Fifa 10

St Marco

Just got it, love it, and Andy Gray has alot of pre recorded things to say about Saints, even mentions the takeover.

Haven't got it yet but I was playing the demo again the other day and had to giggle when Andy Gray was talking about small clubs and mentioned Portsmouth.

fecking game let me down as did not arrive early :(

So how are Saints in it then any good?

Also i think i read they mention you can edit stadiums now and give them things like new names, is that true?

Not sure about the stadiums but Saints are 1 and a half stars. Lallana seems to be a pretty good player.

Making a Be A Pro player he starts out at rating 70 and when added to the team makes Saints up to two stars.

Saints are 1 and half star at the beginning but then if you download the latest squad update - this puts Papa and Jaidi in the team and we go up to 2 stars.

It also makes Kelvs rating go up to 67 and if you play Lallana RM he is 67 I think.

Wayne Thomas is a bit of a ***** on it though. Always get pushed off the ball!

Great game, much better then last year.

They have fixed that sort of exploit were you do a nasty foul and you know it is a booking but they play on. If you could hold out to the end of the half without the ball going out of play you would escape punishment. I was doing that just passing it about waiting for the clock to run down and the whistle finally goes. With that i saw the ref running and i thought what the fook is he doing! He was running to catch up with the player who did the evil tackle and booked him as he was walking off......

Also another funning thing about the ref is if he get's hit by the ball the crowd do that ironic cheer thing they do in real life, thought was quite funny.

While The Sun is not the best newspaper in their review they said "It is as close as you and i will ever get to playing football and being on Sky Sports". Think really that is what it is, like watching football on Sky.

Also you can download stadiums from the EA store, i got Madrid's one from in there.

even though on the official forums 40% of people on their poll think it is?

horses for courses i guess but i'm in the same camp as most people seem to be in that it is ****.

As I said before, PES Forums are full of moaners (and some of them have a point).

I'd say both demos show the games are better than the 09 versions. I bought FIFA 10 this afternoon and will hopefully have a run out later.

If it has a decent edit mode I'm in footy heaven.

I have not played the WE version as don't have a Japanese PSN account. But i somehow doubt Konami would release a demo that was supposedly months old in europe/america and then all of a sudden have this great game with all these improvements etc only 2 weeks later. .

That's pretty much what has happened with the last couple of PES demos, the different builds overlap and some have been much worse because they're ringfenced for publication long before the parallel versions stop development (which admittedly makes me wonder how bad the 2008 demo must have been, cos that release is horrible - I suppose it's equally possible the dev tweaks can ruin a good game as well as improve a weaker one).

always one more thing.....

Was just browsing the fifa forum and noticed someone has set up a saints team on there. I notice a few names from this site.

So thought i would pass on the thread to those guys who like , a virtual saints club....

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10-manager-mode/821599-southampton-f-c-ea-united.html

That's the most confusing thing I've ever seen. Especially the admin news and people saying how sad it is on threads dated Sep 30th 2009... :rolleyes:

Yeah it is a tad confusing, but then again we are Saints, nothing is ever straight forward with us ;)

Totally agree with what your saying The9.

I have been playing fifa 10 for a bit now and really love it. But feck is it hard! After playing the demo a lot then dropping down to League One you notice the difference bigtime. The players are slower, they are not as skilled i.e you try and pass and sometimes it will go just a fraction away from where you wanted it to. The defences are hard as nails and trying to get a header in is very difficult!

Other things i notice are the graphics are much much better then they were on demo. The blur thing has gone and the presentation seems different, more crisp. The stadium shots look a lot clearer. I play in tele view and that looks a bit closer then the demo was i think. The lighting is better too. When your in the shaded parts it is not as dark which i think makes it better.

Lots and lots of nice touches but as i said jesus it is hard. My 1st goal was scored by Wotten....

Anyone give me some info on the offside do they get a few wrong? would make it alot more real if so!, any handballs? etc, cheers guys!

I have seen offsides not given, Andy Gray will then say something negative. But in all honesty i have only seen this once so it might have been a audio glitch or something. As for handballs they have been in the previous editions but again happen very rarely. The only time i have seen them is normally in free kick situations, then Tyler will say "and that is hand ball". I am happy they are not very often because it is not something you can control so would be harsh to get done by it all the time.

It's really good. Passing is amazing, I like the slow build up play that is like football in real life. Are we all playing on World Class difficulty? I have no complaints apart from:

Everyone plays as Real Madrid online

Everyone quits when I start to lead online

Live Season isn't free again, bloody EA trying to squeeze every last penny

It may be a bit too hard to score. I chose Arsenal as my team for the free 'Your live season' thing (annoying as you can't choose Saints/any lower league teams, I have a slight soft spot for the Gunners anyway.), and remember the first two games they played? 6-1 and 2-1 if I recall correctly. Both been nil-nils for me. If I put the difficulty any lower, it becomes to easy to score and I just dominate the computer.

But otherwise, amazing game.

Got it this afternoon, it's quite good. I'm finding it a lot more challenging than FIFA09, they've certainly upped the AI a lot more because I used to be dominant on World Class mode, and now i'm struggling a little bit on Intermediate. Also, why are Saints 1.5 stars!?

With Saints I like to play a 4-3-3, lining up like:

-----------Davis---------------

Murty--Perry--Thomas--Harding

Hammond--Wotton--Schneiderlin

-Lallana--Lambert--Saga/Holmes

I'm going to download the latest squad patch in a minute though, desperately in need of a bit of pace, hopefully Papa should solve that! Perry and Thomas are soooooo slow at the back though. Going to give online a play later, anyone fancy a game? (PS3 that is)

Now I consider myself not a bad fifa player but boy they made it hard this year or were just crap. Playing against Bournemouth 7 times lost 6 scored 3 conceded 14 playing as professional skill. Might need to drop it down a skill for me but that would be like admitting defeat.

Saying that though i am enjoying it

I spent ages last night starting off my manager mode as Saints and this morning it won't load :( It crashes every time it gets to the load screen.

Is it likely to be my hard drive or the game?

Also, when I go online it asks me every time to update the squad file. Surely it should be saving it.

Even when I do get online, as soon as it looks like I may win a game the other player quits. Benders.