Poortvliets Reaction

Huffton

Lowey messing about with team talks again per chance. It is either true or JP has not got a clue about tactics on his own admission he did not push forward with extra striker when required. Surely he should take control at change of formation.. Sorry JP ask Lowey to change it now please it may well be too late. Coach for christ sake..

I like Jan and I think he's doing an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. I can't see Lowe sacking him as there really is no alternative.

Would be interested in your definition of "excellent" and would like to know what adjective you would use if we were on top of the League - serious question.

The players have no belief, for F**KS sake is it not his job to do that? His interviews after the last few games are appearing to be more & more desperate, & the loaning out of more experienced players the obvious way he not allowed to play certain players is also not allowing him any latitude to change thing's even if he could.

Guest Hacienda
It's great you and your clan of mindless idiots led by alpine are so open to other opinions and thoughts. Well done.

I like Jan, he's a nice bloke but he's out of his depth.

Just goes to show how poor the bottom of this league is.

Jan is out of his depth, with a squad terribly lacking both quality and cover, yet we are still only in the drop zone by goal difference.

In some way's that makes things even more tragic. We could so easily be much higher up the table.

If we'd kept Pearson...

If anyone had given the slightest thought to our defence...

If we'd kept (and played) just one of Rasiak, John or Saganowski...

I'm hoping he'll have a "Keegan/England/Last Wembley Match" moment, do the decent thing, recognise he aint Superman, fall on his sword, and humilliate Lowe and his failed strategy.

Wouldn't that be something.

The best thing about it would be that would bring down Lowe as well - his position would be completely untenable, especially as bottler Wilde would capitulate pretty quick if the fans mobilised into the Jan-less vacuum.

There are plenty of available managers that would be delighted to manager Southampton football club.

And we only need one, and one that stops pretending "our boys" are Ajax in disguise and starts getting the team fit, disciplined and organised.

We can dream.

Worst thead ever. If Lowe sacks Poortvliet before christmas I'll go support P*mpey, it's pointless, Lowe's ego is far too large to backtrack on his golden appointment. So, no matter how many people or how many times you say Poorman is useless it's not going to change anything. So, go take your frustrations out by ****ing the missus instead of whining like some old bags on an internet forum.

Wouldn't that be something.

The best thing about it would be that would bring down Lowe as well - his position would be completely untenable, especially as bottler Wilde would capitulate pretty quick if the fans mobilised into the Jan-less vacuum.

There are plenty of available managers that would be delighted to manager Southampton football club.

And we only need one, and one that stops pretending "our boys" are Ajax in disguise and starts getting the team fit, disciplined and organised.

We can dream.

CBF I'm not sure if you've been drowning your sorrows or whether it's tongue in cheek or you're just as fed up as the majority?

CBF I'm not sure if you've been drowning your sorrows or whether it's tongue in cheek or you're just as fed up as the majority?

I've been fed up for a while.

I didn't want Lowe back, but thought he would probably keep Pearson on because a) he seemed like a Lowe type manager and b) Pearson was popular, so it would be a sensible thing for unpopular Lowe to keep Pearson on. A bloody no-brainer, if you like.

As soon as JP was appointed I knew this was all going to end in tears because this was an idiotic and arrogant appointment by Lowe.

JP is a nice chap and I have no doubt he is sweating blood for the club. But so would I and I have zero qualifications to manage the club either.

Lowe out, and sorry, JP out. Said it plenty of times on here lately, and will continue to do so.

Out, out, out.

Same old crap from JP I'm afraid, we played some nice football blah, blah, blah. Thats all very well but if we continue to get well beaten most weeks,we might aswell go into adminstration and take the deduction in points.

Theirs nothing wrong with playing the kids but they've got no confidence and its alright JP continuing with this formation but its only heading one way, the difference to last season is that their is no fight in the team, and thats very worrying.

Worst thead ever. If Lowe sacks Poortvliet before christmas I'll go support P*mpey, it's pointless, Lowe's ego is far too large to backtrack on his golden appointment. So, no matter how many people or how many times you say Poorman is useless it's not going to change anything. So, go take your frustrations out by ****ing the missus instead of whining like some old bags on an internet forum.

She went to bed with a sore throat.

She didn't accept my proposal would cure her sore throat.

