Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

This has probably already been covered but I can't be bothered to look.. Do we actually know when he signed? If it was days ago like some said then wouldn't he be available to play tomorrow?

paddy power are taking bets on him scoring in the MU game

Jesus Christ. Pundit offers opinion and is wrong and you want a "heartfelt" apology? Get over yourself. Lawro couldn't give two shi ts about us and why should he.
well it is not worth saying tehn. If he doesnt mean it, dont apologise. I had quite forgotten what a miserable argumentative poster you were.

Haha! absolutely agree on many levels. All the bloke did was say a player wouldn't sign for us! :lol:
i didn't see what he said, but I did see his apology and if it deserved to be apologised for, then he should either mean it or not apologise. Edited by OldNick

Lawrenson's job is as a pundit - to give an opinion, interpret events and make people think. Regardless of whether people think he's a **** or not it a bit pathetic for fans to demand apologies everytime an opinion turns out not to be accurate. Thats what happened in politics and the result is that we now have spineless individuals who only say what people want to hear.

Lawrenson's job is as a pundit - to give an opinion, interpret events and make people think. Regardless of whether people think he's a **** or not it a bit pathetic for fans to demand apologies everytime an opinion turns out not to be accurate. Thats what happened in politics and the result is that we now have spineless individuals who only say what people want to hear.

I don't think its his opinion that has irritated people, more the dismissive and condescending way he said it.

His job is to be a pundit, to provoke discussion and to give his honest opinion. It's quite possible to do all of those things really very well without being a **** about it.

Anyway, back to Ramirez, are either of next weeks uruaguay games likely to be on uk tv anywhere? I know it's unlikely but you never know....

Edited by Barry the Badger

His job is to be a pundit, to provoke discussion and to give his honest opinion. It's quite possible to do all of those things really very well without being a **** about it.

Anyway, back to Ramirez, are either of next weeks uruaguay games likely to be on uk tv anywhere? I know it's unlikely but you never know....

I'm sure they will be - in Uruguay. HTH :-)

(I'd like to know too)

Interesting to reflect again on the poll results.

I'd say that most football fans tend to be over-optimistic about their clubs in most respects.

But 57% of those who voted in this poll were on the wrong/pessimistic side (myself included).

Some sort of proof that SWF posters and readers are disproportionately miserable bastards?

Right, so u needed proof of that. Lol!!!

Jesus Christ. Pundit offers opinion and is wrong and you want a "heartfelt" apology? Get over yourself. Lawro couldn't give two shi ts about us and why should he.

You're mostly right, but the reason he should give a sh it is because he's paid to give an informed opinion. Of course he doesn't and he's not bothered, but that's just one of the reasons he shouldn't be given the platform to spout his ill-informed drivel. The fact he seems to regard every match as a tedious chore is another.

LOL at CB Fry and the others saying "Lawro is a punter doing his job and we are all in hissy fits".

Listen to the comment again. He interrupts the presenter, and delivers the comment as a FACT. And his dismissive, patronising and arrogant tone clearly is saying "No f**king way will a player like that go to a little club of scummy no-hopers like that".

I recall often when I have expressed my opinion how annoyed it makes some because they interpret it as me stating a fact. And that is what Lawrenson did.

He doesnt like us, never has, and thought he was sticking the boot in.

C**t.

LOL at CB Fry and the others saying "Lawro is a punter doing his job and we are all in hissy fits".

Listen to the comment again. He interrupts the presenter, and delivers the comment as a FACT. And his dismissive, patronising and arrogant tone clearly is saying "No f**king way will a player like that go to a little club of scummy no-hopers like that".

I recall often when I have expressed my opinion how annoyed it makes some because they interpret it as me stating a fact. And that is what Lawrenson did.

C**t.

Not that I want to cause an argument, but didn't you state that he would never sign for us?

C**t.

Right you are then Alpine.

This has to rate as the biggest waste of time thread in the history of the site.

Personally, thinking our club would pull off a transfer like this has to rate as a delusion of Pompey proportions.

Oh yawn, yawn, f**king yawn. Its never going to happen in time. And NC has been wasting his negotiation skills/energy and best suits on a total wind-up.

Its a toughie.

Lets talk specifics. I would have rather kept Sharp than buy Ramirez and Rodriguez.

Edited by CB Fry

Watching the interview, if there's one thing that comes out loud and clear, its that Ramirez would have never signed for us if it wasn't for Cortese.

Even the most ardent critic of Cortese cannot fail to appreciate that. And if you think Ramirez is a massive signing for the club -like the rest of the world does- then Cortese deserves a hell of a lot of credit.

Bit controversial, he's got GASTON on the shirt on the OS not RAMIREZ, hope no-one got their shirts printed today... or it's just a one off to confuse people.

547073_10151017015476931_941431017_n.jpg

Thread's over 200 pages for me now, btw.

i think the reason is that the club shop only buy in a limited amount of z's, thinking they'll never need them. Now they've gone and used them all up on Rodriguez, so he has to be Gaston until they've ordered some more.

Bit controversial, he's got GASTON on the shirt on the OS not RAMIREZ, hope no-one got their shirts printed today... or it's just a one off to confuse people.

547073_10151017015476931_941431017_n.jpg

Thread's over 200 pages for me now, btw.

Thats odd, he has Ramirez when playing in youtube vids.

(Those youtube comps are the best Ive seen for a soton player other than MLT :) )

Right you are then Alpine.

Why dont you and any other sad little people who go back and dredge up quotes get it ?

I am emotionally attached to this club; I have an emotional investement in it; that means sometimes I post emotive outbursts.

Lawrenson is supposed to be employed as an objective, impartial, knowledgable punter.

Yes, it did seem at times this deal wouldnt close in time, and I said so. After all, it was supposed to be a done deal several times. I also doubted the veractiy of the story at first - yes, I was guilty of small-club limited-ambitions syndrome at times over this.

But really, having TDD pull me up on this after his quite spectacular impatience-inspired brain-farts of a similar vein on Thursday and Friday is really f**king funny.

I still stand by my comments on Billy Sharp. If I were NA, I would not have been so eager to cast him aside for the likes of Ramirez and Rodriguez.

Not that I want to cause an argument, but didn't you state that he would never sign for us?

How do you mean that ? If you mean it in a "the players not interested so wont sign" kind of way, I NEVER said that.

If you mean "I suspect this is a wind-up or we are beign used" or a logisitcal sense he will never sign, then yes, guilty m'lud. But I dont think I was the only one having trouble believing this would really happen.

He's much taller than I expected. Sort of a "Bale" build.

As I said the other day, reminds me very much of a Dembele type player going by the videos I've seen. Tall, bit of a unit, commanding, very good technically, can score goals, sets up plenty of chances, and just drifts past players with ease.

Very exciting and very excited. Cannot wait for the Arsenal game now!