Basset .....LOWE DOES INTERFERE

Delmary

If the facts are simply that Lowe wants/wanted the youngsters played simply to generate interest and increase the value of the asset then this is nothing that any of us did not already know

Or, did Lowe want the youth playing because he believed in them and thought they would improve the team?

When we were relegated I did think that we would ditch the 'has beens' and start to make use of our youth system - Bates brought in Paine and Sydenham as soon as possible, it seemed sensible to me to start playing Theo, Best, Blackstock, etc once we went down a division; we did have the best youth squad in the country at the time!

I think ponty realised, it wasn't the most sensible post, hence his second one directly after the first.

I am not sure it really matters, what side of the fence you sit regarding lowe, but allegations have been made (On a subject that has been debated for years) and surely even those that support him, would want to know the truth.

I think it was a sensible post to a point as any ex employee is likly to have an axe to grind so at least some caution should be taken when hearing it.

The good thing about this is that someone has gone public with there thoughts. I wouldnt say it is a FACT like some others are saying just yet but its pretty daming all the same. Will be interesting to see what Rupes come back is or if Basset will rephraze his comments at some point.

Trying to play devils advocate would this experiment have worked better when we still had the parachute payments to afford the right experience? Ruperts plan may have been to cut loose some of the drift wood and build with youth and experience back then when we had some of the best youngsters in the country. Harry and Basset didnt want to take that route so the whole club are in catch 22 from what the board want to do compared to the management.

Keegan is not a bad manager but he didnt like what whats his face was doing so he left and they supoposedly have money to spend.

rightly or wrongly there is a reason that lowe wants to play the youngsters and that is to get them in the shop window.

when will people realise that our academy/youth system is just a cash making machine,always has been and always will be.its what keeps this club going and and keeps the shareholders happy.

if that is seen as interfering then so be it,lowe should explain to every potential manager that this is the case and then there wouldnt be any problems.

dave bassett could be seen as being a bit bitter about his experience here which is understandable.

Why bother with appointing managers? Why not just let Lowe get on with it himself?

And what's the point in having the youngsters thrown in at the deep end before they're ready? That way the team loses more often than not, the youngsters are scarred by the experience and their confidence hits the floor, the club gets deeper into the mire through falling attendances and then the youngsters are sold for next to nothing in a fire sale out of financial desperation. Brilliant!

As for keeping the shareholders happy, presumably you feel confident enough in your knowledge of the feelings of major shareholders like Crouch and Corbett to speak on their behalf. Do you think that they're happy that the crazy masterplan is driving us towards administration?

Why bother with appointing managers? Why not just let Lowe get on with it himself?

He just loves playing toy soldiers. He's probably got his RL initialled tracksuit hanging up in his wardrobe ready to go. Was it Barry Fry who purchased a club (Peterborough) and appointed himself manager?....

It has to be asked, who would you go to to compile a list of good things?

There's.....

Oh and there's...

Not forgetting...er, what's his name?

But he built the stadium. Oh yes, and he arranged the finance for the stadium; and let's not forget we wouldn't have the stadium...[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed, Shout it Loud, and Shout it Proud .......

HE built the Stadium...... after FAILING to secure a much better Multi Complex project at Stoneham

HE arranged the finance ....... at such a cost, that the burden is now like a Millstone around Saints neck

We wouldn't have the Stadium ...........Yes we would ......... with a more astute BUSINESSMAN, we would have got a much better deal with it

The Stadium would have ben built with or without Lowe's interfeering detrimental input

Was it Barry Fry who purchased a club (Peterborough) and appointed himself manager?....

Yeah, i think it was. Although obviously he'd managed before.

There's a chairman (or president or whatever they have) in Spain who has managed two teams which he owned. This was in the Primera Liga as well, not lower league.

He had to wear a photographers bib to be able to stand near the pitch, as he wasn't qualified to be a manager.

