Are we better off than when Crouch was here?

Channon's Sideburns

Morph if i pay your fiver will you grant me ITK status?

I await you decision in 24 hours time.:smt001

But then you would know my identity.

That would not be a wise move in the present cicumstances.

But thank you for your kind offer

Regards

Morph

Not being funny but why? Pearson was involved as assistant manager to England under 21s.

He also introduced several youngsters last season remember Lallana was our goalscorer away at West Brom last season - he had been missed a chunk of the season with a re-occuring calf injury so youngsters were being picked.

And of course you have these quotes from Pearson a few months back which hardly make him out to be a dinosaur and backward looking when it comes to youth.

"A lot of my background is working with youngsters. I worked with the England youth teams for three years and I see the Academy as a massive part of the club.

I have worked at clubs where the academy and first-team are separate entities and not integrated at all and those clubs are the poorer for it.

If you put the right effort into recruiting and developing the right players then it can save the club a lot of money on transfer fees."

And as for whether he knew of and/or could deal with the financial situation we find ourselves in, I think the answer to the following question also makes it clear that he was aware of our predicament (and willing to work within some tough parameters).

"Is it hopeless or are there ways we can improve the team to get back in the Premier League? Can we do it through wheeling and dealing or the youth team or is it hopeless?"

"It will be a combination. The reality is there will be comings and goings, there is no doubt about that.

Economics will play a part and there will be some natural wastage as players come to the end of their contracts. Then it will be a case of finding players who fit the bill.

We need a side capable of getting success but which fits in with the financial situation. But we are not going to be splashing fortunes on players.

Even in the short time I have been here, I have been looking to see if we can get players on loan. Short-term is the immediate priority but I am looking long-term too."

Not being funny but why? Pearson was involved as assistant manager to England under 21s.

He also introduced several youngsters last season remember Lallana was our goalscorer away at West Brom last season - he had been missed a chunk of the season with a re-occuring calf injury so youngsters were being picked.

No it's a good question and as I thought it was very shabby to get shot of Pearson whether or not he was under contact. The last match of the season will be a fond memory for a long time to come.

I was merely wondering whether he wouldn't go along with Lowe's plans for this season ie selling all the established players. I wouldn't blame him if he wouldn't.

My main point was and is still - Could Leon Crouch have run the club much longer without driving it into the wall? I think not.

But then you would know my identity.

That would not be a wise move in the present cicumstances.

But thank you for your kind offer

Regards

Morph

Morph there was no need to issue the challenge as your i.d is not exactly a secret. I don't know it yet though, but i know someone who does.

I suspect that the credit crunch has really bitten in to "Scouser Mike". Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect that Leon is now readying himself for the kill. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect that Leon has now got his team positioned. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect that Barclays are more confident in the new team. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect tht Lowe, Cowen, Wilde are history. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

But I have met Anthony Salz on a few occasions

COYR

Kindest Regards

Morph

forgive me if I have this wrong -but was it you who launched into a load of abuse against Cowen several months ago -saying that him and Lowe were definately not returning?

Would we be better off with Leon Crouch rather than Lowe & Wilde ?

In Spanish and Italian, say "Sí."

If French say "Oui"

In German, Dutch and Norwegian it is "Ja"

In Portuguese and Cape-Verdean Creole it is "Sim."

In Hebrew it is "Ken."

In Irish is is "Tá."

In Esperanto it is "Jes."

In Japanese is is "Hai."

In Swahili it is "Ndiyo."

In Hindi say "Haa'n."

In Tagalog, say "Oo."

In Mandarin say "Shi"

In Persian say "Baleh" or "Areh."

In Armenian say a-yo

In Icelandic, say "Já"

Not really the hardest question that's ever been asked on here .

Despite all that will we ever know the real answer? I think this is a question of the grass always looks greener ............... or something similar in whatever language you choose!

TBF John if we all accepted what is currently on offer we deserve everything we get. NOW is the time to make it abundantly clear that Lowe and Wilde are not the future of this club...

I do care who is in charge because that is the catalyst for WHERE we end up in the next year or so.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - pity many on here didn't stop to think about what was round the corner when they welcomed the return of their 'saviour Lord Lowe' a short few months ago.

It doesnt matter who is in charge the issue is there is NO MONEY AND WE ARE IN DEBT therefore unless we get bought by a philanthrapist willing to spend millions on us, we cant afford more than the current youth team we have! so we have no choice but to get behind the current team with our full support!

