Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Delicious signing.

He is a playmaker commonly compared to Kaka in playing style - but I find him more like Pastore as he lacks Kaka's once explosive turn of pace.

Ramirez glides across the pitch. He has a languid, elegant style. He'll be turning up quite a lot on Sky's goal of the week polls too.

On the negative side, I saw him play recently for Uruguay and he struggled quite a lot. He's a player who needs to be accommodated; a luxury. At Bologna, he played off the frontman in a 4-2-3-1 formation, being asked to do no defensive work. Similar to Ozil's role at Madrid. This suits him perfectly. It allows him to express his creativity without showing up his weaknesses (stamina, workrate, discipline)

They don't seem too impressed about him on talk sport which is a bit strange,they seem surprised about his price tag and said Uruguay were awful in the Olympics so we couldn't of based our decision to buy him on his Olympic performance.

But if he'd signed for Spurs or L'Pool they'd be lapping it up.

Moaning about the price is lazy.

Matt Jarvis for 11m. Or Ramirez for 11-12m? Err, exactly.

They don't seem too impressed about him on talk sport which is a bit strange,they seem surprised about his price tag and said Uruguay were awful in the Olympics so we couldn't of based our decision to buy him on his Olympic performance.

Talksport generally have no idea...I think Saints are more clued up.

Talksport, and everything to do with it, is a c*nt. Not worth listening to.

Gary Lineker‏@GaryLineker

Best signing so far has to be Gaston Ramirez. If only because Lawro said he'd never sign for Saints. Such a shame he's not on MOTD

:lol:

I do hope he gets pulled up on this next time he is on TV.

Has he got a Facebook or Twitter account we can bombard ?

Just because they get airtime doesn't make them experts. If London clubs aren't involved, Talksport really don't give a toss.

Basing their judgment on three games...ridiculous. He didn't even play that bad at the Olympics from what I saw. Scored a great goal.

Dowie suggests on SSN that Ramirez could disrupt the Saints dressing room - by putting Lambert's nose out of joint as the new "top dog".

That's about the only coverage SSN have given the coup of this transfer window. Woeful.

That was pretty bad wasn't it?

Dowie suggests on SSN that Ramirez could disrupt the Saints dressing room - by putting Lambert's nose out of joint as the new "top dog".

That's about the only coverage SSN have given the coup of this transfer window. Woeful.

Really? I'd never even thought of that! - That's laughable!

Liverpool fans still arrogant as ever :rolleyes:

http://kopworld.net/transfer-talk/gaston-ramirez-(fc-bologna)/

If the internet were around back then, can you imagine what people would have wrote about us getting Keegan ?

Go back and have a shuftie through the first series of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet; Jimmy Nail makes a few barbed comments about it in his Oz character.

If the internet were around back then, can you imagine what people would have wrote about us getting Keegan ?

Go back and have a shuftie through the first series of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet; Jimmy Nail makes a few barbed comments about it in his Oz character.

Rememebr that - classic stuff - although signing Keegan was like us signing Messi!

Dowie is an idiot as well

I can gloat for voting yes. I assumed that all the hystrionics coming from the Bologna chairman and the comments in the Italian press were just tactical, in an attempt at brinkmanship, to get the player's profile raised and to up the buying price. I also came to the conclusion that as a fellow Italian, Cortese would be adept at playing this game of poker and when the chips were down, he wouldn't blink first.

Although Ramirez is an unknown quantity in English top flight football, the fact that he did very well in Seria A and was on the radar of several other top clubs encourages me to hope that we might have unearthed a real diamond of a player. All those who muttered darkly about the lack of activity earlier in the window surely cannot be unhappy about the quality of these last few signings. Or would they have rather settled for some of those players who were signed earlier for other clubs who are likely to be in the bottom half of the table?

IMO, the calibre of player that we have brought onto the bus amounts to a serious statement of intent by the club. All those supporters of other clubs who believed that Southampton are the same outfit that flirted with relegation most seasons in the Premiership and who didn't have two pennies to rub together, are starting to sit up and rub their eyes in bewilderment. It has also come as a surprise to some of our own fans too. Cortese with the backing of the Liebherrs, is starting to look like a man who doesn't make ambitious statements for the club without being deadly serious about them. Whether those ambitions can be achieved remains to be seen, but at least the signing of players of this calibre lends credibility to his aims.

I can gloat for voting yes. I assumed that all the hystrionics coming from the Bologna chairman and the comments in the Italian press were just tactical, in an attempt at brinkmanship, to get the player's profile raised and to up the buying price. I also came to the conclusion that as a fellow Italian, Cortese would be adept at playing this game of poker and when the chips were down, he wouldn't blink first.

Although Ramirez is an unknown quantity in English top flight football, the fact that he did very well in Seria A and was on the radar of several other top clubs encourages me to hope that we might have unearthed a real diamond of a player. All those who muttered darkly about the lack of activity earlier in the window surely cannot be unhappy about the quality of these last few signings. Or would they have rather settled for some of those players who were signed earlier for other clubs who are likely to be in the bottom half of the table?

IMO, the calibre of player that we have brought onto the bus amounts to a serious statement of intent by the club. All those supporters of other clubs who believed that Southampton are the same outfit that flirted with relegation most seasons in the Premiership and who didn't have two pennies to rub together, are starting to sit up and rub their eyes in bewilderment. It has also come as a surprise to some of our own fans too. Cortese with the backing of the Liebherrs, is starting to look like a man who doesn't make ambitious statements for the club without being deadly serious about them. Whether those ambitions can be achieved remains to be seen, but at least the signing of players of this calibre lends credibility to his aims.

Too long;Didn't read