Holiday in Aug for £600?

EBS1980

Hi

I am trying to book a holiday in Aug for about £600pp or less. I would rather not go to Spain or their islands but open to anywhere else.

Just want somewhere with a pool, beach near by, hotel 3* or above. Can anyone recommend anywhere please?

This place if you are over 35 or travelling as a couple. Avoid if youre on a lads holiday.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g194867-d1062501-Reviews-Pellegrino_Pensione-Praiano_Amalfi_Coast_Campania.html

Wow! What a find, Tim. I love the Amalfi coast. In my opinion, there are more places of interest there within a short distance than anywhere else on Earth.

Seriously, I do think you need to be careful about travel. The last time this volcano went off it lasted for 2 years, which was followed by its big brother erupting!

Having said that, I agree that the Amalfi coast is fantastic (if it's just you and the missus). For further abroad (but look into alternative means of transport other than flying direct from UK) how about the Black Sea countries: Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine; or as others have said, Turkey or Egypt.

I am sure you don't need me to tell you that August is the most expensive month for holidays though, and also the busiest time with many tourists. For example, most of Italy are on holiday then so driving in the Amalfi area is a nightmare in August (been there, done that, never again).

Hotel Kenz is what i'm looking at.

It’s got some good reviews - 8 from 33 sounds good.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297952-d317219-Reviews-Royal_Kenz_Hotel-Port_El_Kantaoui.html

Like I said – I’ve been there, its ok (if the hotel is nice) but if I was offered to go again I would, but not with the same enthusiasm I would have if offered Dom Rep or Cancun. (both achievable for only £100/£200 more than Tunisia)

Where did you stay/go?

I've been to Puerto Plata and remember it being great?

Seagrape Beach Club in Puerto Plata, hated every minute, food was awful, rained all the time, entertainment was rubbish and walking into town at night was lethal.

Sunny Beach Bulgaria - Magaluf of the Black Sea.

Cheap as Chips - average 50p pint decent local lager. Luverly local women - love a thong!

Cheap regular buses around the bay - St Vlas (another great beach and marina) and Nessebar (old town) quieter places to stay just outside the centre. 3 waterparks.

• 3 weeks later...
Go on http://www.teletextholidays.com and have a look at Sharm El Sheikh.

It's amazing the variety of 4 and 5 star hotels they have for under £400 quid. Truth be told, their 5 star hotels are probably only really 4 stars, but they are still very nice. I stayed in the Hilton in Sharks Bay last year for £350, all inclusive. Food, booze the lot.

I went Hilton Sharks Bay last summer (june) did you stay in the new or older resort?

I went Hilton Sharks Bay last summer (june) did you stay in the new or older resort?

Didn't know there were two hotels TBH. We stayed in the one in the top two photos on here.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/africa/egypt/egypt-red-sea/sharm-el-sheikh/hotels/hilton-sharks-bay-resort.html?ito=PPC-goo&itc=sharks%20bay%20hilton&gclid=CIDNvamzyqECFVOY2AodFS8Neg

Go on http://www.teletextholidays.com and have a look at Sharm El Sheikh.

It's amazing the variety of 4 and 5 star hotels they have for under £400 quid. Truth be told, their 5 star hotels are probably only really 4 stars, but they are still very nice. I stayed in the Hilton in Sharks Bay last year for £350, all inclusive. Food, booze the lot.

and you can garauntee a case of Bombay arse.

and you can garauntee a case of Bombay arse.

This is true. My daughter went there for her honeymoon (she's a keen diver).

She got food poisoning. She also went horse-riding (she's a competent horsewoman) and her horse bolted!

Needless to say, she'll never go back there again :D

Oh my, I was there too and so was Bradley from Eastenders! We stayed in the new resort which, IMHO, is better for couples than the old part - however, the curry house at the end of the precinct was absolutely fantastic. We were all inclusive but decided to spend money to eat there on a couple of the evenings.

To the OP - just get flight costs sorted then go on tripadvisor and find out which the top 5 hotels are in the area, read the reviews and pick one that you feel fits your ideal holiday.