Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Not knocking Simon Peach but we all 'understand' it is nearly completed....

It seems like the first thing you get taught as a Journalist is to use the phrase "I/We understand that..." to basically say what is available across other news sources without naming them.

David Brent: The reason I put "If it's in you, I'll find it" is, if I waste good time and money looking for it, and see it's definitely not in you, I don't wanna be sued 'cos you haven't got it, so, you know, not gonna get me on that.

Not knocking Simon Peach but we all 'understand' it is nearly completed....

It seems like the first thing you get taught as a Journalist is to use the phrase "I/We understand that..." to basically say what is available across other news sources without naming them.

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach

Press Association Sport journalist. Southampton supporter & reporter. Fulham & QPR scribe. London 2012 Paralympics correspondent. Views are my own.

Thats just a disclaimer - its clear that a lot of his tweets are work ie football journalism related and lots of them are a good read.

I was just pointing out that saying "I understand" alludes to being ITK whereas the reality is that he is just summising the news that has already been posted here and his source is the same as ours.

He is ITK on other stuff I am sure - but today he knows nothing more than we do.

Loads of other news companies are getting stick for this, Sky always say SSN understands when the reality is it was in the morning newspapers.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Thats just a disclaimer - its clear that a lot of his tweets are work ie football journalism related and lots of them are a good read.

I was just pointing out that saying "I understand" alludes to being ITK whereas the reality is that he is just summising the news that has already been posted here and his source is the same as ours.

He is ITK on other stuff I am sure - but today he knows nothing more than we do.

Loads of other news companies are getting stick for this, Sky always say SSN understands when the reality is it was in the morning newspapers.

Actually, I put understand because I have been told by a reliable source. When I mention other people's work, I say reports.

At my organisation we only report stuff we know to be true.

Actually, I put understand because I have been told by a reliable source. When I mention other people's work, I say reports.

Fair enough, so when you say you understand it is actually that someone close to Saints has told you?

So many journanlists on Twitter put understand when they clearly have taken it from somewhere else. Sorry if I offended - didn't mean to question your integrity.

Presumably you also get to know stuff that you are asked by your Saints sources not to report in respect of potential signings? Would be interested to know in your view how many will be coming in this week and going out.

I understand he's after MON's house in winchester but faces stiff competition from Michael Owen. No doubt this is going to delay things even further.

Rubbish. Was in Jackson-Stops and Staff and they said O'Neil was never interested. The garden wasn't big enough and the previous tenant refused to take down the slide and swings set.

After weeks of negotiations, Southampton have finally had an offer accepted by Bologna for their midfielder Gaston Ramirez.

Now, just personal terms and passing a medical will be the only things in the way of Ramirez becoming Southampton's latest and record signing. Nigel Adkins has been chasing the Uruguayan playmaker all summer and already had a bid of 11.8 million rejected by the Italian club. Yet, a new offer of a reported 15 million pounds has been accepted by Bologna and now the Saints boss can breathe easy.

Ramirez had refused to play for Bologna on the weekend after hearing of Southampton's first bid being rejected and his disgruntlement seems to have been acknowledged on both sides with the Saints upping their offer and now Bologna accepting it. Ramirez, who has nine international caps for Uruguay, can play on the wing or in the middle and has been a star performer for the Italian club since his move from Penarol two seasons ago.

Adkins sees Ramirez as the perfect partner for Adam Lallana in the centre of Southampton's midfield and their combined creative talent could propel the Saints to Premier League safety by the end of the season.

Phew, glad that's settled then.

So now we know where SP gets all his information.

this thread

On come on, your not falling for the line that @SimonPeach and Saint_Peach are one and the same are you....we need a Scam 419 type proof....

How about something subtle but obvious appearing on @SimonPeach's timeline???

Adkins sees Ramirez as the perfect partner for Adam Lallana in the centre of Southampton's midfield and their combined creative talent could propel the Saints to Premier League safety by the end of the season.

Propel to safety? Woop. If he is "the perfect partner for Adam Lallana in the centre" then at least we might give opponents two whole players to stop, unlike Wigan who only had to worry about one

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meridiano.com.ve%2Ffutbol_internacional%2Fnoticia.asp%3Fregistro%3D260270

Gaston Ramirez signed for Southampton

The Uruguayan footballer finally play in the Premier League having made ​​his move to English club for 11 million euros. The player, from the Italian Bologna, collected 56,000 euros per week and strengthens the middle of Nigel Adkins.

Ramirez may not be for the Tuesday meeting of the Capital One Cup against Stevenage, but could reach the next league game for the Saints this Sunday against Manchester United.

The UK has also set its eyes on Curtis Davies, Birmingham defense to strengthen the saga of the Saints. / BANG

Yes the 442 worked so well against Wigan when we struggled for possession. Hmmmm I wonder why most Premier League teams use 5 in midfield when clearly we all know better...

And yes, before people say we used 433/451 against Wigan, we switched to a 442 in the second half which was when it all got even worse...

I've tried explaining this on here and on Twitter but there are so many "set in their ways" that wont move to the modern game. 90% of teams now play with 5 in midfield and a lone striker as a focal point with a CM joining in and the 2 wide men supporting. If people want us to play attractive passing football, it is necessary to migrate to the 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.

As you said, when we went 4-4-2, it went completely pear shaped and got massively overrun in the middle of the park.

