Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Really ? Please point me to the post where I said he was a waste of money and we shouldnt have bought him...

I think it was of a suggestion that perhaps you've not been the most patient and supportive fan in the face of adversity in the past?

Oh, the irony of this coming from Mr. One-Liner...

Not really. I don't claim to be Mr Subtletly do I? I'm not the one backtracking here. And I said he'd sign when you'd written it off and slated those that disagreed.

But anyway, first class back tracking on a player you've spent a fortnight grizzling about what a waste of time it all is, how any thinking we would sign him was "deluded to pompey proportions" and, then, in seconds of him signing start grizzle-arsing about "I wish we'd kept so and so instead".

We all know you'll be on Gaston's back if he doesn't score a hattrick in game one anyway, so this backtracking routine is utterly futile anyway.

Interesting piece on the BBC about the Uruguay team see our new man gets a mention

The problem is that at the age of 33 Forlan is showing signs of decline. He had an unhappy, injury-hit season in Italy with Inter Milan, and has made an uncertain start with Internacional in Brazil. His first goals for his new club finally came on Sunday, when in the 4-1 win over Flamengo he looked like a class act once more. But will he still be able to hit the heights for the next two years, and if not, can he be replaced? Southampton's new signing Gaston Ramirez has been groomed for the role, but has consistently looked off the pace when given a start in the senior side - and for all his left-footed wizardry from set-pieces, the Olympics did nothing to alter this impression.

I look forward to some left footed set piece wizardry :) be nice to get a few more goals from free kicks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2012/09/uruguay_have_cause_for_world_c.html

Not really. I don't claim to be Mr Subtletly do I? I'm not the one backtracking here. And I said he'd sign when you'd written it off and slated those that disagreed.

But anyway, first class back tracking on a player you've spent a fortnight grizzling about what a waste of time it all is, how any thinking we would sign him was "deluded to pompey proportions" and, then, in seconds of him signing start grizzle-arsing about "I wish we'd kept so and so instead".

We all know you'll be on Gaston's back if he doesn't score a hattrick in game one anyway, so this backtracking routine is utterly futile anyway.

Sadly I reckon Alps won't be the only one. A 12 million pound price tag is going to bring a hefty amount of expectation down on Gaston...I can see him being the next Guly for the knuckle draggers down at SMS if he doesn't get off to a good start.

You managed to get "backtracking" in 3 times.

I wrote it off because I couldnt see it happening with us (the pompey delusion comment exemplified this) and/or it was taking too long and would slip out of the window. Nothing to do with being a waste of time or money.

Are you slightly illiterate or is it the mad desperate rush to get in the one-liner and eeek out a little giggle that drives you onwards ?

Sadly I reckon Alps won't be the only one. A 12 million pound price tag is going to bring a hefty amount of expectation down on Gaston...I can see him being the next Guly for the knuckle draggers down at SMS if he doesn't get off to a good start.

Is that unreasonable ? Its not the expectcation thats the problem, its the patience.

You managed to get "backtracking" in 3 times.

I wrote it off because I couldnt see it happening with us (the pompey delusion comment exemplified this) and/or it was taking too long and would slip out of the window. Nothing to do with being a waste of time or money.

Are you slightly illiterate or is it the mad desperate rush to get in the one-liner and eeek out a little giggle that drives you onwards ?

Other people could see it happening. Guess what? They weren't deluded.

You could have said "I don't see it happening". You didn't. You called others deluded instead. Guess what? They weren't deluded.

And since the signing you have done nothing but moan.

But here comes the backtrack. Lets see how long it lasts.

And, err, worrying about it "slipping out the window" is all about, well, time. As in "waste of time". You know, time. Or are you working in a different dimension from the rest of us?

And, err, worrying about it "slipping out the window" is all about, well, time. As in "waste of time". You know, time. Or are you working in a different dimension from the rest of us?

What delicious codswallop !!!!!

I said several times "I can see this slipping out of the window" in a non-aggressive offering of my opinion. Guess what ? It was still met with "STFU", "troll", "Ban him" and various other choice insults...

