So who's received their wembley tickets in the post yet?

saints_is_the_south

Your taking the p i s s ! The ticket office have been a joke! I payed for my 8 tickets 25 feb and there still not here! I am told that if they are not here by wednesday i have to get a slip and and queue up at wembley on cup final day and get my tickets./ Their attitude stinks " we dont know where they are" What are we supposed to do about it" ITs not our fault" are some of the retorted S h i t they keep giving me. Why the fook cant we get duplicates from st marys ? its the 21st century for fooks sake .

I think you are taking the p1ss, it's not wednesday yet and you are already moaning on something that you may not need to moan about. Get a life ffs and save your moaning for after the event if it hasn't happened.

Still no tickets, and right hacked off. I know they're saying not to worry before Wednesday but what happens then? Do I have to go to the box office with ID to get a slip to hand in at Wembley? Well thanks for that but I don't live in Southampton so are they going to pay for me to make a trip down there especially for that?

A little bit of foresight - and maybe sending tickets out earlier - and maybe they could have made today be the 'if you haven't got your ticket' day. I.e. the day BEFORE many fans will be travelling to Southampton for the Hartlepool match.

And smug barstewards whose tickets have arrived or can easily get to the ticket office can **** right off.

Still no tickets, and right hacked off. I know they're saying not to worry before Wednesday but what happens then? Do I have to go to the box office with ID to get a slip to hand in at Wembley? Well thanks for that but I don't live in Southampton so are they going to pay for me to make a trip down there especially for that?

A little bit of foresight - and maybe sending tickets out earlier - and maybe they could have made today be the 'if you haven't got your ticket' day. I.e. the day BEFORE many fans will be travelling to Southampton for the Hartlepool match.

And smug barstewards whose tickets have arrived or can easily get to the ticket office can **** right off.

Arrange to pick it up before the Hartlepool game :)

We ordered 5 tickets in phase 2 and 14 tickets in phase 3. Checked the credit card details on the relevant days and saw that the appropriate amounts had been taken from it, so knew we should be getting 19 tickets in total.

Big Whoops all round, now just wait for the postman to turn up.

Last Thursday, 13 tickets for Block 532 (up in the gods) arrive. Ring up to check what's happened to the other one and get told it's probably in the other envelope with the other 5. Finally get impatient today and ring up today to find out what's happened to the missing 6, and get the very helpful woman to check the details. Turns out they allocated us 5 tickets (in Block 132, 10 rows back from the pitch) on March 1st, then only 13 tickets in phase 3. So after a brief apology, she goes off to check the "Returns Bin", and comes back with a further ticket in Block 532, which she's putting in the post tonight (Monday). Oh, and they've sent the other 5 to a different address, so I'll have a (luckily short) journey across South Manchester to collect them *IF*/when they turn up.

I ask what happens if they haven't turned up by Wednesday. She tells me they will have to arrange for reprints to be collected from Wembley ticket office on the day of the game. She made no mention of collection slips, so I don't think I'll have to make any trips to SMS this week, she merely said I'd have to turn up on Sunday with a proof of ID including photo - i.e. driving licence. Apparently the Wembley Ticket office will have a section open on Sunday from 9.30, staffed by Saints TO staff.

As she was very helpful, I refrained from launching into a rant, but she did tell me that they processed all the orders first, then had a big pile of envelopes that had to be sorted for the post, but that it went out in no particular order, certainly not alphabetical. My guess is that Phase 3 tickets went out first as they were at the top of the pile.

What I still cannot for the life of me understand is why they didn't process each order in full, once. I.E.

1) Check the ticket request,

2) process payment,

3) allocate tickets,

4) put them in an envelope,

5) stick a printed address label on it

6) then put that in the post bag.

Get TNT to collect daily sacks of post from them, and they'd have got all the tickets in the post at least a week earlier. When you consider that my ticket is in a batch allocated to us on the 1st of March, it may not have turned up by Saturday, March 28th. I could have walked there and back and collected it in person in that time. Even a canal barge would have got here by now.

I'd also like an explanation of what the £3 "booking fee" was for. Cos it certainly wasn't spent on the kind of things you'd expect it to be, like Recorded delivery, or Envelopes that don't advertise their contents to the whole world, or paying someone to post it two weeks earlier than they did. What I think the £3 was for was to line somebody's pocket for no benefit to me.

