Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Tim Vickery on R5 talking Ramires right now.

david pleat sounded like a right dunce......does he really think a club would sign someone, break their transfer record and not thought about a work permit

vickery also said that we bid and keeping tabs on Bueno..who is a young whippet of a player etc

david pleat sounded like a right dunce......does he really think a club would sign someone, break their transfer record and not thought about a work permit

vickery also said that we bid and keeping tabs on Bueno..who is a young whippet of a player etc

Probably looking at a London A-Z whilst speaking, thinking about the the best route home on leaving the studio to take in the best kerb crawling opportunities.

Tim Vickery on R5 talking Ramires right now.

No a glowing report it has to be said.

Potentially a luxury player, might struggle for pace in Prem and won't put the yards in defensively. But great at set pieces. Lots of potential though.

For those who don't know Tim Vickery is a South America based football journalist who is always worth listening to.

No a glowing report it has to be said.

Potentially a luxury player, might struggle for pace in Prem and won't put the yards in defensively. But great at set pieces. Lots of potential though.

For those who don't know Tim Vickery is a South America based football journalist who is always worth listening to.

Sound like anyone else we know?

Pleat was a bit dopey but I'd rate a Tim Vickery guff over anything you have ever said in your entire life.

yeah said he does not like the defensive work...lets hope he gets the right coaching here...cant think of too many players that have signed and got worse in the last few years (excluding promotions)

Interesting to reflect again on the poll results.

I'd say that most football fans tend to be over-optimistic about their clubs in most respects.

But 57% of those who voted in this poll were on the wrong/pessimistic side (myself included).

Some sort of proof that SWF posters and readers are disproportionately miserable bastards?

I'd say that most football fans tend to be over-optimistic about their clubs in most respects.

But 57% of those who voted in this poll were on the wrong/pessimistic side (myself included).

Some sort of proof that SWF posters and readers are disproportionately miserable bastards?

Without a doubt ;)

One minute this deal looked on, then it looked dead, then it looked on, then it looked dead. It really depends on when people were voting. I voted "NO" when the negativeness crept in regarding the Bologna president asking for more money.

I've not seen even the smallest bit of footage of the lad. So is he any bloody good?

Described as a combo of Kaka and Pastore (obviously not quite at either of their levels, yet). Languid style, but glides along with the ball with a real class, very tall for an attacking/winger - similar to how bale looked, some players just look natrual moving with the ball. Doesn't seem to be the sort of player who will be caught tracking back...seems to like attacking and that's all. Basically get the ball to him and Lallana and things will happen.

I've not seen even the smallest bit of footage of the lad. So is he any bloody good?

There is a fair few clips on YouTube (some made by Liverpool fans, lol). Very skillful, hasn't got blistering pace but can beat players with ease and has an awesome left foot.

Credit to Nixon, a fair few people say he speaks crap - but he hasn't put a foot wrong on any of our stories all summer long.

Called Jay long before it happened, same with Clyne, Davis and was calm and collected on Ramirez whilst we were all panicking (he obviously knew, as did the club, that the deal had been signed 10 days ago!)

He has genuine contacts.

Yes, I am surprised it was as low as 57% :)

I thought that this was worth reposting :)

According to skysports we're interested, unrealistic if you ask me.

Can't post the link casue my computer is playing up!

In fairness it was unrealistic two weeks ago, I think that was a fair gut-feel assessment.

Just because we've done it doesn't make it easy. We've done very, very well.

:lol:

I do hope he gets pulled up on this next time he is on TV.

Has he got a Facebook or Twitter account we can bombard ?

Each to his own.

Personally, thinking our club would pull off a transfer like this has to rate as a delusion of Pompey proportions.

Classic

Just found this classic from a liverpool fan

Ah dont worry ladz, we are liverpool fc and we got the new moroccan wonder kid that Southampton was after (that may not be true but it makes me feel better). Southampton might have more money than us but we have the scouts to find the real bargain basement talent. This Moroccan wonder kid is that good and that much of a find that I can't ever remember his name. Who the **** needs one of Europes hottest prospects when you are LFC and you can sign any bargain basement player we want instead.

Its all goood.

seriously, well bloody done to the saints, a proper club and one I have had a soft spot for since the Keegan days and them pushing a great LFC team all the way in a title race. I really really wanted us to get Ramirez and will look out to see how he goes