Something big happening

manji

You and others who moaned and whined because we failed to score, were part of the reason the board sacked the manager.

Lol, yes how dare the fans moan because the team are failing to score goals, I mean that's only like the most important part of football right?

We finished 8th, by getting more points than other teams. I doubt you went to the Cup Final as I assume we were not exciting enough, it was an exciting match btw where we played some exciting football

I went to the cup final and you are right, it was entertaining and we were unlucky not to win.

I also went to every home game and came away from the vast majority of them feeling bored stiff and demoralised about the way the team were set up to just not lose. How many games did you attend I wonder?

I still find it amazing that we managed to finish 8th, but that just shows how much utter dross there is in this league.

There were plenty of people on here claiming that the club were ringing them asking why they hadn’t renewed their season ticket, who took great delight in telling us it was because of Puel. One, if I remember correctly boasted that he couldn’t renew, but told them it was because of Puel anyway. So trying to pretend pressure from social media & supporters didn’t make a difference to the decision is just deluded. It wasn’t just boos at the Stoke game, there were boos at the end of the last 3 or 4 home games, ffs there were even boos after a 0-0 against Utd. I know the lynch mob don’t want to admit their role in the decision, as it’s turned out to be a disastrous one, but along with the over paid, pampered players, their attitude was taken into consideration. Unless people are trying to say that the club called non renewers, but then took no notice of their answers ( but sacked him anyway). Personally I’d have called them and when they cried “ I’m not renewing because I’m not seeing lots of goals and excitement “ told them **** off, you won’t be missed, but that’s a different debate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So many thought that after success of Pardew Adkins Poch and Koeman the club were entitled to one error. I wanted Pellegrini before Puel and thought it sheer arrogance us turning down a manager with his record.

Can you name me one fan who wanted Pellegrino on here so deserve all this I'm right its all your fault bullsh1t ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hes trolling!! Ignore him

Read back his posts frim last year....very little Puel support was all about his Koeman obsession, when Koeman was in charge it was a mopo obsession, when mopo was here it was Adkins.....

Guy must still fantasise about his ex girlfriend

I know he's trolling. It's f*cking boring.

What a sad life he must have. He'd get more enjoyment using his w@nking spanners than posting his crap on here.

There were plenty of people on here claiming that the club were ringing them asking why they hadn’t renewed their season ticket, who took great delight in telling us it was because of Puel. One, if I remember correctly boasted that he couldn’t renew, but told them it was because of Puel anyway. So trying to pretend pressure from social media & supporters didn’t make a difference to the decision is just deluded. It wasn’t just boos at the Stoke game, there were boos at the end of the last 3 or 4 home games, ffs there were even boos after a 0-0 against Utd. I know the lynch mob don’t want to admit their role in the decision, as it’s turned out to be a disastrous one, but along with the over paid, pampered players, their attitude was taken into consideration. Unless people are trying to say that the club called non renewers, but then took no notice of their answers ( but sacked him anyway). Personally I’d have called them and when they cried “ I’m not renewing because I’m not seeing lots of goals and excitement “ told them **** off, you won’t be missed, but that’s a different debate.

What, because a handful of people claim to have told some telesales employees from SFC that they didn’t like the manager? The “lynch mob”?! Hilarious.

There have been boos at more than 3/4 games this year and a much greater amount of social media vitriol yet Pellegrino remains in situ.

Your failure to acknowledge Puel’s refusal to change his ways and willingness to blame the fans is pretty silly.

Hes trolling!! Ignore him

Read back his posts frim last year....very little Puel support was all about his Koeman obsession, when Koeman was in charge it was a mopo obsession, when mopo was here it was Adkins.....

Guy must still fantasise about his ex girlfriend

There are no trolls on this forum, didn’t you know?

My guess is it was the overpaid pampered players who were about 90% responsible for Claude's sacking.

Edited by Dark Munster

My guess the overpaid pampered players were about 90% responsible for Claude's sacking.
And bully- someone with contacts inside the club on 606- confirmed as much. It's a nonsense to suggest the fans had a huge effect on the decision and even if they did, they had no responsibility for choosing the successor.

They’re still above Watford in the league, so I can rest easy for now. Not sure I’d be able to cope if Watford were to finish higher in the league.

Leicester won the league in 2016 and reached the champions league quarter final last season.

Watford were 3rd favourites for relegation this season...... I think you're safe

Given the poor form, disharmony in the squad and supposed request to change his style, what evidence do you have to suggest Puel would have done any better with the players we have?

I suspect had he stayed, we’d be in a similar position.

I suspect you're completely wrong. But of course no-one will ever know.