When the dust has settled after this, I shall be making efforts to make Nicola Cortese aware that he needs to sort out the ticket office. If we can spend £1M on Staplewood, then we should be able to spend a quarter of that bringing the ticket office systems back up to scratch.

Gaaah. Thats better.

I think you are taking the p1ss, it's not wednesday yet and you are already moaning on something that you may not need to moan about. Get a life ffs and save your moaning for after the event if it hasn't happened.

You sound like a smug so-and-so who's already got his tickets, and doesn't understand the frustration of people who paid good money over 3 weeks ago and have yet to see the goods they paid for.

I ordered 32 tickets on Day 1 at 10.00 am so we could sit together as a group.

So much for getting through early. It makes absolutely no difference, because they still havent turned up.

Eventually got through to the Box Office on the number given on Saturday afternoon.

All the tickets have been sent out now, but come Tuesday morning, I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people, because there will be some whose tickets have gone missing.

Fingers crossed for Monday.

Still no tickets and I have a lot of anxious mates texting me.

Rang the number I booked the tickets from and spoke to the same guy I dealt with when I bought them an hour into the sale on the first day.

Confirmed I had bought them, and the money has been taken, and gave me the 0845 number which we have to call, but is constanly engaged.

This is now becoming a problem, because I have to get the tickets to everyone, if they come later in the week, if at all!

The tickets should have been sent out a week earlier, and all this could have been avoided.

You sound like a smug so-and-so who's already got his tickets, and doesn't understand the frustration of people who paid good money over 3 weeks ago and have yet to see the goods they paid for.

No he is just not in a state of panic unlike some on here!! Supporters have been advised what to do so why the mass panic?? And no I have not got mine and I live 200 miles from Soton!!

I've been trying to get trough on the 08456889391 "designated" number for Wembely ticket sales. Of course, in typical fashion they don't have a queueing system and so its constant redialing..... any one got an alternative number to use?

Basically, its Tuesday and my postman has just been, still waiting on the tickets I ordered on this day last month..... the tickets I ordered during the MK Dons sales period arrived last week but I am starting to worry that the tickets I ordered as a Season Ticket holder have not arrived :-(

Got mine yesterday although money paid on the first day Stockport but wasn't in a state of blind panic beforehand as some of my posts on this thread wiil confirm. I suggest you write to NC and arrange to be the chief co-ordinator for our playoff final arrangements then see how easy the job is :rolleyes:

I am well ****ed off with the club at the moment. The way they have treated me has left a very bitter taste in the mouth, seeing as I have been a season ticket holder for 25 years.

First of all, when I applied for 6 Wembley tickets (we have 3 season tickets), I requested seats behind the goal and half way up. After checking my credit card bill online, I noticed that an incorrect amount had been debited. I phoned up and was told that instead of the tickets I had requested, I had been allocated tickets in the first row on the side of the pitch! Complete opposite of what I had asked for. Now, I can hear you all saying "when did you get your application in?". I went down to St Marys at 9am the day they went on sale to season ticket holders, and hand delivered my application. This did not seem to bother the ticket office, as they said they had received applications the previous week which would have been processed first. I thought the whole idea of a ticket sales window was that you could only buy tickets when they went on sale? Nobody from the club ever mentioned any kind of pre-order! Anyway, got it sorted in the end.

I thought everything was fine, until I checked my credit card statement yesterday and found a £37 credit from the club. Obviously confused by this, I called the club to find out what it was for. Imagine my shock when I was informed that one of my six tickets had been cancelled by the club and refunded to me!!!! I could be offered no explanation for this, and was told that it had been authorised by the sales manager. Crazy! What the hell was he doing cancelling one of my tickets? Anyway, the ticket office girl re-debited my card and apologised!

What a bloody balls up!

I wonder why they didn't mention the TNT van crashing on Friday? How strange, the girl on the phone told me this morning that the final dispatch van crashed at 5pm on Friday, but they didn't find out until yesterday afternoon!

Terrible luck, it really is, I am also staggered that they didn't find out until yesterday afternoon.

But its all ok, you can collect on the day!!! To reassure you, 'A' member of staff will be kicking about somewhere, sorry 'based at wembley'... that is assuming that the individual dosent have an accident two and a half days before and goes unnoticed!

I have complete and utter faith, not even a hint of skepticism!

How utterly disappointing

I am well ****ed off with the club at the moment. The way they have treated me has left a very bitter taste in the mouth, seeing as I have been a season ticket holder for 25 years.

