Anyone have any spare tickets for Wembley?

red&white56

So there are 44,000 of supporters going to Wembley... yet there are 'genuine' fans that missed out?

Care to explain why our attendances are at 20,000 then?

Very simple stu. Not everyone lives in hampshire.I live in leeds and tend to go to away games.I couldn`t afford a season ticket and if i could i definately couldn`t afford the travel down to Southampton every two weeks.My finances are limited.

I know it doesn't help much but you should have done what I did,bought a kids half season ticket (£25) and was able to buy 4 wembley tickets with it,dont ask me how it happened but I was offered 4 and bought 4 which was handy as I needed 12 but officially only allowed 10???? Crazy times at the ticket office me thinks.

As my old dad often said, "Up there's for thinking, them down there's for dancing"

Best of luck to those looking for tickets. Any Saints fan selling at a profit, is a ......... (fill the missing word in yourself)

As for the quotes, "Plastic fans/tough ****" etc etc :rolleyes: I'm glad I haven't paid to sit on your coach.

Very simple stu. Not everyone lives in hampshire.I live in leeds and tend to go to away games.I couldn`t afford a season ticket and if i could i definately couldn`t afford the travel down to Southampton every two weeks.My finances are limited.

I am sure you could have stretched to £20 for an MK Dons ticket? Even if you didn't go...

I am sure you could have stretched to £20 for an MK Dons ticket? Even if you didn't go...

I`ve got my ticket for wembley.I`m not complaining about the clubs arrangements for wembley tickets either.What i don`t like is your attitude to fellow saints fans.Eg " if you didn`t get a ticket ,you didn`t try hard enough;I`ve got my thirty tickets etc"

Whatever way the club arranged it there would be always some people that would miss out.

I`ve got my ticket for wembley.I`m not complaining about the clubs arrangements for wembley tickets either.What i don`t like is your attitude to fellow saints fans.Eg " if you didn`t get a ticket ,you didn`t try hard enough;I`ve got my thirty tickets etc"

Whatever way the club arranged it there would be always some people that would miss out.

...and some people going who don't deserve to. It's not often I agree with Stu but the only people who haven't got a ticket who have a case to be aggrieved have to be claiming they are in almost all of the following categories :

• Resident away from Southampton
  • Unable to get to either MK Area Final due to a valid reason
  • Perennially skint so unable to buy an MK ticket anyway (or Club Wembley)
  • Attend loads of away games (a regular)
  • Have your tickets bought by other people (not on the db)
  • Don't know an ST holder
  • Unable to get to a phone or computer

Otherwise there's no reason not to have got one.

If we had an increased allocation, then great, but the people who really want to be there will already be there or trying their hardest. Some on here who are complaining aren't even on the "spare tickets?" thread !

Edited by The9

I am after two. I can get one for myself but will not go without my 8 yr old son.

Prepared to pay cost price plus a reasonable 'finder's fee'.

If interested please PM me.

Cue the abuse.

Likewise, I have 1 ticket, but am after 2 together - so will swap/sell my 1 if I can get 2, somehow?

I'll take the risk of not finding 2 in normal seating to go corporate, so If anyone wants my 1 ticket, please PM SteveGrant and get him to e-mail me. Thanks.

The 2 tickets per STH rule was a bit **** because it meant they could give their extra ticket it to any JCL friend of theirs which left less to people who are more deserving.

many will take their wives/husbands who have no interest in football really.

It will be a jolly day out though. Still you pays your money and you takes your choice.I really don't think the ticket office expected to sell up so quickly.

Why not? Why shouldnt STH's get made to feel 'special' ... I didn't have a ST for the first half of the season due to work, however new job and back to 9-5 I considered getting one... P*mpey in the cup and the prospect of ( at the time ) 2 Wembley trips... it was a no-brainer.

Anyone who doesn't have a ticket... tough sh!t... you didn't try hard enough.

Your a Mong!

For people who bought tickets over the phone, has the money been taken from your account yet? I should check really...

In this day and age you should do online banking. Just checked and they took the money instantly.

In this day and age you should do online banking. Just checked and they took the money instantly.

They probably would; Now if you do some quick fag packet maths

44000x£34 (mean ticket price)=1.5 (approx) million £.

We can make a bit in short term interest on that sort of sum before we hand it over to the Football League. Not a lot maybe but when combined with all those £3 handling fees it will probably pay Rickie Lambert for a couple of weeks.