My guess is it was the overpaid pampered players who were about 90% responsible for Claude's sacking.

Yep, I remember a VVD interview quite early on with him complaining about the style and that the players are struggling to adjust.

Got a feeling we may have backed the wrong horse, getting rid of Puel and keeping VVD. Perhaps should have done the opposite.

'Get upset' by anything that is on this board - you are having a laugh aren't you. As for drumming it into you, I simply stated my opinion once. I think everybody else can see the stream coming out of your ears though.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I apologise, I didn't mean you were repeating your opinion over and over, the drum comment was relating to Old Nick who actually said he has to keep on to drum it into people.

I am not mad about it..sorry if it comes across that way, it's just I get the opinion, I don't share it, but it's Groundhog Day on here everyday reading about fictional realities, where Puel did stay and how great he would have been.(which we can't ever know now)

I think everyone knows who was pro Puel and who wasn't by now so can't we move on from him and just get behind/ concentrate on getting rid of (delete depending on which side your are on) the current manager?

Your arguments more or less mirror the one I made in 2004, when the vocal minority led to the board failing to appoint Hoddle and the inevitable debacle as a result off this.

Lol, yes how dare the fans moan because the team are failing to score goals, I mean that's only like the most important part of football right?

I went to the cup final and you are right, it was entertaining and we were unlucky not to win.

I also went to every home game and came away from the vast majority of them feeling bored stiff and demoralised about the way the team were set up to just not lose. How many games did you attend I wonder?

I still find it amazing that we managed to finish 8th, but that just shows how much utter dross there is in this league.

well he;s gone now and you must leave games elated. The football must be so much better

Well at least he goes.....did he want Pellegrino then? Of course not no-one did shame your hero lost yesterday wasn't it.

not my hero by a long way, but I do appreciate what he did and what he could have achieved with us

Well at least he goes
Oh the better fan thing. I didn't think you were that pathetic Ron. I cant go due to my business commitments, running a retail business doesn't give you the luxury to take Saturdays off.

I was there during the dark days , before the new PL fans arrived, but you are right, I rarely get to many games now.

Oh the better fan thing. I didn't think you were that pathetic Ron. I cant go due to my business commitments, running a retail business doesn't give you the luxury to take Saturdays off.

I was there during the dark days , before the new PL fans arrived, but you are right, I rarely get to many games now.

Sorry have had enough of this Puel sh1te he has gone. The club decided that not the fans.

No-one wanted Pellegrino no-one deserves the shocking management he has shown.

We should have got Pellegrini our stamp was as high as its been Europa etc not gamble on an untried French or Argie manager.

Sorry have had enough of this Puel sh1te he has gone. The club decided that not the fans.

No-one wanted Pellegrino no-one deserves the shocking management he has shown.

We should have got Pellegrini our stamp was as high as its been Europa etc not gamble on an untried French or Argie manager.

Fair point Ron, lets go forward together as Churchill said lol

Your failure to acknowledge Puel’s refusal to change his ways...

I've seen this bandied about a lot here. Pretty sure it's just spin planted by the club. It doesn't make any sense that the club would want the manager playing more offensive and then sign MoPe on the back of a super defensive Alaves setup. Unless someone has a proper source, I just don't buy it.

It's funny that we all seem to accept that Puel was sacked because of everything he did, not what he was going to do.

Maybe he wasn't going to be given what he expected in terms of players? Compare the cheque book that Pochettino and Koeman (x2) were given, and the team he had to start a season which by February had almost as many games already as the season before in total!

Maybe he had started to plan for next season, but the players weren't happy, and he wouldn't give in? Playing a different kind of football from Koeman's free-flow is hard to take, and we all know who has to accommodate more than impose when it gets to managing expectations in a football club, or else face the sack...

In other words, how much has our board been backing our managers?

There has been a change in recent times and it's there for all to see: Pochettino had a golden pram, Koeman was given a spaceship each summer to deal with a meltdown.

Yet our last two incumbents, more modest in their ambitions (one can only assume there is a stategy behind their arrival), seem to be left to their own devices, with little more than like-for-like replacements, and having to deal with player unrest that while not unusual in post-2010 Saints, seems to have become more harmful.

Puel had a decent season with us, that wasn't good because it ended poorly, and everyone parted in poor terms. We will never know why, but it seems to me that whoever takes over will have to deal with considerable cold politics between our spreadsheet-driven board and some players that seem to feel the club isn't giving them what they want (maybe the board is unhappy with the financials they live under?).

This is damaging the club, and the appointment of communication and league newbies seems to be a cowardly tactic to avoid action, until May comes and its too late.

