Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

Wilshere in talks with West Ham.

Wilshere in talks to West Ham

Jack Wilshere has held talks with Manuel Pellegrini to discuss a move to West Ham, writes Mirror Football’s John Cross.

Former Arsenal midfielder Wilshere , who is now a free agent, is now considering his next move with the Hammers and Turkey’s Fenerbahce both keen.

The Istanbul club have already made a huge offer, while West Ham are now putting a package together they hope will persuade Wilshere to stay in London and the Premier League.

New boss Pellegrini has outlined his plans and they are expected to come back with a concrete offer.

Wilshere is likely to wait on West Ham before making a final decision.

Fenerbahce is an option but the 26-year-old also wants to think about his young family and how moving abroad might affect his England futur

Ah ok him. Who was the head butter he looked like a nasty **** we could do with a bit of that our team is a bit nice.

Wílmar Barrios.

Been heavy linked with Spurs. Currently with Bocas juniors. (Aged 24)

Obviously he shoulda seen red but have to say he looked a nuisance. Was an irritant all game and was still going strong well into injury time.

Perfect for mopos pressing game and his headbutt on Henderson will have pleased the Spurs fans

Chelsea looking a bit of a mess still trying to sort out a manager with the first players due back for pre-season player transfers on hold to.

I can imagine the meltdown on here if that was us. Yet despite all that they will still do better than us next season.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/antonio-conte-finally-set-chelsea-12854848

Chelsea looking a bit of a mess still trying to sort out a manager with the first players due back for pre-season player transfers on hold to.

I can imagine the meltdown on here if that was us. Yet despite all that they will still do better than us next season.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/antonio-conte-finally-set-chelsea-12854848

I would not call chelsea a mess, manager churn is their schtick

Nah, how they're acting this summer is a proper mess. Total uncertainty over the managers job, players have no idea who they're coming back to. It's all a bit of a mess it has to be said.

Nah, how they're acting this summer is a proper mess. Total uncertainty over the managers job, players have no idea who they're coming back to. It's all a bit of a mess it has to be said.

& the difference this season is they don't have Michael Emenalo making signings for continuity.

If that was Saints you'd be having a right meltdown we had people on here falling apart because Hughes didn't sign a new deal straight after the final whistle.

Same with player signings we had people calling the club a mess because we hadn't signed anyone 10 days before the china tour.

If that was Saints you'd be having a right meltdown we had people on here falling apart because Hughes didn't sign a new deal straight after the final whistle.

Same with player signings we had people calling the club a mess because we hadn't signed anyone 10 days before the china tour.

:lol:

If we had an owner who delivered saints as the most successful club in England since he had bought the thing, probably give him the benefit of doubt

If we had an owner who delivered saints as the most successful club in England since he had bought the thing, probably give him the benefit of doubt

:rolleyes: .. If you were a Chelsea fan you would be in full slag off mode missing out on CL without a shadow of a doubt

:rolleyes: .. If you were a Chelsea fan you would be in full slag off mode missing out on CL without a shadow of a doubt

If we were the most successful club in the land over the last 15 years, i probably wouldn’t

Spurs favourites to land Grealish.

Tottenham to win race for Grealish

Tottenham have won the race for Jack Grealish who is waiting for Spurs to firm up their interest with an irresistible bid, writes Mirror Football’s James Nursey.

Aston Villa starlet Grealish is at the club’s training camp in Portugal but is expecting to return to Premier League with Spurs.

The attacking midfielder,22, is having to be patient as Spurs chairman Daniel Levy bides his time to exploit Villa’s cash woes.

But Villa boss Steve Bruce is resigned to losing Grealish to raise funds as embattled Chinese owner Dr Tony Xia clings to control.

The Londoners will offer Grealish a bumper five-year deal which will see his £20,000-a-week salary rocket.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino wants Grealish to compete with England ace Dele Alli.

Grealish has come to terms with the necessity of leaving his boyhood club since missing out on promotion in the Championship play-off final.

Leicester were keen but have since landed James Maddison for £25million while fellow suitors West Ham are snapping up Jack Wilshere.

It has left Tottenham in prime position to get their man after Liverpool declined to bid.

Grealish has watched England’s World Cup success with interest knowing he could be in the same team as Spurs’ Harry Kane next season.

Close pal and mentor John Terry has helped fuel Grealish’s ambitions by stressing his top-flight quality and England national team potential.

Never surprises me the melts on here.

Comparing Saints and Chelsea now...:mcinnes:

Like batman says if you've won 5 titles, 5 fa cups, 3 league cups, 2 community shields, champions league, europa league and turned the club into one of Europes best you've earnt the benefit of doubt.

