New Saints Trust Vice-Chairman

StuRomseySaint

It seems according to the Echo that there is a new Saints Trust chairman now by the name of Jason McFeat

Can we have some more info on one of our new illustrious leaders? Maybe a bit of background? I assume that he was elected the legal way, as in voted in by the Saints Trust 'members' at the AGM ( lol )

Can someone please turn the lights off on that pile of sh!t that is the Saints Trust?

I even contacted that shower of sh1te Echo and recieved a very sarcastic reply from the news editor stating that the Saints Trust exists.

In that case... count me in... where do I sign up? Can someone tell me who the f*ck is on the board because I have my money for membership ready and waiting.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and Steve Grant... apparantly he has taken your position as Vice-Chairman according to the Saints Trust website... were you aware of this?!

Edited by StuRomseySaint

Does it really matter? Nick Illingsworth is just making himself look pathetic and has become another Richard Chorley who pulled the same stunt with SISA.

Yes it does matter, if this group is speaking on the fans behalf, still, then we need to know who it is that is (supposedly) representing us as our voice. By the sounds of it, it seems even Mr Grant didn't realise he had been replaced.

Yes it does matter, if this group is speaking on the fans behalf, still, then we need to know who it is that is (supposedly) representing us as our voice. By the sounds of it, it seems even Mr Grant didn't realise he had been replaced.

According to the Saints Trust site he's still vice chairman. I suppose you're right in that it does matter, but to be honest there must be very few people that take these clowns seriously anymore. I can't understand why Illingsworth allows the Echo to keep calling him "Saints Trust Chairman" when clearly he could have put them right - it just makes him look daft.

According to the Saints Trust site he's still vice chairman. I suppose you're right in that it does matter, but to be honest there must be very few people that take these clowns seriously anymore. I can't understand why Illingsworth allows the Echo to keep calling him "Saints Trust Chairman" when clearly he could have put them right - it just makes him look daft.

According to the echo Jason Mcfeat is now vice chairman.

I challenged the Echo as to why they refer to certain people as 'Saints Trust xxxxxx' and recieved a sarcy reply from the editor saying along the lines of...

" no they are not are friends, as you put it, but we are aware they DO exist "

LMFAO @ The Echo

I challenged the Echo as to why they refer to certain people as 'Saints Trust xxxxxx' and recieved a sarcy reply from the editor saying along the lines of...

" no they are not are friends, as you put it, but we are aware they DO exist "

LMFAO @ The Echo

Why haven't you started a look at me, publicity seeking thread, entitled "My email to the Echo re the saints trust new chairman" ?

What is the purpose of the saints trust these days? Can anyone on here confirm? I though it was to have stake in a PLC and try to get a seat on the board, although i alwasy thought that the chances of that happening were as likely as solving third world hunger with a packet of findus crispy pancakes. Anyway, can anyone clarify the role of the saints trust, other than to comment on random echo articles every now and again.

I hope that t-shire was paid for and didn't come out of the profits ( LOL ) of Saints Aid.

:-)

It probably came out of the annual dividend paid to shareholders involved in the saints trust, they were trying to be part of a PLC so need to act like one.

I don't have a problem with the Saints Trust per se, more with the fact that they claim to speak for me, as a saints fan, despite never actually offering me the chance to put my opinion to them.

Who cares if they are speaking to the echo on my behalf- more fool them- but if say Mr Cortese wanted the fans' opinions on something and so decided to ask Nick Illingsworth, I'd have a big problem with him claiming to speak for me.

It matters to me considering I put money into it when we actually have shares. I feel quite offended every time I see them quoted somewhere. There is NO point in them.

If they wanted to disband the Saints Trust and set up an "official fans group" in conjunction with the club I would have no problem at all.

Does it really matter? Nick Illingsworth is just making himself look pathetic and has become another Richard Chorley who pulled the same stunt with SISA.

I sang at him in the pub (Yoooou dooo not speak for me), he came over to find out what I was saying then everyone around me started singing "Block 42" to him, he wasn't impressed, not sure why.

As for Chorley I used to work with his daughter, very fit.

I sang at him in the pub (Yoooou dooo not speak for me), he came over to find out what I was saying then everyone around me started singing "Block 42" to him, he wasn't impressed, not sure why.