HE built the Stadium...... after FAILING to secure a much better Multi Complex project at Stoneham

Not sure I would agree with Stoneham being better to be honest. It would have been a fair bit smaller (I guess not a problem any more), and also miles from any pubs etc. I prefer my stadiums to be in town.

says he is willing to allow the former England rugby coach greater involvement with the first team - something that Redknapp balked at. Indeed, the uninvited attempts by Woodward, during one training session, to show players such as Nigel Quashie how to kick a ball proved to be the final straw for Redknapp - who walked off shaking his head.

But Bassett says: "There's nothing wrong with having a different coach. Clive is a performance director and is very good on the analysis of Pro-Zone and some coaching methods that they used in rugby, the nutrition and certain things." He goes on: "Clive's not an ogre or anything like that. I'm sure he's got things to bring to the table that could be interesting."

However, the former Wimble-don, Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest manager - to name just three of his seven clubs - also adds: "But it's not that he's all of a sudden going to take over the first team. Because I coach". Emphatically, he adds that he is not "a manager who sits in the office, on the phone" but one who expects to be out with the players.

Bassett's conciliatory approach is sensible given the decision taken by the Southampton board at their meeting on Thursday to back chairman Rupert Lowe and to allow Woodward an increased role with the first-team squad. Lowe would like to go further and give him full control, but it has been agreed that, probably, that will not happen before next summer at the earliest, and may have to wait until the year after.

Southampton are drawing up their shortlist of candidates, but say they will not be rushed into an appointment. The immediate targets are a cadre of young, forward-thinking managers such as Watford's Adrian Boothroyd and Brentford's Martin Allen. Interestingly, both are well-known to Woodward, as is Derby County's Phil Brown, while another who could be considered is the Northern Ireland manager, Lawrie Sanchez, who had wanted the Portsmouth job.

Bassett knows he may not fit the desired profile, but his weight of experience, and willingness to fit into the system being planned by Lowe, may help if the club cannot secure their favoured names. He will be in charge of today's meeting with Luton (whose manager, Mike Newell, is attracting covetous glances)with Dennis Wise.

Interestingly, Bassett also makes it clear that he and Wise, who, although 38, has a playing contract at Southampton, want to be regarded as a duo. He adds: "If I get the job I want Dennis to be with me and Dennis has said he'd want me. It's not like boss and assistant. We bounce ideas off each other".The two worked together at Wimbledon, of course, and, more recently, at Millwall, where the roles were reversed and Bassett assisted Wise. "We've spoken about it and think we can do a good job," Bassett says of the present situation. "We're confident. In the next 18 months, if we couldn't get Southampton up then we'd resign." Tellingly, he adds: "You always plan, but perhaps if it's not here then we might get a job somewhere else".

His current coaching contract expires at the end of January - "but contracts don't worry me," Bassett says - and he also dismisses Redknapp's statement that he always felt he was "keeping the seat warm for someone else" (i.e. Woodward).

"Every management job I've been in I thought that," Bassett says. "As sure as eggs is eggs you either leave or get the sack. So someone replaces you. There's no point worrying about that. You have to be flexible to survive." It's a credo that may stand him in good stead right now.

sorry had a phone call and posted before finished writing!

As Ponty says -he was did apply for the job working for Lowe knowing this and was turned down so 1) it couldn't have been that bad 2) he was shunned

BUT it doesn't mean its not true.

Also in above he sounded quite positive about the system and keen for a two in charge system.

I am not saying at all that Lowe should be picking the team!!

Edited by NickG

Bassett's revelation that Lowe intereferes with team selection and other football matters came as no surprise to me. Over the last couple of years I have spoken with 2 ex-Saints managers about Rupert Lowe. I met Harry Redknapp soon after he left and when I asked him why he had gone he looked me in the eye and said "I simply could not work with that man any more". That probably doesn't come as much of a surprise but I also had cause to talk to Stuart Gray about his stint as Southampton manager. Soon after Dean Richards joined Spurs, Gray lined up a centre-half replacement from Sunderland but Lowe vetoed the signing on footballing grounds. (That centre-half has since continued to play well in the Premiership and higher reaches of CCC).

This revelation should bring this forum to life.

The Echo have to run this story, after all this could be the beginning of the end for Rupert.

