Huddersfield Forum.

Pilchards

I love seeing what others are saying about Saints so I went on the DATM website and pasted some comments on the 'Southampton will get 6th place thread'

Only a few points behind now with a game in hand and they're on fire.

Hope I'm wrong but after Tuesdays and Today's performances I can't see us making the play offs.

No chance...

why no chance? 5 points behind with 5 to play with a superior goal differenc.

They win the majority of their games.

If they get in the play offs they'll win the playoffs also.

Considering they have to play Bristol away and Gillingham away i can't see them getting maximum points. I'd say we need 3 wins to stop them from overtaking us but i feel that they will help us by dropping points.

Southampton aren't as good as people on here seem to think they are. They won't catch us.

They've got a chance, but I can't see them winning every game. If we do our job properly and win 3 of our last 5 then they shouldn't finish above us.

If they win all 5 and people slip up it is possible, Id give em about a 25 % chance.....

I reckon they will do it and then **** the play offs:

I can see us beating Walsall, losing to Millwall, winning at Stockport, drawing against Colchester and losing at Exeter - 75 points

Can see Colchester losing to Charlton, drawing at Hartlepool, beating Tranmere, drawing against us and beating Leyton Orient - 76 points

And i can see Southampton winning all their games - 78 points

Listen! On the park yesterday was a very ordinary league 1 side getting thumped by a poor league 1 side. Town WILL be in league 1 next season....the place we deserve to be. This team cannot nor will not gain promotion and anyone with any REAL football knowledge would accept that. I went to Brentford and, frankly, came away quite embarrassed!

8 points with a game in hand.... they have yet to play that game and might not win it. I'd rather have the points on the board than a game in hand.

I would bet that they at most draw in 1 or 2 of their games. We all expected Swindon to beat Colchester but it didn't happen so why can't anyone beat Southampton despite what people expect?

Because DATM ♥ Southampton, no matter how many times they have inconsistent results, because they thrashed us it means they're about to go on a 6 match winning run, something they've not done for years.

Didn't they draw at Brighton recently? The same as caused suicide on here when we did.

They also lost at Tranmere recently who we'd previously beaten a couple of weeks earlier.

Southampton's away form is poor so they will not win all their remaining games.

I'm in agreement with Hugh, but its all getting a little bit too close!

It will all go down to Exeter - you didn't seriously think we would be clear in the play offs before then did you?!?!

they are getting a bit closer than I would like, but we need to win our games anyway as otherwise Colchester will overtake us, so why worry about Southampton?

they have some good players but Pardew isnt the best manager.

Don't worry about the results of Southampton or colchester, we currently lie in the playoffs with 5 games to play so if ultimately we fail to reach the top 6 we will only have ourselves to blame and no one else.

4 points this week and I think we'll do it owt less and it'll be touch and go. Cue us needing to go to Exeter and win, ballsing it up with frustrated town fans knocking f**k out of each other a la fulham in 99/00.

Agreed.

They have gained on TWO points on us all season.

I especially liked the thread on an MK Donalds forum calling us 'dirty' and 'scummers' and describing our city in a way that could only be used to describe Portsmouth.

I do remember that one. I got into a war of words on the `Moocamp` which has me under a ban at the moment (what a rebel hey?).

By the way the Huddersfield fans do seem pretty simple don't they? bless em.

I especially liked the thread on an MK Donalds forum calling us 'dirty' and 'scummers' and describing our city in a way that could only be used to describe Portsmouth.

Dirty?

They sit top of the bookings league with 124, Colchester are way off in 2nd with a grand total of 76.

MK Dons officially the dirtiest team in the league by a mile (thanks Football365)

Dirty?

They sit top of the bookings league with 124, Colchester are way off in 2nd with a grand total of 76.

MK Dons officially the dirtiest team in the league by a mile (thanks Football365)

I might be right in saying they had 7 yellows and 1 red on saturday at Norwich.

BBC Radio London gave us a special mention after reading out their local results, it went something like this:

"Eight points off with a game in hand, and five more games to go, what a season that would be if they could reach the playoffs! And if they do, the last team you want to play is Alan Pardew's side, because at the moment they are running like Thomas the tank engine down a very steep hill."

I bet all the Charlton fans listening must have loved hearing that.

BBC Radio London gave us a special mention after reading out their local results, it went something like this:

"Eight points off with a game in hand, and five more games to go, what a season that would be if they could reach the playoffs! And if they do, the last team you want to play is Alan Pardew's side, because at the moment they are running like Thomas the tank engine down a very steep hill."

I bet all the Charlton fans listening must have loved hearing that.

Does that make Markus the 'Fat controller'?

I was reading WACCOE (Leeds forum) the other day and they too had a thread about us. They are mighty worried about us reaching the playoffs as they know we would have a very good chance of beating them.
That's because their record against top 6 teams is abysmal.