Preston 2-3 Saints - You've Gotta be Havin' a Laugh

Arizona

Thats put a big grin on my face.

Shame there are still fans on here having a pop at others. The manager probably shouted at the team at half time as well, should he hang his head in shame.

Well done lads a brilliant comeback

I dont think the manager was saying things like - "we are ****", "we are going down" , blah blah blah

Jan is not a negative manager who just screams at the players

I also believe that the away fans didnt give up as did all the 1st half negative turd posters

If they were he type of fans who were there we probably would have lost

They were singing until the end and rightly got to experience the joy of the win

Jan says "the happiness of the fans gave happiness to the players"

As you can see I am someone who believes in encouraging others!

(apart from having a pop at ****s)

Strange really - still can't work it out!

1. We score from a corner!

2. We equalised

3. We didn't concede a late winner

4. DMG scored!

Still one swallow doesn't make a summer (or as my good lady says a blow job) but it could do wonders for the sides confidence.

Brizzol City next week at SMS on SKY...a bumper crowd of 15,000, but will they freeze again?

Well done lads - let the momentum continue well into next weekend.

Must have been Lowe's HT talk about not paying salaries next week, and letting a few more go that got them so up for the second half.

If we are such an attractive footballing side Mr Lowe, give somone else a chance to run the club and get as far out of Southampton FC as possible. Let the investment in no matter what it does for your stnding in the club. You are not Bill Shankley, or Arsen Wenger - not even a Harry Redknap or Glenn Hoddle. Just because you ahve overseen more Managers than any other Chairman it does not make you qualified to run a football club.

LOWE MUST GO!

Just to re-cap - well done the lads!

On sky sports news they announced wrongly that Preston had gone 3-2 up - Le Tiss was in the middle of a match report on Middlesborough vs West Ham and he got totally put off, looked gutted beyond belief and just gave up talking lol.... then they corrected the score..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Don't know what he's doing, eh? Completely out of his depth, n'est pas?

Well, JAN CAN COOK and knows exactly what he's doing, has the full backing of Lowe and Wilde, plus the Bank. He's been given this season to experiment, to build foundations and a team. The only thing he mustn't do is get us relegated. All the rest is icing on the cake, on the end product.

We have the players, we have the heart, the capacity and we're going to get better and better. So let's be having you all. Get behind Jan and these young bravehearts and trust in Lowe and what he's up to.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but in the case of this season we're laying solid foundations for years to come.

Well done lads, well done Jan.

I dont think the manager was saying things like - "we are ****", "we are going down" , blah blah blah

Jan is not a negative manager who just screams at the players

I also believe that the away fans didnt give up as did all the 1st half negative turd posters

If they were he type of fans who were there we probably would have lost

They were singing until the end and rightly got to experience the joy of the win

Jan says "the happiness of the fans gave happiness to the players"

As you can see I am someone who believes in encouraging others!

(apart from having a pop at ****s)

Did you or anyone really think we could turn it around?

We were all being realistic given our current form at the time,it`s all well and good coming on here with your comments but they are all just hindsight.

Mate rang me at half-time, from Southampton, he was suicidal, I didn't even bother to check the score.

Then a string of txt's from non Saints mates here asking WTF did we put in our half time cuppa, come upstairs and find out THIS.

Damn he's gotta ring up more often.

One swallow doesn't make a summer etc but there's still fight in the "young" dog yet.

Well done lads.

Don't know what he's doing, eh? Completely out of his depth, n'est pas?

Well, JAN CAN COOK and knows exactly what he's doing, has the full backing of Lowe and Wilde, plus the Bank. He's been given this season to experiment, to build foundations and a team. The only thing he mustn't do is get us relegated. All the rest is icing on the cake, on the end product.

We have the players, we have the heart, the capacity and we're going to get better and better. So let's be having you all. Get behind Jan and these young bravehearts and trust in Lowe and what he's up to.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but in the case of this season we're laying solid foundations for years to come.

Well done lads, well done Jan.

Calm down young man it is only just one win,if and it`s a big if we can get some more wins then all well and good but until then let`s all just calm down.

In the first half Jeff Stelling (who seems to have a soft spot for Saints) described us as "hapless Saints". And that hurt - so how sweet was it coming back from 0-2 down to win 3-2.

You're right, he always seems a bit gutted when we're losing and chuffed when we're winning.

I heard he's got 2 daughters who support Saints.

Please let this be the turning point in our season. If we can sort out the defence...

Doncaster was our last turning point.

It was good to get that result especially as Sky initially gave it 3-2 to Preston but I remain concerned at JP's tinkering. Wotton is in and out of the side like a yo-yo and so are others. Even players who are regularly chosen are played in different positions.

Saints really have to get a settled side and hopefully that will add some consistency.

But coming back from 2 goals down away is something I can't remember doing for a long time so tonight is not for being churlish but let's not get carried away either.

fair play to the boys and the fans that went. Apparently all shirts were thrown into the fans area - whoever got them deserve them.