Likewise, I have 1 ticket, but am after 2 together - so will swap/sell my 1 if I can get 2, somehow?

I'll take the risk of not finding 2 in normal seating to go corporate, so If anyone wants my 1 ticket, please PM SteveGrant and get him to e-mail me. Thanks.

Ticket now sold ... now I'm after 2 together ... the sacrifices!! :smt012

The 2 tickets per STH rule was a bit **** because it meant they could give their extra ticket it to any JCL friend of theirs which left less to people who are more deserving.

Not strictly true that statement, my friend & I bought 2 seats each as our associate and his son that had been the MK Dons leg was away on holiday when the second phase went on Sale, so we bought them good seats with us, as they would not be able to buy until phase 3 when they returned from Holiday.

If anybody has two in any section or at any of the price points, I'll snap them up in an instant. The person I'm going with wasn't on the Saints database so I couldn't just buy a ticket for me, and now it looks like we've completely missed out :( :(

I don't get much chance to check back here because of work, but I'm contactable at amplifiedant@gmail.com

Please, please let me know if ANYBODY has double spares!

I have e-mailed the CEO of Johnstone paints and pointed out that their branding will benifit if they hae few empty seats on the day. I mentioned we sold our allocation and it never got to general sale, and that i felt confident that 5000/10000 more may well be sold.

So there are 44,000 of supporters going to Wembley... yet there are 'genuine' fans that missed out?

Care to explain why our attendances are at 20,000 then?

Quite simple Stu.Obvious reasons which have already been given plus about 10k season ticket holders buying 2 tickets each (which I believe you and your mates did). Hypothetically 10,000 tickets being given to people who haven't been to St Mary's much this season.

You can't have it both ways. Ask why average attendance is only 20k with 44k going to Wembley when you personally have taken double tickets per person.

Why not ?? IMO (and i am not a ST holder as i couldn't afford it this year btw) season ticket holders should get priority and preferential treatment to an extent, 2 tickets per ST is not unreasonable.

After all, these are the guys that put money into the club at the start of the season and are garantueeing a purchased seat for 46 games

I think it was fair, tbh i also sort of agree with Stu and the9.

Everyone knew the arrangements of how they would need to get tickets, i would imagine the majority now didn't go to either of the area final legs (to which the home one against Mk Dons the atmosphere was amazing)

Or didn't get off their ass quick enough to find alternative ways to get tickets, i am sure a few people that really deserved tickets missed out and there will obviously be JCL's going, but surely if the 'deserveds' really wanted to go they would have managed it.

I could have got 3 tickets from buying 3 at the home leg of MK Dons but bought club wembleys instead as i didn't want to risk waiting, simples.

I wish everyone luck, but put the violins away.

Quite simple Stu.Obvious reasons which have already been given plus about 10k season ticket holders buying 2 tickets each (which I believe you and your mates did). Hypothetically 10,000 tickets being given to people who haven't been to St Mary's much this season.

You can't have it both ways. Ask why average attendance is only 20k with 44k going to Wembley when you personally have taken double tickets per person.

Ok then, simple maths.

10k season tickets buy 2 each (fair enough in my mind) so that is 20k

20k home tickets sold for the MK dons final, all buying their wembley tickets - 20k +20k equals 40k

So that leaves 4k for general sale, which is what happened ?? Why is that 'not fair'

Why should STH's only get 1 so that 10k tickets were left over for those that didn't go to the area final ??

Ok then, simple maths.

20k home tickets sold for the MK dons final, all buying their wembley tickets - 20k +20k equals 40k

So that leaves 4k for general sale, which is what happened ?? Why is that 'not fair'

Why should STH's only get 1 so that 10k tickets were left over for those that didn't go to the area final ??

Don't have a problem with that. Just trying to point out why there is a large difference between average attendance and 44k for Wembley.

I do think it's a shame that a lot of fans who have been to a number of games this season but didn't/couldn't go to MK Dons game miss out whilst season ticket holders can take mates who fancy a day out.

And no, not sour grapes - I've got my ticket :)

Don't have a problem with that. Just trying to point out why there is a large difference between average attendance and 44k for Wembley.

I do think it's a shame that a lot of fans who have been to a number of games this season but didn't/couldn't go to MK Dons game miss out whilst season ticket holders can take mates who fancy a day out.

