Is there any money in it for us ..?

david in sweden

.....if the rumoured move for Gareth Bale to Man.Utd from Spuds for £20 million goes ahead...?

I know that Marcus isn't short of a billion or two..but I'm sure banker Cortese would like some more money in the SFC account .

I wonder if there was a sell-on clause..when we sold him for a paltry £5 million ..? Anyone know ..anything ?

I think we sold for for a total of £10m at the time (with appearances etc being bolted on)

However when we went into Admin we came to an agreement with spurs to take a cash sum at the time with nothing further to add. i.e lesser amount with no sell on fee etc

I'm sure it was £5m plus a few add ons. I fear however Lowe traded these add ons for Tommy Forecast. Maybe this was genius and Forecast really is worth 20% of £20m, who knows....

Thinking about it, how come Tommy is still with us? Has there been any rumour to suggest we want or have tried to offload? Bart is obviously our #2 and Poke is still highly thought of but we never here much about Tommy. Does his future lay with us?

Thinking about it, how come Tommy is still with us? Has there been any rumour to suggest we want or have tried to offload? Bart is obviously our #2 and Poke is still highly thought of but we never here much about Tommy. Does his future lay with us?

Well he's got 3 years left on a 5 year deal. Hopefully a League 2 team will take him off our hands in summer. Ditto Pulis and Molly.

Who knows, nobody can predict what will happen to Forecast?

I still think Holmes is class. Would have been better than Puncheon the other night, he had a shocker.

Based on what exactly?

He can't run, tackle, shoot, no stamina...? he's just a nothing player.

Puncheon has done more in 15 games for us than Holmes has done in his whole career.

I don't think Utd will go for Bale at £20m. They are far more likely to opt for Joe Cole on a free. Fergie has made no secret of the fact that he rates Cole very highly. Utd are in huge debt, so whilst they will have some money to spend in the summer, they won't be buying 2, 3 or 4 players at £20m a go. I think it's far more likely that they'll sell Berbatov. Spend the bulk of their money on a replacement like David Villa and then look to add to the squad without breaking the bank. Let's be honest, who wouldn't want Joe Cole on a free. He's a quality player.

Apparently City have offered Joe Cole 180k p/w for four years!

Personally I think United will have a bit of a clear out this summer with Anderson, Carrick, Vidic and Berbatov all leaving and four new players coming into feel the void.

There's no chance he's going to spunk 20m on another left back when he's already got Evra and for 20m there are probably better left wingers about.

Isn`t there due an automatic fee involved in every transfer,where the club who "raised" a player gets a fat share of future transfers..?

In the first transfer after the player has left,this should be about 10-15 percent..decreasing with the number of transfers.

I`m pretty sure Uefa has got every country to agree to this regulation-which is independent of any further add ons and thus cannot be wavered.

Based on what exactly?

He can't run, tackle, shoot, no stamina...? he's just a nothing player.

Puncheon has done more in 15 games for us than Holmes has done in his whole career.

He can run. He can pass. He can shoot. And boy can he cross. I doubt he has a future at the club as pardew has clearly made his mind up, but if he stays fit at his next club he will be a great success.

Apparently City have offered Joe Cole 180k p/w for four years!

Personally I think United will have a bit of a clear out this summer with Anderson, Carrick, Vidic and Berbatov all leaving and four new players coming into feel the void.

There's no chance he's going to spunk 20m on another left back when he's already got Evra and for 20m there are probably better left wingers about.

What does a void feel like?

Why would Fergie spend 20m on Bale when he's got Evra? Also, why would Bale go there knowing Evra will be first choice. Have a good think about it people...

Re; the argument above about Holmes. When judging the success of a transfer, surely you have to look at how many games have been played. OK, a player can be unlucky with injury, but the about of games played gives a good indication:

All comps: 16 (6) - 2 goals

In two seasons, that's crap. End of.

Why would Fergie spend 20m on Bale when he's got Evra? Also, why would Bale go there knowing Evra will be first choice. Have a good think about it people...

Very much seen as a Left winger/LM player by most now (which is where he started with us) and more of a Giggs replacement, than competing with Evra for LB.

Re; the argument above about Holmes. When judging the success of a transfer, surely you have to look at how many games have been played. OK, a player can be unlucky with injury, but the about of games played gives a good indication:

All comps: 16 (6) - 2 goals

In two seasons, that's crap. End of.

Still pretty convincing stuff .............................

compared to Pulis :p

I don't think Utd will go for Bale at £20m. They are far more likely to opt for Joe Cole on a free. Fergie has made no secret of the fact that he rates Cole very highly. Utd are in huge debt, so whilst they will have some money to spend in the summer, they won't be buying 2, 3 or 4 players at £20m a go. I think it's far more likely that they'll sell Berbatov. Spend the bulk of their money on a replacement like David Villa and then look to add to the squad without breaking the bank. Let's be honest, who wouldn't want Joe Cole on a free. He's a quality player.

Cole won't leave Chelsea i'm positive. Bale is still of an age where he can generate a profit if he goes well.

What does a void feel like?

Ahh fail :(

He can run. He can pass. He can shoot. And boy can he cross. I doubt he has a future at the club as pardew has clearly made his mind up, but if he stays fit at his next club he will be a great success.

Sure he can!!

Shame he's never done it in a Saints shirt. He's not got a future at the club because Puncheon, Antonio, Waigo and Lallana are all ahead of him in the pecking order and most of them are younger.

He's just a left footed injury prone Lloyd James.

he can run? Can he ****. Slow and one of the worst engines in football. He has a decent first touch and that's about it. We should have aimed higher even when had zero funds.

he can run? Can he ****. Slow and one of the worst engines in football. He has a decent first touch and that's about it. We should have aimed higher even when had zero funds.

well let's be realistic Chez.

very few players are good at everything. A great many cannot head the ball, quite a few more couldn't score from a free kick before the end of the next millenium, and even fewer have a good long throw.

A certain D. Beckham got himself a career based on a similar talent for scoring from acute agles and the occasional penalties. Without those he'd never have got near an England cap, let alone the captaincy.

Bale is my most standards still a young player, but already has quite a few international caps. Agreed he could improve, but playing in a top Prem.side is no bad recommendation and I think he may improve if he got really good coaching and not just 'appy 'arry's condescending compliments.