Not nice - Saints fan Paula found

Master Bates

Have to say I was hovering gover the keyboard about what to write. I heard the news late last night from a mate coming back from football who gets off the train at Swanwick. I knew Paula for years and worked with both her and her husband Rick who is also a steward.

Not sure what to say really, I feel a bit numb

I just logged on to get views about last night's game but it all seems a bit irrelevant now compared to this news.

I didn't know Paula but obviously a number of you on this site do and, although I know any words at the moment are not going to be of much comfort, my greatest sympathy and condolences to all who did and obviously to those close to her.

God, how awful.

Was talking about her to a near neighbour at the game last night. His wife is a steward as well and he has taken this news hard, even though he doesn't actually know Paula that well.

Sincere condolences to the family.

i am in complete shock .......

i know Paula and Ricky through stewarding at the stadium...

i really don't think ANYONE expected this outcome, deep down i think we were all hoping that she'd just gone on holiday or something......

this just seems like a bad dream........:(

my heart and thoughts go out to those who were closest to her,especially Ricky......

x x

Edited by saint boggy

Devastating news , and deepest condolences to Paula's family.

What do fans feel about a minutes silence at the next home game?

(Master Bates, could you please change your avatar for this thread. It isn't appropriate here, I feel.)

Like the majority, I didn't know Paula. But there's a big chance I've seen her at SMS doing her job. You see people in their various walks of life and barely give them a thought. And then it comes home to you that we're all easily vulnerable and can suffer. There's a whole load of us today who are sad to hear of this news, but we'll go on with our lives. But Paula's life is ended - I won't even contemplate how; and her family's life is shattered. How do they pick themselves up from this..? R.I.P. Paula, just doesn't seem enough. I feel so sorry for that poor woman and her family. I just hope they know we all feel that.

I walk down that road every day at 7:30am and 6pm to swanick station. Stopped to help the police yesterday as i had seen a car parked there since monday. Im shocked that something like this could happen so close to were i live.

Thoughts go out to her family and friends at this terrible time

R.I.P

is it me just being slightly over-sensitive (as i was friends with Paula) or does anyone else think it a bit out of order that there is no mention of this terrible news on the OS???

Paula worked for the club for donkey's years, you would think that they would've released some sort of statement or something........

am i just being too sensitive :smt102

is it me just being slightly over-sensitive (as i was friends with Paula) or does anyone else think it a bit out of order that there is no mention of this terrible news on the OS???

Paula worked for the club for donkey's years, you would think that they would've released some sort of statement or something........

am i just being too sensitive :smt102

I don't think so, she was obviously well known. After all, I can't make it to that many games but I recognised her when I saw the picture.

A minutes silence at the next game would not be out of order I feel. It would increase awareness of the crime that has occured and offer the appropriate respects to her family.

Does anybody feel, from media coverage both yesterday and today, that maybe her husband might be involved in her death?

There seems to be a linking of two statements. That her home, which she shared with her husband is being searched and then that a 52 year old Fareham man is being interviewed in connection.

A very sad scenario, no matter what.

R.I.P. Paula

Does anybody feel, from media coverage both yesterday and today, that maybe her husband might be involved in her death?

There seems to be a linking of two statements. That her home, which she shared with her husband is being searched and then that a 52 year old Fareham man is being interviewed in connection.

R.I.P. Paula

tbh with you, i think most murder investigations always (rightly or wrongly) centre around the partner at first....i honestly believe (and pray to God ) that he had nothing to do with it.

have just checked the Echo website and it says that a 2nd Fareham man has been arrested in connection......will just have to watch and wait i'm afraid : (

terrible times for all involved

R.I.P. Paula

Read the Daily Echo website. Reported massive row 3am night before disappearance, neighbour reported many noisy rows mostly early hours. Maybe one or other coming in late, just conjecture.