First of all, when I applied for 6 Wembley tickets (we have 3 season tickets), I requested seats behind the goal and half way up. After checking my credit card bill online, I noticed that an incorrect amount had been debited. I phoned up and was told that instead of the tickets I had requested, I had been allocated tickets in the first row on the side of the pitch! Complete opposite of what I had asked for. Now, I can hear you all saying "when did you get your application in?". I went down to St Marys at 9am the day they went on sale to season ticket holders, and hand delivered my application. This did not seem to bother the ticket office, as they said they had received applications the previous week which would have been processed first. I thought the whole idea of a ticket sales window was that you could only buy tickets when they went on sale? Nobody from the club ever mentioned any kind of pre-order! Anyway, got it sorted in the end.

I thought everything was fine, until I checked my credit card statement yesterday and found a £37 credit from the club. Obviously confused by this, I called the club to find out what it was for. Imagine my shock when I was informed that one of my six tickets had been cancelled by the club and refunded to me!!!! I could be offered no explanation for this, and was told that it had been authorised by the sales manager. Crazy! What the hell was he doing cancelling one of my tickets? Anyway, the ticket office girl re-debited my card and apologised!

What a bloody balls up!

so did you get 6 tickets or 5 at the end of the day?

I wonder why they didn't mention the TNT van crashing on Friday? How strange, the girl on the phone told me this morning that the final dispatch van crashed at 5pm on Friday, but they didn't find out until yesterday afternoon!

Terrible luck, it really is, I am also staggered that they didn't find out until yesterday afternoon.

But its all ok, you can collect on the day!!! To reassure you, 'A' member of staff will be kicking about somewhere, sorry 'based at wembley'... that is assuming that the individual dosent have an accident two and a half days before and goes unnoticed!

I have complete and utter faith, not even a hint of skepticism!

How utterly disappointing

Van crashed? Sounds like excuse of the day. Friend of mine used to work logisitics for a well known manufacturer of white goods. He once told me that they had a folder with a list of day's "reasons for delay or non-delivery" in it.

Instead of getting several different "reasons" depending on who he spoke to a client always got the same "reason" on the same day.Sort of Cheese Shop simplified .

so did you get 6 tickets or 5 at the end of the day?

This came to light after the club posted me 6 tickets. Bit of a worry though being told one of them had been cancelled for no bloody reason! Especially as I have family travelling from abroad to be at the game

This came to light after the club posted me 6 tickets. Bit of a worry though being told one of them had been cancelled for no bloody reason! Especially as I have family travelling from abroad to be at the game

I'd have taken me chance and kept the 37 quid, a ticket is a ticket as long as you've got it it should be valid.Perhaps it was a gesture of appeasement, because you weren't where you wanted to be they gave you the price of 1 ticket and your booking fee back.Think of that ?

I'd have taken me chance and kept the 37 quid, a ticket is a ticket as long as you've got it it should be valid.Perhaps it was a gesture of appeasement, because you weren't where you wanted to be they gave you the price of 1 ticket and your booking fee back.Think of that ?

Possibly, but very strange though. I would have taken a chance, but with 3 family members coming over and paying £250 each for flights, is it a risk worth taking that one of the tickets would not allow entry?

Possibly, but very strange though. I would have taken a chance, but with 3 family members coming over and paying £250 each for flights, is it a risk worth taking that one of the tickets would not allow entry?

I really couldn't say, just know what I'd do but them I'm pretty unflappable most of the time (and a bit of a miser as well ;)) I'd have asked them why they did it though.

sorry I've taken up all your posts with my curious nature though..

Something doesn't add up with these tickets. I have 2 already and I'm waiting for another 2 from my mates ST's. My mate has just taken a call from the Club asking if his tickets have arrived, he said no. The lady then said that she can't understand it but his tickets are there and she's going to post them tonight. He said don't, he will collect them tomorrow.

He then asked why they were asking if he had them, when they're still in the ticket office and the lady replied that she assumed they were duplicates.My mates Mrs had rang yesterday and kicked off at the service, then within a day they appear at the Club, all very very strange.

I'll wait and see if he picks them up ok, but the whole thing is a farce. On Monday they told my mates Mrs that it was Wembley's fault, I wonder if Carlisle have had the same issues.

Something doesn't add up with these tickets. I have 2 already and I'm waiting for another 2 from my mates ST's. My mate has just taken a call from the Club asking if his tickets have arrived, he said no. The lady then said that she can't understand it but his tickets are there and she's going to post them tonight. He said don't, he will collect them tomorrow.