I truly hope he is not back in an attempt to sort out SFC.

No offence,but i would prefer not to have Crouch,Lowe,Wilde ,Cowen anywhere near positions of importance at this club.

Been there,done it,messed it up.

Just shuffling the deckchairs..again.

Sfc seems to be a mere plaything to this bunch,games of oneupmanship being played out in front of us while the club stagnates or slips further into the mire.

All IMO.

still here as in a reader of SWF, or still here as in about to sort out SFC

Well I'm not blessed with ITK-ness, but unless I missed the press release, Leon Crouch is still a major shareholder, and, so it seems, still active behind the scenes.

Whether this amounts to anything in the end - who knows?

It doesnt matter who is in charge the issue is there is NO MONEY AND WE ARE IN DEBT therefore unless we get bought by a philanthrapist willing to spend millions on us, we cant afford more than the current youth team we have! so we have no choice but to get behind the current team with our full support!

Ahhhhhh the 'We have no money' bombshell - remember when Lowe made that abundantly clear in his press conference at his return?

This was of course prior to us signing Schneiderlin, Holmes, Wotton, Perry, et al, not to mention the loanees from Premier League clubs....now how did we pay for all of their wages and agents fees if we were potless then???

You didn't actually believe what Rupey told you did you???

Also, regardless of the salaries of the above players, just how can the overdraft increase by 2million in a few months? What other salaries have been absorbed I wonder???????

Could it be that we are 'potless' because the cream is being drawn from the top of the bottle???

Its actually very very simple - forget the small minority that sem far more interested in who is in the boardroom WHATEVER happens on te pitch - by that I mean those who hated Lowe even when we were at Cardiff - it all comes down to something far more important for the vast majority of the fans - If we are winning and doing weel and playing entertaining football, no one gives a flying feck who is in the board oonm which is as it should be...lose , relegation, admin, and no one lowe, wilde, crouch, whoever would be seen as anything but a negative influence - which is again as it should be.

What complicates things for us is that there is still bitterness about perceived past feck ups. Whether Lowe, Wilde or Crouch, so when things are going well, there are still many who would never give any credit to the board - yet are happy to stick the boot in when we lose...

For me its now a simple choice as I am simply fed up with worrying about, arguing anysides case or even spelling out what I think the reasons are why we should be right no focussed on the pitch, not the boardroom, because to be honest everyone on here is very much determined to stick with their opinion and thats it, no matter how good or strong argument either side can deliver - no one listens on both sides.

No, right now, I am loving the simple fact that we have a coach who speaks Dutch, has a certain naive honesty about him, and is trying to get average (in most cases) kids playing a slick passing style - whatever the resource restrictions, have we ever heard Jan moan about it like Harry did? NO, has he ever made cliched excuses? not from my perspective. The kids for teh most part are trying as best they can, and so is Jan, against the odds in my book and whats more they are trying to play teh game as it should be played. Considereing everything else that has happened to our club, right now that's pretty darn good in my book and why I am actually enjoying things right now, whatever the results show...

Get in there,

COYRs!!

Its actually very very simple - forget the small minority that sem far more interested in who is in the boardroom WHATEVER happens on te pitch - by that I mean those who hated Lowe even when we were at Cardiff - it all comes down to something far more important for the vast majority of the fans - If we are winning and doing weel and playing entertaining football, no one gives a flying feck who is in the board oonm which is as it should be...lose , relegation, admin, and no one lowe, wilde, crouch, whoever would be seen as anything but a negative influence - which is again as it should be.

What complicates things for us is that there is still bitterness about perceived past feck ups. Whether Lowe, Wilde or Crouch, so when things are going well, there are still many who would never give any credit to the board - yet are happy to stick the boot in when we lose...

For me its now a simple choice as I am simply fed up with worrying about, arguing anysides case or even spelling out what I think the reasons are why we should be right no focussed on the pitch, not the boardroom, because to be honest everyone on here is very much determined to stick with their opinion and thats it, no matter how good or strong argument either side can deliver - no one listens on both sides.

No, right now, I am loving the simple fact that we have a coach who speaks Dutch, has a certain naive honesty about him, and is trying to get average (in most cases) kids playing a slick passing style - whatever the resource restrictions, have we ever heard Jan moan about it like Harry did? NO, has he ever made cliched excuses? not from my perspective. The kids for teh most part are trying as best they can, and so is Jan, against the odds in my book and whats more they are trying to play teh game as it should be played. Considereing everything else that has happened to our club, right now that's pretty darn good in my book and why I am actually enjoying things right now, whatever the results show...

