Adkins looking forward to west brom test

Dazza82

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2402406,00.html

Who is going to this?

Also in there a hint of Doble going out on loan

we have young Ryan Doble who needs to go and play football. He is struggling to get into the equation at the moment and we have just recruited Steve De Ridder who can play on the right, on the left, or up top
Edited by Dazza82

Who is going to this?

noted that his (Adkins) chat with a journalist brought forth the equation that only 7% of all rumours actually come out right!

why on earth do we buy all these papers?...ONLY 7%.

.....you'd think with all this phone tapping that they do a bit better than that.

How come we are playing a WBA XI and Rochdale played WBA last night. Looking at the line up for Rochdale game they were the 'XI' as i always though that meant the youth, reserves mainly not the regular starters - could be wrong though.

How come we are playing a WBA XI and Rochdale played WBA last night. Looking at the line up for Rochdale game they were the 'XI' as i always though that meant the youth, reserves mainly not the regular starters - could be wrong though.

http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2402414,00.html

ALBION'S first-ever meeting with Rochdale ended in a 3-0 defeat after two first-half goals - including a penalty - put the hosts in control.

An inexperienced Baggies side - overseen by assistant head coach Michael Appleton at Spotland - kicked off the first of three pre-season games in five days, with trips to Southampton to follow tomorrow (ko 7.45pm) and Bristol City on Saturday (ko 3pm).

ALBION (4-4-2): L Daniels; Reid, Dawson (D Daniels 58 (Garmston 78)), Downing (Turton 84), Gayle; Sawyers (O'Sullivan 75), Mantom, O'Neil, Roofe; C Wood, Bednar. Sub not used: Kiely (gk).

Who is going to this?

I should have thought it was highly likely he will go out on loan.

He may be a promising talent, but he's not Theo Walcott and won't even be 5th choice striker if he stays at SMS all season.

He needs to go to L1 even L2 ..and score lots of goals. Even then there's no saying he would be a success in CCC ..or eventually Prem. football

He needs regular games, and at a level better than our U21 play. By the time January comes around we can assess his progress and if there was an injury crisis (heaven forbid), we could always recall him.

Edited by david in sweden

WBA squad for tonight's game...

Myhill, Kiely, Cech, Ibanez, Miller, Wood, Dorrans, Mantom, Jones, Thorne, Cox, Fortune, Downing, Roofe, Gayle, Dawson, Mattock

I'm not really up to speed with the WBA squad - is that predominently 1st team squad?

Edit: answer here: http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2403024,00.html

ALBION have named a strong squad for tonight's pre-season trip to Southampton (ko 7.45pm).

A host of senior pros will be involved in the St Mary's Stadium encounter as the Baggies look to give all their players a 90-minute run-out over the three matches this week.

Steven Reid, Roman Bednar and Chris Wood all played the full game in last night's 3-0 defeat at Rochdale.

And the rest of the squad has been split between the Saints clash and Saturday's fixture at Bristol City (ko 3pm).

"We're trying to get as many people as possible to get 90 minutes over the three games," said assistant boss Michael Appleton.

"Tonight we'll try and get as many players as possible through 90 minutes against Southampton and it will be the same on Saturday against Bristol.

"We've got a squad we took to America of around 25 outfield players and we can't get everyone to play 90 minutes in one or two games.

"Roman, Steven and Woodsy played last night, Daws got a bit of a game and I'm sure he'll get a bit more tonight.

"We're at a stage of pre-season now where we need to get as many people as possible beyond the 70-minute mark.

"We're just over two weeks away from the start of the season now."

I wonder if Adkins has the same view as WBA - i.e. that they need to give players 70 - 90 minutes? Hope so. We shouldn't be swapping teams at half-time at this stage of pre-season (IMHO)

Edited by trousers

Looks like de Ridder will be playing according to his Twitter.

If you base starting sides on Twitter posts made by players expecting to be involved, Ryan Dickson would have got 50 games last season.

If you base starting sides on Twitter posts made by players expecting to be involved, Ryan Dickson would have got 50 games last season.

Well if not starting side, I think we can at least be fairly confident in assuming he will be involved. Could have probably guessed that anyway, bit it is "news" as oppossed to him saying "not ready yet" etc.

Well if not starting side, I think we can at least be fairly confident in assuming he will be involved. Could have probably guessed that anyway, bit it is "news" as oppossed to him saying "not ready yet" etc.

Or indeed "I am in Belgium / Holland enjoying fries with mayo".

Excellent.

OK, a double header, both about big Ron's 70's side:

who was the striker they signed from non-league Hayes?

who was the keeper?

No googling.

striker was probably Cyril Regis: How do I know this? My flat mate at Uni was a big Baggies fan and we used to go and watch them whenever they were in London as did we with the Saints.