And no, not sour grapes - I've got my ticket :)

TBf i have no problems with STH's getting two, like i said, they are essentially the lifeblood faithful (and like i said, i'm not one)

Perhaps the unrestricted sale should have been linked to people that went to x amounts of games that didn't go to the area finals, but i very much doubt the amount of fans in that category would be anywhere close to 4k

The problem I have with season ticket holders getting two each, is with those who thought it was beneath them to attend any of the JPT games and yet are still entitled to two tickets each. Fair enough ST holders stump up their money up front each season, but they are already rewarded for that by getting free entry to two games a season that the rest of us have to pay to attend. So I think that all they deserve is one ticket for the final, not two, unless they also attended either of the qualifying games.

I have got my tickets for the final through attending the home leg of the area final, so no sour grapes here. I can though, fully sympathise with those that attended the earlier rounds of the competition and haven't been able to get a ticket, I know I would of been very pi**ed off, if having been to the Torquay and Charlton games, I had been unable to get tickets for the final as some ST holder who hasn't been to any of the rounds has got one for himself and one of his mates who probably hasn't even been to a game this season.

In future those that have attended a number of matches in the earlier rounds of a cup competition, should get equal billing to ST Holders for final tickets.

This thread is tedious, it's supposed to be people wanting and selling tickets, not squabbling about the way they were sold. It's done how it was done, deal with it.

This is true, time for mods to delete stuff like my posts in order to leave only the requests.

Though not until I've pointed out to Stu that I said in February there'd be a trade in spare/wanted tickets on here due to the allocation policy (which I still agree with). ;)

Gents wanting tickets.

I have offered to drive to Carlisle and pick up 4 for the Carlisle end.

It will cost a measley £35 in diesel if you are desperate. Living in York it takes me about 2 and a bit hours there and another couple back. My time is free - but it's your call whether you want this service, after all we are all Saints fans.

Money up front of course - some of you may not know me from Adam, but I'm as genuine and honest as the day is long. I'll be at The Green Man will fellow Codgers on the day - but I will be happy to post tickets inclusive of the price of diesel.

Gents wanting tickets.

I have offered to drive to Carlisle and pick up 4 for the Carlisle end.

It will cost a measley £35 in diesel if you are desperate. Living in York it takes me about 2 and a bit hours there and another couple back. My time is free - but it's your call whether you want this service, after all we are all Saints fans.

Money up front of course - some of you may not know me from Adam, but I'm as genuine and honest as the day is long. I'll be at The Green Man will fellow Codgers on the day - but I will be happy to post tickets inclusive of the price of diesel.

Pretty thirsty motor you've got there Yorkie.

Good gesture though, a 9£ premium for a ticket when plenty seem to be willing to pay 125£ on the old ticket exchanges seems reasonable.

lol @ some on here! Stu is right on this one. Saints gave plenty of notice as to what would happen before the mkdons away game. said if we get to wembley then priority would be given to those that attended either leg (after season ticket holders) If you work late then fair enough but you still had options ie leave early or buy a ticket for £20 anyway. No point in moaning at the ticket office about the allocation either its nothing to do with them. Still at least with all these fans coming out of the woodwork we should see near full sms every home game now....yeah right

lol @ some on here! Stu is right on this one. Saints gave plenty of notice as to what would happen before the mkdons away game. said if we get to wembley then priority would be given to those that attended either leg (after season ticket holders) If you work late then fair enough but you still had options ie leave early or buy a ticket for £20 anyway. No point in moaning at the ticket office about the allocation either its nothing to do with them. Still at least with all these fans coming out of the woodwork we should see near full sms every home game now....yeah right

Although to be fair the MK Dons home game was sold out though, well our tickets anyway but as you say the problem was envisageable. Even I bought a ticket for that game with no intention of going,gave it to my niece's boyfriend but the little bugger can get his own Wembley ticket cos he's not having mine.

Personally I was stuck at work until just after kick-off with an unsympathetic boss that wouldn't let me leave a minute early. I simply don't understand your logic, which states that I should have paid circa £50 for TWO unused MK Dons tickets on top of the price of the Wembley tickets. Yes, two - I wouldn't leave my brother in the lurch like that as he's too young to have a job and buy his own.

It was galling enough as it was missing the match, without paying for the privilege of not being there! Most of the people making requests in this thread haven't made a squeak about the ticket office or the allocation, they're making genuine pleas for help.

