What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

On that note, get on with it Art Brut.

Some outrageous claims in there, including one about Israel and Palestine.

Personally, I don't think moshing is the answer. Send the lot of them to Ibiza and get them off their tits on MDMA in mixed raves. As crazy as that sounds, I've got a mate in Northern Ireland who reckons that the 90s drug culture in Northern Ireland did more to bring about a change of attitudes than anything else.

Such a feel good/look forward song.

Got a mate really into this lot with this track.

He saw them at Leeds Festival and said they were fantastic, could see them as potential festival headliners he said.

Have to say I was a bit disappointed with the album, but only really gave it the one listen so perhaps being a little harsh.

Such a feel good/look forward track.

Meh. Take one part Beirut, one part Slow Club and one part Mumford, blend it up and you get the pure averageness of this band.

It's quite a catchy tune, but that style of folky, quirky music is so de rigeur now that you've got to produce something special to stand out.

Discovered via Forza Horizon.

If you've a single rock bone in your body, you'll love this. Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups. Conspiracy hat on. Don't think it's a coincidence that they have the same initials as Smashing Pumpkins :)

Building, soaring exploration of a single riff. Stunning.

A fav of mine on Rock Band Drunk.

Ian Neal - All in the Golden Afternoon

I don't know if any of you like prog-rock, but the above album sits quite comfortably at the 'feelgood' end of the prog spectrum.

It's only mildly pretentious and is really rather good in a warm, tummy-rubbing kind of way.

You can listen to the whole album (and his more recent effort) at his website http://www.ianneal.com/

I recommend 'Kingdom of the Birds'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLOtPYcZI8A

Is this new? Will the next album be MJ?

Seen them a couple of times, always great fun. I love these guys.

Don't know, tbh. Got a couple of mates who are into the same sort of music as me that'll send me links. Very cool though; love their version of Vincent Price's voiceover.

People seem to be going a bit nuts over Kendrick Lamar, thought i'd check him out. Not overly impressed, but I like this track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTz_K__9L2A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not usually a massive hip-hop fan, though I quite like Kendrick Lamar. Though, I did hear this morning he is going to be on Dido's next album. Just strikes me as all sorts of odd.

Been working my way through the Drowned in Sound Albums of the year list, trying to catch up on albums I missed. Really enjoyed How to Dress Well, Japandroids & The Lost Rivers efforts so far.

Not usually a massive hip-hop fan, though I quite like Kendrick Lamar. Though, I did hear this morning he is going to be on Dido's next album. Just strikes me as all sorts of odd.

Been working my way through the Drowned in Sound Albums of the year list, trying to catch up on albums I missed. Really enjoyed How to Dress Well, Japandroids & The Lost Rivers efforts so far.

He's on Lady Gaga's next single too. Went mainstream pretty quick!

Haha.

Look, I get she's not for everyone. But, she's the best at what she does.

She's taken pop by the scruff of the neck, and now everyone is scrambling around trying to be like her.

She's also a fantastic performer and musician.

I agree actually. Pop music had really stagnated before she came along, just a succession of RnB tracks from young women. I'm not really a huge fan of Gaga's music, but I quite like that she doesn't seem to give a fück about her actions. Smoking weed onstage, fighting paps... She's a bit of old school rock and roll in a sanitised time where record companies think music won't sell unless the performer is a squeaky-clean Aryan choir-boy.