Swansea vs Saints - Post Match Reaction

Arizona

Not going to happen though is it?

some on here has memory like goldfish..it happened,WITHOUT SJ,less than a month ago.

this very same team !

people saying its impossible for that to happen again,should reflect somewhat over that FACT,IMO.

it CAN happen again this season. and not only once,twice or trice..

I have been out this afternoon and so I missed the torture on the radio, but there are a few basics that seem to have slipped past our managment/DOF team.

- Playing a system to fit your players. BWP moved left, Lallana moved right when he is born to play in 'the hole' . We have no fit wingers so you cannot persist with a system that needs 2 goals scoring wingers.

The only player suited to this 42121 formation is Lallana, If you move him then all 4 forward players are out of position!

- Getting rid of your goalscores because goal bonuses cost money. The end product of the business is goals, thats what people pay to see, No goals, no wins, no crowds, no cash. It is simple economics to anyone who knows football, rather than bean counters who see people paying money to sit in a concrete bowl whatever is served up in front of them.

If, as seems likely, Barclays are setting a wage cap on the team each week, we no longer need a DOF. We may as well let Barclay's pay one of their recovery team, rather than fork out Lowes wages. ( ... awaits abuse from the lovies ...)

some on here has memory like goldfish..it happened,WITHOUT SJ,less than a month ago.

this very same team !

people saying its impossible for that to happen again,should reflect somewhat over that FACT,IMO.

it CAN happen again this season. and not only once,twice or trice..

Wow it happened once so it can happen again! Go on then smart arse take a long look at he fixture list and you tell me where we are going to get another 4 or 5 4 match unbeaten runs from? BTW backsides are for sitting on not talking out of!

Walked out after 3rd goal for the fist time in my life. Safely now out of the rain back at my mates flat getting the **** taken out of me by his Swansea flatmates. Fun times!

This was the worst peformance i have seen a Saints team play. We were given a masterclass by Swansea. They showed us how to play 4-5-1 and ate us for breakfast. The tactics were all wrong, the player positions were all wrong etc.. etc.. we had no attack at all and never looked like scoring a goal. I can only recall one shot and that was from BWP in the first half. The goal they scored was from awful marking again. The only player who i felt was actually doing ok was BWP even though he was on the wrong side of the midfield. Seccond half we had an ok start and looked a little more up for it as players were moved to their natural places. That lasted about 5 mins then Swansea started to play again. Their seccond goal was unlucky on Kelvin as it had an awkward bounce and flew off his chest, none of the other 10 players in the box went for it and that is why they scored. That is how our side is, seccond to everything but i have to be honest Davis could of done better also. At this point you would expect us to change to a more positive attacking formation and revert away from 4-5-1 but nope he took of BWP possibly the only player who might of done something and stayed at 4-5-1. Jan cost us more points.

The club is a shambles and the players are dreadful. The people thinking things will get better really are deluded. The team is playing awful and we are now finding out what happens when you stop getting penalties,own goals etc..

If, as seems likely, Barclays are setting a wage cap on the team each week, we no longer need a DOF. We may as well let Barclay's pay one of their recovery team, rather than fork out Lowes wages. ( ... awaits abuse from the lovies ...)

Yep. We are in administration in all but name and points-loss anyway.

I wonder why Barclays havent figured out your statement for themselves ?

Wow it happened once so it can happen again! Go on then smart arse take a long look at he fixture list and you tell me where we are going to get another 4 or 5 4 match unbeaten runs from? BTW backsides are for sitting on not talking out of!

you`re one persistant little pessimist,arent you..?

tell you what..I`ll wager you £200 that we`ll get another run of four unbeaten games in the league,this season.

now,Mr. "talking from the spot where the sun doesnt shine" : that must be the easiest money you`ll ever make,so I reckon you`re in..?

Lets all take a friend to SMS for the next home game, yes a "Guy" made up of old clothes , stuffed with newspaper, with a Rupert Lowe mask.