As much as I would like to see Rupes walk I would still rather look for someone to come in and do better. But to date there hasnt been anyone unfortunatly.

Bassett's revelation that Lowe intereferes with team selection and other football matters came as no surprise to me. Over the last couple of years I have spoken with 2 ex-Saints managers about Rupert Lowe. I met Harry Redknapp soon after he left and when I asked him why he had gone he looked me in the eye and said "I simply could not work with that man any more". That probably doesn't come as much of a surprise but I also had cause to talk to Stuart Gray about his stint as Southampton manager. Soon after Dean Richards joined Spurs, Gray lined up a centre-half replacement from Sunderland but Lowe vetoed the signing on footballing grounds. (That centre-half has since continued to play well in the Premiership and higher reaches of CCC).
Lowe should resign from his executive post, his influence throughout the club is too damaging. He should only be allowed a non-executive role, well away from the first team. Wake up Askham, Richards, Withers, Wilde, Jones & Co.

is it just me but it doesn't seem that much of a revelation? Just read it again in case I missed something but it is not nearly the level of involvement accepted on here as the norm for Lowe
Yes. No doubt JP is not as resilient as Redknapp and therefore Lowe will have a greater say on first team matters this time round.

is it just me but it doesn't seem that much of a revelation? Just read it again in case I missed something but it is not nearly the level of involvement accepted on here as the norm for Lowe

Only because until now its been hearsay from the man down the pub.

Now we have something more concrete to go on.

The reason this story is so damaging, is the effect it will have on the supporters. We could see our gates plummet even further and this I believe could force a u turn amongst the board.

To be fair there has always been conflict at pretty much every club between the board/chairman who want the club run in a certain way but are not football people and the managment who are football people and believe clubs should be run there way. the succesfull clubs are the ones where the board and management are all thinking along the same lines.

Man U and chelsea believe they need to buy the best players to make the best team, Arsenal believe they need to bring in the best youngsters to make the best team. if any of there boards decide things should be done differentdy you can bet your house on there being a change of managment to suit.

Yes. No doubt JP is not as resilient as Redknapp and therefore Lowe will have a greater say on first team matters this time round.

JP's teams in the past before he was even thought about at SMS were made up of youth playing fast passing football. Maybe Lowe got him because he was the type of manager that would take the club in the direction that the board wanted to go?

If JP was more like pearson before he came here then changed I would agree with you. But he aint doing anything he wasnt doing before he even met Lowe.

JP's teams in the past before he was even thought about at SMS were made up of youth playing fast passing football. Maybe Lowe got him because he was the type of manager that would take the club in the direction that the board wanted to go?

If JP was more like pearson before he came here then changed I would agree with you. But he aint doing anything he wasnt doing before he even met Lowe.

Good point, but I doubt he had the team picked for him at his last club.

And what's the point in having the youngsters thrown in at the deep end before they're ready? That way the team loses more often than not, the youngsters are scarred by the experience and their confidence hits the floor, the club gets deeper into the mire through falling attendances and then the youngsters are sold for next to nothing in a fire sale out of financial desperation. Brilliant!

As for keeping the shareholders happy, presumably you feel confident enough in your knowledge of the feelings of major shareholders like Crouch and Corbett to speak on their behalf. Do you think that they're happy that the crazy masterplan is driving us towards administration?

Spot on Wes,this sums up perfectly the situation our club is in.

However good our youngsters might be,they are having the enthusiasm and confidence slowly knocked out of them.Supporters are never happy when they see their team struggling,and with all the off field politics going on they soon start to slip away in ever increasing numbers.

As a shareholder I'm certainly not happy with the direction we are heading in,I can't believe for one moment that any sane shareholder is ? Lowe has meddled too much in the club for my liking,if he's still continuing to do so he should be removed as soon as possible.

When are those shareholders with with major holdings going to wake up and realise, that there will no club left if Lowe is allowed to continue with his crazy experiments and meddling in things he knows nothing about !!

Yeah, i think it was. Although obviously he'd managed before.

There's a chairman (or president or whatever they have) in Spain who has managed two teams which he owned. This was in the Primera Liga as well, not lower league.