As for Chorley I used to work with his daughter, very fit.

MB you need to get back to checking out bewbs etc....... seranading Nick Illingsworth in a pub and calling Rick Chorley fit .... :smt081 :p

What is this thread if it's not that?

This is a thread question why the illegal organisation which is the Saints Trust has 'elected' a new vice-chairman with no announcement to it's members ( lol ) , no announcement or press release and no AGM or EGM to elect this person.

Quite a reasonable thread and Saints related, don't you think?

According to their own rules...

32. The society is to call an Annual General Meeting within 6 months of the end of the financial year. The AGM may be called at any time by the society.

Erm, when has this happened then? It's in their very own constitution and rules of their business as an FSA Regulated member of Supporters Direct.

Come on Saints Trust... you either exist or you don't exist? There are the rules... I have had a look through your 'rules' and you are breaking so many of them if you are actually still in existence.

The Saints Trust are clearly just an avenue for one or two very sad individuals to use a false title in a rather sorry effort of self importance and notoriety. It is either very poor or very lazy journalism on behalf of the Echo to carry on using these idiots for regular soundbites.

I do agree somewhat with SRS's campaign against the Trust though. While most people on this board are aware that they are a defunct organisation, many people who read the Echo and get to hear the ramblings of Illingsworth, Perry McMillan, Mike O'Callaghan etc won't be aware that they are just individuals hiding behind the name of an organisation that doesn't exist and perhaps believe they are a formal mouthpiece for the views of the fans, which is clearly very wrong.

Until the Echo get off their arses and actually start asking some questions of these fools (asking whether the Saints Trust/SISA actually exist would be a good start) we will continue seeing these publicity whores get their desired 5 minutes of attention.

Saints trust has no mandate. if you recall the got all those saints fans to pledge their shares to them in order to have a say at the club and attempt to force a seat on the board. Given the shares are worth sweet fanny adams

and we no longer are a PLC, There is no place for the likes of Illingworth Grant and Mcfeat,

They can all go and crawl back under their little stone

If we're really quiet and pretend no-one's home the trust will give up and go away like Jehova's witnesses.

They won't though will they?

They know that they represent absolutely nobody, and they have near on zero percent support from anyone. They have not followed their own rules in their constitution and have not had an AGM for more than 2 years, which I believe is illegal?!

They have accounts and money in the bank ( however nominal it may be ) and they have failed to speak to their members and let them know what is happening.

Ahhhh f*ck it, hello SFC and Daily Echo, FSA and Supporters Direct... Emails on the way. I am off on a one man crusade this morning to shut them f*ckers down once and for all.

They have not followed their own rules in their constitution and have not had an AGM for more than 2 years

Just out of interest, how do you know this?

As the trust is an Industrial and Provident Society, not a limited company, there are nowhere near the same level of disclosure requirements. Having not been involved for more than 2 years, I don't know the details off the top of my head, but I would imagine they only legally have to notify their members of AGMs, appointments, etc, and any public disclosure is entirely optional.

Just out of interest, how do you know this?

As the trust is an Industrial and Provident Society, not a limited company, there are nowhere near the same level of disclosure requirements. Having not been involved for more than 2 years, I don't know the details off the top of my head, but I would imagine they only legally have to notify their members of AGMs, appointments, etc, and any public disclosure is entirely optional.

I have 3 'members' on TSF who are apparantly 3 of the famous 838, none have recieved any communication, not only that but I am pretty sure that someone would have corrected me at some point in the last 2 years if this was incorrect.

I have 3 'members' on TSF who are apparantly 3 of the famous 838, none have recieved any communication, not only that but I am pretty sure that someone would have corrected me at some point in the last 2 years if this was incorrect.

Indeed, I have heard nothing at all from the Saints Trust for at least a year.

As I said I wasn't that bothered, until I realised they are still "talking for me".

I think you are a bit weird mate. Cannot see why anybody is that bothered about it. Why not set up a rival supporters group?

And I think having some sort of supporters collective organisation is good for a club and good to keep the owners/management on their toes.

full marks to what the manchester united independents supporters club have done in exposing the damage being done by the current owners.

As a club we don't have a very active fanbase though, compared to other clubs. This is shown in things like the inablilty for saints to have well run unofficial coaches and stuff like that.