At the end of the game, douse them with petrol, throw them on the pitch and burn them...will "THEY" get the message then?

Lowe has taken us down from the Prem by the cheap option and we are now at rock bottom because of the cheap option. If we had kept hold of Pearson and two of three of the so called journey men we would be better off, yes they were on higher wages but IMO we would have won more games than we lost. The point in case would be more through the gates at home, more money in the pot. Scooby, Sundance and the other Lowe supporters don't tell me I am wrong because I am not.

you`re one persistant little pessimist,arent you..?

tell you what..I`ll wager you £200 that we`ll get another run of four unbeaten games in the league,this season.

now,Mr. "talking from the spot where the sun doesnt shine" : that must be the easiest money you`ll ever make,so I reckon you`re in..?

Even though its easy money I wouldn't trust you to cough up the readies anyway. Its not pessimism its realism, and quite frankly if you read most of the other posts your alone in your blind optimism, which although you should probably be applauded for it, it is starting to get on my t!ts to be honest. Now I'm off down the pub to get ****ed!

What's the point anymore?

I tried to support the club under Lowe despite warning all this would happen back in the summer and threatening to boycott.

Now? I am staying away until Lowe and Wilde sell this Club and leave it for good.

Why? Because I made one prediction in the summer that has yet to materialise but its about to... the fans will now start to protest and it will get nasty at SMS. I am not bringing my kids to watch this.

A bunch of young players who are not ready for this level of football

+

A 3rd tier Dutch manager, with nice ideas, but hopelessly out of his depth

+

An FC Chairman who literally stands by unable or unwilling to taken any positive action

+

A egomaniac Plc. Chairman who is still inflicting insane experiments on the club (just after we all thought we'd turned the corner, with a young, bright, league experienced, track-suit manager)

+

Disastrous management of the club pre and post relelgation, leaving us with not a penny to rub together.

=

Us being well and truly ****ed.

(But go on, do any of us really care? After all, we just sit by week after week and let it happen)

What a complete f***ing shambles our club has become.

I am now thinking that administration, and the pain that comes with it, may be the answer - it would be a mercy killing anyway! At least we would hopefully start afresh & rebuild in L1 or L2 without any of the clowns that have run our club in the last few years. It may be the only way out.

Social Services are trying to rehome a young boy thats been beaten by his parents. They ask him whether he wants to go live with his Aunt and Uncle. "No cos they'll beat me" he says. What about your Grandparents? "No cos they'll beat me" he says. Well we've got no other choice then, you'll have to go to Southampton cos they don't beat anyone!!!

Even though its easy money I wouldn't trust you to cough up the readies anyway. Its not pessimism its realism, and quite frankly if you read most of the other posts your alone in your blind optimism, which although you should probably be applauded for it, it is starting to get on my t!ts to be honest. Now I'm off down the pub to get ****ed!

enjoy the pints !

hope you sober up until Tuesday,and get down the stadium to watch the start of our next four match unbeaten run ;)

(just teasing)

If we do go into administration would Lowe try and buy the club on the cheap, I think he would, the fealings would run so high someone might do something stupid.

If Barclays, Norwich Union and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs went along with that, they are bonkers.

Because this club under Lowe and Wilde will stumble from administration to bankruptcy.

The problem is that Lowe has backed the club into a corner.

We dont have the money to sack JP, or employ an additional person over him.

Simple fact of the matter is, to replace him with someone of NPs stature (what the situation screams out for), will cost the club MORE than would have been needed to give NP a contract.

This sort of incompetence would lead any other PLC Chairman to being dismissed by the shareholders

Just got back from the game, and can honestly say that, that is one of the worst performances I've ever seen from Saints (and I went to the Palace match last season! :o).

When Swansea are playing Ole football after 15 minutes, you know you're going to be in for a long afternoon.

BWP was ****, although so were most of the others to be fair.

We don't seem to be able to pass forward.

We had a brief spell at the beginning of the second half (quickly ended when Swansea got a 2nd) when we had a couple of corners. What the flying **** is the point of taking short corners. Just get the ball in the friggin' box!