He had to wear a photographers bib to be able to stand near the pitch, as he wasn't qualified to be a manager.

Could just see the Chairman in a Stewards outfit next to the dugout....Some disguise....Suggest we have a closer look when Lowey is not in the Directors box next time.......

Bassett is telling the truth in my opinion and subject to contractural arrangements many Ex Managers could be dragged to court to tell the truth if

Lowey tried to take Bassett through the courts. Even if Lowey showed an inclination to do this...would it be show and who would pay? But in anycase we fans and most of the football world has heard the truth from our ex staff regardless of contracts silencing them.....Even WEE Gordon...you only have to read between the lines.

In the end we all know the truth of what is going on..

I blame The Lavender Hill Mob..Loweys Luvvies.......But the real Saints team.......WHAT are Crouch, Trant, Hunt, Gordon, Wiseman, Mighty Mac, Mary Corbett, Mortimore, Fulthorpe, Cousins, Merrington

MANY OTHERS..... BUT YOU GET MY DRIFT...These are all names who, if, acted collectively could sort this out....In my opinion they already are.....If this is not being sorted now, we are in real trouble...

Down to Wildey to do the Honourable thing.........OR maybe Gavyn Davies is in there with Anthony SALZ and Croucheys crew and the slow recovery is in progress.......We still need a few prayers for Lowey and ASkhams Mob to leave.

Just an observation....

He just loves playing toy soldiers. He's probably got his RL initialled tracksuit hanging up in his wardrobe ready to go. Was it Barry Fry who purchased a club (Peterborough) and appointed himself manager?....

Fry had managed elsewhere of course though.

The other thing I wonder about is how much does Lowe know about football. Let's face it, he's been around for the best part of 10 years so that probably does give him as much insight as many others in the game!

Spot on Wes,this sums up perfectly the situation our club is in.

However good our youngsters might be,they are having the enthusiasm and confidence slowly knocked out of them.Supporters are never happy when they see their team struggling,and with all the off field politics going on they soon start to slip away in ever increasing numbers.

As a shareholder I'm certainly not happy with the direction we are heading in,I can't believe for one moment that any sane shareholder is ? Lowe has meddled too much in the club for my liking,if he's still continuing to do so he should be removed as soon as possible.

When are those shareholders with with major holdings going to wake up and realise, that there will no club left if Lowe is allowed to continue with his crazy experiments and meddling in things he knows nothing about !!

When are those same Shareholders going to wake up and realise that Lowe is back on a mission, a complete Vendetta against all those that Ousted him from his Kingdom

He cares NOTHING for Football, never has and never will, and has all but said as much .... His Mission simply is simply to look after Rupert Lowe and the PLC

WHEN are people going to realise that the PLC can STILL be making money, even though the Football side of the PLC can be diminishing by the season

There are PLC's at a far lower level than the CCC that are well in the Black

Be fair it is his team, his club and his ball. He is a highly qualified coach and he has a tracksuit with his initials thereon..What more qualifications does a man need...I think some of these football people have been interfering in our Director Of Footballs dream of running a proper football side.

I suggest we let him get on with it...He is the Man.

Lowey go home and play with the ducks..You have made us a laughing stock once again...Just what is your motive and WHY do the Lavender Hill Mob and Wildey let you get away with this insane behaviour..

Lol, ironic humour or blind sycophantic devotion?

No football club is the property of the MD, and Lowe doesn't even own a majority of shares. He is a charlaton. He tricked his way into Saints originally with his reverse takeover (well documented); he has tricked the naiive Wilde (who at least spent his own money to become the major shareholder) to hand over power to himself - and he is chairman of SLH, not SFC.

The soul of all football clubs are always the fans. Without soul there is no club. Lowe has lost half of Saints support. Whatever did Saints supporters do to have this amateur interferer thrust upon us? He has ruined this great club. His vanity is dragging us into the mire. Bassett is right, so the sooner Lowe's meddling stops the better. Who will rid us of Lowe - this ex hockey player who knows so little about football?

Lol, ironic humour or blind sycophantic devotion?

