Takeovers-from a man who knows.

1965onwards

People serious about taking over a football club do not talk publicly until the deal is done.

From Paul Miller,ex-Spurs player,now working in the city,and friend of Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce.

"Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce"

That'll be the chap that Saints paid handsomely for 18 months to find us an investor.....or so I heard....

Edited by trousers

"Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce"

That'll be the chap that Saints paid handsomely for 18 months to find us an investor.....or so I heard....

Well you heard wrong then.

Seymour Pierce were contracted in much the same way as Collins Stewart were contracted for the 10 odd years prior to that.

They were incentivised to find a buyer for the Club, in much the same way as many clubs have incentivised them, probably because despite the accusations to the contrary, they are one of the best in their field.

People serious about taking over a football club do not talk publicly until the deal is done.

From Paul Miller,ex-Spurs player,now working in the city,and friend of Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce.

But what about Long Shot and Diggers? We've been hanging on their every word. This is crushing news.

Are you saying Fulthorpe is not 'serious'?

Paul Miller was on Eamon Holmes radio show this morning,intelligent and articulate,and been on the inside track for some years.

If he says serious buyers don't court publicity,you can take it as read.

Fulthorpe has probably not courted publicity,but others involved have,which will put off any potential buyers.

Paul Miller was on Eamon Holmes radio show this morning,intelligent and articulate,and been on the inside track for some years.

Fulthorpe has probably not courted publicity,but others involved have,which will put off any potential buyers.

So this is aimed at Merrington then?

Thanks for that.

Any news on the religious orientation of the Pope?

:rolleyes:

Well you heard wrong then.

Seymour Pierce were contracted in much the same way as Collins Stewart were contracted for the 10 odd years prior to that.

They were incentivised to find a buyer for the Club, in much the same way as many clubs have incentivised them, probably because despite the accusations to the contrary, they are one of the best in their field.

they still did a crap job though!!!

they still did a crap job though!!!

I would say they were dealt a crap hand!!!!!

A club losing £££££'s by the day and a major block of shareholders wanting a ridiculous price for such a loss aking entity.

Sales of CCC club's have mainly been for nominal amounts in recent years, so trying to sell one with a £14m price tag is somewhat difficult.

I would say they were dealt a crap hand!!!!!

A club losing £££££'s by the day and a major block of shareholders wanting a ridiculous price for such a loss aking entity.

Sales of CCC club's have mainly been for nominal amounts in recent years, so trying to sell one with a £14m price tag is somewhat difficult.

The LSE has us valued at circa £6m now, and still no-one wants us :(

RPB.

The thing to do is sell your house now.Rent while the price drops a further 15%.Then buy again at rock bottom.

Thereby making yourself a nice profit.

I do that 50 times a day in a different field,and no tax to pay.

Thanks, I'll go and tell the wife to start packing.

I think that nothing will happen on a takeover, until one of the big share holders breaks rank and sells their shares. I think that a significant number of shares on the market will send the price into free fall unless they are sold by pre arrangement to a buyer.

Edited by WealdSaint

Convincing, except for the enormous fuss made beforehand by Glazer, the Liverpool blokes, and if memory serves me correcly Randy Lerner. Mind you they are from the US, not a place whose inhabitants are known for their reticence.

And, unless he's moved in the past 12 months or so, his house is probably still worth more now than it was when he bought it.

I don't think it's actually the value of houses that causes problem.It's the number of extra credits raised on them. On principal mortgages there can't be too much negative equity about at the moment,but from what understand it is fairly common practice to take extra loans against plus value whenever you feel like a new car or a couple of weeks in Malaysia.

And, unless he's moved in the past 12 months or so, his house is probably still worth more now than it was when he bought it.

Hmm, despite having dropped in value, my house is still worth between 7 to 8 times what I paid for it. However, it you take in the fact that I have a mortgage [what a twerp I was not to pay cash way back then], it's only worth 2 and 1/2 times.

Oops, off topic. Answer this question:

What are investors queueing up to buy Newcastle, for lots of money, yet stay away from a relative bargain at SFC..? Is it really the stadium debt..?

Edited by St Landrew

Oops, off topic. Answer this question:

What are investors queueing up to buy Newcastle, for lots of money, yet stay away from a relative bargain at SFC..? Is it really the stadium debt..?

In my opinion it is the difficulty in making the step up from the CCC, where there is little or no money to make,to the Premiership. It has been proved time and time again that you can't buy your way out of the CCC.I suppose this year's 'big spenders" would be Ipswich and QPR-and look where they are in the table.

Plymouth are in the top 6,they've done nothing but sell for a year or so.

Edited by Window Cleaner

In my opinion it is the difficulty in making the step up from the CCC, where there is little or no money to make,to the Premiership. It has been proved time and time again that you can't buy your way out of the CCC.I suppose this year's 'big spenders" would be Ipswich and QPR-and look where they are in the table.

Plymouth are in the top 6,they've done nothing but sell for a year or so.