What delicious codswallop !!!!!

I said several times "I can see this slipping out of the window" in a non-aggressive offering of my opinion. Guess what ? It was still met with "STFU", "troll", "Ban him" and various other choice insults...

So what? Log off if you don't like it.

imagine getting a leg break in the international break

LOLzers

Less spectacular than that. Just some random strain that keeps him out for a month. Doesn't play a minute then makes miracle recovery to play in both WC qualifiers in S America in October. Before pulling something again.

Finally makes Saints debut in November in pi ssing down rain in Stoke or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Great piece on him on the Premier League site today. The reports differ from Tim Vickery's opinions!

http://www2.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/gaston-ramirez-could-be-new-le-tissier-for-southampton.html?

Judging by the article, he will be a huge success IMO. Just needs to adapt to English life and learn the team's style quickly and he'll fit in an absolute treat.

Nice article, and I really hope that Ramirez turns out to be the star that we all want him to be. But lets not forget that this article is from the official premier league website, where every piece is written in a positive light to hype up the premier league. It is not as if they would publish an article saying that that are worried that he'll be a flop! I'm hoping the hype is true, but I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen him play a few times.

but I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen him play a few times.

Sounds totally unreasonable, you know very well that a 10 minute run out as a late sub is by far enough to make a long term judgement. :rolleyes: Unless you've got a 1 minute UTube clip or some Championship Manager stats handy, then you don't even need to bother to watch him.

CB Fry will be ******ed off. Apparently Vickery knows so much about Ramirez that his opinion shouldn't be questioned.

I said nothing of the sort.

I did say he knows more about him than you do, and he does.

And those quotes are very similar to the stuff Vickery was saying anyway.

If you can't handle even the slightest suggestion from one journalist that Gaston Ramires may not be the world's most perfect footballer then that's your problem.

Stick to the official site mate. Everything is perfect there. You don't get the real world ruining it.

I said nothing of the sort.

I did say he knows more about him than you do, and he does.

And those quotes are very similar to the stuff Vickery was saying anyway.

If you can't handle even the slightest suggestion from one journalist that Gaston Ramires may not be the world's most perfect footballer then that's your problem.

Stick to the official site mate. Everything is perfect there. You don't get the real world ruining it.

And I never said he was a perfect player. I was questioning the wisdom of someone who has unlikely seen him more than 20 times, in a non club situation. You think he should be a

Ramirez expert because the guy covers South American football. I disagree as I am sure he has spent more time covering players like Lulinha at that time (people thought.he was going to be the next Kaka. Ramirez wasn't a big player in SA at that time, part of the reason he went to Bologna and not a big side. The article written by Vickery, and his subsequent comments on Talksport never mentioned his Bologna career. It just smacks of lazy journalism to me.

However, I never disagreed that he did know more than me. I disagreed that he knew more than the equivalent Italian journalist.

It's fine though, obviously you have a thing for TV. Oh and by the way, he was certainly not 'off the pace' the other day for Uruguay, he was their best player.

[qoute] Born in Fray Bentos on the border of Argentina and Uruguay, Ramirez began his career with Montevideo club Penarol and helped them to win the Primera Division in 2009/10. [/unquote]

Lol, I never knew ' Fray Bentos ' was an actual place ! I thought it was just a trading name for corned beef :D

[qoute] Born in Fray Bentos on the border of Argentina and Uruguay, Ramirez began his career with Montevideo club Penarol and helped them to win the Primera Division in 2009/10. [/unquote]

Lol, I never knew ' Fray Bentos ' was an actual place ! I thought it was just a trading name for corned beef :D

I was a little surpised to see that. Apprarently the trading name of Fray Bentos was taken from the place which once had the biggest meat processing plant in South America.

At first I thought some witty bastard had doctored the Wikipedia page on Ramirez as it seemed a throwback to an age old joke (which I remember from the late 60's,early 70's) : Saints are selling Channon to Juventus; and the rest to Fray Bentos.