No football club is the property of the MD, and Lowe doesn't even own a majority of shares. He is a charlaton. He tricked his way into Saints originally with his reverse takeover (well documented); he has tricked the naiive Wilde (who at least spent his own money to become the major shareholder) to hand over power to himself - and he is chairman of SLH, not SFC.

The soul of all football clubs are always the fans. Without soul there is no club. Lowe has lost half of Saints support. Whatever did Saints supporters do to have this amateur interferer thrust upon us? He has ruined this great club. His vanity is dragging us into the mire. Bassett is right, so the sooner Lowe's meddling stops the better. Who will rid us of Lowe - this ex hockey player who knows so little about football?

Where do I stand......Ducks and Laughing stock must give you a clue.......

Never really bothered about Lowey but you read my recent post and you can see where I am coming from......

I have done my own thorough background check on Lowey and Salz and it is quite obvious who should be our Chairman....and new Directors to-0day.

Everyone..bar a group of 4or 5 want Lowey out and NOW...PLEASE.

OK I can accept the following

1) a weekly meeting between "the board" and the football management

2) a review of what is happening on the pitch and explanations for performances (or lack of) and the plans to improve

3) a discussion of the ability and readiness of players for different levels for (example the board would need to know if we need loan cover or should send a kid out to develop)

4) a discussion of the playing budget with regards to income

None of these would be out of place in any business and certainly not in most football clubs.

I have RESERVATIONS that the "board representative" is not i) an experienced ex manager/player/qualified coach, but it doesn't stop other clubs having these types of meetings (like a Kenyon or a Dein)

I am prepared to accept that these meetings could become heated when things are not going well on the playing side. I am also prepared to accept that different people (fans and managers) would interpret these types of discussions differently.

I am prepared to accept involvement by "the board representative" with discussions on player acquisition vs budgets (ie JP may want to sign Ronaldinho but someone may have to tell him to get real)

I am prepared to accept the board setting up an overall strategy and plan and setting goalposts and monitoring performance

BUT, what I am NOT prepared to accept is ANY input from a non-football expert into the specifics of the day to day operations of the footballing side. OK if a Jermaine Wright or Ricardo Fuller was playing cr*p, then most of us would ask if their mum couldn't do a better job, but they MUST accept and support their employee (ie the Managers') opinion BECAUSE HE IS THE EXPERT.

And what I am starting to see is more and more evidence that this involvement is MORE than "DIRECTING and REVIEWING" and is close to full on interference.

That IMHO is untenable, poor man-management and wrong.

Explanation time SLH please

To even the most diehars Lowe Luvvies, this must make them cringe.

Bassett has only said what I, and many many others have known for a very long time

Not all TEN or so Lowe's Managers were bad ......... and it is common to most people in the Football world, that the GOOD one's eventually bailed out simply because of LOWE'S PERPETUAL INTERFERENCE

And that "Hands On, it is MY Club" approach by Lowe, demonstrates to a large extent why Lowe has NEVER EVER bothered to attract a Multi Money Type Takeover of HIS Club, because it would mean he would no longer be in CHARGE

Thanks to Judas Wilde, Lowe is back ...... it is time for JUDAS WILDE to crumble and fall again .....

Administration is beckoning with every passing day ......... I'm sure Lowelife even has a plan to enable him to come out of even that with a healthily enhanced Bank Balance

GET THOSE LEECHES OUT OF OUR CLUB ..... THIS TIME FOREVER

But he built the stadium. Oh yes, and he arranged the finance for the stadium; and let's not forget we wouldn't have the stadium...

But his knowledge of football stadia (and especially how The Dell was such an important part of Saints previous success) was naiive. St Mary's was completely the wrong design with it's gently raked seating. We needed the stands to be steeper, more atmospheric and more dominating. Rupert would have found this threatening. The fans would have loved it. Rupert clearly saw St Mary's as a genteel throne for himself and his vanity. The rest is history. We would have been better off had St Mary's not been built.

I can see how annoying it would be to "pick over" the decisions but to put it into perspective - it was not forced as he said HR resisted and Bassett said that he was quite happy to work in that regime and wanted to, also happy to work with CW.

