Fifa 10

St Marco

Sent my girlfriend to pick it up for me yesterday morning as I was at work and she duly retuned with a copy for the Xbox 360.I have a PS3.....

Therefore I've got one an xbox copy for sale still shrinkwrapped for £30 if anyone wants to pick it up locally.

Had a little play with the demo last night for 15 games or so, and agree with many of the posters on here. The fluidity of movement has improved over 09, quick free kicks are a nice touch, corners are better. Penalties are now a little harder to score against, the AI has improved in this area also. Tackling now has an element of skill attached to it, no longer can I merely time a sliding lunge and come out with the ball, you really do have to anticipate and read the play - the AI played around it a few times, not merely leaping over the lunge as in 09. Perhaps this relates to the birthday card haul of reds and yellows I received last night.

Free kicks are still a mystery, chatting to the Fifa product manager in the US he suggested that many of the engineers also failed to score free-kicks in 09... will probe for more info on 10.

Negatively I did notice several offsides that weren't called against the opposition and one for me. The defensive AI is relatively easily to glide past with some players. Messi is slow and gets knocked off the ball easily, but Henry is lightening fast? The substitution in-game video is bloody irritating and hope there's an option to turn that off, especially as the AI now introduces three subs in the final ten minutes regardless of the score. What happened to my ability to lob the ball... that's gone even in the arena... maybe i need to practice ;)

Had a little play with the demo last night for 15 games or so, and agree with many of the posters on here. The fluidity of movement has improved over 09, quick free kicks are a nice touch, corners are better. Penalties are now a little harder to score against, the AI has improved in this area also. Tackling now has an element of skill attached to it, no longer can I merely time a sliding lunge and come out with the ball, you really do have to anticipate and read the play - the AI played around it a few times, not merely leaping over the lunge as in 09. Perhaps this relates to the birthday card haul of reds and yellows I received last night.

Free kicks are still a mystery, chatting to the Fifa product manager in the US he suggested that many of the engineers also failed to score free-kicks in 09... will probe for more info on 10.

Negatively I did notice several offsides that weren't called against the opposition and one for me. The defensive AI is relatively easily to glide past with some players. Messi is slow and gets knocked off the ball easily, but Henry is lightening fast? The substitution in-game video is bloody irritating and hope there's an option to turn that off, especially as the AI now introduces three subs in the final ten minutes regardless of the score. What happened to my ability to lob the ball... that's gone even in the arena... maybe i need to practice ;)

Lobbings easy. In fact most of the goals I've scored so far have been delicate little lobs over the keeper.

Lobbings easy. In fact most of the goals I've scored so far have been delicate little lobs over the keeper.

Likewise.Annoyingly it seems so many of the keepers just run out to about 8-10 yards and stand there waiting for a shot when you go one on one,and its too easy to score.

I'm seriously struggling. I've barely ever played Fifa, I've been a PES fan since ISS days, and have never played it seriously, however finally giving Fifa a crack.

Well, I'm ****e, really bad. I did after a while realise I was on "world class" and thought that was a bit hard for someone who's never really played Fifa, so took it down one level and see to be doing a bit better, however my finishing is terrible. Im scoring a few goals ok, 2nd in the league playing as saints on the league one tournament, but I might get 5 or 6 one on ones in a game and be lucky to score even 1 of them.

help

I'm seriously struggling. I've barely ever played Fifa, I've been a PES fan since ISS days, and have never played it seriously, however finally giving Fifa a crack.

Well, I'm ****e, really bad. I did after a while realise I was on "world class" and thought that was a bit hard for someone who's never really played Fifa, so took it down one level and see to be doing a bit better, however my finishing is terrible. Im scoring a few goals ok, 2nd in the league playing as saints on the league one tournament, but I might get 5 or 6 one on ones in a game and be lucky to score even 1 of them.

help

Admittedly I have it on world-class but FIFA 10 is noticeably harder than 09 to score on. Even with good teams (saints not included on that list...) it can be difficult. I find the best way is just to pass it down the wings and hit the crosses in, hoping to get a head in the way, or pass it through the middle, and do long through balls hoping to go 1-on-1. Short, quick passing is far easier than the odd long shot.

