The Beer

Dave Benson Phillips

Seriously, what the f*ck was that all about? I have a cast iron stomach and can drink/eat just about anything ( that's why I am fat ) , but the beer in the ground was f*cking disgusting yesterday, more so that usual.

It was like it had been mixed in with the Fairy Liquid or something. If I was at a pub I would have returned my beer and probably took a swing at the landlord for serving me sh!t.

Also... I not there are more idiots than usual in the Northam this season. I am retiring to the Itchen North next season. **** that.

That is all.

Y'know, sometimes I wonder why some people bother to support their football team.

They pay a lot of money for the privilege and it never seems to give them any pleasure whatsoever. About the best they ever feel is that things are 'ok'.

Not saying that it's right or wrong to support a team like that, but what keeps you coming back? Is it a moth to a flame thing or what?

P!ss water!!!!! Bottled Cider is the way forward,

Me and RC will try out the Itchen north and move asap i think. The Northam slipped to an all time low yesterday, far to many happy clappers who seem offended by the criticism aimed at the poor performing superstars on the pitch.

What I don't get is £3 a pint £3.50 a bottle. It's like admitting the pints are p!ss. Also, whY is with the miserable staff whalking round selling crips etc?

I know the idea, at sports events in japan they have hot girls walking around filling up your glass with beer while youwatch the game. Having some miserable teenagerswalking around the food areas selling crips is not going to make a killling or have any effect on the que for the bar.

P!ss water!!!!! Bottled Cider is the way forward,

Me and RC will try out the Itchen north and move asap i think. The Northam slipped to an all time low yesterday, far to many happy clappers who seem offended by the criticism aimed at the poor performing superstars on the pitch.

I think I will be sitting there in future. It gets even worse with mongs when Block 43 is open.

And yes, Magners is going to be the drink of choice from now on. Might be easier for the foreigners on the kiosks to understand as well... as the one that served me really struggled to understand the question " pint of lager please "

I really can't wait until the beer license changes.

Out of interest what's the 'new' food like? I noticed a lot of pasties for sale, any good/better than before?

I have not tried any of the so called new pies or pasties but a chap stood next to me yesterday said that the crust on his pastie was like leather.

I was impressed with the volume of pies they had in stock yesterday, they have really upped their game since the last home game.

Had a madras pie, it was very good, but I did worry when I stuffed the last bit of corner pastry into my mouth in a hurry and went for a pee, as I almost chocked. The toilets at St Mary's isn't where I want to spend my last moments, but thankfully it dislodged itself without the need for the Heimlich Maneuver!

Seriously, what the f*ck was that all about? I have a cast iron stomach and can drink/eat just about anything ( that's why I am fat ) , but the beer in the ground was f*cking disgusting yesterday, more so that usual.

It was like it had been mixed in with the Fairy Liquid or something. If I was at a pub I would have returned my beer and probably took a swing at the landlord for serving me sh!t.

Also... I not there are more idiots than usual in the Northam this season. I am retiring to the Itchen North next season. **** that.

That is all.

Shut up you c*nt.

I can't really remember what my pint was like, I don't remember it being any worse than usual. What ****es me off is that they don't keep the Northam bottle bar open, so much nicer to have a bottle and it's usually alot easier to get served.

Surely it pays for itself easily? doesn't make any sense to me.

They didn't even bother switching on the fridges in the family area and they ran out of bottles at half time.

Also the server didn't know his arse from his elbow. The price had leapt back up to 3.50 rather then the 3 it was last week and it was not advertised anywhere.

It was dreadfully done. Poor show.

I love reading threads on the stadium food and drink. Always a good laugh. It is, and always has been so poor it is funny. I remember Rupert Lowe once claiming that dispite poor performances we were ok because we still have the best football catering in the country. Obviously he was only able to comment on the posh nosh upstairs.

I love reading threads on the stadium food and drink. Always a good laugh. It is, and always has been so poor it is funny. I remember Rupert Lowe once claiming that dispite poor performances we were ok because we still have the best football catering in the country. Obviously he was only able to comment on the posh nosh upstairs.

This was his most ludicrious and out of touch statement ever, if i remember rightly he said following our relegation in 2005, that depsite being relegated we have a lot to be proud of, with first class catering and a radio station. As if this in some way should compensate for relegation.

This was his most ludicrious and out of touch statement ever, if i remember rightly he said following our relegation in 2005, that depsite being relegated we have a lot to be proud of, with first class catering and a radio station. As if this in some way should compensate for relegation.

what else would you expect from that prize c*nt?

I generally agree with the second post, in that there are many who seem very keen to find things to complain about.

BUT actually, if we pay as much as we do for games (far too much) then surely it's fair to expect good quality? I've always felt that, for the ticket and food prices, we should really have padded seats, proper meals, and hey, personal butler service.

I generally agree with the second post, in that there are many who seem very keen to find things to complain about.

BUT actually, if we pay as much as we do for games (far too much) then surely it's fair to expect good quality? I've always felt that, for the ticket and food prices, we should really have padded seats, proper meals, and hey, personal butler service.

Well I do receive the above, doesn't everyone?.

You may have noticed me waving from my couchette in Block 4.

Carlsberg is utter sh!te at the best of times. When it is left in kegs between games it is even worse. Quiet why we still have this monstrously puke-worth lager served to us is beyond me. Let's face it, Carlsberg is a beer of yesteryear. It used to be a good session beer at 3.4%. The, just to keep up, they thought that it needed to be stronger and so they wrecked the taste by pumping up the ABV.

The trick with the beer inside the ground is to have a few before the turnstiles. And then order a wee top in the pint; it really does help to take the edge of it.