Telephone Tickets for Wembley

The Fat Controller

I couldn't go to the away or home JPT MK Dons games because midweek games are very difficult for me to get to - due to work. I can make the odd midweek game - but nowhere near as often as I'd love to. Weekends are not a problem. I've also had a ST on & off for years (don't have one this season alas) and I've followed Saints for 38 years now; '76 Cup Final, '79 Forest final, europe in the '80s, ZDS final, Cardiff, etc.

At this moment in time then - I am facing the real prospect of not being able to obtain a ticket for the Carlisle game...unless they go on general sale of course - and which will mean queuing the night before - which I'm more than happy to do of course.

I'm therefore hoping that a fair number do go on general sale - otherwise I'm up ploppy creek without a paddle somewhat! COYS!

they will go on general sale.....I would be very surprised if come 15 march we sold over 44k tickets

the sales will slow down now no doubt

I guess those 12 years at sea during the 38 of following Saints goes against my 'regular purchase' history TDD! I wonder if they carried over buying history from The Dell to SMS when they moved? ;)

When I was on HMS Southampton from new in 1981 (she was built locally by VT in Woolston) - Lawrie Mac and the first team used to visit the ship each year for 'goodwill' reasons (ie; a pizz-up) when we paid a visit to the docks. I've got plenty of unique signed 'gifts' from Lawrie/the lads (expensive fabric pennants, a leather football, etc) which would fetch a small fortune today on eBay! In return my beer bill took a big battering down the mess ffs! Those footballers sure knew how to drink back then...

* nothing to do with Carlisle tickets of course...but WTF... :D

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
It's a Nigerian Call centre. Presumably the club employed them to meet the demand.

Shut up Stanley

i got through easily and was allowed the option to buy the exact amount of tickets that i bought for the area final (12) with no questions. props to the ticket office for this one they seem to be well on top of the priority scheme and are being very efficient with getting the orders completed! nice job mr luker

they will go on general sale.....I would be very surprised if come 15 march we sold over 44k tickets

the sales will slow down now no doubt

Saints Twitter:

officialsaints

Wowzer, over 107,000 calls to the Wembley ticket phoneline by 10.30am today! Bear with us if you are still trying to get through! #saintsfc

Clearly.

Keep with it, should get through faster.

congrats on 4000 posts!

Am through now just on hold. my payment details are ready!

Excellent! 15 mins on hold then through and 1 ticket bought. Cheers MLG (and FC)

Edited by Saints67

Have gone for the £24 seats at the bottom. Atmosphere shall make up for the **** view.

I went for these tickets as well.

Got through in only a few minutes after 8:30am - much more efficient than Pompey ticket sales which took over 5 hours!

Where did you get this number from? It is legitimate I take it!

It's a Nigerian Call centre. Presumably the club employed them to meet the demand.

If someone reported this to DSM (i got infracted for this comment being racist by him) i can assure it was not a racist comment. It was a tongue in cheek remark because of the Nigerian email scams.

Saints Twitter:

officialsaints

Wowzer, over 107,000 calls to the Wembley ticket phoneline by 10.30am today! Bear with us if you are still trying to get through! #saintsfc

yeah that is more likely to be 8k people re-dialling a few times each, still hopefully we'll sell another 10k tickets today to take the total over 30k

would have thought all the MK link tickets will be sold between today and Wednesday, so really can't see why the database window doesn't begin until 10th March

the club should really be pushing to get more tickets and get them on sale, target should be to have as few empty seats as possible to improve the atmosphere.

Still waiting for postal app to be sorted, I assume this will just COME THROUGH THE POST when done!!!? And until then no further communications from the club. Just a waiting game?

Check online under order history, if you have a logon.

Just had a mail from David Luker saying 'doubtful that the club will get a further allocation, and that sales had just gone through 27,500'. So with 4000 tickets sold in five and a half hours, doesn't look like today will match last weeks sales of more than 10,000 on the first day.

Not surprising considering there is no online service today.

Talk about painful. I rung up all morning, got a connection and then waited 18 mins to speak to operator. Booked my tickets, even gave my card details, then the system crashed and wiped the transaction out. Worst thing of all i had an interview and had to leave before i could book them again. I'm in the q now though listening to a nice bit of Prokofiev.