So, you'll have to listen to my whining :D

I am slowly but surely falling out of love with this club. And this is not due to the team, manager,boardroom or staff. It is the effing fans I can not stand anymore. Everyones calling for those that left after our terrible previous season to be brought back.... hang on weren't these players that everyone wanted out of the club now suddenly these same players will save us? If we were to get a new manager hypothetically and all that, have most fans actually realised that they would the new manager would have the same squad? In fact I'm sure with a new manager there is a greater chance of the likes of lallana and surman leaving. Many fans at the start of the season, apart from those who, like lowe, think the board comes before the actual team, said they would support the young lads because they would need the support unless we were adrift at the foot of the table. Now, many fans will now say give it time, we will soon be adrift etc but thats hardly giving them support is it. This team is capable of staying up but the fans are going to actually support not moan.

i see one hope , and its not Bob, and that is to change to 4-4-2 now.

What ever Jan says all the players grew up with it and it would hopefully stop us being swamped in midfield as the other sides fullbacks would be more occupied.

Stop bring everyone back at corners leave 3 up front , call the other teams bluff, they will leave 4 back.

Send Forecast, Roberson, Peckhart, Pullis, Gasimi etc back or out on loan (most of them never play) and use the saving to get a bricksh"t centre half in the Lucketti mould.

I know some will say we are paying them peanuts but they must be costing at least £30k per year each, get rid of 4/5 to fund 1 or even 2 MEN.

Choices are there we are just be run to prove one mans ego, it is time Guy Askham and HIS GANG, gained some backbone, like they did over Hoddle, and tell Rupert that his way will not work.

Guest Hacienda
i see one hope ' date=' and its not Bob, and that is to change to 4-4-2 now.[/quote']

Fans have been saying that since week 1 but what would we know about our own domestic league?

I am slowly but surely falling out of love with this club. And this is not due to the team, manager,boardroom or staff. It is the effing fans I can not stand anymore. Everyones calling for those that left after our terrible previous season to be brought back.... hang on weren't these players that everyone wanted out of the club now suddenly these same players will save us? If we were to get a new manager hypothetically and all that, have most fans actually realised that they would the new manager would have the same squad? In fact I'm sure with a new manager there is a greater chance of the likes of lallana and surman leaving. Many fans at the start of the season, apart from those who, like lowe, think the board comes before the actual team, said they would support the young lads because they would need the support unless we were adrift at the foot of the table. Now, many fans will now say give it time, we will soon be adrift etc but thats hardly giving them support is it. This team is capable of staying up but the fans are going to actually support not moan.

Oh of course everything bad that has happened to Saints is the fans fault.

As for your first point,NP had the team playing better than they were and i think given time,he couldve done something with us this season.

You say with a new manager the likes of Surman and Lallana might go?Well dont hold your breath,because come January you can bet Lowe will sell them anyway.

Still i bet you blame the fans for that as well?

Can't wait for this one.....

Shock .... Horror ........ he said things we were not even aware of .......

.. " we were never dangerous, and did not have the firepower to create anything ............... to avoid Relegation, we must turn the boys into men, and they do not have enough experience ..... It is winning that counts, and we must start winning ...... "

Well, there you have it .... I've only been watching Football for over 50 years, and his comments have come as an absolute shock.

Jan ........ why not say all that to Rupert Lowe ???????????

Lowe has got rid of any and every player we did have that could score GOALS .......... so don't bleat on about lack of "firepower"

Lowe was the one that was adamant that Saints would field a Team of Youngsters .... despite MANY seasoned Pro Football people warning him against that route

DONT anyone try to blame Saints plight on the UK's Recession .......... because Saints have been in Recession for Quite some time........... having Lowe and Wilde back were the final Two nails

We have now been "asset stripped" of most of the Players that could be sold for money, and in the January Sales, we will lose aprox HALF of the current First Team, for knock down, "accept any price" sales

WHY ????????

To allow Lowe's pitiful attempts at keeping the wolf from the door to be played out to the last.

WHY ?????????

Because Lowe is NEVER wrong

Bring on Administration I say ....... Lowe is only doing what an ADMINISTRATOR would be told by a Bank to do ......... WHY prolong the agaony

"Business's" can only survive and recover if they have a level playing field to launch a recovery from .................Saints struggling on with ever rising debts is simply like Pi**ng into the wind

Accept the inevitable NOW Lowe & Wilde ......... and leave what remains of our Club FOREVER

Oh of course everything bad that has happened to Saints is the fans fault.

As for your first point,NP had the team playing better than they were and i think given time,he couldve done something with us this season.

You say with a new manager the likes of Surman and Lallana might go?Well dont hold your breath,because come January you can bet Lowe will sell them anyway.

Still i bet you blame the fans for that as well?