This confirms what we all suspected that Lowe is more hands on than some chairman but IMHO bit of a storm in a teacup - anyone expecting this to change a thing at the club will be disappointed IMHO.

If I am the boss of a football club and I want my team to be young and play passing football I will ask my managers to go and provide it. If they cant I will get someone else in that can and I will keep going until I have either had success or had enough. I still need to make my club attractive and worth something or I will never see a return on my investment.

If that is the guidlines that Lowe is working from then there relly isnt much different than any other football chairman in the country. And any ex manager will say how things should be done differently and so on. my post earlier mentioned arsenal and chelsea and man u who all have managers and boards that are trying to move in the same direction. How long that will last at chelsea is anyones guess but the managers are providing what the board wants with what is available to them.

How long would Scolari last if he benched all his top players in favour of going youth because he thought it was the right thing to do? if wenger went to his board and told them that the youth set up is kak so I want to buy a team of super stars so open your cheque books how much would they allow him to spend?

bassets comments are nothing more than telling us how rupes wants the club to move forward. tactics were not mentioned, who should play where wasnt mentioned and formations wernt mentioned. that doesnt mean thats not what he was trying to say but just looking at the facts and what was said there isnt really that much to go on.

And lets be honest.... How many of us wanted Basset and his style of management here? I know he has been there and done it got results but his style was probably 1 of the last things we really wanted here.

Our defence was shocking then and it is still the same now but I would much rather watch us play like we have been doing than when Basset was here.

I can see how annoying it would be to "pick over" the decisions but to put it into perspective - it was not forced as he said HR resisted and Bassett said that he was quite happy to work in that regime and wanted to, also happy to work with CW.

This confirms what we all suspected that Lowe is more hands on than some chairman but IMHO bit of a storm in a teacup - anyone expecting this to change a thing at the club will be disappointed IMHO.

I suspect that in the context of the catastrophic decline in gate receipts, the impending collapse in season ticket sales for next season and the problems on the pitch, this will be more than a 'storm in a teacup'. It could prove fatal to the Lowe regime if it accelerates the decline in fans actually turning up to SMS.

Lowe is the George W Bush of football. I suspect that even he is beginning to see certain parallels.

We debate Lowey and he is not even The Football Chairman.......Wildey stand up to this

man who takes so much out of the club in wages and is NOT even a good Director Of Football.....Wildey surely you have been used by Lowey Askham and the Mob....come to your senses before it is too late.

Tell Lowey to put his tracksuit away, pack his bags and leave now..

Everyone else can see he has time and time again been the root of all our problems.

PLEASE MR WILDE ...............YOU..can start the ball rolling and help put the right people in place to save our club....You maybe ..still have Saints at heart......Work with the TRUE Saint supporting Directors and Businessmen....otherwise we slide into oblivion.

We all knew this at the time, with Satchels interviews about the youngsters. It has been obvious for a long time that Lowe has been pushing to use the youth players. The question arises is what is the consequences of not using them? Well as we saw clearly with Mills, Cranie and Best, they will be on their way if they feel they have no opportunity. Mills cited Satchel directly as his reason for leaving and you can hardly blame the lad.

But what the most intransigently thick on here so easily skip over, is that Norwich and Crystal Palace did exactly this in integrating the youth players a full season and a half before us. Like anyone with the slightest bit of common sense they realised you either used it, or lost it. With the added benefit it really brings your costs under control.

So what all you are saying is that Lowe should never of tried to get the managers to use the youth players and that we should just rack up costs willy nilly and **** off those youth players who could break through. Just to remind you if we had of taken that action at that particular time, I really doubt we would be in the financial mess now. But you all seem averting the gaze from the finances for some reason.

Maybe so, maybe not ..... I think you underestimate the effect of continued Public Opinion ......

However, I DO think there are TWO things that WILL effect a change in Boardroom Smugness

1) If results continue to be negative, and we remain in the botom three

2) Attendances at St Mary's ...... like it or not, Lowe is currently facing a mass of Red Seats at home matches ...... if (1) persists, even the 14000 Faithful are going to diminish further, making it seem like a Morgue

Are ALL the Board Members STILL going to sit around and do nothing when Gates drop to circa 10000 ???

