Jimmy Savile

sperm_john

Saville wasn't the first, won't be the last well known personality carrying on and getting away with the abuse. I recall the Stones, in particular Charlie Watts indecently assaulting under age school girls during concerts in Southampton. Even Cilla Black prior to her concert with the Beatles was having a real laugh stuffing her hand down underage schoolboys trouser fronts at the stage door. No one said anything back then and I tend to think the times have changed. This has to be the reason the likes of Saville got away with all he is supposed to have done.

Love your suggestion hypochondriac, been a long time since the dead were dug up and hanged for their crimes. :)

I don't have a view on whether he did this or not as I haven't paid great attention to the story. However, it was a very different world back then and there were very different attitudes to sexualisation of children (Brooke Shields, Jodie Foster, etc.). And that's before we get to the 16yo page 3 girls and "art" photographers like David Hamilton & Sally Mann. Stars like Saville had a huge amount of power, as witnessed by his ability to raise money for charity and his status on TV. And child abuse is all about exploiting power whether that's a teacher, scout leader, parent, or TV/rock star. So many allegations from the 60s/70s catalogue abuse that went on for decades.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2212445/Gary-Glitter-sex-underage-girl-Jimmy-Saviles-BBC-dressing-room.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-mailonline

Gary Glitter 'had sex with underage girl in Jimmy Savile's BBC dressing room'

Woman who claims she was abused by Jimmy Savile says she saw Gary Glitter having sex with an underage girl in the presenter's dressing room

Karin Ward appears in the documentary 'Exposure: The Other Side Of Jimmy Savile', which airs on ITV tonight

Claims come after footage of Glitter performing on Jim'll Fix It in 1991 emerged online

Can't find it. What was her reaction?

"

Childline founder Esther Rantzen, a BBC broadcaster and long-time campaigner against child abuse, has admitted she

had heard rumours about the behaviour of flamboyant entertainer Jimmy Savile.

Ms Rantzen, who appears in an ITV documentary tonight which claims Sir Jimmy sexually abused schoolgirls as

young as 12, said: "There were always rumours that he behaved very inappropriately, sexually, with children."

She said: "For the first time there's more than one single child complaining.

"There are five adult women producing very similar statements about the way they were attacked."

ALSO

Broadcaster Paul Gambaccini said this week he had been waiting 30 years for the allegations to come out

and the star had used his high-profile and successful charity work to stop claims being exposed.

"

Childline founder Esther Rantzen, a BBC broadcaster and long-time campaigner against child abuse, has admitted she

had heard rumours about the behaviour of flamboyant entertainer Jimmy Savile.

Ms Rantzen, who appears in an ITV documentary tonight which claims Sir Jimmy sexually abused schoolgirls as

young as 12, said: "There were always rumours that he behaved very inappropriately, sexually, with children."

She said: "For the first time there's more than one single child complaining.

"There are five adult women producing very similar statements about the way they were attacked."

ALSO

Broadcaster Paul Gambaccini said this week he had been waiting 30 years for the allegations to come out

and the star had used his high-profile and successful charity work to stop claims being exposed.

What is surprising about that reaction?

What is surprising about that reaction?

Not surprising, interesting. She broke down in tears after seeing the statements and said words to the effect of; "God.... we were complicit....."

Seemingly so many people turned a blind eye. She must have been one of them, not realising the scale and consistency of behaviour.

Not surprising, interesting. She broke down in tears after seeing the statements and said words to the effect of; "God.... we were complicit....."

Seemingly so many people turned a blind eye. She must have been one of them, not realising the scale and consistency of behaviour.

Yep, the most revealing aspect of the interview was not what she said (per se) but the alarmed 'penny dropping' expression on her face as she watched clips of the documentary. You could palpably see several pieces of jigsaw slotting into place in her mind.

I was in the 'benefit of doubt' camp before the documentary but I don't think there's much room for doubt anymore after watching it last night.

I always thought he was a prime candidate as a paedo. I have watched a little of last nights programme and do wonder how the girls after being molested still went back time and again. Surely they must have known it was wrong and hardly forced to go back.

As for the adults who were interviewed and saw the evidence and said nothing, they are complicit and deserve to be outcast.

I always thought he was a prime candidate as a paedo. I have watched a little of last nights programme and do wonder how the girls after being molested still went back time and again. Surely they must have known it was wrong and hardly forced to go back.

As for the adults who were interviewed and saw the evidence and said nothing, they are complicit and deserve to be outcast.

Svengali type character?