And yes, before people say we used 433/451 against Wigan, we switched to a 442 in the second half which was when it all got even worse...
It is true - as soon as we went 4-4-2 we turned into traffic cones watching Wigan pass the ball around almost unchallenged. Embarrassing.

Davis

Clyne Jos Jose Fox

Schneiderlin

Davis

Guly Lallana Ramirez

Lambert

That's how I'd play if it were up to me.

I think the 3 behind lambert will be expected to interchange regularly througout the game. I don't think it will matter who is written in for left, right and centre when the team sheets are released.

I've tried explaining this on here and on Twitter but there are so many "set in their ways" that wont move to the modern game. 90% of teams now play with 5 in midfield and a lone striker as a focal point with a CM joining in and the 2 wide men supporting. If people want us to play attractive passing football, it is necessary to migrate to the 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.

As you said, when we went 4-4-2, it went completely pear shaped and got massively overrun in the middle of the park.

Exactly this

Which is what Adkins plays with a 433 during the attacking phase and 451 during the defensive.

442 is too outdated TBH

My point was I wouldnt want Ramirez in the centre of a 5 man midfield as you would always play 1 DMF but the other 2 CMs would need to have a defensive discipline too, Lallana and Ramirez wouldnt give you enough discipline IMO

We will play with Morgs, Davis and Lallana wherever poss this season

Davis

Clyne Jos Jose Fox

Schneiderlin

Davis

Guly Lallana Ramirez

Lambert

That's how I'd play if it were up to me.

See I'd personally go with a 4-2-3-1 but deeper so rather than 2 CM's. I'd have 2 DM's that can break up the play and just sit infront of the 2 CB's with the 3rd CM that has the license to bomb on during the attacking movement and become a second striker from deep but when defending, put the opposition under pressure and Lallana has a great engine for this. The 2 wingmen can then interchange and drive in towards the main striker and offer a support. Personally, although Lambert has a great goalscoring record, he just doesnt fit a 4-5-1 in my opinion. In this style formation, you need an agile player, with a bit of pace, and stamina to chase the ball for the majority of the game. This is why I feel Jay Rod would be a much better option.

Davis

Clyne           Fonte         Hooiveld            Fox

Schneiderlin          Davis

Lallana

Puncheon                                    Ramirez

Rodriguez

Edited by itchen_dan

See I'd personally go with a 4-2-3-1 but deeper so rather than 2 CM's. I'd have 2 DM's that can break up the play and just sit infront of the 2 CB's with the 3rd CM that has the license to bomb on and become a second striker from deep. The 2 wingmen can then interchange and drive in towards the main striker and offer a support. Personally, although Lambert has a great goalscoring record, he just doesnt fit a 4-5-1 in my opinion. In this style formation, you need an agile player, with a bit of pace, and stamina to chase the ball for the majority of the game. This is why I feel Jay Rod would be a much better option.

Davis

Lallana

Rodriguez

Lambert looked fine against City when he came on. I also think he can easily interchange with Lallana, Guly and Ramirez, by dropping deep, thus allowing Guly to stretch them with his pace.

I am not saying 4-4-2 is the only way; far from it. But lets be clear about the game against Wigan: we tried 4-3-3 for much of the game and you can read other posts on here about how well everyone thinks that worked. For the 20 mins (max) we changed it on Saturday, we moved JRod up front with Rickie, but took him off less than 5 mins later. We moved Do Prado inside but he gave up with 15 mins left and stopped running altogether at points. We did not have any genuine wingers. We did not have any pace. We had a ponderous defence. Shall I go on? You can blame 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 if you must, but only if we have the right players, in the right positions.

-----------------------Davis--------------------

Clyne----------New CB---------Jos------------Fox/New LB

-----------------Morgan------Davis---------------------

Ramirez----------------Lallana---------------------Mayuka/New Pacy forward

----------------------Rickie/JR---------------------------

Ramirez plays best in the centre, if not then on the right where he can cut in and use his powerful left foot shot.

Wrong. Turkish was saying he's an out and out winger in the Aaron Lennon mould yesterday. Can't and won't be playing in the centre because that's where Lallana plays.

-----------------------Davis--------------------

Clyne----------New CB---------Jos------------Fox/New LB

-----------------Morgan------Davis---------------------

Ramirez----------------Lallana---------------------Mayuka/New Pacy forward

----------------------Rickie/JR---------------------------

I like this a lot

I do, but going on whats been said over the last few weeks, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Sounds like NA has made up his mind and Lallana will be playing CM.

I'm not actually sure that NA has really made any references to AL playing rigidly in the middle of the park?

See I'd personally go with a 4-2-3-1 but deeper so rather than 2 CM's. I'd have 2 DM's that can break up the play and just sit infront of the 2 CB's with the 3rd CM that has the license to bomb on during the attacking movement and become a second striker from deep but when defending, put the opposition under pressure and Lallana has a great engine for this. The 2 wingmen can then interchange and drive in towards the main striker and offer a support. Personally, although Lambert has a great goalscoring record, he just doesnt fit a 4-5-1 in my opinion. In this style formation, you need an agile player, with a bit of pace, and stamina to chase the ball for the majority of the game. This is why I feel Jay Rod would be a much better option.

Davis

Lallana

Rodriguez

I like it, particularly once Fox and Puncheon are replaced

This is not a dig at NA but if it was obvious to the vast majority on Saturday, why was it not seen by those that matter (ie coaches and Manager)?