Time for those Leeches Lowe & Wilde to RESIGN FORTHWITH ..... All they have managed is to destroy the Football Team ... AND Alienate the Supporters ( Customers to Lowelife )

We all knew this at the time, with Satchels interviews about the youngsters. It has been obvious for a long time that Lowe has been pushing to use the youth players. The question arises is what is the consequences of not using them? Well as we saw clearly with Mills, Cranie and Best, they will be on their way if they feel they have no opportunity. Mills cited Satchel directly as his reason for leaving and you can hardly blame the lad.

But what the most intransigently thick on here so easily skip over, is that Norwich and Crystal Palace did exactly this in integrating the youth players a full season and a half before us. Like anyone with the slightest bit of common sense they realised you either used it, or lost it. With the added benefit it really brings your costs under control.

So what all you are saying is that Lowe should never of tried to get the managers to use the youth players and that we should just rack up costs willy nilly and **** off those youth players who could break through. Just to remind you if we had of taken that action at that particular time, I really doubt we would be in the financial mess now. But you all seem averting the gaze from the finances for some reason.

You've missed so many points it's hard to know where to start. But most of all, you've created a mythical poster to rail against. So maybe the best suggestion is you go and read what's actually been posted here, quote specifics, and argue in a less belligerent way about 'thick' posters.

It doesnt matter what the actual truth is or the true intention of Rupert.

it is just anohter bad story which will harden the dislike the fans have for the man.

The gates will continue to fall and admistration beckon.

Clearly Rupert is so devisive that his presence just damages the club.

Maybe he will jump before administration

Very good point. Unfortunatly as Lowe is not liked because of all sorts of reasons then nothing he suggests will be accepted as a good thing for our club.

This thread has pointed out that the Stadium is no good and we would have been better off by not ever having it, we should never have played the youth so Theo and bale would have gone on the cheap somewhere else while we carried on with the has beens that got us oh so far.

If the mystical Paul Allen came in and suggested the very same things I wonder what reception he would have got?

There is a world of difference between blooding the youngsters in a team where they are playing alongside experienced pros, and disposing of all those over 22 and fielding 9 teenagers with a handful of first team games between them. Whilst Burley was here there were plenty of calls for players like Lallana to be given their chance, although GB seemed not to have faith in the ressies ability to step up, hence some of them chose to leave. The problem is we have gone to the other extreme and the squad is floundering.

At the time that Lowe was preasuring the two 'Arry's to play more youngsters, he had a point. The youth team had just been beaten in the FA Youth Cup Final, and there were a few players that were ready for the championship, Baird/Cranie would have been a better right back than Hjiato, Blackstock would surey have scored more goals than Ormeroyd ( more than zero) then there were a number of others that were ready for the bench, such as Griffit ( 3 prem goals ), Best, Mills, Folly. Match that up with the experience of Claus,Higgy, Quashie,Oakley, Niemi, Belmadi and Fuller, and you had the basis of a good team.

It didn't happen, and most of that youth team has now been wasted.

However, timing is everything and to try to push so many youth players through at once, without a backbone of 6 or 7 old heads is just madness.

Over the years, Saints have produced dozens of quaility players

Channon, Holmes, Bridge, Paine, Agboola, Bale, Williams, Le Tisseir, Wallace, Shearer, Chivers, Webb, Walcott, Waldron, Sydenham ..... some good players, some great players but if you put them all in the same team as teenagers, they would get spanked.

In the Premiership days, Lowe stated that his dream was for the Acadamy to bring enough quality players into the squad to allow Saints to compete without spending excesive amounts on transfer fees.

Now, his idea seems to be to get the players in the shop window as soon as possible, to move them on for a quick profit.

To use a racing analogy, plan A was to train a Derby winner, Plan B seems to be so go for the selling stakes at Salisbury.

Maybe so, maybe not ..... I think you underestimate the effect of continued Public Opinion ......