We should dig up the corpse and posthumously hang him ASAP.

Funny how these sorts of people seek out positions of power working with children...and perhaps invent girlfriends on forums to look normal...defend nonce behaviour on said forum...

Should we still be letting him rest in peace?

They're children, and they do what they are told by adults, particularly charismatic, famous, powerful adults. Much more innocent time back then, there wasn't really a huge focus on stranger danger and paedophiles (the latter probably only really came to the fore after the Sarah Payne murder). Unfortunately its an all too familiar pattern.

Funny how these sorts of people seek out positions of power working with children...and perhaps invent girlfriends on forums to look normal...defend nonce behaviour on said forum...

Should we still be letting him rest in peace?

I for one admire hypo's impassioned defence of a late TV entertainer accused of child abuse.

He must know a lot more than those women who pretty much all accused him of the same thing.

Still, because this didn't emerge as a story during his lifetime ( sounds like people wanted to go public ) then we should probably just leave it.

From hypo's point-of-view, all the women that complained are probably imaginary.

I for one admire hypo's impassioned defence of a late TV entertainer accused of child abuse.

He must know a lot more than those women who pretty much all accused him of the same thing.

Still, because this didn't emerge as a story during his lifetime ( sounds like people wanted to go public ) then we should probably just leave it.

From hypo's point-of-view, all the women that complained are probably imaginary.

Very snidey and a bit low if I may say. I have no idea if he was guilty of the offences he is accused of or not - and neither do you. Its very easy to join lynch mobs - especially ones formed post mortem when the other side of the story cant be told. A bit pathetic to point the finger at those who refuse to join in the lynching too.

Originally Posted by pap

Very snidey and a bit low if I may say. I have no idea if he was guilty of the offences he is accused of or not - and neither do you. Its very easy to join lynch mobs - especially ones formed post mortem when the other side of the story cant be told. A bit pathetic to point the finger at those who refuse to join in the lynching too.

I agree and like me you have to have a open mind.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

for such a liberal...you clearly use the "innocent until proven guilty" when it suits

Watched Exposure yet? It's not judicial proof but there are a number of people, not just the alleged victims, going on record. Two real possibilities from this. Either all of these people have decided to add their weight to an untrue story in a grand conspiracy ( what do they get out of it, btw? ) or the accusations have some basis in truth.

As for mob mentality / lynching - you're right to point that out, but do at least try self-apply that if you want to sound credible when making the point. I can remember a few occasions when you've ploughed right in with the mob.

he is guilty as sin....IN MY OPINON

what is sad, is that all these people that kept quiet probably allowed him to rape others....

for such a liberal...you clearly use the "innocent until proven guilty" when it suits

Super contribution as always, TDD.

Not really sure I like the term "liberal" though. What are you if I'm that?

Watched Exposure yet? It's not judicial proof but there are a number of people, not just the alleged victims, going on record. Two real possibilities from this. Either all of these people have decided to add their weight to an untrue story in a grand conspiracy ( what do they get out of it, btw? ) or the accusations have some basis in truth.

As for mob mentality / lynching - you're right to point that out, but do at least try self-apply that if you want to sound credible when making the point. I can remember a few occasions when you've ploughed right in with the mob.

Watched Witchhunt yet? or 'In the Name of the Children' ?

http://www.witchhuntmovie.com/exonerated.html

http://www.precisionclaims.co.uk/services/abuse-claims/false-accusations

Yes I've given my personal opinion on matters which are entirely down to personal opinion, issues when you've happened to have been in the minority. Thats what discussion boards are for. Bit different to condemning a man for crimes when you know none of the facts and then making personal accusations against someone who doesnt take the same easy view.

Edited by buctootim

http://www.criminal-injuries.co.uk/compensation-for-sexual-abuse.html

Yes I've given my personal opinion on matters which are entirely down to personal opinion, issues when you've happened to have been in the minority. Thats what discussion boards are for. Bit different to condemning a man for crimes when you know none of the facts and then making personal accusations against someone who doesnt take the same easy view.

I haven't seen Witch Hunt yet. Does it comprehensively debunk all of the personal accounts in the Exposure TV programme?

Cheers buctootim, I know we have our differences but I appreciate that. To make suggestions that I am a paedophile due to my job, even if said in jest is pretty pathetic. Par for the course though a d that is why more needs to be Done to change the horrible suspicions that men are under by some when they work in childcare

Exactly. Whilst some of the allegations were of concern on the face of it, the show had parts that made me feel uncomfortable with the policeman clearly having an agenda and asking leading questions. I suspect he may have been guilty of some crimes but I am not I will possession of all the facts.