I'm pis5ed off!

Just got back from the game, and can honestly say that, that is one of the worst performances I've ever seen from Saints (and I went to the Palace match last season! :o).

When Swansea are playing Ole football after 15 minutes, you know you're going to be in for a long afternoon.

We had a brief spell at the beginning of the second half (quickly ended when Swansea got a 2nd) when we had a couple of corners. What the flying **** is the point of taking short corners. Just get the ball in the friggin' box!

I'm pis5ed off!

Please tell me this isnt really true..

Can't say I even bothered to listen today, I'm so totally numb to the entire SFC supporting experience at the minute. Daft decision after daft decision, crap performance on top of crap performance!

We're crying out for a decent CF and yet continue to chuck money away on players who do little or in fact nothing for the team as things stand. Pekhart is presumably out of favour .... send him back then! Robertson? Was he injured? could he play as badly as DMG?! Granted Pullis and Gasmi COULD maybe DAJFU but theyre so far away from playing in the first team at the moment you have to question the reason for signing them! Tommy Forecast seems a bit of a waste of paper and ink as well so far as neither he or Bart are pushing for a 1st team place! All in all we have signed several players who combined must be very close to the wages of at least 2 of our half decent strikers that we have instead decided to give to other championship teams! WTF? Ryan Smith couldnt even get a game at Millwall and is just another Nathan Dyer for what Ive seen of him both at millwall and derby! And low and behold hes now injured too!

Whats more is does anyone actually seem convinced JP knows anything about the players hes signed? on Gasmi "Id like to see what he can do in a game" hmm or Robertson ... "I tried to sign him in holland" what for your 6th division dutch side? How can he be described as good enough for us to waste wages on then?!

Pish! its all aload of ******** at the moment so lets hope it gets better with a miraculous win on tuesday!

Can't say I even bothered to listen today, I'm so totally numb to the entire SFC supporting experience at the minute. Daft decision after daft decision, crap performance on top of crap performance!

We're crying out for a decent CF and yet continue to chuck money away on players who do little or in fact nothing for the team as things stand. Pekhart is presumably out of favour .... send him back then! Robertson? Was he injured? could he play as badly as DMG?! Granted Pullis and Gasmi COULD maybe DAJFU but theyre so far away from playing in the first team at the moment you have to question the reason for signing them! Tommy Forecast seems a bit of a waste of paper and ink as well so far as neither he or Bart are pushing for a 1st team place! All in all we have signed several players who combined must be very close to the wages of at least 2 of our half decent strikers that we have instead decided to give to other championship teams! WTF? Ryan Smith couldnt even get a game at Millwall and is just another Nathan Dyer for what Ive seen of him both at millwall and derby! And low and behold hes now injured too!

Whats more is does anyone actually seem convinced JP knows anything about the players hes signed? on Gasmi "Id like to see what he can do in a game" hmm or Robertson ... "I tried to sign him in holland" what for your 6th division dutch side? How can he be described as good enough for us to waste wages on then?!

Pish! its all aload of ******** at the moment so lets hope it gets better with a miraculous win on tuesday!

Poortvliet is quite simply out of his depth. We'll scrape the odd point here and there, but more often than not we'll be on then end of consistent hammerings by average or worse teams. 95% of our supporters knew this would happen - playing kids in a cloggers league, managed by a non-league manager was always doomed. Buy, hey, what do we know - we're just the dumb schmuks who pay their wages...

On the radio after the match, the question was asked as to what the turnout might be for the home match on Tuesday. Well, I for one will be going as I feel a desperate urge to be a part of a chorus of dissent against Lowe, the Quisling and all of the other charlatans in the Directors' box.

I think that after the shambolic, gutless surrender today with as far as I can see only two shots on goal from us, the time has come to start chanting for Lowe to go. I really can't wait for the AGM when he can also be asked to resign as Chairman so that somebody else more capable can take over the duties.

