Boyd quits Scotland team under Burley

Nexstar

I can see Burley's point though with Boyd. Kris has been on the bench for Rangers making a few games here and there where as Iwelumo has scored a fair few and played plenty of games for Wolves. The problem is Scotland fans now think they should be top of the group after the success of the last campaign. Burley will be sacked, he's already had a vote of confidence from the SFA

Burley couldn't pick the right team if it bit him on the bum. The man's an idiot ruined my national team and setting about runing my international team.Thanks George!

I think you mean Club team and National team. Unless George has been quietly managing the Rest Of The World team without me knowing it.

I wonder if Capello has had the same message from Michael Owen?

This Boyd does he score shedloads of goals in Scotland, Iwelumo is a good forward , not top international class but should have justified GB faith by putting in the goal that could have been the winner.

I dont understand the players decision and he is not the type of person you need in a squad.

I don't know what the SFA were smoking when they appointed GB, but it must've been seriously strong stuff.

I can see him being sacked as manager by January, and good riddance.

It's a travesty that we nearly qualified for Euro 2008 ahead of one of the World Cup finalists, yet now we cannot even beat Norway.

How times have changed.

If the SFA want Scotland to be taken seriously again, then they should sack the clown Burley and appoint a real manager.

Seems to me that this is more evidence of the Napoleon complex we saw emerge in Burley with Rasiak. So long as he is visible as boss, sod the actual results and perofrmances being achieved..........

If George Burley does something outside of your perceived logic in the woods, do you still get a boner?

Dear Kris,

In response to your small minded and petulant comments about who you would be willing to have the honour to represent your country for depending on who the manger is we would like to point out the following:

The honour of playing for your country, in fact even being selected for the squad is one that many players would willingly be happy with and would hope to prove in training that they were worthy of a place in the team.

You had not been playing first team football for Rangers, highly the ideal preparation for an international game.

You are a grade one knob end and we would like to take this opportunity to point out that the decision is now taken out of your hands and you will never in any circumstances be picked for the national team, regardless of who the manger is.

Love from the SFA XXXXXX

Sounds like he was going to be dropped for the next squad anyway. At least now it gives him more time to concentrate on getting into the Rangers first team.

He's played plenty of games, the problem with Rangers is they have a champions league squad and no european games, lots of players are being rotated.

Someone who is not playing regular 1st team football expecting to play for their country? he sounds like a **** IMO and someone who shouldn't play for their country again.

Joe Cole? He's not a regular (or at least he hasn't been for the last 4 years, when he was our best player at national level).

Joe Cole? He's not a regular (or at least he hasn't been for the last 4 years, when he was our best player at national level).

Joe Cole was voted Chelsea player of season 2007/08. Made 45 appearances in league and cup competitions scoring 10 goals. He had serious injuries in previous 2 seasons which limited his appearances.

2005/06 played 34 games in all competitions scoring 9 goals.

Joe Cole has played 6 league games and one champions league game so far this season.

Joe Cole was voted Chelsea player of season 2007/08. Made 45 appearances in league and cup competitions scoring 10 goals. He had serious injuries in previous 2 seasons which limited his appearances.

2005/06 played 34 games in all competitions scoring 9 goals.

Joe Cole has played 6 league games and one champions league game so far this season.

Was just going to say, he's been one of their key players over the last 3 years or so and one of England's too. Mourinho was a bit suspicious of him but even Jose had him as an automatic pick before Putin's buddy gave him him the sack.