Newcastle confirm Kinnear as temporary manager

scott_saints

Don't tempt fate by laughing people.

An experienced manager within English football, desperate for an opportunity.

Achieved amazing things at an unfashionable club on a shoestring budget.

Brought a host of talented youngsters through including Reo Coker and our friend Euell.

Does that sound like the sort of manager Rupes would be keen on if he does well at Newcastle?

I think yes

;)

Don't tempt fate by laughing people.

An experienced manager within English football, desperate for an opportunity.

Achieved amazing things at an unfashionable club on a shoestring budget.

Brought a host of talented youngsters through including Reo Coker and our friend Euell.

Does that sound like the sort of manager Rupes would be keen on if he does well at Newcastle?

I think yes

;)

Oh Sh17e.

Am I the only person who doesn't have a clue who Kinnear is?

Looks like it!

He played for Spurs in the 60's went on to manage Wimbledon(finished 6th in the Prem!) Luton and Forest, had a heart attack a few years ago, just what you need when taking on that job!! ;)

kinnear_blog.jpg

Edited by equalizer

I remember back in the 70's, England appointed a temporary manager in ex-Man City legend Joe Mercer, after Alf Ramsey had lost form with England. Under Mercer, England proceeded to start playing attractive football and winning games again, while the FA decided who to appoint as a successor to Ramsey. They eventually did, and England lost form again. At no time did anyone say... hey, let's keep Joe on.

Now I doubt if Kinnear is going to light any fires, but it wouldn't be for the first time, if he did.

Edited by St Landrew

I remember back in the 70's, England appointed a temporary manager in ex-Man City legend Joe Mercer, after Alf Ramsey had lost form with England. Under Mercer, England proceeded to start playing attractive football and winning games again, while the FA decided who to appoint as a successor to Ramsey. They eventually did, and England lost form again. At no time did anyone say... hey, let's keep Joe on.

Now I doubt if Kinnear is going to light any fires, but it wouldn't be for the first time, if he did.

He'll certainly give the players a kick up the backside and stop them feeling sorry for themselves. How the foreign players will take to him I don't know, only time will tell.