I sure hope not considering the current financial instability the club is experiencing. The youngsters showed immaturity in doing this and should be punished.

Scrapping for and scraping a win is not the same as winning by dominance and controlling the game. Let's just be grateful for 3 points today but not lose sight of reality. We are still not good enough to be sure of fighting our way out of trouble. By the law of averages we will occasionally come back from the dead to record a somewhat fortunate success as today whereas on other occasions we would just as easily let a winning lead slip away.

Tony Husbands and Dave Merrington were absolutely sh*t* toady on RS and deserved to be suspended without play. Their so-called commentating was incomprehensible to those of us who were trying to form a mental picture of what was going on. We were not even told what colour shirts we were wearing and as for not spotting Gobern for 20 mins after his half-time entry... Bloody diabolical!

Doncaster was our last turning point.

It was good to get that result especially as Sky initially gave it 3-2 to Preston but I remain concerned at JP's tinkering. Wotton is in and out of the side like a yo-yo and so are others. Even players who are regularly chosen are played in different positions.

Saints really have to get a settled side and hopefully that will add some consistency.

But coming back from 2 goals down away is something I can't remember doing for a long time so tonight is not for being churlish but let's not get carried away either.

Mainly because of injuries etc. Only on the wings does he switch often in his selections without it being forced.

Got fed up at half time and stuck on the first half of Saints 3-1 vs Man Utd from 95-96 ... was watching us battering the champions in waiting that season... happy days!

Turned the radio back on to see how many more we'd let in... Was ecstatic to find we'd pulled back to 2-2... and then to win! COYR!

To all the negative, small minded, so called supporters of our gr8 club, where are you now? Not leaving any messages hey!! Bet you're disappointed we won, nothing to moan about!!

Gr8 result and can only do the boys confidence good. Got to build on this and beat Bristol C next week. Good tactical subs from Jan at half time swung the game round. There is real spirit in the team, players included KD piling into McG after his goal. Gr8 to see the spirit of SFC is still there. Now lets get behing the TEAM and show our support next week by supporters actually turning up at SMS. Let's try to get to 17k+ next Saturday please. Come on get behind the team.

Come on You Reds!! What a win!! Off to have some beer, and more beer and more beer!!

Well done to the boys, makeshift team clearly were up for it today. Was out all afternoon so didn't listen, we usually do better when that happens. Its great to have a good result, and no-one should moan today, but things have to still improve at home. Good to see Pearce had a good game (and even a goal) I was quite pleased with his signing, even though others were moaning about an inexperienced kid again, actually he is more experienced than most in the team. Also like the sound of Gobern on his debut.

Up the Saints!!

When their second one went in and we started singing "We're gonna win 3-2" I thought it was a wee bitty optimistic ! First 20 minutes was even, with the usual Saints midfield passing game, but then they started using their muscle up front and the centre of our defence looked decidedly dodgy. So it was same old same old, couldn't score and couldn't defend.

The substitutes at half time made all the difference. BWP and Gobern provided movement width, and pace, and we looked like we knew what we were doing in their half, and actually started getting bodies in the box. The last thirty minutes of the second half were as good as the last twenty of the first half were poor.

Will the REAL Saints FC please stand up ?

COYR

Edited by badgerx16

A fantastic comeback to get a much-needed win. We MUST now build on it. There's a lot of euphoria flying around, much like there was after 25 minutes of fancy-dan stuff against 10 men the last time we won, and we then proceeded to take two points from fifteen. This result should properly be judged by how we get on in the next five matches. For tonight though, things look a little rosier!

To all the negative, small minded, so called supporters of our gr8 club, where are you now? Not leaving any messages hey!! Bet you're disappointed we won, nothing to moan about!!

Gr8 result and can only do the boys confidence good. Got to build on this and beat Bristol C next week. Good tactical subs from Jan at half time swung the game round. There is real spirit in the team, players included KD piling into McG after his goal. Gr8 to see the spirit of SFC is still there. Now lets get behing the TEAM and show our support next week by supporters actually turning up at SMS. Let's try to get to 17k+ next Saturday please. Come on get behind the team.

Come on You Reds!! What a win!! Off to have some beer, and more beer and more beer!!

You are obviously happy as are ALL of us so why must you have a pop at other supporters who were just passing on their thoughts at the time as they saw fit...

Maybe we should all be "happy clappies" like you.

Just how happy and positive were you at half time?

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

fair play to the boys and the fans that went. Apparently all shirts were thrown into the fans area - whoever got them deserve them. Very proud today and glad I have kept the faith in OUR playing staff.

If that's true, really happy about that and a nice gesture to the loyal, travelling fans!

Good lads. I hope we can break the Sky curse and build from this as everytime we have some feel good factor in the club, it gets washed away quite swiftly. Let's hope not this time!