Get in there,

COYRs!!

i second that ,i,ve enjoyed the football we have tried to play this season and our young players giving their all.

Would we be better off with Leon Crouch rather than Lowe & Wilde ?

In Spanish and Italian, say "Sí."

If French say "Oui"

In German, Dutch and Norwegian it is "Ja"

In Portuguese and Cape-Verdean Creole it is "Sim."

In Hebrew it is "Ken."

In Irish is is "Tá."

In Esperanto it is "Jes."

In Japanese is is "Hai."

In Swahili it is "Ndiyo."

In Hindi say "Haa'n."

In Tagalog, say "Oo."

In Mandarin say "Shi"

In Persian say "Baleh" or "Areh."

In Armenian say a-yo

In Icelandic, say "Já"

Not really the hardest question that's ever been asked on here .

That said, it was the most long winded and incorrect answer.

Get in there,

COYRs!!

I admire your enthusiasm but the off field problems can't be ignored. We are heading towards the rocks if we don't get investment in soon. Even when we eventually clear all the high earners our operating costs will always be too expensive for this league (stadium and Youth Academy etc). Of course if the crowds return (plus 23K) then investment is not so vital but with the credit crunch now affecting many the prospect of crowds pushing 23K is unlikely.

Its actually very very simple - forget the small minority that sem far more interested in who is in the boardroom WHATEVER happens on te pitch - by that I mean those who hated Lowe even when we were at Cardiff

I quite agree, as those that are against someone for no other reason than because they are posh/hockey loving/a snob/ruddy cheeks (delete or add as applicable) are themselves no more than inverted snobs.

If we are winning and doing weel and playing entertaining football' date=' no one gives a flying feck who is in the board oonm which is as it should be...[/quote']

When things are going well I certainly don't think we are as vociferous with our compliments and praise (as is usual in any walk of life), but many of us do (and did) recognise it when people are doing well.

lose ' date=' relegation, admin, and no one lowe, wilde, crouch, whoever would be seen as anything but a negative influence - which is again as it should be.[/quote']

Agreed, which is why many have problems with the current regime, because in recent history they have presided over two of the three you have outlined, with the third hiding around the corner!

What complicates things for us is that there is still bitterness about perceived past feck ups. Whether Lowe' date=' Wilde or Crouch, so when things are going well, there are still many who would never give any credit to the board - yet are happy to stick the boot in when we lose...[/quote']

But aren't you contradicting yourself here??

Accepting what I have said about criticism very often being more forthcoming than praise, then as you say those who are against Lowe, come what may, are in the minority.

People are against the regime for legitimate reasons, i.e. it is their belief that in recent history those in the regime contributed to our downfall.

During the good times Lowe took the plaudits, along with the £400,000 a year, so I see nothing contradictory in criticising/holding to account/worrying when things go bad (after all you have to take the rough with the smooth).

For me its now a simple choice as I am simply fed up with worrying about' date=' arguing anysides case or even spelling out what I think the reasons are why we should be right no focussed on the pitch, not the boardroom, because to be honest everyone on here is very much determined to stick with their opinion and thats it, no matter how good or strong argument either side can deliver - no one listens on both sides.[/quote']

In a perverse way you're actually arguing against yourself here, on one hand sayig no one listens to what others say and yet on the other hand telling us what you think.

And with off the field issues impacting directly on the pitch, it is inevitable that the debate still rages on and sometimes spills over.

And with the price of failure probaby being administration, it is also inevitable how some continue the debate / argument, as the future of the Club is at a crossroads.

If you want to ignore the wider issues and focus on just watching football, then that is your perogoative, but in the same manner if people want to debate/argue/pontificate about the bigger issues at stake then that is surely up to them.

Get in there,

COYRs!!

I wouldn't be so naive with regards Jan, he's also played the "skint" card along with the "youngsters are tired" card. Now of course one mans bulsh17t is another mans honesty, but ..............

We haven’t been lucky in all the games

We go with a young team because we have not the money to do it another way.

We may have to change a couple of players because some players are tired physically or mentally.

We will have to make some changes because I think even the young players are not capable of playing three games in a row

It needs a little bit of time

But with regards the honesty and effort of the youngsters, I think you would struggle to find one poster on here who has activley criticised the effort and integrity of them (although McGoldrick has polarised opinions!!!), and it is great to see them putting the effort in (and getting a great result on Saturday).

