2011 Festivals

saint_bert

So, what festivals is everyone attending.

Going to Sonisphere for the first time this year. The big 4 on Friday confirmed that.

Everyone else?

Yes 100% going to Sonisphere for the 3rd year in a row with the big 4 on the Friday I could not miss this. Was the height of my rock days from 1988 - 1993 so they were the big 4 back then.

Now I am more into my Indie apart from the old metal/rock, so it will be the V Festival and Reading Festival for me as every year, and might also go to Wakestock again as I can get into for free.

I love the summer of music!

The one I cannot wait for PULP at Hyde Park on July 3rd!

I'll be making my annual pilgrimage to Beatherder - a little gem of a festival hidden away in the Lancashire countryside that I have been to for the last 3 years running.

Other than that, not sure. Some mates of mine usually go to The Big Chill every year so I might go to that depending on the line-up.

I'll be making my annual pilgrimage to Beatherder - a little gem of a festival hidden away in the Lancashire countryside that I have been to for the last 3 years running.

Other than that, not sure. Some mates of mine usually go to The Big Chill every year so I might go to that depending on the line-up.

Worked there last year, was a good crack! Might make the trip this year! I'm probably going to Hurricane in Germany (went last year during the World Cup, banter was plentiful even with my lack of German knowledge!) and also possibly Bestival, worked there 3 years in a row and had fun at all of them, also its close =]

Taking the GF to Glasto. Her first trip....

While it may not have the intimacy of or even (as much) music that I like of some of the other festivals, I think the whole primeval conditions of the event help bring us "down here" loonies back to reality.

And of course the real reason to go is the Cider Bus

Taking the GF to Glasto. Her first trip....

While it may not have the intimacy of or even (as much) music that I like of some of the other festivals, I think the whole primeval conditions of the event help bring us "down here" loonies back to reality.

And of course the real reason to go is the Cider Bus

gonna be re-living the 60s?

gonna be re-living the 60s?

Hehe.

To Junction 9 - feel real bad about my 2 tkts as well. Did the whole registration but couldn't get online the day of sale as was flying. Mate in Uk who was coming with us said he'd sort it. he queued for 4 hours, got through entered the details on his Credit Card (they don't accept Debit Cards for overseas customers. Went to pay for his ticket - would not accept a credit card on his registration and it kicked him off the system... He re-queued for 3 hours and - biff sold out. He'll join you in the re-sale queue.

Mind you 2 years ago I got one the resale way - kept hitting redial and F5 and to my surprise got through, although there was a bit of an anti-JayZee thing that year and even HMV sold tickets in the last few weeks before the event.

Didn't work in 2010 though

Still clinging onto the hope of getting a Glasto ticket in the re-sale. You never know.

If not, can you sneak me in somehow Swanny?

Probably not going during the festival this year although i might pop down for the Sunday/Monday night for the closing parties depending on the weather and who's playing Sunday night. I might be able to help but it would be a phonecall with 2-3 hours notice! Which probably isn't any good.

• 2 weeks later...

Already got our tickets for End of The Road and Camp Bestival. Very tempted by Green Man this year as missed the last 2. Maybe Festinho too if they do another one.

I really want to go to Bloc at Minehead but sadly can't afford the ticket right now and it clashes with Bournemouth away.

Can't be doing with big festivals anymore. Did Glastonbury, Reading, Phoenix and Donnington in the past but I prefer the smaller ones now.

Didn't manage to get a Glasto ticket first time round, i'm applying to work for Oxfam at the festival at the moment but if I get a ticket in the re-sale then **** Oxfam!

Going to get out of my box because last year I was a boring fart having had a slew of exams in the week leading up to the festival and the hot weather didn't make me any happier.

Am hoping Alter bridge are not a DL exclusive.

Catch BVB if you can. Really good band.

Knowing Alter Bridge obsessively as I do... AB's tour schedule fits in a little european jaunt and back again in the autumn for some headlining dates. So festy wise they will prob be a download "exclusive" yea. Don't be suprised if they fit in 1 or 2 headlining shows before the festy though, they have in the past when they have played DL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

F*cking Darkness, don't make me laugh. They seem to be the second main band on the Friday as well, to Def Lolpard.

The mighty DOWN will rule Download once again this year \,,/ I am going to go just to see these guys on teh Saturday, assuming I can get a day ticket. Best band in the world, bar none and a travesty they're not headlining. I will also check out Clutch again, SOAD for the first time and whoever else takes my fancy on that day.

F*cking Darkness, don't make me laugh. They seem to be the second main band on the Friday as well, to Def Lolpard.

The mighty DOWN will rule Download once again this year \,,/ I am going to go just to see these guys on teh Saturday, assuming I can get a day ticket. Best band in the world, bar none and a travesty they're not headlining. I will also check out Clutch again, SOAD for the first time and whoever else takes my fancy on that day.

I wouldnt buy a day ticket just to see 30 minutes of DOWN but each to there own!

I wish I was going to Bestival now. I've been for the past two years and had a good time. The line-up is pretty good this year. Last year's was amazing though. Seeing LCD Soundsystem for the last time was well worth the admission fee alone.