• Perry
    • Wotton
    • Lallana
    • Surman
    • Cork
    • Robertson
    • DMG
    • N/A

We've made QPR & Coventry look like world beaters. Luck played a big part in the games against Doncaster & Norwich, and the fact we kept consecutive clean sheets papered over the cracks....quite simply we can't defend, and as soon we go behind the side is so young is doesn't have the mental strength to come back.

The team plays good football but their is no cutting adge to create clear cut chances and as soon as we lose possession it's like a knive cutting through butter. Coventry and QPR scored eight goals between them, but it could have quite easily been 15....and this is Coventry and QPR FFS....

Very worrying. I don't know the answer but playing a team full of powder puff, unproven teenagers it isn't.

The fact Leicester are doing so well adds more to the believe Lowe made a monumental error replacing Pearson with an unproven, cheap option.

We play one up front because it means we can play another man in midfield. Playing 4-5-1 makes perfect sense, every team in the world play 4-5-1 at some stage, it's hardly some new idea we've picked up.

McGoldrick must be the new Jermaine Wright, I didn't think he was that bad really.

Spot on.

Probably getting slagged by the same people who slagged Best who is clearly a perfectly competent Championship striker.

I suggest we "blend" experience with youth not rely on young lads

who are clearly not yet ready for the demands of this very physical league.

Is there another team in the CCC that is relying as heavily on youth as we are?

Has anyone any views on the highlighted line?

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Can I ask the people who witnessed the Preston/Sheff Wed drubbings to compare them against the QPR/Cov drubbings this season?

FWIW, I'm actually happier with the personnel atm than what we had last year... what is it, ten games in to some of our players professional careers? There will be mistakes, there will be gross naiveity but I'd rather see our boysh heart and developing skills than a team full of Idiakez' and Jermaine Wrights chugging around, picking up a ton and not giving a f,uc,k.

Of course I don't want to sacrfice our glorious Championship status by just fielding youngsters and getting battered every week, so if change was needed then so be it... however, I don't see that much wrong at the moment apart from a few kids on a learning curve and maybe the addition of a real leader, a real bully of a centre half or defensive midfielder to guide them.

Well, FWIW I am quite looking forward to seeing a game where Lloyd James has another Saints player between him and the opposition's corner flag.

Stop getting torn apart down the wings and maybe we can play football, but last night I had a guest watching who'd not seen CCC before.

The most printable comment - oh dear. This is football?

Why?

It shouldn't be any extra problem at all. It should allow the full backs more room to attack but infact we just end up the same amount of attacking play as we would playing a 4-4-2.

I honestly don't understand why the 4-2-3-1 formation would put James and Mills under more pressure than a 4-4-2, our formation should be more defensive than the traditional 4-4-2.

Because when 2 of your 3 don't drop back to support the fullbacks, the 2 holders have to pull wider. And if the 2 of the 3 who didn't drop back in the first place still don't drop inside to replace the holders, you are weak down the flanks and then weak when the ball inside comes.

442 gives more 'natural' cover in front of the full back. But you are right to an extent - it is more about attitude and concentration. But if you are playing McGoldrick (who thinks of himself as a bit of a cenre forward) as wide one of your 3, in front of a weak full back, what do you expect will happen?

Can I ask the people who witnessed the Preston/Sheff Wed drubbings to compare them against the QPR/Cov drubbings this season?

FWIW, I'm actually happier with the personnel atm than what we had last year... what is it, ten games in to some of our players professional careers? There will be mistakes, there will be gross naiveity but I'd rather see our boysh heart and developing skills than a team full of Idiakez' and Jermaine Wrights chugging around, picking up a ton and not giving a f,uc,k.

Of course I don't want to sacrfice our glorious Championship status by just fielding youngsters and getting battered every week, so if change was needed then so be it... however, I don't see that much wrong at the moment apart from a few kids on a learning curve and maybe the addition of a real leader, a real bully of a centre half or defensive midfielder to guide them.

Spot on. We need an experienced midfielder to lead and a nasty bastard of a centre half.

And with the same very big IF, if they had taken their gilt edged chances in the first half, then we would have been 5-0 down at the break.

Using your IF card, we should have lost that game soemthing like 8-3.

So lets all give up. By your logic if all our shots had gone in we would have won the game 20-10. We had the opportunity at 3-1 down twice to make it 3-2, had DMG or Surman scored the game would have changed more in our favour and Cov would have panicked more.Whether we would have equalized I dont know but that is what may have happened as the players would have had a different miondset at that time on both sides.Yes had Cov taken their opportunities it may have been 5-0 but I was stating as it was in that moment in time.Had the linesman given the offside then they may not have got the other golden opportunities as things would have played out differently.

Im sorry if i dont come on all doom and gloom but I leave that to others.It was a poor disply but there were times where it could have been so different.

I've told you several times what I think is wrong with the "plan" and how it should be addressed. If you dont want to take note of it and accept that I have proposed an alternative (because you dont agree with it), then is not a lot I or anyone else can do to help you.

Please point me to the plan as i have yet to see this from you.It will be eye opening and much considered.

Because when 2 of your 3 don't drop back to support the fullbacks, the 2 holders have to pull wider. And if the 2 of the 3 who didn't drop back in the first place still don't drop inside to replace the holders, you are weak down the flanks and then weak when the ball inside comes.

442 gives more 'natural' cover in front of the full back. But you are right to an extent - it is more about attitude and concentration. But if you are playing McGoldrick (who thinks of himself as a bit of a cenre forward) as wide one of your 3, in front of a weak full back, what do you expect will happen?

What I expect to happen, is the manager quickly sorting out any player not playing to the team plan. The players need to know that this will happen, otherwise we are in for more indisciplined hammerings.