Preston Build up

Dazza82

Ok ill be expecting some changes for this as we have got two big away games coming up. Does anyone Know if Harding is still injured or will he feature in this?

If Not i think we will be something like this

========Bialkowski========

Richardson=Martin=Hooiveld=Dickson

De Ridder=Schneiderlin=Chaplow=Holmes

======Forte===Hoskins======

Subs

Davis, Fonte, Reeves,Dean,Hammond,Lambert, Ward-Prowse

========Bialkowski========

Richardson=Martin=Hooiveld=Reeves

De Ridder=Schneiderlin=Chaplow=Holmes

======Forte===Lambert======

i'd start with lambert get into a winning postion then take him off for a youngster he shouldnt be tired and in need of resting.

will be intresting to see how jos copes with the big fat lump mellor who ain't doing to bad, should be a good physical test for him.

-------------------------------BART---------------------------

RICHARDSON------MARTIN------HOOIVELD------HARDING

DE RIDDER----.---MORGAN------CHAPLOW-------HOLMES

-------------------------GULY------FORTE--------------------

Subs: Davis, Fox, Fonte, Cork, Hammond, Lallana, Lambert

Preston will put out a strong team, they're having a disappointing season and Phil Brown has a point to prove to keep his job. As much as I would like to see us blood some youth players, a cup run would be nice.

Edited by SuperMikey

My team:

------------------ Bart --------------------

Butters ---- Martin --- Hooiveld ---- Harding

De Ridder -- Morgan -- Chaplow ----- Isgrove

---------- Lambert ---- Forte --------------

Yes, I would start Isgrove, I rate him that highly.

Agreed Colin, I would like to see him at least on the bench.

Preston will put out a strong team

They didn't in the last round, Phil Brown called it the "battle of the squads" with him making 8 changes from their last League One game and Charlton making 11 changes. He will probably do the same against us.

He hints heavily here that he will do the same on Wednesday...

http://www.pnefc.net/articles/20110918/brentford-reaction-phil-brown_2264038_2455269/0,,10362~2455269~1,00.html

they're having a disappointing season

Are they? They are 6th, won their last six games in all competitions and are only 4 points behind top spot with a game in hand.

Fox

He is cup tied.

Edited by Matthew Le God

They didn't in the last round, Phil Brown called it the "battle of the squads" with him making 8 changes from their last League One game and Charlton making 11 changes. He will probably do the same against us.

He hints heavily here that he will do the same on Wednesday...

http://www.pnefc.net/articles/20110918/brentford-reaction-phil-brown_2264038_2455269/0,,10362~2455269~1,00.html

Are they? They are 6th, won their last six games in all competitions and are only 4 points behind top spot with a game in hand.

He is cup tied.

Thanks Matt, for correcting my ways. I can only apologise.

From talking to several PNE fans they seem to want out of the Carling Cup and to concentrate on the league. Phil Brown has rotated his squad for the Carling Cup game against Charlton and they out-played a (much changed) Charlton. It looks like he'll do the same. They are doing okay in League One at the minute but they have a fragile defence and they are hoping that Adkins rests Lambert & Lallana.

Looking forward to seeing De Ridder start a game.

I'm going to the Emirates tomorrow with my mate who supports Shrews. Good opportunity to see the stadium I thought. This means it's nailed on both us and Arsenal will win this week and we'll draw them away in the last 16.

I'm going to the Emirates tomorrow with my mate who supports Shrews. Good opportunity to see the stadium I thought. This means it's nailed on both us and Arsenal will win this week and we'll draw them away in the last 16.

Hardly looking forward to it that much then??

Team for me...

Bart

Richardson Martin Hooiveld Dickson

De Ridder Morgan Chappers Holmes

Lallana

Lambert

Its a shame that barnard, Butterfield, and Harding cant feature... lets hope they can. For me forward players with confidence and goals play so much better, hense starting lambo and lallana

Hardly looking forward to it that much then??

Arsenal game is on Tuesday, Saints vs Preston is on Wednesday.

Bart

Butterfield - Hooiveld - Martin - Dickson

De Ridder - Morgan - Chaplow - Holmes

Forte - Lambert

Sounds like they'll be resting a few players. Would like to see a clean sheet, despite our great start to the season we've only managed 1 so far this season in all comps. Having said that, my prediction is 3-1 Saints.

Make that 2 clean sheets, forgot Millwall!

Srtictly speaking this is Burnley build up but I want to share. They seem to be fielding, bar Austin, more or less a full strength team against MK Dons today and are currently 0-1 down at home :-)

According to the beeb the Dons have a No18 called Baldock playing didn't they sell him to Westham? Still a good sign if a full strength Burnley are struggling against the Dons......

I particularly like this quote from NA in his pre-match interview on the OS ""You need competition for places and we have that here. We aren't going to achieve what we want to achieve which is to get back to the upper echelons of the Premier League with just eleven players, you need a strong squad."

Got a bit confused, sorry. Bet your laughing at the Arse as we speak.

I was at the start, Shrews could have been 2 up. Second half was a stroll for Arsenal though. Good goal from Chamberlain, he played pretty well.

Would love it if we got them away in the next round. Shrews must have had 4000 there tonight and made a fairly decent noise but Arsenal are so quiet we'd outsing them all night.

It will be interesting to see some of our squad get a run out looking forward to seeing De Ridder play a full game Morgan needs a game after what happened in the Forest game he needs 90 mins & a good performance it will do Chappers a bit of good having a full game as well.

I am not sure who will get the nod up front with Barnard injured we dont seem to have many options I guess Forte will play but we will need Lambo DC & Lallana on the bench.

I hope we can continue with our home record Preston are going well in League 1 so will be no pushovers but I would like to think we will turn them over I am going for the obligatory 3.1 to the mighty Saints

Gonna be tough tonight. They aren't pushovers and have a very good side.

We won't see their 1st team tonight, it will be a tie against the squad players from a League One team. Phil Brown has confirmed Preston will be fielding a reserve side tonight, as they did in previous rounds. For example against Charlton in round two they made 8 changes from there previous league game. Charlton made 10 chances in that game and was described by Brown as the "battle of the squads". Saint's squad players should see off Preston's easily... (we hope)