I think you are a bit weird mate. Cannot see why anybody is that bothered about it. Why not set up a rival supporters group?

And I think having some sort of supporters collective organisation is good for a club and good to keep the owners/management on their toes.

full marks to what the manchester united independents supporters club have done in exposing the damage being done by the current owners.

As a club we don't have a very active fanbase though, compared to other clubs. This is shown in things like the inablilty for saints to have well run unofficial coaches and stuff like that.

Well... I would genuinely want to know how much Saints Aid raised and think it's bang out of order them not releasing the details... I donated a significant enough sum to Saints Aid to warrant me wanting to know what happened to it.

How many charity collections do you know that don't release their final total at the end? NONE...

And the Saints Trust are a bunch of self-ego-massagers and allowing the Echo to use their 'status' to add credability to their stories and certain individuals using the non-existant Saints Trust to add credability to their own personal business ventures ( ie: Silverspoons )

Edited by StuRomseySaint

Well... I would genuinely want to know how much Saints Aid raised and think it's bang out of order them not releasing the details... I donated a significant enough sum to Saints Aid to warrant me wanting to know what happened to it.

Me too. This question has arisen a number of times throughout the season on various threads, but still nothing.

How many charity collections do you know that don't release their final total at the end? NONE...

And the Saints Trust are a corrupt bunch of self-ego-massagers and allowing the Echo to use their 'status' to add credability to their stories and certain individuals using the non-existant Saints Trust to add credability to their own personal business ventures ( ie: Silverspoons )

Anyone donating money to a football club in administration needs sectioning. You might as well have just given it directly to the administrator

Anyone donating money to a football club in administration needs sectioning. You might as well have just given it directly to the administrator

Still, money was collected by the Saints Trust but there is no record of it...

Where did it end up? Did it even get to the Administrator?

But they (The Saints Trust) did'nt.

Where were the questions when Lowe came back with his crazy ideas?

Just a question, but during the debarcle that was the supposed sacking of Alan Pardew by Nicola, what would have happened if the following was reported in both the local and national press:

'...................speaking exclusivly to the ECHO, the Saints Trust have made a statement that all fans are encouraging the sacking of Alan Pardew for failure to fulfil the season target of gaining a play-off place, and they support Mr Corteze in his effort to find a replacement'.

Not saying this could happen, or would, but it is possible as where are the checks and balances?

But they (The Saints Trust) did'nt.

Where were the questions when Lowe came back with his crazy ideas?

I fully agree mate, I don't think they did a very good job at all. Just making a point that rather than continually attacking the people involved it would be good to have a well organised active supporters group to look after the interests of the fans. The closest i think we had to that was in the Dell Days some of the meetings at the Maple Leaf club and concerns raised over the reverse takeover.

Just a question, but during the debarcle that was the supposed sacking of Alan Pardew by Nicola, what would have happened if the following was reported in both the local and national press:

'...................speaking exclusivly to the ECHO, the Saints Trust have made a statement that all fans are encouraging the sacking of Alan Pardew for failure to fulfil the season target of gaining a play-off place, and they support Mr Corteze in his effort to find a replacement'.

Not saying this could happen, or would, but it is possible as where are the checks and balances?

The Echo did actually run a double page spread on it prior to NC's comments; one page with an interview with SISA chairman (Mick O'Callaghan I think) and one with "Saints Trust chairman" Nick Illingsworth. The SISA guy came out largely in favour of AP and said it would be madness to sack him (perhaps a rare semblance of sense from SISA at last), whereas Illingsworth was more constrained and suggested that AP had had an "OK" season.

There's two sides to it. Firstly, neither said that they were speaking on behalf of their (defunct) organisations and only expressed personal views. However, when it's knowingly dressed up that the paper are speaking to you only because of the your title, its disingenuous at best to not point out that your organisation doesn't actually exist any more. Its even worse to continue to prattle on quite happily giving quote after quote living under the banner of a dead organisation, just to carry on getting your ridiculous fix of publicity.

I've said before, the Echo are complicit in this and it is either poor or lazy journalism that they don't clarify the situation, or actually find someone worthwhile to interview. But the ultimate fault lies with Illingsworth et al and their pathetic need for attention and to be seen as some form of uber-fan.