Where in my response do I blame the fans for everything? I believe that fans are compounding the problem with their constant negativity. Not ONCE this season has there been a moment where ALL the fans have been pushing the team to succeed. That is FACT. Even after our cup win against Birmingham where things were looking good a minority of fans were still been ultimately negative. Some may say they were been realistic but miracles can occur, look at Hull playing well and Spurs despite splashing the cash still rock bottom. In Australia, we support our sporting teams through thick and thin, hence why we overachieve in most of our sports. In football our recently formed A-League has a team in the Asian Champion league final, a spot well beyond their technical ability and with a rather inept manager. Aussies know that we are arrogant sh*ts but at least we support our clubs through thick and thin, without pessism but rather optimism

Where in my response do I blame the fans for everything? I believe that fans are compounding the problem with their constant negativity. Not ONCE this season has there been a moment where ALL the fans have been pushing the team to succeed. That is FACT. Even after our cup win against Birmingham where things were looking good a minority of fans were still been ultimately negative. Some may say they were been realistic but miracles can occur, look at Hull playing well and Spurs despite splashing the cash still rock bottom. In Australia, we support our sporting teams through thick and thin, hence why we overachieve in most of our sports. In football our recently formed A-League has a team in the Asian Champion league final, a spot well beyond their technical ability and with a rather inept manager. Aussies know that we are arrogant sh*ts but at least we support our clubs through thick and thin, without pessism but rather optimism

Shela stop whinning like them pommies, pop another tinnie and if you love the old Saints try and get to some games at least.

Tell your old uncle Lowey to sod off and take his crew with him. You know it makes sense.

Shela stop whinning like them pommies, pop another tinnie and if you love the old Saints try and get to some games at least.

Tell your old uncle Lowey to sod off and take his crew with him. You know it makes sense.

Was that a joke? Ummm I live in Sydney just to point out which is far more globalised then Southampton tbf. I've never used the word shela in my life and clearly you have actually never been here which puts you in a position where all racial tensions are stemmed from, stereotyping.

Was that a joke? Ummm I live in Sydney just to point out which is far more globalised then Southampton tbf. I've never used the word shela in my life and clearly you have actually never been here which puts you in a position where all racial tensions are stemmed from, stereotyping.

Yes, BRUCE, I have been to your good old Sydney and many other parts of good old Ozz.

Have you ever been to the good old Dell or St Marys? I would not reckon it at the moment, that is St Marys but some rubbish houses at the old Dell to view.

Take a joke mate, take a running Kangaroo jump you old bore.

Lighten up..Forgot your a Sheela or a Brucie..

I am off out now to shoot some more Roos. Don't bother to reply its all WHOoooooooosh... COYR

Love The Saints, not Lowey or Wildey but if you truly support the red and whites then after The Lavendar Hill mob have been sent packing we may just save our season.

Have A nice Day....Sorry thats Uncle Sam.

You did great in the olympics guys. :rolleyes:

If it wasn't obvious before it is now, our lads haven't the faintest idea what Poortvleit is on about; now they can't even be bothered to try to work it out. He has lost them.

For goodness sake get him out before it's too late.

JAN you seem to be a nice bloke, you know you are out of your depth over here so please save us any more agony and b*gger off back to The Netherlands

Possibly because Hull have a good Manager in charge who is getting the BEST out of his Squad, wheras Spurs had a Krap Manager, with Krap tactics, ending with Krap results

When you make so many changes per week, that you have to introduce the Team to one another every Match, then you have no chance of building a TEAM

Saints have an "untried" Manager, who, unfortunately, has had most of the decent players sold, and is left with Young players that are NOT good enough to play at this level ... YET

Most of us can see that ......... all except Lowelife

"...because we had a lot of possession but never really looked dangerous", according to Jan Poortvliet.

Did he really say that? The match stats gave possession 60/40 in Swansea's favour. Either he was watching something else or this was the output of Saints' PR machine. The league table shows the problem very clearly; can't score goals, can't stop conceding them. I said at the start of the season that after a few defeats and being muscled out of games, a lot of these kids would lose their confidence very quickly.

I have watched Saints for over 40 years and it saddens me to witness the club being demolished by those entrusted (rightly or wrongly) with its stewardship.

i saw a quote this morning from Jan the man stating we had no fire power and never looked like scoring well... if we do insist in getting rid of 2 20 goal a season strikers (rasiak and John) then what do you expect.

I know the money is tight but we really are stupid!

Its so hard being a saints fan at the mo we really havent had anything to smile about for a while have we. lets hope pompey get relegated nowharry has gone