A message from Markus?

trousers

I know this will probably be jumped upon by the "he's a private man, leave him be" contingent, but wouldn't it be great to see a personal piece from Mr Liebherr in the last matchday programme and on the OS where he shares his (rather than Mr Cortese's) thoughts about the last 9 months and what the the future holds in his eyes?

Anyone 'on the inside' know if there's a chance we'll see an end-of-season "message from Markus"?

Cheers

It would be good to hear from our "saviour"!! Asimple message of how he has enjoyed the season and maybe some comment regarding ambition!

Having said that, I love the fact that our wealthy owner is comfortable enough to let someone else run the business so that (from what it seems) he can just sit back and enjoy being a fan as much as the owner ( or custodian as NC once said, which says it all for me!)

maybe a comment from Markus will just become an annual event, much like the Queens speech at Christmas, but in this case one I actually look forward too!

It would be good to hear from our "saviour"!! Asimple message of how he has enjoyed the season and maybe some comment regarding ambition!

Having said that, I love the fact that our wealthy owner is comfortable enough to let someone else run the business so that (from what it seems) he can just sit back and enjoy being a fan as much as the owner ( or custodian as NC once said, which says it all for me!)

maybe a comment from Markus will just become an annual event, much like the Queens speech at Christmas, but in this case one I actually look forward too!

This + 1.

Although likewise I would love to read something from him saying how much he has enjoyed the season, the football, the fans, his decision to take us over vindicated as the correct one, etc, I am also happy that he remains in the background and just enjoys himself privately.

As it stands, he provides a welcome contrast to our former Chairmen, who were all about their egos.

Anyone got a link to the interview he did when he first bought us?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~1716924,00.html

"I believe we have a superb opportunity to rebuild this great Club. Clearly, this will require resources, planning, hard work and patience. We will assemble a strong management team at every level of the Club. We will act rapidly, but also plan for the long term, because I am here for the long term.

"I also look forward to the Club re-engaging with the fans and the local community. We cannot succeed with out their backing.

"We should not expect instant success, but our fans, employees and other stakeholders can expect 100 per cent commitment from me and my team."

It is expected that there will be media briefings on the new owner's detailed strategy during early August when he expects to have the full new management team in place.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~1716924,00.html

"I believe we have a superb opportunity to rebuild this great Club. Clearly, this will require resources, planning, hard work and patience. We will assemble a strong management team at every level of the Club. We will act rapidly, but also plan for the long term, because I am here for the long term.

"I also look forward to the Club re-engaging with the fans and the local community. We cannot succeed with out their backing.

"We should not expect instant success, but our fans, employees and other stakeholders can expect 100 per cent commitment from me and my team."

It is expected that there will be media briefings on the new owner's detailed strategy during early August when he expects to have the full new management team in place.

Cheers.

I wonder what certain people would have to say about the highlighted comment?

Perfectly happy for ML to define his level of interaction with the club by himself.

Me too. Just saying it would be nice to see, but equally understandable if he doesn't want to communicate with fans directly.

Edited by trousers

Anyone that requires reassurance, just needs to look at the clip of him taking his snaps at Wembley. There were kids in saints shirts not that excited on the day.

Agreed, for me that summed up everything that an owner should be... the joy and excitement he showed that day is priceless... we seriously could not have asked for a better owner IMHO, because its clear that he will fall in love with this club without any baggage for the past.

Anyone that requires reassurance, just needs to look at the clip of him taking his snaps at Wembley. There were kids in saints shirts not that excited on the day.

Totally agree. That scene alone showed that he seems to be a normal guy. It was great seeing him take his own pictures just like a fan. Thanks for everything St Markus!

Agree; what is it with people wanting those in authority to keep making announcements/proclamations to satisfy their own needs? Just be grateful we have him and respect his privacy.

"Keep making announcements" ..... hardly a dictionary definition of 'maybe once a year'....? :rolleyes:

Personally I'm much happier seeing the owner of the club stay in the background; there are too many self-publicists in football as it is. You only have to look at the gobsh!te nature of David Sullivan, Dave Whelan, Phil Gartside, Mike Ashley etc etc to realise that we are very lucky to have an owner who carries himself with an air of reserved dignity.

I hear he is having a meeting at SMS this tea-time. Don't ask me what about but the bloke who sat opposite me on this afternoons Waterloo-Southampton train (14:35) was on the phone arranging to meet someone at SMS and said "is Mr Liebherr going to be there"? and then said "Good". Unfortunately before I could try and engage him in chat, he plugged into a dvd and my chance was lost. He was smartly dressed in a suit and tie. My mind boggled all the way south.

I hear he is having a meeting at SMS this tea-time. Don't ask me what about but the bloke who sat opposite me on this afternoons Waterloo-Southampton train (14:35) was on the phone arranging to meet someone at SMS and said "is Mr Liebherr going to be there"? and then said "Good"

Not Kevin Keegan, surely?

(stop it Trousers. Ridiculous conspiracy theories are very 2007 you know)

Or.... Mr Pompey administrator leaving his London office to discuss Southampton's proposals to takeover Pompey with a view to creating a new south coast team in the Championship next season....promotion by stealth....get in!

Or....

I hear he is having a meeting at SMS this tea-time. Don't ask me what about but the bloke who sat opposite me on this afternoons Waterloo-Southampton train (14:35) was on the phone arranging to meet someone at SMS and said "is Mr Liebherr going to be there"? and then said "Good". Unfortunately before I could try and engage him in chat, he plugged into a dvd and my chance was lost. He was smartly dressed in a suit and tie. My mind boggled all the way south.

The thing that troubles me most is that you were in London and didn't give me a shout for a lunchtime beer... ;-)

Agree; what is it with people wanting those in authority to keep making announcements/proclamations to satisfy their own needs? Just be grateful we have him and respect his privacy.

I far prefer a quiet man (even a trappist monk)) against most owners who are publicity seeking egomaniacal, control freaks(I'm not just thinking of RL, either). Lord protect us from them!!!

I far prefer a quiet man (even a trappist monk)) against most owners who are publicity seeking egomaniacal, control freaks(I'm not just thinking of RL, either). Lord protect us from them!!!

Totally agree. Which is why the OP wasn't advocating such a thing....

Or maybe it's a rep from a London brewery to discuss the new beer contract at SMS, given the existing supplier contract expires in the summer.

Or.....

The club are going to run catering next season, they have already employed the staff from the existing contractor.

The club are going to run catering next season, they have already employed the staff from the existing contractor.

Do you know if they're going to do anything radical like be able to buy food and beer at the same bar?