He then asked why they were asking if he had them, when they're still in the ticket office and the lady replied that she assumed they were duplicates.My mates Mrs had rang yesterday and kicked off at the service, then within a day they appear at the Club, all very very strange.

I'll wait and see if he picks them up ok, but the whole thing is a farce. On Monday they told my mates Mrs that it was Wembley's fault, I wonder if Carlisle have had the same issues.

You said it right - a farce. Doubt if Carlisle had the same grief:

a) Lot less tickets to send out - approx 22k IIRC.

b) They started sending them out much sooner - I heard some of them started receiving tickets early March.

In a way, I hope we don't make the playoffs, as it would be utter carnage at the ticket office, and we'd get our tickets by July.

For once, I tend to agree. Or at least a complete reorganisation. Perhaps some project management training.

Since making that post the ticket office have told me that Nicola Cortese personally took charge of this operation. It was his decision to post the tickets out this week. But this is the same ticket office that have told different posters different things so who knows if it's true.

Last Thursday, 13 tickets for Block 532 (up in the gods) arrive. Ring up to check what's happened to the other one and get told it's probably in the other envelope with the other 5. Finally get impatient today and ring up today to find out what's happened to the missing 6, and get the very helpful woman to check the details. Turns out they allocated us 5 tickets (in Block 132, 10 rows back from the pitch) on March 1st, then only 13 tickets in phase 3. So after a brief apology, she goes off to check the "Returns Bin", and comes back with a further ticket in Block 532, which she's putting in the post tonight (Monday). Oh, and they've sent the other 5 to a different address, so I'll have a (luckily short) journey across South Manchester to collect them *IF*/when they turn up.

Update - the one ticket they forgot (whoops) arrived today. Which may shed light on the underlying problem here. This ticket was only posted yesterday after I spoke to them at around 4 pm. So Royal Mail managed to get it from St Mary's Ticket Office to Stockport by 1.30 today. Yet 5 tickets that were given to TNT at the latest last Friday are still to arrive.

Perhaps any Royal Mail/Post Office employess might like to comment on our friends at TNT, or perhaps not, in case they get themselves into trouble?

In the words of Ann Robinson, "TNT, you ARE the weakest link, goodbye"

Update - the one ticket they forgot (whoops) arrived today. Which may shed light on the underlying problem here. This ticket was only posted yesterday after I spoke to them at around 4 pm. So Royal Mail managed to get it from St Mary's Ticket Office to Stockport by 1.30 today. Yet 5 tickets that were given to TNT at the latest last Friday are still to arrive.

Perhaps any Royal Mail/Post Office employess might like to comment on our friends at TNT, or perhaps not, in case they get themselves into trouble?

In the words of Ann Robinson, "TNT, you ARE the weakest link, goodbye"

This is what doesn't make sense to me about ours. Were told on Monday they were posted Friday, now been told they are at ticket office. Seems that 1 of yours was still at the ticket office until you spoke to them. How many more are laying around the ticket office unposted?

Our ticket office needs a new manager that knows what he's doing. What a shambles from yet again. Still no tickets.

I see you're conveniently ignoring all posts in relation to your claims of having bought more than you were entitled to?

For my money - your application(s) were void, if indeed you did try to buy more that your entitlement.

Void = no ticket.

Simples.

I wil LoL all the way to Wembley if you miss out because of your own greed!

I see you're conveniently ignoring all posts in relation to your claims of having bought more than you were entitled to?

For my money - your application(s) were void, if indeed you did try to buy more that your entitlement.

Void = no ticket.

Simples.

I wil LoL all the way to Wembley if you miss out because of your own greed!

Has it occured to you that I may have been joking about that?

Why are people getting so upset about not having tickets, am I missing something or is the game not until Sunday?!

The ticket office have said your tickets should arrive by Wednesday, if they don't then phone up and they will print replicas that will either be sent again or collected on the day.

People seem to make out that printing, sorting and sending 45,000 tickets is plain sailing.

Why are people getting so upset about not having tickets, am I missing something or is the game not until Sunday?!

The ticket office have said your tickets should arrive by Wednesday, if they don't then phone up and they will print replicas that will either be sent again or collected on the day.

People seem to make out that printing, sorting and sending 45,000 tickets is plain sailing.

Er, yes.

