New Saints Shirt on sale - £30

Batman

Complaining loads might "work", sure; however, you said they had a legal obligation to sell the shirt at the advertised price, which is simply not true.

I actually meant to say 'moral obligation' but the thrust of my post was that if you push them then there is a good chance that they will relent !

Most high street retailers are committed to customer satisfaction/goodwill and are afraid of adverse publicity so, for the sake of a few quid don't make a fuss !

It's worked for me in similar circumstances, although admittedly I have no experience with Sports Direct !

Like other, just got an email saying order processed and awaiting courier. Order at 2.45pm Sunday with a delivery time of 4-5 working days. Pretty poor by Sports Direct TBH. Maybe it will arrive within another 4-5 working days., who knows?

I actually meant to say 'moral obligation' but the thrust of my post was that if you push them then there is a good chance that they will relent !

Most high street retailers are committed to customer satisfaction/goodwill and are afraid of adverse publicity so, for the sake of a few quid don't make a fuss !

It's worked for me in similar circumstances, although admittedly I have no experience with Sports Direct !

You clearly aren't familiar with Sports Direct if you think they have morals :D

I ordered two youth shirts for my grandsons with names and numbers on the back !

They quoted 7-10 days for store pick up and 12 days later sent me a mail saying that they had arrived in the shop !

After a half hour drive, I presented my printed confirmation and the (dozy) young girl went out the back for 10 mins to collect it, she returned and said that it wasn't there and must be on the next van on Saturday !

I stood my ground and insisted that someone else look so a (dozy) young lad searched for another 10 mins with still no luck !

I then asked for the manager with the intention of getting them to deliver it to my home with no extra charge and she said that before she took any other action she would have a quick look out the back !

Lo and behold, she returned with a parcel with my name on it ! She explained that it had been at the 'bottom of the pile' and half heartedly apologised for the inconvenience !

In the end the shirts were spot on and I saved over £60 so can't complain but it sure proves that 'customer service' is not a priority at Sports Direct !

I know all about the minimum wage issues etc.. but honestly, trained monkeys could have done a better job !

I ordered two youth shirts for my grandsons with names and numbers on the back !

They quoted 7-10 days for store pick up and 12 days later sent me a mail saying that they had arrived in the shop !

After a half hour drive, I presented my printed confirmation and the (dozy) young girl went out the back for 10 mins to collect it, she returned and said that it wasn't there and must be on the next van on Saturday !

I stood my ground and insisted that someone else look so a (dozy) young lad searched for another 10 mins with still no luck !

I then asked for the manager with the intention of getting them to deliver it to my home with no extra charge and she said that before she took any other action she would have a quick look out the back !

Lo and behold, she returned with a parcel with my name on it ! She explained that it had been at the 'bottom of the pile' and half heartedly apologised for the inconvenience !

In the end the shirts were spot on and I saved over £60 so can't complain but it sure proves that 'customer service' is not a priority at Sports Direct !

I know all about the minimum wage issues etc.. but honestly, trained monkeys could have done a better job !

Don't get me started on the 'youth of today' but why does none of that surprise me...? I've got an 18 year old and a 21 year old and I've convinced myself (through my glasses of a certain tint) that 'we' weren't as dozy at that age 'back in my day'. Of course, we had the advantage of having to use our brains from an early age whereas these days all brain content has been outsourced to 'smart' phones and the like :)

one_foot_in_the_grave_victor.jpg

Edited by trousers

Trousers, I look at my 15yo who seems to be devoid of being able to do anything that doesn't involve being attached to her mobile. When it gets taken away (we are cruel parents!), there is a lot of stroppy moping about doing nothing. I have asked many people whether our parents thought the same about us, as we do about the youth of today and it seems to always come back to the fact that now a days, they are attached to electronic devices so much. I am not as old as many hear, but in my day, we had no computers and 3 channels on TV, a lot of programmes in black and white - which made snooker quite interesting to watch (and it was quite exciting when a 4th channel appeared). I used to ride my bike a lot. My kids hardly ever do.

Trousers, I look at my 15yo who seems to be devoid of being able to do anything that doesn't involve being attached to her mobile. When it gets taken away (we are cruel parents!), there is a lot of stroppy moping about doing nothing. I have asked many people whether our parents thought the same about us, as we do about the youth of today and it seems to always come back to the fact that now a days, they are attached to electronic devices so much. I am not as old as many hear, but in my day, we had no computers and 3 channels on TV, a lot of programmes in black and white - which made snooker quite interesting to watch (and it was quite exciting when a 4th channel appeared). I used to ride my bike a lot. My kids hardly ever do.

My wife is attempting a no cell phones at the dinner table rule with our teenagers.

It is going very poorly.

Ordered two shirts and shorts for my 10 and 7 year olds.

All arrived safely and in good time :)

So thank you Batman for highlighting the special offer - saving 50% is a fab saving in a new shirt.

I would never have found the deal so excellent job Batman !!

Someone has dropped a major bollock inside the club, the amount of people I saw tonight pick up a shirt, try it on, then put it back on the rack was quite noticeable, the queue at the tills was nothing of note, think the fact that no one has received their season tickets yet and the discount they get with it just put folks off coughing up.

Also pretty shabby that less than 10 days before the footie season kicks off the only shirts you could buy were the Blue keepers kit used today, and the home shirt. The window display had all 3 strips on show, I can't remember the last time the Megastore didnt have the both the home and away shirts on sale at this stage of proceedings.

Certainly was strange to see the actual players material shirts on sale at £100 a pop

Someone has dropped a major bollock inside the club, the amount of people I saw tonight pick up a shirt, try it on, then put it back on the rack was quite noticeable, the queue at the tills was nothing of note, think the fact that no one has received their season tickets yet and the discount they get with it just put folks off coughing up.

Also pretty shabby that less than 10 days before the footie season kicks off the only shirts you could buy were the Blue keepers kit used today, and the home shirt. The window display had all 3 strips on show, I can't remember the last time the Megastore didnt have the both the home and away shirts on sale at this stage of proceedings.

Certainly was strange to see the actual players material shirts on sale at £100 a pop

You can still get your ST discount if you show your confirmation email (I did) but you are quite right about the unavailability of the away kit in particular, it's a disgrace that UA are unable to supply a basic product which was designed months ago ! They clearly have 'supply chain' issues and should be penalised for lost sales at the very least !

Shabby performance from a 'so called' top brand name in the sports clothing sector !