However, with the downside being so massive, I see nothing wrong with people having (and expressing) a view on our progress.

I found it interesting watching the Championship the commentator mentioning the boo boys were heard during Leicesters last minute home win saturday.Perhaps they are not so patient or excited about NP.

If MM was not chairman there I might wish them to do better.

I found it interesting watching the Championship the commentator mentioning the boo boys were heard during Leicesters last minute home win saturday.Perhaps they are not so patient or excited about NP.

If MM was not chairman there I might wish them to do better.

Can't argue with results though!!

Can't argue with results though!!
what results? Most agree the squad he has at Leicester should be a guarenteed top 2 side. It would be poor if they do not make the top 2.It is sobering for us to see them not walkingaway with it as they look a stronger outfit than us and if we went down!!!!!!!

what results? Most agree the squad he has at Leicester should be a guarenteed top 2 side. It would be poor if they do not make the top 2.It is sobering for us to see them not walkingaway with it as they look a stronger outfit than us and if we went down!!!!!!!

You could say that with Burley (a more experienced manager) a couple of seasons ago with the war chest and many had us down as favourites for promotion. What a season that was, so I still believe you can't argue with what NP has and I think will do!!

Read this and make up your own mind:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=54402

I think I even spotted an alpine Fox on there;)

Another cracker from Nickh. Re-read your posts in defence of George Burley. Game set and match.

Another cracker from Nickh. Re-read your posts in defence of George Burley. Game set and match.
I never was deluded enough to think we were guarenteed promotion candidates.NP also has not lost his prime players, so the only game set and match you could win is a game of Solo.

Its amazing how the sites are the same in oh so many ways.

Some are defending him, although dont seem over the moon but fair while others are out for him.

Strictly speaking, nick, ONE is defending him. The others are pretty apoplectic at the OP's stupidity. And his sole supporter is complaining that Pearson's weakness is to keep a settled side. Good grief...

I suspect that the credit crunch has really bitten in to "Scouser Mike". Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect that Leon is now readying himself for the kill. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect that Leon has now got his team positioned. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect that Barclays are more confident in the new team. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect tht Lowe, Cowen, Wilde are history. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

But I have met Anthony Salz on a few occasions

COYR

Kindest Regards

Morph

What's the difference between Salz and Co mobilising themselves now compared to when they were mobilising themselves 12-18 months ago?

Lots of mobilising, little action.

Why should we believe that Salz attending the next home game is any more or less significant than all the other games he's attended over the last 18 months when his appearances were supposedly ushering in a new dawn....

What's changed (in your honest opinion) ?

cheers

What's the difference between Salz and Co mobilising themselves now compared to when they were mobilising themselves 12-18 months ago?

Lots of mobilising, little action.

Why should we believe that Salz attending the next home game is any more or less significant than all the other games he's attended over the last 18 months when his appearances were supposedly ushering in a new dawn....

What's changed (in your honest opinion) ?

cheers

On the basis that we have almost sunk as far as we can go...I am prepared to wait and see.

It might be better it might not, just my humble opinion

seem to remember even stronger clearer predictions / promises from Morph at the end of last season, when he was insulting Cowen and promising that RL/AC definately would not be returning.

Unless my memory is wrong?

More selective than wrong, I think. Everyone, including Crouch by all accounts, was banking on the Fulthorpe bid. That was the reason for Morph's confidence - and perhaps his over-confidence with a very out-of-character swipe at AC & RL.

Who could have guessed that Fulthorpe's bid would lead nowhere? (Answer: most of us, depressingly, after the ludicrous antics of LLS, HMR and the truly odd tommac).

As far as I can tell, the only thing that differentiates Fulthorpe from that inglorious trio is that he doesn't appear to suffer from what you might politely call 'anger-management issues'.

I think it fair to assume that had Pearson stayed' date=' that he would still have had to work with the kids as the Lowe/wilde/NorthKorea axis of evil would still have got rid of the high earners - so would Pearson have done any better with the kids?[/quote']

It's one question we will never have answered, just speculate on. Looking through all the comments and the fluff attached the general view is what we saw at Saints. Good, fit organised side but that inability to break down defences when required. If we had the luxury of a solid back four, I believe that platform would really allow these kids to shine. The one thing that has stood out is the inability of the more senior players to adapt to the system in the more creative areas. Basically because most cannot pass the ball well enough. If Pearson were here, I do not believe we would be playing the same system, so the youngsters would had to adapt to what we saw under Pearson. Seeing what Pearson did with the resources he had previously and what he would be left with now, does not make me feel it would be better. I can see us getting draws where we have lost and equally, draws where we had wins. Spectator wise I believe it would have been far more dour as some of the football I have seen this season has been a beauty to behold.