If he won't go voluntarily, then that will be the time for the mass boycott to force him out. The Bank would probably tell him to go if the attendances fell below 10,000 for a match or two. His paltry shareholding could sustain his position with the backing of his cronies's support, but his position would be unsustainable with a stadium only one third full. Let's pull the plug on him now and get shot of him once and for all.

On the radio after the match, the question was asked as to what the turnout might be for the home match on Tuesday. Well, I for one will be going as I feel a desperate urge to be a part of a chorus of dissent against Lowe, the Quisling and all of the other charlatans in the Directors' box.

I think that after the shambolic, gutless surrender today with as far as I can see only two shots on goal from us, the time has come to start chanting for Lowe to go. I really can't wait for the AGM when he can also be asked to resign as Chairman so that somebody else more capable can take over the duties.

If he won't go voluntarily, then that will be the time for the mass boycott to force him out. The Bank would probably tell him to go if the attendances fell below 10,000 for a match or two. His paltry shareholding could sustain his position with the backing of his cronies's support, but his position would be unsustainable with a stadium only one third full. Let's pull the plug on him now and get shot of him once and for all.

I wrote on TSF, even back when Wilde came on the scene, that i could not rest easy until Lowe had sold his shareholding. And lo(we) and behold, he came back, and may well have been pulling various strings behind the scenes in all the time in-between.

Same goes this time. What you are suggesting does not get rid of him once-and-for-all - it will not work....

Another dreadful result - how much more must we stomach?! The Dutch clowns need to go as does the great experimenter Lowe. Surely there's never been a chairman so willing to experiment and to fail so often.

The most damning indictment I can give is that if we keep sides down to 3 at the moment, I'm relatively content given the poor management, poor leadership and the paucity of players able to play at this level.

League 1 awaits and I wouldn't bet on us surviving there either.

We're crying out for a decent CF and yet continue to chuck money away on players who do little or in fact nothing for the team as things stand. Pekhart is presumably out of favour .... send him back then! Robertson? Was he injured? could he play as badly as DMG?!

Absolutely right. I thought we were counting the pennies not funding players, not required by other teams, for nowt!

Agree and i will do the same. I will take my camera and try and get some pictures if anything happens!

The thing that ****es me off is we have people like Nick Illingsworth and others saying "support the team!". What the **** have we been doing all this time if not supporting the team?? I can't imagine to many came down to Swansea paying the fuel and ticket just to sit there and hope we lose...We have a great traveling support and when they say that i find it insulting.

I'm pis5ed off!

We're all the players gash?

I am guessing so, but were there any signs of promise from some of our more tallented players? MS, Surman, Lallana, Skacel?

The problem is that Lowe has backed the club into a corner.

We dont have the money to sack JP, or employ an additional person over him.

Simple fact of the matter is, to replace him with someone of NPs stature (what the situation screams out for), will cost the club MORE than would have been needed to give NP a contract.

This sort of incompetence would lead any other PLC Chairman to being dismissed by the shareholders

Please let that happen to Lowe ASAP

Thing is grasscutter the bank is telling that ***t Lowe what to do.

They might be telling him to "cut cloth accordingly" but not how to do it, or who to farm out. Why not farm out 2-3 kids and keep the fella that scored 18 goals last season, and knows this division inside out? THAT decision was Lowes undboubtedly - yet again his toxic mix of arrogance and ignorance means he will force his will, whatever the outcome. Lord help us... (yes, I'm talking to you Matt!).

so frustrated by this performance.

Sevreal things really annoyed me today.

BWP and McGoldrick's inability to make good runs. BWP lack of ability.

There was no width. No optinos wide. McG can't hold the ball up. Lallana played okay but drifted into too much.

Swansea players knew their role, had players hugging the touchline, we stronger than us. we were none of the above.

No one in a saints shirt knew what they were doing.

Kelvin can be blamed for goals but he had no protection. Skacl did okay considering he seemed slightly injured.

Why wasn't Euell used upfront?

he might not be the best, but for that role, he is the best option we currently have of loan striker.