Reports on Twitter from a journalist who used to cover Wolves for their local paper that Wolves agreed fee with Manchester City for Olegsandr Zinchenko, £12m up front rising to £16m with add-on's. Up to the player if he wants to move.

Absolute steal if true

Juve seem to ramping up a move for Ronaldo. £88m (or I presume €100m) for a 33yo is quite a lot!! Admittedly he is a physical freak and may be able to go on for more years than most, but still. Wonder then if Real will knock on Liverpool's door for Mané

Juve seem to ramping up a move for Ronaldo. £88m (or I presume €100m) for a 33yo is quite a lot!! Admittedly he is a physical freak and may be able to go on for more years than most, but still. Wonder then if Real will knock on Liverpool's door for Mané

Mbappe I reckon

Maybe, but Mbappe is going to cost what - €250m? Long term I know, longer than Mané, and better. But he plays for his local team, gets paid well and suspect as well as he would at Madrid. Is going to win titles every year in France, and be quite competitive in CL. PSG > Real might be a tough transfer to complete, certainly harder than Liverpool > Real.

But with FFP, its either Mbappe or Naymar.

EDIT - I didn't realise he wasn't a permanent signing.

Maybe, but Mbappe is going to cost what - €250m? Long term I know, longer than Mané, and better. But he plays for his local team, gets paid well and suspect as well as he would at Madrid. Is going to win titles every year in France, and be quite competitive in CL. PSG > Real might be a tough transfer to complete, certainly harder than Liverpool > Real.

But with FFP, its either Mbappe or Naymar.

EDIT - I didn't realise he wasn't a permanent signing.

PSG took him on loan for 12 months, with ' a view ' to complete a £166m transfer this summer. That was their way of getting around FFP last year, but it still seems it will be an issue for them to sign him this season. Could play into Monaco's hands really as they could potentially end up getting more, which in it's self is crazy as a few years ago a £100m transfer fee was fairy tale!

Yeah, Mbappe is surely going to happen. PSG can't afford to make his transfer perm. (apparently) due to FFP, so as it stands I think he's back with Monaco?

19 years old and looks f-ing brilliant. Could be at Madrid for 10 years before they sell him for £500m or something daft....

Mental if you ask me. To think you could buy a 24 year old, then 9 years and 311 goals (taking wikipedia as being roughly accurate) later sell him for the same price is crazy.

I know fees have inflated massively but that's still the same as Utd paid for Pogba and Lukaku in recent windows. I guess Ronaldo is just that marketable that he's worth it, even for a couple of years.

Have Everton actually signed anyone yet? They, along with WHU, seem to be getting linked with any player with two legs yet I'm not sure how much actual business they have done.

We get linked with everyone too

We get linked with everyone too

When we are linked with 200 players it's just agent games and journalists laziness. We do our business quietly and effectively.

For other clubs it confirms club = mess.

Laughing at other clubs misfortune(s) is as good as its got for us recently.

Embrace it batman!!

giphy.gif

West Ham return for Payet?

West Ham interested in shock Payet return

West Ham are interested in a shock reunion with Dimitri Payet – less than two years after he walked out on them mid-season.

The 31-year-old France midfielder has been offered to the Irons, with new boss Manuel Pellegrini (below) keen as he was not at the club when Payet left in January last year.

The sticking point is understood to be Payet’s wage demands that the *Hammers – close to a deal for free agent Jack Wilshere – are not prepared to pay.

West Ham’s board are wary of moves for both players, but are prepared to back Pellegrini.

Payet arrived in east London in the summer of 2015 for a bargain £10.7million from Marseille.

He went on to inspire West Ham – whose first game of the season at *Liverpool has been chosen as a live TV game by Sky on Sunday, August 12 – to seventh place and Europa League qualification. Despite being handed a lucrative five-year deal, Payet demanded to leave just months later.

He refused to play for the Hammers after a bid from Marseille was rejected. West Ham boss at the time, Slaven Bilic, said: “Until he changes his attitude and shows the commitment the club have shown him, he is out of the team.”

Payet, however, stood his ground and eventually forced through the move back to his homeland. To make it worse for Hammers fans, his performances at Marseille remained at a high level.

He helped them to last season’s Europa League final, but then missed the World Cup after suffering a hamstring injury in that match.

p.txt-3.gif

Thought he'd well and truly burnt his bridges there on his way out, and quite publicly with the Dildo Brothers. More so than Nivea with us.

probably wants to see his love child again which I believe started the whole must move back to marseille when his wife found out and went there with his other kids - allegedly.