Admittedly I have it on world-class but FIFA 10 is noticeably harder than 09 to score on. Even with good teams (saints not included on that list...) it can be difficult. I find the best way is just to pass it down the wings and hit the crosses in, hoping to get a head in the way, or pass it through the middle, and do long through balls hoping to go 1-on-1. Short, quick passing is far easier than the odd long shot.

Ah, you misunderstand. Creating chances is not a problem. I get stacks of chances per game but can never seem to put them in, either putting them wide or into the keeper.

Early figures show fifa sold 1.3m copies in europe in just 3 days....800k of that coming from UK. Bet Tesco are loving it!

LOL. 1.3% of people in the UK have bought FIFA 10.

Assuming a full stadium that is 400 Saints fans got it already.

So, Hows everyone getting on?

Started my season with saints on Professional won all my friendlies so decided to start the season on World Class and lost my first four games. Don't want to drop back to Professional at all as was quite easy.

Finding it really frustrating finding a formation to suit saints.

Also, Ho fecking quick do the players run out of steam??? first three games and they're all ****ed!

is anyone playing a manager mode season with saints, if so what is your starting line up and which players have you managed to sign.

i ask as i have started a season and have tried to sign a number of league 1 and league 2 players and none of them have signed

Took me a till January to sign anyone although I offered them lots of money. I managed to sign James Morrison from WBA and Billy Sharp from Donny.

Current team (4-1-2-1-2);

Davis

Murty Thomas Jaidi Harding

Hammond

Morrison Holmes

Lallana

Sharp Lambert

They are all knackered but winning games the only games I have lost have been when I played my second string.

My game doesn't have jaidi :(

You need to update the squads. There is a place in one of the menu's that say's "Download Latest Squads". Or something like that. That is the good thing about fifa, can update stuff very easy and for free.

I am getting a bit bored of playing with Saints. They aren't Saints players, they have none of the characteristics of Saints players. They are just generic League One players in a red and white shirt and the only thing they have in common with the real players is the height and the colour of their skin... C'mon EA, next year I want all League One players (Or Championship if we are very lucky) to be exactly like what they are in real. It's not much to ask is it?!

Anybody doing a manager mode as Saints struggling with contract renewals?

I have three months of the season left and nobody will sign up, I have about ten players going out of contract. I have tried massive wage increases, short deals, long deals, bonuses and it won't work.

Any ideas?

Anybody doing a manager mode as Saints struggling with contract renewals?

I have three months of the season left and nobody will sign up, I have about ten players going out of contract. I have tried massive wage increases, short deals, long deals, bonuses and it won't work.

Any ideas?

I had that, let the contracts expire and they were offered new ones at the end of the season automatically.

I am getting a bit bored of playing with Saints. They aren't Saints players, they have none of the characteristics of Saints players. They are just generic League One players in a red and white shirt and the only thing they have in common with the real players is the height and the colour of their skin... C'mon EA, next year I want all League One players (Or Championship if we are very lucky) to be exactly like what they are in real. It's not much to ask is it?!

A decent edit mode for ALL players (and a better Gameface option, mine still sucks after hours of tweaking) would cover that and leave me in footy heaven.

I actually don't think I'll be bothering to buy PES this year, and I've got 6 or 7 Japanese imports of Winning Eleven...

Is it just my game or is Kelvin Davis utter sh1te??

the amount of times he's been beaten on cross-shots and he comes half way on corners and they just head it into an empty net...atm i have tommy forecast in goal, he seems a tad better

He doesn't do that for me...

Masive exploit on the clean through chip-tap, though isn't there ? Bit rubbish, though I keep forgetting to use it.

Is it just my game or is Kelvin Davis utter sh1te??

the amount of times he's been beaten on cross-shots and he comes half way on corners and they just head it into an empty net...atm i have tommy forecast in goal, he seems a tad better

I had Forecast play upfront for me this morning, and he scored...won on penalties against Blackpool in the cup...result!