Ex managers

sadoldgit

Pleased for Dave Jones tonight. A decent man and I hope he gets Cardiff promoted. Feel sorry for Pearson. Another decent man who has done a great job for Leicester.

But for all those people who slagged off Burley and said that Pearson was the better manager - when it came to it both were let down by one or two of their players when it really mattered.

The same is true of Pardew. For the few here who have slagged him off this season. It is not him but the players who need to shoulder the blame for the results that have gone against us.

Pleased for Dave Jones tonight. A decent man and I hope he gets Cardiff promoted. Feel sorry for Pearson. Another decent man who has done a great job for Leicester.

But for all those people who slagged off Burley and said that Pearson was the better manager - when it came to it both were let down by one or two of their players when it really mattered.

The same is true of Pardew. For the few here who have slagged him off this season. It is not him but the players who need to shoulder the blame for the results that have gone against us.

Without a shadow of doubt and by some distance, Pearson is the better manager!

His presence, powers of motivation and tactical nouse far outweigh anything that Burley might have in these areas.

Burley might have been let down by some players but many were his own signings (generally very poor), and his own choices ( sometimes incomprehensible) !

Pearson has re-juvenated Leicester in two seasons and shows no sign of stopping there.

Without a shadow of doubt and by some distance, Pearson is the better manager!

His presence, powers of motivation and tactical nouse far outweigh anything that Burley might have in these areas.

Burley might have been let down by some players but many were his own signings (generally very poor), and his own choices ( sometimes incomprehensible) !

Pearson has re-juvenated Leicester in two seasons and shows no sign of stopping there.

I do agree with what you are saying although Burley was a reasonable manager before he arrived at St Mary's but next season is going to be very important for Leicester and NP.

I saw somewhere he was being touted for the West Ham Job

But he is lucky that the teams coming down from the Premier League I doubt will be pressing for promotion

Edited by John B

Pearson is an excellent manager, I was gutted for him last night. Echoes of our playoff defeat. Losing 2-1 at home then pulling off a great comeback away, only to lose on pens. Still, for a newly promoted team that is a fantastic achievement. I'd definitely take a playoff defeat in our first season in CCC when we go up TBH.

I think the boot boy ;) has done a magnificent job, he has done a far better job in 2-years for Leicester than Burley did for us. He took a team just relegated to the 3rd tier got automatic promotion 1st year, then has done a fantastic job getting to within a PROPERLY taken penalty of the play-off final. That said good luck to Dave Jones in the final, if anyone deserves another crack at the prem then he does.

Pearson is an excellent manager, I was gutted for him last night. Echoes of our playoff defeat. Losing 2-1 at home then pulling off a great comeback away, only to lose on pens. Still, for a newly promoted team that is a fantastic achievement. I'd definitely take a playoff defeat in our first season in CCC when we go up TBH.

It is surprising how many teams which have recently been in League 1

Nottm Forest Blackpool Swansea Leicester etc are in the top 8 of the CCC.

Perhaps there is not such a large gulf between the CCC and League 1 as there is between the CCC and the Premier League

Don't know how you can compare Pearson and Burley, quite clear to everyone that NP is the better manager. Burley would never have even got to the play-offs without the assistance of Snodin. Burley was not let down by his players, his players were let down by him, and were only picked up because we had one of the best assistants in the business at the time, and didn't realise it.

Felt sorry for NP last night though when the French **** let him down, very noticeable what all of his team mates thought, noticable including Matty Oakley. I don't think you will see the French guy in a Leicester shirt again. Pleased for dave Jones though, just hope they go on and beat Holloway's team, although I have to say I think he has done a terrific job getting Blackpool to where they are, much as I detest the clown. how you can get Brett & Crainey playing so well is a mystery.

Cardiff City are a bunch of bastards and I hope Blackpool murderise them, preferably literally.

Pearson's clearly still a boot boy, coming close to two consecutive promotions... etc

Perhaps there is not such a large gulf between the CCC and League 1 as there is between the CCC and the Premier League

From next season the gap between CCC and L1 will start to widen because of the increased PL handouts to the CCC compared to L1 (£4m vs £300k respectively IIRC).

At least the playoffs gave you the chance to repeat your single post from a different angle, eh ?

Have we had your response to NCs statement yet ?

How do you think the Prem teams afford to pay for all those better players ?

Sorry I dont understand what you are saying

My point is that teams coming from League 1 to the Championship appear to compete reasonably well with some teams involved in the playoffs

Whereas teams going from the Championship to the Premier League dont

Pearson almost got a double promotion having spent very little, whilst Burley spent a kings ransom and failed to get promotion. Not exactly comparable.

Sorry I dont understand what you are saying

My point is that teams coming from League 1 to the Championship appear to compete reasonably well with some teams involved in the playoffs

Whereas teams going from the Championship to the Premier League dont

I think the point being made is that you are correct and that, if the reason for this disproportionate quantum-leap in footballing standard is down to the incommensurate distribution of money between the PL and the rest of the FL, if an incommensurate distribution of money occurs between the CCC and FL1, a similar gulf might be expected to open up in footballing terms between those two divisions.

Don't know how you can compare Pearson and Burley, quite clear to everyone that NP is the better manager. Burley would never have even got to the play-offs without the assistance of Snodin. Burley was not let down by his players, his players were let down by him, and were only picked up because we had one of the best assistants in the business at the time, and didn't realise it.

Felt sorry for NP last night though when the French **** let him down, very noticeable what all of his team mates thought, noticable including Matty Oakley. I don't think you will see the French guy in a Leicester shirt again. Pleased for dave Jones though, just hope they go on and beat Holloway's team, although I have to say I think he has done a terrific job getting Blackpool to where they are, much as I detest the clown. how you can get Brett & Crainey playing so well is a mystery.

Snodin wasn't at Ipswich when Burley took them up and into Europe the following season. Snodin wasn't at Hearts when Snodin broke the Old Firm stranglehold on the league. Burley was let down by certain players in the play offs but it is history now. Pearson was let down by a player and a joke penalty. It highlights that managers can only do so much.

Pearson almost got a double promotion having spent very little, whilst Burley spent a kings ransom and failed to get promotion. Not exactly comparable.

Money has little to do with anything. Few managers spend a ton of it and get success in the same season. Burley only had one ful season with us and did make the play offs. Pearson has done very weel at Leicester but didn't set the world alight with us. Burley did a great job for Ipswich and Hearts. Some people work well in som eplaces and not so well in others.

I think the point being made is that you are correct and that, if the reason for this disproportionate quantum-leap in footballing standard is down to the incommensurate distribution of money between the PL and the rest of the FL, if an incommensurate distribution of money occurs between the CCC and FL1, a similar gulf might be expected to open up in footballing terms between those two divisions.

Yes I see thanks what you say makes sense

An employer will pay most attention to the last few years on a prospective employees CV. if you compare Burley and Pearson's achievements over the last 4-5 years it really is a nobrainer.

SOG, do you have an alterior motive for championing Burley? What's the deal?

An employer will pay most attention to the last few years on a prospective employees CV. if you compare Burley and Pearson's achievements over the last 4-5 years it really is a nobrainer.

SOG, do you have an alterior motive for championing Burley? What's the deal?

I think his point is Burley was successful before coming to SFC and Pearson was successful after leaving SFC. which seems reasonable.

I thought Burley a good appointment at the time but it cannot have been easy working at St Mary's during the time he was there but he proved not to be up to the job