Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by LGTL viewpost-right.png

Already tweeted Lineker to pass on my best wishes to Lawro..

Pete Devereux ‏@PeteDevereux

@GaryLineker what do you think of Southampton finally signing Gaston Ramirez? Lawrenson was certain it wouldn't happen on last weeks MOTD3.

Fantastic!

LGTL is Pete Devereux? =\ From The Artful Dodger.... =\

Just re-read the first few pages of this thread. Think quite a few eminent posters need to eat some humble pie. "It's not going to happen". "We should be careful not to make fatuous bids"

Saints have made a mark, big time, and no small thanks to Nicola Cortese.

Just re-read the first few pages of this thread. Think quite a few eminent posters need to eat some humble pie. "It's not going to happen". "We should be careful not to make fatuous bids"

But let's not forget Markus in all of this, it's his dream at the end of the day.

I liked the one about FIFA sanctions for wasting other clubs time!

the best page, IMO, is page 5 ;)

I really didn't think this would happen, I was certain that Liverpool or Spuds would dive in at the last minute and snatch him away. Really hope he lives up to all the hype now and that we do actually have the financial backing to make signings like this in the first place.

COYR!

I have heard that this is serious. We have been in discussions with representatives on Gaston's side, and Bologna's side since Monday - Cortese was apparently in Italy at the start of the week where he met with them, and the parties have now traveled to England, along with Gaston.

A fee of around £12m is still being thrashed out, but we seem to be in the driving seat. Might be a load of twaddle, but I thought I'd share.

I didn't believe it at first as I thought he was too big a player to get here, but with what I've heard, what the Italian press people have said and a couple of other ''ITK'' people, I'm sure there is active interest to make this a real possibility.

It could well be that our driving to get Phillips done signals the end of the Gaston interest, but whatever, our interest seems to be/have been real.

Exciting.

Not bad mate!

Fabulous signing! I did not vote in the poll as I did not have a clue as to the likelihood of this signing, but lived in hope. Have spent more time than I should following this saga, but I cannot recall anything more exciting except possibly Keegan coming in from Hanover or Charlie Wayman from Newcastle when Football was in a different world.:)

...and as for Lawrenson? :lol::lol::lol::lol: