I wonder who'll be first to create a takeover thread?

trousers

Too quick for me Trousers. Do you live on this forum investigative, roving reporter? Ignore my post - Was told not to post info. up so shouldn't have been so quick to act. Don't read too much into it. Not an attention seeking post as you should know me better than that but was merely passing on what I'd heard but let's move on.

Brum Sat - I'm going. Let's talk tactics & formations instead. Really keen to see the new kids, pass my judgement. Morgan, Holmes, esq.

Why is an article about a general 'leisure' development in a publication called "Sports Management (Daily News for the Sports Industry)"?

Unless they know something that's covered by the 'exclusivity agreement' that we don't....? Either way, wrong part of town to cover area around St Marys??

12 Aug 2008

Developer chosen for Southampton development

BY Pete Hayman

blanknews.gif

Scottish company Kilmartin has been asked to draw up new plans for a waterfront development in Southampton. Southampton City Council has signed an exclusivity agreement with the developer to redevelop the area surrounding the city's Royal Pier. Previous proposals for the area, which have included an ice rink, a conference centre and a 200-room hotel, have failed to materialise. However, the council hopes that the agreement with Kilmartin will ensure the development will take a step forward. Councillor Royston Smith, the city council's cabinet member for economic development, said: "Exclusivity agreements are very common when taking developments of this scale forward. Choosing this route means that Kilmartin will now be able to work up an indicative master plan and development schedule for how it could possibly be delivered." Smith also said that the council anticipates that the first ideas for the Royal Pier development, which will also involve land owned by Associated British Ports, will be ready to go to public consultation in early 2009. "The council has had an ambition to develop the pier and waterfront area for several years. However, there has been renewed commitment more recently to completely regenerate the area into a world class waterfront destination that the city can be proud of," he added.

Here's my ITK crap.

- Lowe is working hard to push deal through.

- Lowe and Wilde only came back because Crouch was pushing club into administration.

- Deal has been agreed in principle with Shearer, he has promised Lainya that if he is offered Southampton job, then he will take it.

- Wotte and Poortvielt have it written into their contracts that they will step aside to the youth and reserve teams once Shearer comes in.

- Things picking up pace and could be sorted in time for transfer window close.

- Fulthorpe/Merrington are backed by a Dubai company who have agreed to release the funds.

- If completed in time then Shearer will be given £20million this season, with more funds available next season.

Probably all ********, but from decent sauces.

Here's my ITK crap.

- Lowe and Wilde only came back because Crouch was pushing club into administration.

- Deal has been agreed in principle with Shearer, he has promised Lainya that if he is offered Southampton job, then he will take it.

- Wotte and Poortvielt have it written into their contracts that they will step aside to the youth and reserve teams once Shearer comes in.

- Fulthorpe/Merrington are backed by a Dubai company who have agreed to release the funds.

- If completed in time then Shearer will be given £20million this season, with more funds available next season.

Morning Stu, which transfer window this one or xmas?

Here's my ITK crap.

Who's Lainya? Shearer's missus?

Here's my ITK crap.

That's pretty much exactly word for word what I've heard. Spooky

That's pretty much exactly word for word what I've heard. Spooky

Heard last night whilst at the Rose Bowl that certain quarters of the press (unnamed) think Fulthorpe is all talk (bit stronger words used) and no money deal likely.

I am still of the opinion that no deal will happen as this one as all the hallmarks of previous alleged interest. Too much talk in the open and no money action.

Hope I am wrong!

Heard last night whilst at the Rose Bowl that certain quarters of the press (unnamed) think Fulthorpe is all talk (bit stronger words used) and no money deal likely.

I am still of the opinion that no deal will happen as this one as all the hallmarks of previous alleged interest. Too much talk in the open and no money action.

Hope I am wrong!

interesting you say too much talk in the open when there is not a huge amount of new gossip on here.

Anyway its Friday tomorrow, so all will be clearer.

StuRomseySaint

Registered User Join Date: Nov 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my ITK crap.

- - If completed in time then Shearer will be given £20million this season, with more funds available next season.

I wonder which players Shearer would want to buy?

The trouble with these so called 'tyre kickers', that we've been told about on here over the last 18 months, is that there appears to be no risk or consequences to suffer on their part as they come and go without any legal or moral obligation to explain what happened and to apologise for wasting people's intellectual time.

And don't tell me that there is "no obligation for explanations due to us only finding out through leaks etc".....I think we've cleary established now that it is in these people's interest to leak such information to gauge feedback on what the reaction would be if they were successful.

Cake.

Eat it.

Pawns.

SF 76 can write whatever he likes on his monologique forum.

He believes because he wants to believe, he is so so desperate to see the present management of the club dumped and a workers collective of which supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, that he

is now delusional.

Pretty sure nothing is going to happen.

How do I know? Well Lowe is sending out the signal. "We have to sell Davies because we cannot afford his wages!" he told a supporter when attending SMS yesterday.

Fulthorpe group still seem to think it will happen but IF they have the money why has it not been done already? Seems to me that have not managed to convince enough investers to jump on board. Cannot see that situation changing.

I assume Morph's group are out of the loop.

I thought I'd break my silence to bring you some unsubstantiated gossip.

Got told by someone yesterday who spoke to someone who supposedly had a hour long meeting with Fulthrope on Saturday morning.

He said Fulthrope was "full of himself" and said the Merrington consortium will take a 62% stake in the club on Wednesday. Also said that Shearer will come in as manager with 'significant' funding.

Not sure how true that is and in two minds about Shearer, personally I would prefer to give J-lo more of a chance with funding. Having said that, Shearer might attract some names who wouldn't normally have come and funding from any source is welcome.

How do I know? Well Lowe is sending out the signal. "We have to sell Davies because we cannot afford his wages!" he told a supporter when attending SMS yesterday.

Fulthorpe group still seem to think it will happen but IF they have the money why has it not been done already? Seems to me that have not managed to convince enough investers to jump on board. Cannot see that situation changing.

I assume Morph's group are out of the loop.

This is getting tiresome and boring after 16 months. We are just being teased - we were with Paul Allen(by Derby fans), Arabs(by that pillock who sells photocopiers), and now Fulthorpe(by Merrington).

I'm not interested in titbits, or gossip from Merrington. I'm interested in facts - no bid situation, an arrogant chairman who would sell his gran for a fiver, and dwindling attendances because a fair few supporters are sick and tired of the club.

More supporters will jump off the train before it crashes. Where does that leave us?

Well Lowe is sending out the signal. "We have to sell Davies because we cannot afford his wages!" he told a supporter when attending SMS yesterday.

So, Rupert made it back from his 'holiday' ok then....

And here was me thinking Scooby had been right all along and that Rupert had been tapping into the huge wealth of his new city mates and ex-Tory finance guru Sundance, whoops - sorry, Freudian slip....Marland.

Over to you?:)

The only news I heard from someone very much ITK from a certain quarter yesterday was "we are waiting to see what happens", I was also advised that the Fulthorpe thing has run out of steam, but that appears to contradict what has been said on here.

Good to see Leon, Lawrie and Ian Gordon in the Leon and Lawrie box yesterday. I saw them from my seat in the Itchen Centre.

Kind Regards

Morph

Got told by someone yesterday who spoke to someone who supposedly had a hour long meeting with Fulthrope on Saturday morning.

He said Fulthrope was "full of himself" and said the Merrington consortium will take a 62% stake in the club on Wednesday. Also said that Shearer will come in as manager with 'significant' funding.

Not sure how true that is and in two minds about Shearer, personally I would prefer to give J-lo more of a chance with funding. Having said that, Shearer might attract some names who wouldn't normally have come and funding from any source is welcome.

Yeah and the money is coming from abroad with a plunging pound.

TBF the money people will have saved around 8% of the cost (4mil) by not investing the money last season when the pound was at $2.1, and now it is $1.85 and heading for $1.55

Don't think Rupert believes either unless the Davies sale is a final desperate attempt to force them to come up with the cash and a REAL bid.

A bid on Wednesday will not complete in 10 days so the idea of having zillions in a transfer fund doesn't work either as the window will close probably before they could change the signatories at the bank.

May get us out of the financial sh*t but won't do much to help this season, it's a long time until January with expectations of a high finish from "Shearers' boys"

It is all just talk and has been for months and months and months and months.

