Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Been a long drawn out saga for Gaston Ramirez, just hope its worth it.......can't wait to see him play Vs Arsenal

SKY coverage for this transfer is a joke £12mil spent by us and hardly a eyelid batted......SHOCKING but hopefully Gaston will show em Vs Arsenal just what a great player he is.

Still time also to get 1 more in before the deadline at 11pm COYR!!

Now I can finally relax and enjoy the final hours untill the window shuts. Great signing - wasted a lot of time at work over the last few weeks following this tread. About time I conributed to it... And yes, I woted "no" (was in a dark place at the time). Now bring on the pie! Saint Gaston!

Saint Richmond, Alpine....where are you? Not celebrating this great signing? Fair play to the club for keeping the details under wraps for so long and what a statement of intent! Nige has to deliver in the Prem now with this level of backing. Never thought I'd see the day when we made signings like this - but just hope we are not overreaching ourselves financially.

Saint Richmond, Alpine....where are you? Not celebrating this great signing? Fair play to the club for keeping the details under wraps for so long and what a statement of intent! Nige has to deliver in the Prem now with this level of backing. Never thought I'd see the day when we made signings like this - but just hope we are not overreaching ourselves financially.

Alpine will pop on later saying that he was conveniently at a prior engagement. His appearance will coincide with the transfer window closing, and us not signing a 2nd CB.

so, the deal was done 10 days ago

all te tweets from various sources saying it was dead were a load of crap

and the guff from the bologna chairman was just a way of saving face

As we said all along. This was never really in danger, it was all tosh from the Italian end.

Mark Lawrenson, BBC Sport speaking on BBC Radio 5 live: "Liverpool cannot sign just Clint Dempsey, who is not an out-and-out striker. They need someone else as well, otherwise their problems will be the same as last year - not enough goals. I can just see them being in the same predicament as last season."

Who do you have in mind Lawro?

It's so irritating. We've just made one of the most amazing transfers in years. A promoted club signing one of the most sought after players in world football.

But they're more interested in talking about Richard Wright joining Man City, weird... never mind, we know what we have here - a huge statement, a huge signing and someone that will create a domino effect on this club and city. Sit back and enjoy it.

So what? Who cares? How does us not getting column inches affect our season in any way? I'd rather stay out of the press and survive this season than be caught up in a media circus.

talian football expert James Horncastle on Southampton signing Gaston Ramirez:

"Negotiations have been complicated on account of the number of parties said to be claiming a stake in the player and the reported entitlement of former club Peñarol to a percentage of the transfer fee.

"Everything has now been resolved. It's a considerable coup for Southampton considering Liverpool and Manchester City were said to be interested at one stage, as were Juventus and Inter Milan. The 21-year-old Uruguay international is a winger capable of playing behind the strikers. He lacks consistency, sure, but there's absolutely no doubting his potential. On some days his dribbling and other creative talents are worth the ticket price alone."

Nick Davis ‏@NickDavis4

“@RussellSFC: Have that Mark "Southampton will not sign Gaston Ramirez" Lawrenson. Have that. #SaintsFC” when did he say that? What a *****

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

5m Liam Vincent ‏@LemmyIsg0d

RT @MrCraigB26 Stick that one up your arse, Mark Lawrenson! Gaston Ramirez is a Saint! #saintsfc

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

25m Sam ‏@sjam29

Where's Mark Lawrenson? I need to laugh in his face!

Mark Smith ‏@Mark26Smith

Lawrenson on #saintsfc - "they have a very good manager but I'm not sure about the people who run the club" #clueless http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19362839

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

20h Ernest Zambucco ‏@Zambucco

Lawrenson says "Ramirez will not sign for Southampton" RT @benjrule http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19314163 6 mins, 40 secs... #saintsfc #lawrensonlol

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

26 Aug Tom Williamson ‏@skepticCanary

Mark Lawrenson fail http://pic.twitter.com/IHrWgYlV

View photo

Reply Ret

Russell ‏@RussellSFC

Have that Mark "Southampton will not sign Gaston Ramirez" Lawrenson. Have that. #SaintsFC

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

23m AlakaSAM ‏@sammyw99

And also, STUFF THAT MARK LAWRENSON AND ALL LIVERPOOL FANS #IBetYourJealousNow

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

23m Dan Heritage ‏@DanHeritage

Ummm what were you saying Mark Lawrenson #SHHHHHHH

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

25m Robert McGrattan ‏@Rob_McGrattan

Wow! Now the saga is over. #saintsfc sign Gaston Ramirez. Up yours Mark Lawrenson!

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

27m Andy Hollis ‏@74Promotions

So Mark Lawrenson, he'll definitely not join Southampton right? #ramirez #saintsfc

Thats just the last 20 minutes