However, I DO think there are TWO things that WILL effect a change in Boardroom Smugness

1) If results continue to be negative, and we remain in the botom three

2) Attendances at St Mary's ...... like it or not, Lowe is currently facing a mass of Red Seats at home matches ...... if (1) persists, even the 14000 Faithful are going to diminish further, making it seem like a Morgue

Are ALL the Board Members STILL going to sit around and do nothing when Gates drop to circa 10000 ???

Time for those Leeches Lowe & Wilde to RESIGN FORTHWITH ..... All they have managed is to destroy the Football Team ... AND Alienate the Supporters ( Customers to Lowelife )

I agree with all of those -just think Bassett's comments will have zero effect on board or crowd

It doesnt matter what the actual truth is or the true intention of Rupert.

it is just anohter bad story which will harden the dislike the fans have for the man.

The gates will continue to fall and admistration beckon.

Clearly Rupert is so devisive that his presence just damages the club.

Maybe he will jump before administration

thats probably the best argument I have seen on here against Rupes.

Cant see who we would turn to if he left as there is no-one associated with our club that can seem to do a half decent job or does not have an army of people ready to see them hang.

I still hope that the people at our club can do well enough to get people interested in us enough to buy us out right.

I suspect that in the context of the catastrophic decline in gate receipts, the impending collapse in season ticket sales for next season and the problems on the pitch, this will be more than a 'storm in a teacup'. It could prove fatal to the Lowe regime if it accelerates the decline in fans actually turning up to SMS.sorry I disagree, all those issues are huge and will be spoken about - an ex-member of staff, who said he was happy to work with RL's style of management, got rejected, then a few years later said that RL picked through HR's team but the team wasn't changed -non issue for the board.

Lowe is the George W Bush of football. I suspect that even he is beginning to see certain parallels.

-agree with this George Bush bit - would not be surprised if Lowe saw himself at similar level as Bush! Edited by NickG

There is a world of difference between blooding the youngsters in a team where they are playing alongside experienced pros, and disposing of all those over 22 and fielding 9 teenagers with a handful of first team games between them. Whilst Burley was here there were plenty of calls for players like Lallana to be given their chance, although GB seemed not to have faith in the ressies ability to step up, hence some of them chose to leave. The problem is we have gone to the other extreme and the squad is floundering.

But a few years ago we could afford to be not so kamakazi and not rely on so many of thae youth. There were a few of them that were ready and there are a few that learn fast so some of the financial problems could have been eased earlier while bringing the kids into a stronger team.

Pie in the sky stuff I know but there are differences beteen then and now.

Perspective

allegation is (not heard it but from first post) RL picked through HR team and wanted more younger players.

HR disagreed and RL did not therefore pick the team.

This clearly would be annoying.

Many on here moaned about the likes of Cranie, Blackstock leaving due to HR playing likes of Fuller etc.

Bassett was happy to work with CW.

Bassett was happy to work with Lowe -even having experienced this regime.

Bassett applied for the job

Bassett suggested a joint management team derided on here

Bassett was turned down.

A few years later Bassett says above in interview.

This is not the big issue for our club today!

Perspective

allegation is (not heard it but from first post) RL picked through HR team and wanted more younger players.

HR disagreed and RL did not therefore pick the team.

This clearly would be annoying.

Many on here moaned about the likes of Cranie, Blackstock leaving due to HR playing likes of Fuller etc.

Bassett was happy to work with CW.

Bassett was happy to work with Lowe -even having experienced this regime.

Bassett applied for the job

Bassett suggested a joint management team derided on here

Bassett was turned down.

A few years later Bassett says above in interview.

This is not the big issue for our club today!

I thought I was missing something, as this post is exactly what I made of the whole thing and I just don't fully understand the scale of the reaction on here.

How can Lowe leave as he is trying to protect his money.

Go into adminstration then he loses the lot, Thats why he came back and the reason why he sticks his paws into the football side is because the more young players in the more he can sell them on at a profit.

Come January anything worth selling to keep the banks happy will be sold.

The only way out of this mess is if someone buys the club out otherwise Rupert will sell and sell to project what's his.

How so sad that our great club is fallen ike this.