In the meantime players are having to be sold to keep the Bank onside.

It really isn't much fun being a Saints supporter at the minute. :(

Clearly cannot be true - takeovers only happen on Fridays

Who is going to sell to make up the 62% - Lowe + Wilde and Crouch?

Also says to buyers hurry up if you want any decent players left at the club.

yes....then they quickly changed the subject...:o

But Armstrong mentioned it again later and said it was very close to something happening...I'll tune in on Friday. I really don't think Dave Armstrong would be saying such things unless he was very certain that something was actually going on, sounds like someone very close to Armstrong involved.

In trousers absence. Bump!

Did I hear correctly from Dave Armstrong on Hampshire Radio that a consortium is close to taking over the club?

No you didn't quite hear that. You heard David Armstrong say that good progress was being made in that direction, but obviously no details could be revealed. That doesn't mean close, it means things are progressing.

Frankly, I can wait now. I've grown patient after so many false dawns.

Am I alone in not actually wanting a consortium and a new manager and all that goes with it. This season, with an honest, open manager and a team of young (mostly English, & some even local!) lads with a real connection to the club, trying to play football the right way, promises to be the most interesting & emotionally engaging season since the Strachan days. I don't want it snatched away for a bit of bought success, or worse borrowed success, from a team of overpaid foreign mercenaries (see down the road for a comparison). I want these lads to earn success

It's a bit of a Catch 22.....whilst securing the clubs future is an absolute priority, to dismantle what is happening at St Marys right now would eb a tragedy.

Watching the youngsters in pre-season and so far in the regular season has been a delight. I can't remember the last time that a losing Saints said was (rightly) applauded off the field and seeing people go home with a smile on their faces even though we'd lost because they'd been entertained and could see the future loojking bright.

If we now get someone in to replace JP (which would be a real travesty based on what he's done so far) and who then goes back to players like Skacel, Euell et al then , on the pitch, it won't necessarily be a better thing.

Am I alone in not actually wanting a consortium and a new manager and all that goes with it. This season, with an honest, open manager and a team of young (mostly English, & some even local!) lads with a real connection to the club, trying to play football the right way, promises to be the most interesting & emotionally engaging season since the Strachan days. I don't want it snatched away for a bit of bought success, or worse borrowed success, from a team of overpaid foreign mercenaries (see down the road for a comparison). I want these lads to earn success

I wouldn`t be against a consortium and money coming in but I would like them to at least give JP a chance and see what happens but with some financial clout should something go wrong.

No you didn't quite hear that. You heard David Armstrong say that good progress was being made in that direction, but obviously no details could be revealed. That doesn't mean close, it means things are progressing.

Frankly, I can wait now. I've grown patient after so many false dawns.

I do understand the difference thanks. I only caught part of the conversation, hence my ? in my post. Anyway it's a positive sign.

I totally agree with you. Lowe will get the club back in the black by getting rid of the overpaid rubbish from last year. Jan's team is really exciting and one that I want to watch. Was at Derby today and it was an outstanding performance with great football. Havent been this excited about Saints for years.

The worst thing that could happen to Saints is a takeover and all change again.

This new team is one I want to watch every week.

I totally agree with you. Lowe will get the club back in the black by getting rid of the overpaid rubbish from last year. Jan's team is really exciting and one that I want to watch. Was at Derby today and it was an outstanding performance with great football. Havent been this excited about Saints for years.

Without investment a lot of our best young players will be sold in Jan 08 or Jul 08. The club's operating costs are still too high. We don't have much choice. Investment puts us in the driving seat. Hopefully any takeover will not change any aspects of the first team managerial setup. Edited by Delmary

To rock the boat with new managers now would be ridiculous and I endorse both of your comments. There seems to be one problem; if we cannot rid the club of unwanted players "not in the plans" but expensive to keep, I imagine that funds might be raised by selling some we want/ought to keep.

I do understand the difference thanks. I only caught part of the conversation, hence my ? in my post. Anyway it's a positive sign.

I know, and I'm 100% sure you understand Delmary. It's just probably a good idea to keep the news of what we hear as accurate as possible to stop some people going off like fireworks, imagining millions of pounds are just days or weeks away.

We could be an entire season or two away from any investment, let alone a takeover.