I think it's a bit much to go on about people coming out of the woodwork when clearly that is not what is happening. There's now every chance that unless I want to pay some scab a small ransom I will miss the final. Perhaps I was too noble and should've bought my own solitary ticket on Wednesday... no matter now, but I'm feeling ****ty enough as it is, without opinionated ****wits piping up when they're not in full possession of the facts.

Why do I not have more posts on here if I'm a 'genuine' fan? Well partly because I lurk more than I post, partly because I don't want to pay a subscription fee (does that still exist? I presume so) and also because I work a ****ton of hours a week, so I simply don't have the time.

The problem I have with season ticket holders getting two each, is with those who thought it was beneath them to attend any of the JPT games and yet are still entitled to two tickets each. Fair enough ST holders stump up their money up front each season, but they are already rewarded for that by getting free entry to two games a season that the rest of us have to pay to attend. So I think that all they deserve is one ticket for the final, not two, unless they also attended either of the qualifying games.

I have got my tickets for the final through attending the home leg of the area final, so no sour grapes here. I can though, fully sympathise with those that attended the earlier rounds of the competition and haven't been able to get a ticket, I know I would of been very pi**ed off, if having been to the Torquay and Charlton games, I had been unable to get tickets for the final as some ST holder who hasn't been to any of the rounds has got one for himself and one of his mates who probably hasn't even been to a game this season.

In future those that have attended a number of matches in the earlier rounds of a cup competition, should get equal billing to ST Holders for final tickets.

Never, season ticket holders will always take priority and as for getting the extra 2 games for free, that will never show ... who in their right mind pays per game instead of a ST, then attends all games. Where as a ST holder I pay for all games, in advance, if I go or not. In fact, anyone who has held a Season Ticket since we went down from the prem should get 100 each .... now that is loyalty !! (yes I would get 100 :p ) I have 16 for the JPT £44 seats

Edited by Sold To The Man @ The Bar
Add more

Personally I was stuck at work until just after kick-off with an unsympathetic boss that wouldn't let me leave a minute early. I simply don't understand your logic, which states that I should have paid circa £50 for TWO unused MK Dons tickets on top of the price of the Wembley tickets. Yes, two - I wouldn't leave my brother in the lurch like that as he's too young to have a job and buy his own.

It was galling enough as it was missing the match, without paying for the privilege of not being there! Most of the people making requests in this thread haven't made a squeak about the ticket office or the allocation, they're making genuine pleas for help.

I think it's a bit much to go on about people coming out of the woodwork when clearly that is not what is happening. There's now every chance that unless I want to pay some scab a small ransom I will miss the final. Perhaps I was too noble and should've bought my own solitary ticket on Wednesday... no matter now, but I'm feeling ****ty enough as it is, without opinionated ****wits piping up when they're not in full possession of the facts.

Why do I not have more posts on here if I'm a 'genuine' fan? Well partly because I lurk more than I post, partly because I don't want to pay a subscription fee (does that still exist? I presume so) and also because I work a ****ton of hours a week, so I simply don't have the time.

I'm sure there are plenty on here with spares who are waiting for a deserving cause (and others who are just after making a few quid, which is also understandable, to a point).

I'm giving (at face value) mine and my missus' spare tickets to a mate of a mate who used to get me into the Dell when I had the (mis)fortune to have a County League match in South Wales postponed at short notice in the late 90s and used to hurtle down the M4/A34. Fair's fair, I know what it feels like too - I only got my FA Cup Final 2003 ticket because a girl I worked with near Cardiff had a boyfriend with ties to the Gloucestershire FA who were about to send their tickets back, and I still think she's the greatest person alive to this day for that. :)

Yeah absolutely, good on you.

I'd be willing to pay that little extra if I could get hold of the couple of tickets I need. I wouldn't mind if there were scalpers posting in this thread - at least they would be providing a service and following the original point of the thread in helping out those unfortunate enough to be stuck without tickets.

The bickering, pedantic posts in here help nobody and serve little purpose.

Ok then, simple maths.

As per a previous post.

4k left over for general sale, i hardly believe that there are 4k deserving supporters that were not able to get a ticket, may be up to 1k max.

TBH like i said before, if people really really wanted to go surely they would have done all they could to get a ticket to wembley ??

I could have gone with any number of mates, had the option of buying 3 tickets at the second period but didn't as i managed to get hold of club Wembley tickets.

It wasn't difficult but you had to put some work in.