Tom Craddock

cellone

Yeah this was known before (someone posted on Friday). Thanks anyway. I think he'll be a good signing. Has a lot of pace an this is really what we are lacking up front. Pato looks like he will develope into a great player in the air but Saga doesn't have the legs anymore.

Yeah this was known before (someone posted on Friday). Thanks anyway. I think he'll be a good signing. Has a lot of pace an this is really what we are lacking up front. Pato looks like he will develope into a great player in the air but Saga doesn't have the legs anymore.

Saga will be OK after a couple more weeks under a proper fitness regime. Its a result of a half season in the Danish league and a return under MW mid way through. He was never exactly spritely but still makes Greg look like a stunned slug.

Not heard his name before - should I feel remotely excited about this? Serious question.

Good up and coming striker, maybe a bit raw..but natural ability.

He's not coming in to be our focal point by any means, but he'll add some youthfull pace to the squad as a whole.

Saga will be OK after a couple more weeks under a proper fitness regime. Its a result of a half season in the Danish league and a return under MW mid way through. He was never exactly spritely but still makes Greg look like a stunned slug.

Ah yes, he must have put on weight playing all those Champions League and UEFA Cup matches for Aalborg. Makes perfect sense ;-)

A 22 year old approaching 23, with only 36 senior appearances. Proven at League 2 level. 2 years left on his contract at Luton, who got him for £80,000 recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Craddock

With all the respect necessary, I can't get excited over someone who I have to google to find out what they are about. Also a slight suggestion of being injury prone, but as with any player, willing to give him a chance. We need a bigger name though I feel.

Not heard his name before - should I feel remotely excited about this? Serious question.

i think it is a great question

the hardest thing watching for th last few seasons is the realisation that most of the players on view are , in football terms, second class.

At 23 he is at the right age, and seems to have scored for most teams he has played for, and to answer your question 70`s Mike and with all due respect we are in the third teir of English football and this is prehaps the sought of signing we are going to attract.

not arguing with that just saying for us old ones it is a hard thing to accept

If Arsene Wenger can sign in players we've never heard of before and turn them into repsected players why not AP ? I'd rather bring in some proven young players who might be unknown to us but will get us out of this league than spend money on known players who might not have their heart set on playing lge 1 but have nowhere else to go.

Good up and coming striker, maybe a bit raw..but natural ability.

He's not coming in to be our focal point by any means, but he'll add some youthfull pace to the squad as a whole.

Is he better than Patterson? Genuine question because I think our lad has a lot of potential.

A 22 year old approaching 23, with only 36 senior appearances. Proven at League 2 level. 2 years left on his contract at Luton, who got him for £80,000 recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Craddock

With all the respect necessary, I can't get excited over someone who I have to google to find out whorbesat they are about. Also a slight suggestion of being injury prone, but as with any player, willing to give him a chance. We need a bigger name though I feel.

Agreed

Bring back Forbes Phillipson- Masters

With all the respect necessary, I can't get excited over someone who I have to google to find out what they are about. We need a bigger name though I feel.

I have no idea of your own football knowledge but in general there is a compete lack of awareness of the lower leagues from Saints fans, including myself, but that doesn't mean there are not very good players in the lower leagues, some of which may have played very few games. Had your heard of Lee McCormack before last season? Total unknown who topped the scoring charts with Cardiff. How about Josh Thompson, just 6 games for Stockport and now has signed for Celtic. How about Danny N'Guessen? Free transfer from Lincoln this summer snapped up by our friend Pearson and staight into the foxes first team on Saturday. Have you heard of Stephen Dawson at Bury? Young centre midfielder that won every one of their end of season awards for last season.

IMO we don't need names or even old heads (legs) we need young, hungry talent and where possible with good experience already, perhaps in league 2 or 1.

I have no idea of your own football knowledge but in general there is a compete lack of awareness of the lower leagues from Saints fans, including myself, but that doesn't mean there are not very good players in the lower leagues, some of which may have played very few games. Had your heard of Lee McCormack before last season? Total unknown who topped the scoring charts with Cardiff. How about Josh Thompson, just 6 games for Stockport and now has signed for Celtic. How about Danny N'Guessen? Free transfer from Lincoln this summer snapped up by our friend Pearson and staight into the foxes first team on Saturday. Have you heard of Stephen Dawson at Bury? Young centre midfielder that won every one of their end of season awards for last season.

IMO we don't need names or even old heads (legs) we need young, hungry talent and where possible with good experience already, perhaps in league 2 or 1.

100% agree. I championed Simeon Jackson a couple of weeks ago but I got no response. I'm sure people had never heard of Michael Kightly when he was in non-league too. There are lots of decent players in the lower leagues, and I would much prefer a player on their way up tham one on their way down.

Ross McCormack*

Ah yes, he must have put on weight playing all those Champions League and UEFA Cup matches for Aalborg. Makes perfect sense ;-)

Actually if you had read what I had written instead of what you thought I had written it does make perfect sense. A preseason with Agent Orange followed by half a season in the Danish league, that bastion of athleticism and physical football, followed by a half season back with Agent Orange Mk2 and you will see why he is not exactly as fit as he could be nder a regime such as that put together by AP and DW. He will be OK. ;)

and our assistant manager is an excellent addition for what you've stated above :)

A very valid point about the lower leagues, and I think the same applies to the Scottish leagues. McCormack was well regarded up here before his move to Cardiff and because the Scottish clubs are now struggling with the Setanta collapse, there are not many clubs that could refuse a half decent offer.

and our assistant manager is an excellent addition for what you've stated above :)

spot on. Fantastic signing for Saints as he knows just about every team and player in the league having played against them with Brighton last season and before. I'd hope we take his word on a few players, especially one or two nippers that perhaps have yet to really grab the headlines.

Is he better than Patterson? Genuine question because I think our lad has a lot of potential.

that is a very good question. I will keep on saying this till I am blue in the mouth, but if we play Patterson all season I honestly think he will get close to 20 goals. And you'll get his work rate to go with it.

That said we need strikers. Having no forwards on the bench on Saturday was poor.

that is a very good question. I will keep on saying this till I am blue in the mouth, but if we play Patterson all season I honestly think he will get close to 20 goals. And you'll get his work rate to go with it.

That said we need strikers. Having no forwards on the bench on Saturday was poor.

Blue in the mouth?

Looks like Leicester could be signing him.

http://www.leicester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=165464

How do you get..........

Looks like Leicester could be signing him.

out of this...........

http://www.leicester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=165464

I'd say that an agent has said that two clubs are interested in him........