Cheers buctootim, I know we have our differences but I appreciate that. To make suggestions that I am a paedophile due to my job, even if said in jest is pretty pathetic. Par for the course though a d that is why more needs to be Done to change the horrible suspicions that men are under by some when they work in childcare

Cool your jets, hypo. No-one is accusing you of being a paedo.

I am accusing you of inventing girlfriends, which isn't even punishable by law.

On a more serious note, I also find your attitude a little puzzling or at the very least, premature in the light of the more detailed allegations that everybody knew was coming.

Cool your jets, hypo. No-one is accusing you of being a paedo.

I am accusing you of inventing girlfriends, which isn't even punishable by law.

On a more serious note, I also find your attitude a little puzzling or at the very least, premature in the light of the more detailed allegations that everybody knew was coming.

I suggest you read Johnny boy's post. I wasn't referring to you.

Nah, it's alright - I understand now.

buctootim only takes the hump if it's me that says something that he considers offensive :D

I havent got the hump! Its just wannabe scouse midgets with imaginary daughters pointing the finger and swinging their dicks get on my tits. ;)

I havent got the hump! Its just wannabe scouse midgets with imaginary daughters pointing the finger and swinging their dicks get on my tits. ;)

Translation: pap gets on my tits. I'm not brave enough to have a go at JonnyBoy.

Translation: pap gets on my tits. I'm not brave enough to have a go at JonnyBoy.

Why's that pap? Is Jonnyboy more mentally agile than you? Do you think I fear his ripostes more? Or is it that you appear to have 'shout my mouth off and put people down but cry when others do it to me even jokingly syndrome'. What a shame.

Edited by buctootim

Why's that pap? Is Jonnyboy more mentally agile than you? Do you think I fear his ripostes more? Or is it that you appear to have 'shout my mouth off and put people down but cry when others do it to me even jokingly syndrome'. What a shame.

While proficient in many things, getting to the bottom of other posters' fears is slightly outside my comfort zone.

Only you can tell us why you ignored Jonnyboy's post and chose to weigh in on my follow-up instead.

I'm all ears, babes x

Because I was staying on topic perchance? Replying to your post on the Jimmy Savile thread that was about Jimmy Savile rather than going off on a tangent in replying to Jonnyboy's post that was about somebody else - which incidentally I didnt know who he was getting at until hypo responded. Still dont let me deprive you of nursing that little grievance of yours.

Because I was staying on topic perchance? Replying to your post on the Jimmy Savile thread that was about Jimmy Savile rather than going off on a tangent in replying to Jonnyboy's post that was about somebody else - which incidentally I didnt know who he was getting at until hypo responded. Still dont let me deprive you of nursing that little grievance of yours.

Grievance? You have me all wrong, sir. I admit I like arguing with you though. I wrote a couple of weeks ago that I was looking forward to you having a bad day. Seems that day has arrived!

C'mon Tim, what else do you have for me? Are you going to stick with imaginary daughters and the backhanded character assassination or are you going to twist and try for something new?

I do so love you when you're snarky!

I dont doubt you have a daughter, I remember seeing the pic. I dont doubt hypo has a girlfriend

The point is that you can put a malign filter on anything. That girl in the pic was just somebody you met at a match but posted up to pretend you had a life, or maybe she was some 15 year old you were grooming. The odd thing about your posting style pap is that on the big macro issues you are very liberal but on the individual level very quick to pass judgment, based on very little. Maybe the beliefs in conspiracies follows though into assuming posters, or indeed everyone in general is trying to hide something.

Saville was never convicted of a crime and is now dead, so can not defend himself. Not knowing one way or the other, I'd rather stick to the innocent until proved guilty camp, if that's ok with some of the witchhfinder generals on here. Innocent until proven guilty is the solid foundations that underpin a civilised justice system and it should apply to the dead as well as the living.

Why is it that the media and popular culture fawn over the memory of Michael Jackson, yet trash this guy. Maybe it's down to the multi million pound Jackson brand that can afford it's teams of highly paid lawyers, as oppossed to some sad werido with no family. What about Pete Townsend, who now seems to be a national treasure.Perhaps Jimmy was touching up these nippers because he was reseaching a book.

I'm not playing down what happened to these children (if it did), but I find it strange that the girl who alledged Glitters involvement didn't come forward when Glitter was convicted previously.