No width, no leadership and no drive.

my Reading fan friend who came with me just thought, and i agree, we played horizontal and backwards.

People blame Lowe, but what can he do? he has no choice, we have no choice but to work in this infastructure due to our financial position.

people need to except this, if we get rid of him, it will be no differnt unless there is a takeover, which there isn't.

I like Jan but he is gettting the basics wrong. Either choose the right players for each position or change the formation.

Its disheartning and frustrating.

Rant over

I watched the score came in today and when I saw Swansea had scored I felt nothing but acceptance. We shouldn't be in the position where we have to pay £24 at a home match in the 5th most watched football league in the world to watch a youth team.

I personally feel like I am being treated like a resource with no recompense, like all fans are being treated as such.

The club is dying and there are no signs that something is being done to revive things where it matters, on the pitch. The banks may be happier, but I am miserable, miserable that the club I used to love is a joke. Miserable that the club which made me so proud when it reached the cup final 5 years ago is now a glorified feeder club for other teams, teams in our own league, a league below where we had been for 26 years.

The result against Swansea is something that means nothing to me, because the whole circumstances the club is now in has left me dissillusioned. I WANT to feel something when a goal is conceeded or scored. I WANT to scream with delight again when we score. I feel inclined to do neither now. This club, which used to give me so much joy now leaves me numb.

I look at Leeds fans with envy. At least they have European Semi finals, League Cup wins and 3rd place premiership finishes to keep them warm in the bad times. We only had a false dawn of a cup final. I would far rather we had gone for broke then and paid the price, rather then paying it anyway and having nothing to show for it.

Edited by Colinjb

so frustrated by this performance.

Sevreal things really annoyed me today.

BWP and McGoldrick's inability to make good runs. BWP lack of ability.

There was no width. No optinos wide. McG can't hold the ball up. Lallana played okay but drifted into too much.

Swansea players knew their role, had players hugging the touchline, we stronger than us. we were none of the above.

No one in a saints shirt knew what they were doing.

Kelvin can be blamed for goals but he had no protection. Skacl did okay considering he seemed slightly injured.

Why wasn't Euell used upfront?

he might not be the best, but for that role, he is the best option we currently have of loan striker.

No width, no leadership and no drive.

my Reading fan friend who came with me just thought, and i agree, we played horizontal and backwards.

People blame Lowe, but what can he do? he has no choice, we have no choice but to work in this infastructure due to our financial position.

people need to except this, if we get rid of him, it will be no differnt unless there is a takeover, which there isn't.

I like Jan but he is gettting the basics wrong. Either choose the right players for each position or change the formation.

Its disheartning and frustrating.

Rant over

Just got back after leaving 20min before end.

Agree with your game description BUT NOT THE CRAP about no choice, basically we had choices since last May BUT HAVE TAKEN ALL THE WRONG ONES

Lowey, Wildey, JP and Wotte to give a full apology to all Saints fans on Monday and then declare that they will all stand aside and let Salz take the chair with Fullthorpe Cousins, Merrington Crouch Trant etc It has got to be better, no please do not argue..

In the meantime I will coach the team and use some basic team tactics/strategy and after recalling John, Rasiak and Saga after releasing Pulis, Gasmi, Robertson, Smith and Forecast I will the borrow some old hands from Totton, Eastleigh and Exeter.

JP, sorry you and Wotte have not got a clue and for you Lowey/Wildey what is your game boys?

My take over would at least get us some points and you lovely fans will enjoy.

Sorry, Pearson is coming back to help me. Woggy and Ethel the tea lady, soon to return.

I have also recovered the Corners that were stolen and hope to replace them on Monday.

The TOTAL football..well I have given the TOTAL back to my local dutch garage where it belongs.

Onwards and upwards.

what choices do or did we have financially?

not get rid of NP

not sign at least 6 untried kids

keep SJ

play skacel

get the major shareholders to raise funds by way of a rights issue as other plc's do when times are hard

or even more radical put their hands in their pockets like other football clubs directors do to support their investment.