Preston 2-3 Saints - You've Gotta be Havin' a Laugh

Arizona

In the first half Jeff Stelling (who seems to have a soft spot for Saints) described us as "hapless Saints". And that hurt - so how sweet was it coming back from 0-2 down to win 3-2.

You're right, he always seems a bit gutted when we're losing and chuffed when we're winning.

Same with Swindon for some odd reason...

Jeff Stelling lives in Winchester and is good friends with a Mr R. Lowe who I believe works for the club.

What a weekend up north for all of us that were there

to see the players lift as the saints support got louder and louder and even louder was fantastic.

The look on the Preston fans face`s as we all floated out of deepdale to the sounds of OWTS was as good as it gets for a saints fan who can only come over to the UK to see the side play every two years.

The fantastic support from everyone there lifted the player`s to have a red hot go after the break.

Bring on Saturday

I agree wholeheartedly.

Just after their second goal I thought "**** this" and volunteered to go get the beers in in preperation for the [gulp] second half. Virtually everyone seemed to have that "here we go again" look about them at half time, I was one of them.

Then came the reason why Saints fans are up there amongst the best. 2-0 down & we have a continuous OWTSGMI for a good length of time. The players seem more up for it & organised. GOAL! We went nuts. More & more singing. GOAL! We go absolutlely mental. The game draws on & we are all hoping we can cling on for a draw. They miss a sitter. Then DMG scores that goal! WE GO DELIRIOUS!!! The final whistle sees me hugging complete strangers. I've not celebrated a goal like our third as much since Adams at West Brom last season. Sheer shock!

6 of us went up to Blackpool for a weekender to coincide with the match & I've just got back to London. What a weekend we just had largely thanks to that result. The mood we were all in was second to none.

If any of the players are reading this, well done for responding to the vocal support and going for it, our sides of recent years would not have done that. Although I'm blaming the lot of you for my uber happy drunken over-exuberance resulting in me pulling a right ruff 'un in that dodgy bar late on!

And she was a right wrong'n mate but we would have forgiven you after that result!

My last game until March as I'm off to work overseas so talk about a send off. Comedy shout out goes to one of our party who got slung out early doors for taking his beer to his seat only to re-appear in the home end 5 minutes later, HAPPY DAYS!!!

That 2nd half performance will stick in our heads for a long time.

As Preston's 2nd goal flew I and many others dissapeared downstairs for a beer, like so many games this season we looked dead and burried. Everyone at half time was dispondent,there was no optmism to be found at all.

But it was soon evident in the second half that the players attitude had changed, and this was reflected in the vocal support Saints recived well before we got a goal back.

The celebrations when we equalised were quite something, but nothing compared to those when McGoldrick scored the winner, with a mini pitch invasion and everyone going mental.

It was a great comeback and excellent second half preformance and BWP and Oscar could easily have scored themsleves had it not been for last ditch clearences by Preston.

All in all it made the 7+ hour train trip back to Salisbury most enjoyable.

Some days you wonder just why you bother, but games like Saturday's make it all worth while.

I heard that the players were lifted by the support and were happy to throw their shirts into the crowd as they know the fans deserved it. United as at eam and fanbase we can grow stronger and feed off it. If only we could focus on the playing side we'd all feel better about our prospects. (I understand why some can't ,but isnt it good when things are looking up, even though it is only a little bit)

I heard that the players were lifted by the support and were happy to throw their shirts into the crowd as they know the fans deserved it. United as at eam and fanbase we can grow stronger and feed off it. If only we could focus on the playing side we'd all feel better about our prospects. (I understand why some can't ,but isnt it good when things are looking up, even though it is only a little bit)

Great to hear that, players and fans have been disengaged for so long, bar the Sheff Utd game last season. Delighted for the fans too, we've so had so little to cheer about since beating the Skates December 2003 3-0 that we deserve a bit more of this. Hopefully we can get the investment or takeover we need to keep Lallana, Surman and Gobern if he continues to look such a good prospect after his debut and shore up the academy so that we can keep our reputation intact there as well. A couple of experienced faces would really help out JP in the dressing room and the young lads on the pitch as mentors.

mate, with all due respects it will take more than the odd good 45 mins of football every month to turn things around at SFC..

what was different to this game is that we finally scored..but we what did not change was the amount we had to score to get anything..

simple fact, play like that against wolves and reading in the 1st halfs of those games then we will need more than 3 to get anything

mate, with all due respects it will take more than the odd good 45 mins of football every month to turn things around at SFC..

what was different to this game is that we finally scored..but we what did not change was the amount we had to score to get anything..

simple fact, play like that against wolves and reading in the 1st halfs of those games then we will need more than 3 to get anything

DD its not about being only 45 mins of football, it is a case of how the fans at games in the main have been patienbt. The players apreciate and want to repay them.

The fans and team united are far more of a opponent than divided ones.

Knowing saints it will all fall apart saturday but I live in hope it doesnt.

Why not celebrate a great comeback and away win eh? we all know it's going to be a long hard difficult season with a very young side but games like saturday make it all worth while following Saints.

Saints last minute winner from 2-0 down

Pompey lose in the last minute.

Life doesn't get much better.

Only sour point is that I missed out on the mentalness of a pitch invasion. Ah well, we can't have everything!

By the way, we will still get relegated, but for tonight, I am a happy man!

What a difference a week makes....

Seriously though, watched your game last night and thought you played some good stuff at times. It all just seems to fall apart when you get in the box. I think you just need to find some very cheap but vastly experienced players in January. One defender, one midfielder and a striker dropped into the spine would make a huge difference......