I don't think we print them ourselves, presume the Football League look after that. Hence printing out duplicates isn't on. I think they give you a chit which you have to exchange for the duplicates at Wembley. Couldn't be sure though.

Not plain sailing, but we were a Premiership club not so long back. If Eastleigh struggled then you'd understand, but for a club like ours to struggle it's poor form.

Not plain sailing, but we were a Premiership club not so long back. If Eastleigh struggled then you'd understand, but for a club like ours to struggle it's poor form.

I see your point, but people appear to be blaming this solely on the ticket office. They did not receive the tickets from the football league until about 12 days ago, at which point they had to be sorted into all the different batches that people had ordered, addressed and then sent out. Once the sorting was done I very much doubt they had the option to just put several thousand envelopes in the post in one go, Royal Mail probably prevented them from doing this.

If what I have said it correct then the ticket office have been very restricted with their actions and under the circumstances have done a very good job. They have even told people on the OS several times what to do in the event of tickets not arriving and have provided a date (tomorrow) for the cut off.

This is what doesn't make sense to me about ours. Were told on Monday they were posted Friday, now been told they are at ticket office. Seems that 1 of yours was still at the ticket office until you spoke to them. How many more are laying around the ticket office unposted?

Just to clarify for you - the 1 ticket that they posted to me yesterday from the ticket office was a return. They had only sent me 13 when I'd ordered 14, so fortunately the very helpful young lady was able to find one in the same block as the rest of ours from the box of returned tickets - i.e. tickets that people have sent back 'cos they were sent too many in error, or to the wrong address, etc.

Mine turned up yesterday - they were ordered via online sales on the first day. However, the whole process has created far too much stress for everyone waiting. I can't remember it being anywhere near this bad for the Cup Final at the Millenium Stadium, but I wouldn't be suprised if they were better organised than Wembley. It does involve the FA, after all.

When I've ordered tickets for cup games from the club the normal service has been excellent - tickets have turned up next day. It's probably a combination of lots of temporary staff and Wembley being involved that has created all the headaches, plus using TNT rather than the much abused but still superior service of Royal Mail.

Go on then genius, explain it.

45,000 tickets are not a lot. There have been matches at Wembley since before I was born so they must be used to staging these sort of events by now. We sell 32,000 tickets regularly for home games. Not long ago FA cup games regularly went to successive replays which were held with two days' notice. All this was before computerised databases and mailing lists.

So... take the order over the phone, put the tickets in an envelope there and then, post them out that evening. What's the problem?

45,000 tickets are not a lot. There have been matches at Wembley since before I was born so they must be used to staging these sort of events by now. We sell 32,000 tickets regularly for home games. Not long ago FA cup games regularly went to successive replays which were held with two days' notice. All this was before computerised databases and mailing lists.

So... take the order over the phone, put the tickets in an envelope there and then, post them out that evening. What's the problem?

The ticket office didn't have the tickets.

Edited by Nexstar

The ticket office didn't have the tickets.

Yes, and that is the nub of the problem. The finalists have been known since the 10th February and tickets went on sale on the 22nd February. The ground has been booked since the beginning of the season so they must have been expecting to print some tickets at some time. I'm fully prepared to lay the blame for these delays at Wembley's door. The stadium cost several hundreds of millions of pounds and I'm sure that a ticketing system must have been part of that.

How is it a fiasco and on what grounds?

Leaving the dispatch of 44000 tickets to within 2 weeks of the date, the hap hazzard way in which they have despatched said tickets, the fact you have to ring them if they don't turn up and they only have 3 lines in and they are always engaged or too busy please try again. lack of imformation on o/s. I would of despatched season ticket sales a week earlier, then the following 2 weeks mk Dons linked then general sale. Why the shat on season ticket holders is beyond belief.

Carlisle had their tickets and were selling them directly from their box office before ours had even gone on sale.

but they only have about 3500 regular fans, 25000 tickets so you can give them away with the Cornflakes and nobody will lose out.Not that I'm a great critic of our system but when you have 13500 odd season ticket holders and you want to reward them by letting them have 2 tickets each it needs an ingenious plan so that regular supporters will not lose out because of those who are usually doing the ironing or weeding the garden of a Saturday.

I'm sure the TO didn't count on nigh on 50000 tickets being demanded because we only have 25000 regular fans.

dune, do you have your tickets yet as I am gravely concerned. My fingernails are bitten down to the skin and I am on the edge of my seat waiting for your updates.

Please keep us informed and updated with regard your current situation!