Weinstein

sadoldgit

America’s liberal establishment feted their ‘good friend’ Harvey.

Harvey Weinstein visited the White House 13 times between June 2nd 2010 & Oct 8th 2014.

Barack and Michelle Obama decided that their older daughter Malia should spend part of her gap year working as an intern for Harvey Weinstein. Mrs Obama called Weinstein a “wonderful human being” and “a good friend”.

Between 2011 and 2013 Weinstein hosted fundraisers attended by then-President Obama which raised more than $5 million for Democrats.

Bill and Hillary Clinton have a friendship with Weinstein, stretching back to the 1990s. Weinstein not only visited the Clintons at the White House, but also at the presidential retreat of Camp David. He has held numerous fundraisers for the Clintons and been one of the anchors in their New York life.

Activist Lena Dunham knew about the allegations against Weinstein and warned then-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's staff that the campaign should distance itself from him. Dunham later disclosed that she told a Clinton communications staffer that "I just want to let you know that Harvey's a rapist and this is going to come out at some point." Dunham said she told multiple staffers on the Clinton campaign.

After the initial stories about Weinstein's predatory behavior were published, Clinton said she didn't know about the misconduct.

Yeah sure......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20fb7cde1ab5845503eb1d9c09b0269b.jpg

“E. Jean Carroll, a New York-based writer who last summer accused President Trump of raping her in the 1990s, requested Thursday that he submit a DNA sample to determine whether his genetic material is on the black coat dress she said she was wearing during the alleged assault”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?next_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.washingtonpost.com%2fpolitics%2f2020%2f01%2f30%2ftrump-dna-sought%2f

Piece of pîss this game, isn’t it little fella.

If a bird sleeps with a bloke because she thinks that’ll enhance her career, is that abuse. Many of his “victims” continued to be friendly with the guy and didn’t complain at the time. It’s a bit more complex than the good/evil narrative in the media today.

Enhance your career or, "I’ll make sure it’s the end of your career if you don’t,"?

If a bird sleeps with a bloke because she thinks that’ll enhance her career, is that abuse. Many of his “victims” continued to be friendly with the guy and didn’t complain at the time. It’s a bit more complex than the good/evil narrative in the media today.

Have you bothered to read anything published by his many victims? You really are a dinosaur.

What is complex about this is that relationships can be maintained on some level afterwards, this though doesn't detract from the act and a jury has recognised that. I'm not surprised that you are victim blaming, it suits you.

What is complex about this is that relationships can be maintained on some level afterwards, this though doesn't detract from the act and a jury has recognised that. I'm not surprised that you are victim blaming, it suits you.

I was accused of “victim blaming” over Chad Evens. It turned out that an innocent man suffered a grave injustice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was accused of “victim blaming” over Chad Evens. It turned out that an innocent man suffered a grave injustice.

Being right about something doesn't make you right everytime, in fact it can trap you. Free yourself and think for yourself you might like it.

Perhaps ****ging a drunk person he had only just met and didn’t speak a word to wasn’t such a good idea Duckie. If you don’t put yourself in that situation you don’t end up in court. Simples.

What about the many outright rapes that he allegedly committed. Did those help career progression too?

Perhaps ****ging a drunk person he had only just met and didn’t speak a word to wasn’t such a good idea Duckie. If you don’t put yourself in that situation you don’t end up in court. Simples.

Sounds like you’re victim blaming Soggy. He was the victim of a gross miscarriage of justice, yet you appear to be blaming him. That’s like saying “if a bird didn’t get polluted, wear a short skirt & flirt with a bloke, she wouldn’t have got raped” Shame on you.

Sounds like you’re victim blaming Soggy. He was the victim of a gross miscarriage of justice, yet you appear to be blaming him. That’s like saying “if a bird didn’t get polluted, wear a short skirt & flirt with a bloke, she wouldn’t have got raped” Shame on you.

A gross miscarriage of justice? You do recall that a jury found him guilty in the first trial. If it was such a humongous miscarriage how do you explain that?

What does “if a bird didn’t get polluted” mean?

Been on the skunk again Duckie?

Isn't that an individual you continued to refer to as a rapist after he had been found not guilty? #BeKind.

Why does everything on this forum have to turn into a sniping and point scoring competition?

We all agree that rape and sexual harrassment are wrong and if he has rightly been convicted, that's a good thing, right?

We also probably all accept that wealthy offenders will most likely attempt to win favour, influence, credibility and protection from powerful people, right?

We surely also accept that in their attempts to get the support of other powerful and influential people, pretty much all politicians will end up getting too close to characters who have something dark in their backgrounds, no matter how clean they try to be.

There are no winners here. This is something awful that happened and the guy who did it was powerful and influential, able to protect himself for a long time. There are probably many more out there and they will have managed to get into circles that include Trump, the royal family. Obama, Sanders, Jeff Bezos and Boris Johnson. Most of them we'll never even know about, despite them being in plain sight.

Why does everything on this forum have to turn into a sniping and point scoring competition?

We all agree that rape and sexual harrassment are wrong and if he has rightly been convicted, that's a good thing, right?

We also probably all accept that wealthy offenders will most likely attempt to win favour, influence, credibility and protection from powerful people, right?

We surely also accept that in their attempts to get the support of other powerful and influential people, pretty much all politicians will end up getting too close to characters who have something dark in their backgrounds, no matter how clean they try to be.

There are no winners here. This is something awful that happened and the guy who did it was powerful and influential, able to protect himself for a long time. There are probably many more out there and they will have managed to get into circles that include Trump, the royal family. Obama, Sanders, Jeff Bezos and Boris Johnson. Most of them we'll never even know about, despite them being in plain sight.

I completely agree with you. People with money should not be able to buy immunity from the law for their actions. Nor should people with money to use that to corrupt the legal process, which is what the CPS believe happened in the Evans case. But it seems that incapacitated women are fair game according to some.

I completely agree with you. People with money should not be able to buy immunity from the law for their actions. Nor should people with money to use that to corrupt the legal process, which is what the CPS believe happened in the Evans case. But it seems that incapacitated women are fair game according to some.
You have no evidence for that claim.

You have no evidence for that claim.

The CPS does. You are very fond of using #BeKind as a wind up.

Here’s a hypothetical situation for you.

A young women goes out for the night and either has too much to drink o has her drink spiked.

She goes for something to eat and is found by a guy also on a night out.

What is the kind thing to do when you realise that the girl is legless?

a) Put her in a taxi.

b) Take her in a taxi to a room prebooked by your mate for exactly this scenario. Have sex with the girl. Text your mate to say that you have “got a bird.” Your mate comes in, doesn’t say a word. Performs a sex act on the girl whist a lid of other mates film it outside the window. Said mate then leaves by the fire escape.

So what is the “kind” thing to do. What would you hope would happen if it was your daughter in this scenario?

The law says that a woman cannot consent to sex if she is incapacitated. Just as a girl under the age of 16 cannot consent to sex as it is under the legal age.

Just to recap for your benefit. Evans was found guilty of rape in the original trial snd sentenced. Various appeals failed. His fiancées family put up a reward for “new evidence.” Two people came forward who, the CPS believe, were coached by the Evans camp. Their “new evidence” had nothing to do with this particular incident and the CPS argued that it should not be allowed to be submitted for the retrial. The judge did not agree and allowed this “new evidence” to be submitted. This, the CPS, led the jury to acquit. The vastly experienced prosecuting team believed that he (and his friend) were guilty of rape that night. You and Duckie and the second jury disagree. Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Let’s hope your daughter never finds herself alone in a situation like that.

#BeKind