I would think the big spenders would be Birmingham and Reading, when you look at the players they have retained since relegation. The parachute payments will probably see them 're-promoted' ;) this season.

Haven't Reading sold off quite a lot of players then??

Not really. Kitson and Shorey went but they have kept Doyle, Harper, Hunt and Ingimarsson who were all targetted by Premier league clubs. Reading stuck to their guns and kept them rather than sell them on the cheap.

So he knows the individual traits of every single possible serious buyer, and that even if he doesn't it need not matter as they all behave in exactly the same way?

So he knows the individual traits of every single possible serious buyer, and that even if he doesn't it need not matter as they all behave in exactly the same way?

Exactly. The problem we've had with such wonders as HMR, LLS and tommac is not that they blabbed on here about their incredible (!) takeover plans - but that they were leveraged-buy-out fantasists/wind-ups, or thought they saw a quick buck in a buy-low, sell-high tactic. (How damned to hell must we be to have attracted those three specimens in a single season?!)

If a serious buyer wants to brag about buying the club for £50m, and actually has that sort of cash handy, bring it on! Fulthorpe is not it, imo.

Still, we'll all know by Wednesday...won't we?

Exactly. The problem we've had with such wonders as HMR, LLS and tommac is not that they blabbed on here about their incredible (!) takeover plans - but that they were leveraged-buy-out fantasists/wind-ups, or thought they saw a quick buck in a buy-low, sell-high tactic. (How damned to hell must we be to have attracted those three specimens in a single season?!)

If a serious buyer wants to brag about buying the club for £50m, and actually has that sort of cash handy, bring it on! Fulthorpe is not it, imo.

Still, we'll all know by Wednesday...won't we?

OK, hot sugary tea has brought me round having had a ight headed moment realising I was reading and agreeing in totality with a post from Roman.

LBO's and half ****ed consortiums organised at best by some paper millionaires is not going to be the answer to our problems. No serious investor or their learned friends are going to boast about it to the media or comment on internet forums. Deals like these are still struck in the offices of lawyers and banks (formerly investment banks!) until such time as our store has fallen so low SMS appears at your local property auction.

£50m would be the minimum required to turn us into a typical yo yo club like Birmingham,WBA, Reading and you will need to double that figure if you want any hope of consolidating a place in the Premiership for another 27 years post promotion. Look at Sunderland although like Pearson, Keane may be able to motivate senior players but he doesn't seem to be the shrewdest manager available. Certainly hasn't spent wisely but that said a stay in the premiership beyond a season is going to need another £50m on top of the original investment.

Their are a whole host of clubs who could do with that sort of investment and most have a much stronger 'good will' figure on their balance sheet.

OK, hot sugary tea has brought me round having had a ight headed moment realising I was reading and agreeing in totality with a post from Roman.

LBO's and half ****ed consortiums organised at best by some paper millionaires is not going to be the answer to our problems. No serious investor or their learned friends are going to boast about it to the media or comment on internet forums. Deals like these are still struck in the offices of lawyers and banks (formerly investment banks!) until such time as our store has fallen so low SMS appears at your local property auction.

£50m would be the minimum required to turn us into a typical yo yo club like Birmingham,WBA, Reading and you will need to double that figure if you want any hope of consolidating a place in the Premiership for another 27 years post promotion. Look at Sunderland although like Pearson, Keane may be able to motivate senior players but he doesn't seem to be the shrewdest manager available. Certainly hasn't spent wisely but that said a stay in the premiership beyond a season is going to need another £50m on top of the original investment.

Their are a whole host of clubs who could do with that sort of investment and most have a much stronger 'good will' figure on their balance sheet.

So, if £50m would just be enough to turn us into a yo-yo club, what does Lowe and Wilde's combined fortune give us instead? A springless pogo stick in a lake of jelly?

Man City's new owners talked very openly before their deal was signed & sealed.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that any rumours concerning a take-over at Saints be taken as seriously, (I don't think anyone is going to buy us at the moment) but sweeping statements add nothing to the debate.

Wolves were sold for a £1 & the debts taken on. Why we be worth anymore than that?

Rupert listing this club was purely for self benefit. Increasing his stake by buying £1 shares off old ladies & then listing us on the main exchange. He could not cope with the financial requirements of that so he took us to AIM.

Kept paying divi's when he was the largest share holder then buying back shares which meant as a proportion of the company his share holding went up.

For god's sake, any sane person would only take on the debt of the company as the break up value of the football club would not even cover the outstanding loans & weekly trading loss.

Lowe & Cowan taking a salary in a business where they already recieved severance payments is immoral, but the one wrod you could never associate with Rupert is integrity!

You see, this troubles me, this salary malarky.

If a Football Club manager fails to deliver on his objectives (winning matches), he eventually gets the push.

If a Football Club director(s) fails to deliver on his objectives (creating and maintaining a profitable enterprise), shouldn't he, at the very least, get a salary cut / no salary at all?