Yacht Watch!

Polaroid Saint

He was never interested in Saints, despite the rumours.

All IMHO of course.

Morph

Apparently he was, but it was all done through a proxy so that he could deny any interest if/when it ended up not happening.

At the time this was all going on, I was a briefly a mod on this board and was privy to certain information that wasn't made public at the time. One of the board admins had a private meeting with a very well-respected director at the club, who informed him that the interest was indeed from a party representing Paul Allen.

Apparently he was, but it was all done through a proxy so that he could deny any interest if/when it ended up not happening.

At the time this was all going on, I was a briefly a mod on this board and was privy to certain information that wasn't made public at the time. One of the board admins had a private meeting with a very well-respected director at the club, who informed him that the interest was indeed from a party representing Paul Allen.

The directors were duped, weren't they?

He wasn't. I know 100% he wasn't and the director who told the board admins is highly likely to be the same one who told someone I know very, very well that there would be a number of names linked with buying the club leaked to the press and fans to try to attract investors and push a couple of people who genuinely were interested at that time. I'm not going to say who it was that told me this but they are someone I have known for over 20 years and was very close to the club at the time.

He wasn't. I know 100% he wasn't and the director who told the board admins is highly likely to be the same one who told someone I know very, very well that there would be a number of names linked with buying the club leaked to the press and fans to try to attract investors and push a couple of people who genuinely were interested at that time. I'm not going to say who it was that told me this but they are someone I have known for over 20 years and was very close to the club at the time.

My money is on your hairdresser:rolleyes: :D

• 3 weeks later...