If you could combine the good points of both Pearson and Jan together, that to me would be perfect.

I think it fair to assume that had Pearson stayed' date=' that he would still have had to work with the kids as the Lowe/wilde/NorthKorea axis of evil would still have got rid of the high earners - so would Pearson have done any better with the kids?[/quote']

But the whole argument about Pearson not being able to work with the kids is totally flawed as he has in the past and done so here.

The one thing that I really liked about Pearson was the fact that he recognised our weakness in defence and got in Lucketti, Perry and Wright and for me the only manager to do that since WGS went.

We did not have to bring in Forecast, Gasmi, Pulis, Robertson, Smith and am sure Pearson would of used that money on wages, agents fees and loan fees to sort out the mess far earlier.

We have just brought in Pearce but is that because Killer is out for a long while and Cork is off?.

I never was deluded enough to think we were guarenteed promotion candidates.NP also has not lost his prime players, so the only game set and match you could win is a game of Solo.

Neither did Burley first season. In fact he had 7m to buy prime players.

If your deluded enough to think Leicester should be guaranteed a top two place, then the same should have applied to us back then.

Just in case you missed it, have a look to see where Leicester will be if they win their game in hand.

Edited by slickmick

Neither did Burley first season. In fact he had 7m to buy prime players.

If your deluded enough to think Leicester should be guaranteed a top two place, then the same should have applied to us back then.

Just in case you missed it, have a look to see where Leicester will be if they win their game in hand.

1S****horpe United1593311302Leeds United159249293Millwall159244294Milton Keynes Dons 1591512285Leicester City148421228

Look you can hope leicester do well, I dont as I cant stand MM. NP is not the begin all and end all for me and he is in our past like all the rest.

I think I heard untilsaturday they had only got 1 point in 4 and the fans were starting to get on NP's back. They like us think that they should be playing in a higher league and i doubt they jumpoed for joy when he was appointed. You get all dewey eyed because he saved us from rellegation last day with 20minutes to spare because Leicester and coventry slipped up.

I was pleased he did so but dont see him as a saviour but someone who did what we needed at that time.

He has the tools at Leicester and so lets see if he can use them,as they are far more expensive than the ones we have here.

More selective than wrong, I think. Everyone, including Crouch by all accounts, was banking on the Fulthorpe bid. That was the reason for Morph's confidence - and perhaps his over-confidence with a very out-of-character swipe at AC & RL.

Who could have guessed that Fulthorpe's bid would lead nowhere? (Answer: most of us, depressingly, after the ludicrous antics of LLS, HMR and the truly odd tommac).

As far as I can tell, the only thing that differentiates Fulthorpe from that inglorious trio is that he doesn't appear to suffer from what you might politely call 'anger-management issues'.

More memory invigoration.....

Wasn't the "Salz" consortium separate from the "Fulthorpe" consortium, albeit from the same 'side'? i.e. the former was supposedly waiting in the wings should the latter fail - some sort of gentleman's agreement that one wouldn;t step on the toes of t'other?

So, perhaps the answer to my "What's changed?" question is that the protracted approach of the Fulthorpe consortium has finally collapsed leaving the Salz cavalry free to do what they were planning to do a year ago?

On the Line: Rich Brit has eyes on £40m Saints

Last updated at 22:39 22 December 2007

Southampton are close to agreeing a £40 million takeover and, just for a change, the investor is British.

Sources close to the deal confirm that a London-based businessman, who is one of the country's 200 richest people, hopes to complete the transaction by mid-February.

This follows extensive work behind the scenes by Leon Crouch, who is back in role of football club chairman.

The new regime could effectively be in control by mid-January, in time to use further cash to pay the wages of Premier League players who have been lined for loan deals.

It is promising news at the end of another week of turmoil at the Championship club.

The executive group of Jim Hone, Ken Dulieu and Andrew Oldknow resigned in protest at shareholders' refusal to sell out to SISU Capital, who have now agreed to buy into Coventry.

As delicate negotiations continue with shareholders, including the group led by former chairman Rupert Lowe which speaks for 29 per cent, Crouch should soon be assisted in the rescue mission by lawyer turned banker Anthony Salz, a former BBC vice-chairman and a lifelong Southampton fan. He is set to become acting chairman of the plc."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-504188/On-line-Rich-Brit-eyes-40m-Saints.html

thought it was him. Just take his guessing games with a pinch of salt this time.