It's funny that we all seem to accept that Puel was sacked because of everything he did, not what he was going to do.

Maybe he wasn't going to be given what he expected in terms of players? Compare the cheque book that Pochettino and Koeman (x2) were given, and the team he had to start a season which by February had almost as many games already as the season before in total!

Maybe he had started to plan for next season, but the players weren't happy, and he wouldn't give in? Playing a different kind of football from Koeman's free-flow is hard to take, and we all know who has to accommodate more than impose when it gets to managing expectations in a football club, or else face the sack...

In other words, how much has our board been backing our managers?

There has been a change in recent times and it's there for all to see: Pochettino had a golden pram, Koeman was given a spaceship each summer to deal with a meltdown.

Yet our last two incumbents, more modest in their ambitions (one can only assume there is a stategy behind their arrival), seem to be left to their own devices, with little more than like-for-like replacements, and having to deal with player unrest that while not unusual in post-2010 Saints, seems to have become more harmful.

Puel had a decent season with us, that wasn't good because it ended poorly, and everyone parted in poor terms. We will never know why, but it seems to me that whoever takes over will have to deal with considerable cold politics between our spreadsheet-driven board and some players that seem to feel the club isn't giving them what they want (maybe the board is unhappy with the financials they live under?).

This is damaging the club, and the appointment of communication and league newbies seems to be a cowardly tactic to avoid action, until May comes and its too late.

Very good post. After the departure of Cortese, I stated that our ambition was being pruned down. Indeed, mid table or even 17th and upwards was acceptable for financial reasons.

Unfortunately, this is less ambitious than the expectations of most fans and thus we have a very unstable club.

After an admission like that Nick, you have some pair to lecture the rest of us that sat through every turgid home display last season about Puels fantastic style of play. Even the games that we did win at St Mary's under your man crush Puel, were complete bore fests, Boro & Swansea being cases in point! He took players which had been playing at the top of their game the season before and demoralised them to a point where they looked a shadow of their former selves, he constantly tinkered with the team, he took ages to work out who the best players in the squad were, he set up the team to be ultra defensive against teams that we should have attacked from the kick off & he failed to identify that we needed to replace Pelle & Mane until the January transfer window. Oh and I almost forgot that cracker about Redmond being the next Thierry Henry!

Leicester are lucky in that they have players that he knows he has to play every week who by their nature are more work rate than finesse, who will put a performance in, in spite of him not because of him. I'll be interested to see if those Leicester fans will still be gleefully singing his name at the end of the season like they did at St Mary's the other week if they keep losing to team's that they should be beating!

After an admission like that Nick, you have some pair to lecture the rest of us that sat through every turgid home display last season about Puels fantastic style of play. Even the games that we did win at St Mary's under your man crush Puel, were complete bore fests, Boro & Swansea being cases in point! He took players which had been playing at the top of their game the season before and demoralised them to a point where they looked a shadow of their former selves, he constantly tinkered with the team, he took ages to work out who the best players in the squad were, he set up the team to be ultra defensive against teams that we should have attacked from the kick off & he failed to identify that we needed to replace Pelle & Mane until the January transfer window. Oh and I almost forgot that cracker about Redmond being the next Thierry Henry!

Leicester are lucky in that they have players that he knows he has to play every week who by their nature are more work rate than finesse, who will put a performance in, in spite of him not because of him. I'll be interested to see if those Leicester fans will still be gleefully singing his name at the end of the season like they did at St Mary's the other week if they keep losing to team's that they should be beating!

don't worry ive sat through many turgid games under many managers. lol

The simple debate is this, puel and pellegrino played boring football, now this can be weirdly forgiven if the results were there but they were not, ok puel got us to 8th but that not the whole picture, saints fans want to see good,exciting football and if that means that we lose or draw a few then I think people will forgive the manager quickly and get on board with his strategy because they are being entertained.

The football we have been playing over the last couple of seasons has been dull, grey, boring, non entertaining and now that has led us into a dangerous situation, with a stormy, uncertain second half of a season.

Because of that, the club will be preparing for all outcomes which includes relegation so they will be reluctant to spend any of the VVD money on decent players who command decent wages as we could be in the league below in a few months.

This also goes for a new manager, pellegrino must be cheap, a new man will command not only big wages but will also want to buy players that will keep us up, this is a gamble of course, and I’m not sure the club have the stomach for it.

So, although I’d like to see change, I just don’t think the club are in the mood for knee jerk reactions and gambling but without doubt pellegrino needs to go, but I’m not sure the club are going to see it that way......I sincerely hope they do.

This post seems pretty much spot on IMHO.