost immediate - he was openly telling friends he had made a mistake 2 days after his appointment.

Redknapp's regret at taking the job was almost immediate - he was openly telling friends he had made a mistake 2 days after his appointment.

To think of it, I still do not know to this day how Lowe got saggy face to leave the skates and come to us. Amazing piece of work, and a big in your face to the blue few at the time. Yes it all backfired, but when he joined us he did say we were a proper football club.

Oh... come on Manji, you can't leave us hanging like that...! At least give us a couple of obscure snippets of how dodgy 'Arry the Media Whore really was...

That was the season after relegation.

Brilliant man and manager, did all he could :rolleyes: had arms and legs tied whilst here, not his fault, then stated that Saints fans were 'too intelligent' to go in for 'silly negativity' and give him anything other than rapturous rounds applause of thanks when he appears, the snide implication being that if saints fans who remember his lack of effort, appalling signings, terrible tactics, and public statements that his heart was never was never in it from day one, were just reactionary morons who couldn't appreciate genius.

And don't forget his infamous smile and thumbs up to Mad Milan after the Krap Nottarf capitulation.

You well be right re Redknapp but you gotta to admit Lowe placed certain restraints around his neck that made things inevitable that he would fail. The two men were totally incompatible.

You well be right re Redknapp but you gotta to admit Lowe placed certain restraints around his neck that made things inevitable that he would fail. The two men were totally incompatible.

I'll grant you that this was the case once we were down. The FA cup 'youth team', SCW coming in, the Tejera affair, Clifford and his supersoccer - it was not a happy ship.

However this was after 'Arry had been backed fully, shown he couldn't give a toss, and taken us down. Not sure why people are bringing up the other stuff, it was after Redknapp had already shown his incompetence!