Look you can hope leicester do well, I dont as I cant stand MM. NP is not the begin all and end all for me and he is in our past like all the rest.

I think I heard untilsaturday they had only got 1 point in 4 and the fans were starting to get on NP's back. They like us think that they should be playing in a higher league and i doubt they jumpoed for joy when he was appointed. You get all dewey eyed because he saved us from rellegation last day with 20minutes to spare because Leicester and coventry slipped up.

I was pleased he did so but dont see him as a saviour but someone who did what we needed at that time.

He has the tools at Leicester and so lets see if he can use them,as they are far more expensive than the ones we have here.

So you weren't deluded enough to think we should have gone up automatically with £7m to spend on strengthening our squad, but Nigel Pearson should guarantee promotion, without that kind of disposable expenditure ? Double standards me thinks.

More memory invigoration.....

Wasn't the "Salz" consortium separate from the "Fulthorpe" consortium, albeit from the same 'side'? i.e. the former was supposedly waiting in the wings should the latter fail - some sort of gentleman's agreement that one wouldn;t step on the toes of t'other?

So, perhaps the answer to my "What's changed?" question is that the protracted approach of the Fulthorpe consortium has finally collapsed leaving the Salz cavalry free to do what they were planning to do a year ago?

On the Line: Rich Brit has eyes on £40m Saints

Last updated at 22:39 22 December 2007

Southampton are close to agreeing a £40 million takeover and, just for a change, the investor is British.

Sources close to the deal confirm that a London-based businessman, who is one of the country's 200 richest people, hopes to complete the transaction by mid-February.

This follows extensive work behind the scenes by Leon Crouch, who is back in role of football club chairman.

The new regime could effectively be in control by mid-January, in time to use further cash to pay the wages of Premier League players who have been lined for loan deals.

It is promising news at the end of another week of turmoil at the Championship club.

The executive group of Jim Hone, Ken Dulieu and Andrew Oldknow resigned in protest at shareholders' refusal to sell out to SISU Capital, who have now agreed to buy into Coventry.

As delicate negotiations continue with shareholders, including the group led by former chairman Rupert Lowe which speaks for 29 per cent, Crouch should soon be assisted in the rescue mission by lawyer turned banker Anthony Salz, a former BBC vice-chairman and a lifelong Southampton fan. He is set to become acting chairman of the plc."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-504188/On-line-Rich-Brit-eyes-40m-Saints.html

I think the rumour was that Salz's involvement was as a kind of guarantor - someone who would underwrite the purchase of shares.

Assuming that Fulthorpe has, like all good cowboys, ridden into the sunset, the only player left standing in Crouch's camp is Anthony Salz.

But Salz is a serious player in what's left of the world of finance. Despite tommac's defamatory posts about his being a doddery old fool, he is still in his fifties, and not so long ago was rumoured to be taking over at the top of Rothschilds Bank (a family which also has a strong Saints association by the way)

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-charts/anthony-salz-the-city-lawyer-everyone-wants-to-hire.aspx

In any case, if Wilde is looking for a distress sale of his shares, as a result of this rumoured liquidity crisis of his, then I imagine Salz would be involved in sorting something out.

This of course would simply alter the personnel at the top. I have no idea what would happen about additional investment - and even Morph's elliptical post doesn't suggest anything other than a change of the guard.

Long story short: rumour upon rumour. In the end, who knows?

So you weren't deluded enough to think we should have gone up automatically with £7m to spend on strengthening our squad, but Nigel Pearson should guarantee promotion, without that kind of disposable expenditure ? Double standards me thinks.
With Saints i do not expect anything. Some believed that by getting rid of something like 20 players and then spending on replacements that we should be guarenteed promotion.I did not think so myself. I wanted to keep faith with HR and argued that he would turn things around, many didnt believe in him and wanted him gone. We then had Gb who again i thought was ok but again fans lost faith. We then got what i had tried to point out we woud get D&G and that was nearly a disaster. The club was then in tailspin and NP joined us. he brought in 2 defenders and a keeper to cover for KD and we scraped out of it. I was not enampured by him and doubted he was/is that good. I was happy for him to stay as the fans in general were united but I believe we would be worse off now if he had the same constraints, bu it is my opinion it is not fact, just opinion.